It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: primalfractal
Some data to help get rid of the "its like the flu" comparisons.

Keep hearing seasonal flu CFR is .1%, it is not.

If anyone who says that actually checked, most of the snippets that pop up in search say < 0.1%.

That's less than 1%. So what is it actually?

In percentage terms, 0.05% of those who’ve had flu this season in the United States (based on the figures above) have died from it.
www.weforum.org...

And this is during a year with an epidemic of influenza. It includes the more virulent epidemic forms which are not reffered to as regular flu. As an example swine flu has a CFR of .02%. "Regular flu" is CFR .01% or lower.

So using the CFR 3% rate for corona (very conservative ) and the CFR .05% number for all influenza in the US so far this year.

Coronavirus is 60x more deadly than the flu.

Yes.... this needs more attention. I've been looking at the math for weeks now and it's not a pretty picture. DEFINITELY NOT like the flu. Spanish flu maybe....

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: liejunkie01
I was thinking... if you can file on line for unemployment, they will probably have people at the unemployment office working from home to process your claim.
But how long will the computers keep working without IT people on the job? I guess they can do so much from home, but there will eventually be hardware issues that will involve a need to be on site to make repairs.

Yeah we file online. I do not know how they process the information though. I do know that the state of Illinois runs on a tight staff and I hope that most of it is automated.

Time will only tell

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Canadian researcher start testing next week in china for a « drug » that can slow entry of the virus into cells. The antiviral drug already work for ebola and zika...

Dr. Michel Chrétien's team at the Clinical Research Insitute of Montreal began clinical trials in China for an antiviral drug developed by Chrétien and his colleagues in the wake of SARS. He gives us an inside look at the lab teams fighting to find a drug that can stop COVID-19 in its tracks.

I already bought alot of it in case it works...

CBC

Interview - video

edit on 29-2-2020 by Maker22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: liejunkie01
I was thinking... if you can file on line for unemployment, they will probably have people at the unemployment office working from home to process your claim.
But how long will the computers keep working without IT people on the job? I guess they can do so much from home, but there will eventually be hardware issues that will involve a need to be on site to make repairs.

This is why here in this country a bank employee at the largest bank was working and infected. The news of that now has been banned from all outlets and even not available on the newspapers internet papers.

If you have money in the bank, try to withdraw it, please. Also if America sees what I now see in the stores here, money is NOT going to do you any good if the shelves are empty.

Things here are moving too fast, that is one reason I haven't post an update yet, it will just be old history.

But this is important: www.abovetopsecret.com...

thanks everyone for reading my post

and yes most hospitals now have released all patients that can be left on their own. why... we now have reserved about 5000 new beds for this epidemic called "corona virus". all other names given to it are not being used here with the general public

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I have a photo from a Costco store in Irvine, CA of people climbing up the shelves trying to get to bags of rice. I can't post photo's still and have no idea how to fix the issue. Mods can you help please?

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mamana12
I have a photo from a Costco store in Irvine, CA of people climbing up the shelves trying to get to bags of rice. I can't post photo's still and have no idea how to fix the issue. Mods can you help please?

open 2 separate threads for ats, windows I guess it is called, use one to upload pictures, use the 1st of 3 that copies , copy it and then just post the copy number. Its quite simple to do. I should do a screen tutorial on how to do it. I'll try to do it soon so follow my threads. I don't know how it works to follow members here though.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I think they could possibly be thinking about some sort of quarantine in CA.

“We do need everyone to start thinking about what actions they can take now so we can be prepared for the possibility of further spread of the virus in our community,” Dr. Cody advised Santa Clara County residents on Friday.
“Start thinking about family preparedness — what you would need to do to stay home for a week or two,” she added. “We understand it may feel overwhelming and difficult to think about possible disruptions to everyday life.”

Talking differently

I think the poop might start hitting the fan really soon.

Making another quick run to the store. Nothing major, just a little top off.

It seems there is another case in Cook County which is Chicago. I dont have the link at the moment.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Maker22

Some patients infected with COVID-19 are currently being treated with a variety of anti-viral drugs, some with a price tag upwards of $1,000 per injection, Mbikay says.

Quercetin, by comparison, would cost just $2 per day.

Bet the US win't be seeing any drugs at that price!

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow
a reply to: Mamana12

See if this helps...

How to post images & embed Youtube videos on ATS

Thank you. I followed your instructions and it seemed to upload the image but it doesn't seem to have worked. My uploaded images section is empty. I have built entire websites from scratch previously and can't get this to work for me.

If anyone can PM me an email address to send it to I'm happy to email it to someone else to upload.
edit on 29-2-2020 by Mamana12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mamana12

Yes yes please post!

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Supermarket shelves are starting to be stripped bare as Americans prepare for coronavirus outbreak

This is a short video of Costco in San Fransisco, getting busy.

People panic shopping at Costco's in Honolulu, Hawaii

This is short video of Costco in Honolulu, also getting busy.

ON THE SCENE IN WASHINGTON

This is short video of Costco in Washington, also getting busy, only makes it to the car park.
edit on 29-2-2020 by kwakakev because: added last video

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 09:07 PM
link   
The South Korean spread of confirmed cases of SARS-CoV-2 infection increased starting on 19 February.

On 19 February, the number of confirmed cases increased by 20. On 20 February, 70[3] new cases were confirmed, giving a total of 104 confirmed cases, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Korea (KCDC). According to Reuters, KCDC attributed the sudden jump to 70 cases linked to "Patient No. 31", who had participated in a gathering in Daegu at the Shincheonji Church of Jesus the Temple of the Tabernacle of the Testimony.[3]

On 20 February, the streets of Daegu were empty in reaction to the Shincheonji outbreak. A resident described the reaction, stating "It's like someone dropped a bomb in the middle of the city. It looks like a zombie apocalypse."[3] The first death was reported[20] in a mental ward of Cheongdo Daenam Hospital in Cheongdo County. According to the mayor of Daegu, the number of suspected cases as of 21 February was 544 among 4,400 examined followers of the church.[21] The hospital was suspected as the source of the present outbreak after it was visited by a woman who became the second fatal case of Korea on that day. The infection spread outside via a funeral ceremony attended by members of the church.[22][23]

All South Korean military bases were on lockdown after tests confirmed that three soldiers were indeed positive for the virus.[22] Airlines cut connections and cultural schedules were being canceled due to fears of further spread.[24][25] United States Forces Korea raised the alert level from low to moderate and cut off non-essential travel to and from USFK Daegu.[26] USFK Daegu's school facilities were closed and non-essential personnel were ordered to stay at home while any visitors going there were not allowed to enter.[26] USFK announced that the widow of a retired soldier who was in Daegu was diagnosed to be positive for the virus on 24 February.[27] Camp Humphreys enacted virus detection protocols, including temperature checks and raised the alert level to high.[28] On 26 February, an American soldier based at Camp Carroll was diagnosed to be positive and was quarantined away from bases via off-base housing unit[29] with contact tracing done that showed his movements to Camp Walker.[30]

As of 22 February, among 9,336 followers of the church, 1,261 reported symptoms.[31] At the time, 169 confirmed cases involved the church and another 111 came from the Cheongdo Daenam Hospital.[32] 23 February saw another 123 cases with 75 being from Shincheonji[33] and 24 February saw 161 additional cases with 129 being from the religious group. Over 27,000 people have been tested for the virus with 19,127 negative results.[34]

On 24 February, 15 countries imposed travel restrictions to and from South Korea.[35] It was also reported that a senior health official overseeing the COVID-19 efforts in Daegu tested positive and was also a member of Shincheonji.[36][37] Within a few days, a petition to the nation's president urging for the disbandment of the church had over 750,000 signatures. Their headquarters in Gwacheon was raided by law enforcement and government officials said all 245,000 members of the religious group would be found and tested.[37]

On 28 February, over 2,000 confirmed cases were reported.[38]

www.businessinsider.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   

More people have died fromCOVID-19 than were killed during the September 11th attacks.

As of the 29th of February 2020 8:49 p.m, 2,978 people have died as a result of COVID-19. The September 11th attacks, which took place in New York City, Washington, DC and outside of Shanksville, Pennsylvania killed a total of 2,977.

link   
state of emergency in wa. state?? really? I live here and am wondering at all this. 1 dead and 50 in hospital, whats this about?
people who have gone nowhere getting this,where is it coming from? and...a state of emergency? does he know something we don't or is he just panicking? a governer calling up national guard to help prevent the spread? spread of what? where is it even coming from? 1 test kit for every state, who do you test? how many carriers can there be, and how do you know who to test? this is all very strange

link   

Hmm, not sure.

You should see these icons to the right side. Click one, the page should refresh for each. See if a thumbnail of your image upload appears.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow

Hmm, not sure.

You should see these icons to the right side. Click one, the page should refresh for each. See if a thumbnail of your image upload appears.

Yeah its just not working for me. Tried in Firefox and Chrome. If any of the mods can send me an email address I'll email the pic to them to upload. Not sure what else to do 🤷🏻‍♀️

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: autopat51
state of emergency in wa. state?? really? I live here and am wondering at all this. 1 dead and 50 in hospital, whats this about?
people who have gone nowhere getting this,where is it coming from? and...a state of emergency? does he know something we don't or is he just panicking? a governer calling up national guard to help prevent the spread? spread of what? where is it even coming from? 1 test kit for every state, who do you test? how many carriers can there be, and how do you know who to test? this is all very strange

It's a move designed to free up budget resources. San Francisco did this a few days back.

Mobilizing the National Guard had nothing to do with this declaration..

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: primalfractal
Coronavirus is 60x more deadly than the flu.

I have said this before. If this flu is widespread, the average person will get a mild to nasty flu.

The average person will also know of at least one individual killed by this virus. =/
edit on 2/29/2020 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: pasiphae
Max Howroute
White small square
@howroute
MSNBC just reported LIVE that the woman who died from #coronavirus in Washington State is in her 30s and Trump’s presser announced she’s in her late 50s. And earlier, WA Governor Inslee said the deceased patient is a male. WTF is going on?

twitter.com...

3 separate deaths, 2 to be confirmed??

This is really weird.

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join