It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 53
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

I see several, though in fairness --most are not related to any viral illnesses.

In this case, the trend that concerns me the most is how people will react if they find out it's in their neighborhood. Secondarily I worry that the government, in general, is so used to keeping us in the dark or flat-out lying that a significant portion of the population won't believe them when/if they tell the truth.

The third is "the truth" in situations like these is constantly changing and most of us aren't cognitively prepared for constant change during the best of times, let alone now.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rich Z

originally posted by: Ektar
a reply to: ketsuko

PS Anyone here in the USA using mask & gloves yet? I have not seen anyone
taking precautions yet in me part of Central VA.

I am only using gloves at the gasoline pumps for the vehicles. I am going to try to keep them all topped off as much as possible.

Haven't seen anyone else using gloves, and only one instance several days ago of a woman using a mask in a local Publix grocery store.

I am not using gloves yet, but I am using hand sanitizer as soon as I am done filling up.

link   
Do we have any updates from the areas where the AFBs that are quarantining the repatriated are? Curious how they’re dealing with this and how it’s going; Travis, Miramar, Lackland, and Ashland National Guard Base. Any word from UNMC?

I’m assuming their NDAs prevent much lip slipping...

It seems US bases worldwide are curtailing servicemen and womens’ “liberty”, or the ability to leave base apparently in Italy, SK, Germany (?)etc.... So I’m curious as to how situations are playing out closer to home.

Godspeed to our soldiers (stateside and across the globe) the quarantined, the medical staff everywhere waging defense against this outbreak and all their families.
edit on 29-2-2020 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

link   

Some more information on corona virus including measures to avoid it that are simple common sense stuff.

He also address comment question including the reinfection possibility and one possible source he can think of that has to do with the different types of antibodies the body produces and how and when it produces them.

He also does a breakdown on the new kind of vaccine that is starting human trials in April and how it works.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: NxNWest

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: NxNWest

Canada will be testing whether or not the Iranian strain really is different enough to matter it seems.

Is this your opinion or do you have a reference source?

My opinion, but since the original case that popped up there had travel from Iran, and all subsequent cases had links to Iran ...

We'll see how it behaves, won't we?

I guess they may have come into contact with a Chinese person who was also traveling through Iran.

Personally, I don't think the virus is that different in Iran; I think it's the conditions on the ground in Iran that are different.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: XCrycek

This thread is about facts.... not your bulls*** links

link   
Update on my cousin

I brought this up in part 3. I have a cousin who went to Japan for some sort of conference. She is a teacher, not sure what kind. I am not close to her.

Anyway I just heard from her mother that she got back in the US yesterday. She is as sick as a dog, but refuses to go to the hospital or doctors. Her mother urged her to go, saying if it was Corona that she did not want to spread it in the school. So far she is refusing.

Lucky for me, she is in Florida, and I am in NY. I have not seen her in years, hopefully she does not plan to come up this way to visit her parents any time soon.

link   
a reply to: XCrycek

I agree, the source is not trustworthy and the news is unsubstantiated. As to the rest, I'm a lapsed Catholic and I consider Francis to be an antipope at best. Absolutely dislike the guy and see him as a bane to the Church. That said, I wish him a speedy recovery from whatever he's suffering from.

link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

I definitely see the trend. I keep hoping I'm just being kinda nutty but every time I convince myself I'm overthinking it.... it turns out I wasn't. I did NOT feel good about my husbands part pleasure (to see a good friend) and part business trip to Seattle. Sure enough it's now a hot spot and Washington declared an Emergency. He doesn't fly back until Tuesday and he'll have been in multiple restaurants, a hotel, a conference (unless it's canceled tomorrow morning) and airplanes and airports. I might want him to sleep in his car for the next few weeks!

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: pasiphae

Area? Cant find it. Im in FL. Maybe even a description of her picture

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: pasiphae

This is in a Facebook post so I feel weird about putting a direct link here but her name is Tracy Weiss and her posts are public.

I found her. This seems to be a blatant case of keeping the numbers artificially low. "You can't test positive for the virus if we don;t test you.". These kinds of government tactics annoy the heck out of me.

I'm glad that her fever broke and she's doing better. Also glad that she's posting this stuff. Nice to have some realtime updates.
Good post! Thank you for that!

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying
Update on my cousin

I brought this up in part 3. I have a cousin who went to Japan for some sort of conference. She is a teacher, not sure what kind. I am not close to her.

Anyway I just heard from her mother that she got back in the US yesterday. She is as sick as a dog, but refuses to go to the hospital or doctors. Her mother urged her to go, saying if it was Corona that she did not want to spread it in the school. So far she is refusing.

Lucky for me, she is in Florida, and I am in NY. I have not seen her in years, hopefully she does not plan to come up this way to visit her parents any time soon.

What part of FL, if you dont mind answering

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying

She should call ahead, not just show up.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ragiusnotiel

Update on my cousin

What part of FL, if you dont mind answering

I am actually not sure. I think somewhere between Tampa and Lakeland. At least that is where she was years ago, but I am not sure now. I can ask my mother tonight and see if she knows.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Update on my cousin

If she's sick as a dog.... it seems there weren't any check points at the airports? Unless she got sick really fast right after getting here. I hope... she gets better but if she has it she's spreading it around and that's pretty irresponsible. I'd like to know what her reasoning for not going is.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01
Oh boy, the news sure has heated up a bit.

Does anybody see a trend?

I do really see...the time you took writing that small text each 3 seconds a child died due famine in Somalia & SouthSudan, every 90 seconds a child has died in Yemen war, in the next hour 50 children will die of malaria in western africa, 1200 will die tomorrow just due malaria, and when you wake up Monday morning another 24.700 already passed away due to famine and related diseases in Africa and Indian subcontinent...
Last 2009 Pandemic Flu costed around 200 Million Infected and almost 400.000 deaths...no, im not talking about the seasonal flu, i have my parents on the age that some people says "dont worry, they are old", i wont be hypocrite to not say that im not concerned with them, but of course i also cannot hidden the very own feeling that now in 2020 we are simply ignoring all the rest of the planet and the rest of the past.
I really hope that no one here can see with their own eyes kids die in their own hands, maybe dozens on a daily baisis, with only their skin and bones, with flies buzzing around...and that WE dont give a damn...
Being a pilot myself couple of years on behalf on WFP, UNHCR and similar, wont forget that, and that makes us different for the rest of our days, believe me, the way to face death, diseases, everything in life...sorry, but people are being simply selfish in our pseudo modernised world.
I do really care about this Covid thing, i do really express feelings for those who suffering and i respect those who fear it, cause fear belongs to the human being, and im not donwplaying it, but once again i still think that some people are simply exagerating and overreacting, mainly tanx to silly MSM, Internet hoaxes and so on....Peace and Health to all, AD
edit on 29-2-2020 by AngelsDecay because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-2-2020 by AngelsDecay because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: MrRCflying

She should call ahead, not just show up.

Yup, I agree. She needs to do something though. I guess she is trying to say it is all allergies, but not from the sounds of it.

It is third hand info through my mother, but from what my mother heard, she is very sick. Then again, my mother has been known to exaggerate. LOL

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wizzz0001

This is in a Facebook post so I feel weird about putting a direct link here but her name is Tracy Weiss and her posts are public.

I found her. This seems to be a blatant case of keeping the numbers artificially low. "You can't test positive for the virus if we don;t test you.". These kinds of government tactics annoy the heck out of me.

I'm glad that her fever broke and she's doing better. Also glad that she's posting this stuff. Nice to have some realtime updates.
Good post! Thank you for that!

You're welcome! It's so disturbing to me that the DoH wouldn't test her after she tested negative for a list of other viruses. How do you sleep at night knowing you might be letting an outbreak get started?

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Update on my cousin

If she's sick as a dog.... it seems there weren't any check points at the airports? Unless she got sick really fast right after getting here. I hope... she gets better but if she has it she's spreading it around and that's pretty irresponsible. I'd like to know what her reasoning for not going is.

Self important, vegan, ultra liberal teacher who is married but decided they did not want kids, and have ferrets instead. Partly why I don't have much contact with her.

Not sure on the checkpoints, I did not get any information on that.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ragiusnotiel

She's got blondish hair and seems to be wearing a blue scarf around her neck. She didn't come up in the list of names when I typed her name in but down below names when you search there are comments and she shows up there (on a desktop). She's in Miami but it doesn't list that on her profile

<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join