It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asgaard
Especially as Europe is now starting to explode.

Sorry my friend, but your definition of "explosion" its light years away from the common sense & reality ...
edit on 29-2-2020 by AngelsDecay because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: celltypespecific

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: celltypespecific

Is there a list of all the known deaths with their ages?

Not to my knowledge.

Is there a list of all the deaths with their ages?
Here is one from february the 12th-the most at risk group seems to be the 50-59 age group at that time

www.statista.com...
edit on 29/2/2020 by Silcone Synapse because: extra words

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: carewemust
So why aren't we seeing the parades and the back slapping, trump would love to stoke his ego on this, can you explain that...

Because the people who recognize that there is no reason to panic right now, also realize that things could get ugly. We just don't know.

Yes I agree, what I posted was in response to carewemust spamming threads with nothing to see here move along.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: RMFX1

originally posted by: clay2 baraka
Here you have it:

The Vatican has confirmed in a statement that Pope Francis and two of his aides have tested positive for the novel Coronavirus.

Pope Francis missed a planned Mass with clergy in Rome yesterday after showing Coronavirus-like symptoms.

The Vatican had earlier said the pontiff, 83, had a slight indisposition and could proceed with the rest of his planned work today.

The pope and his aides have been quarantined and receiving medical attention near Santa Marta, the Vatican hotel where he lives.

The pope was seen coughing and blowing his nose during the Asha Wednesday Mass.

mcmnt.com...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mcmnt.com...

What do you mean OMG? He's just a guy. He's nothing important, he sits in front of a sculpture that looks like it was raised from the depths of hell (if you believe in such nonsense) while proclaiming to represent the opposite. His position, nor that of any of his predecessors is never even mention in any of the scriptures. He's just a man, a con man. Couldn't happen to a better man.

I DONT BELIEVE THE POPE HAS CORONAVIRUS..... I would lose my mind if he does....

Lets wait for confirmation.

Why would you lose your mind?

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamster
combine "everyone would eventually be exposed" with death rate of this virus. can you really expect people not to panic?

From cars.com:
"“Motor vehicle traffic” deaths in the U.S. in 2013, the most recent full year of data available, totaled 33,804, for a death rate of 10.7 per 100,000, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Considering deaths in the U.S. that year totaled slightly less than 2.6 million, the individual American driver’s odds of dying as a result of an injury sustained in an automobile crash (which include pedestrians, bicyclists and motorcyclists involved in car crashes) come out to about 1 in 77 — making it one of the highest-probability causes of death tracked by the CDC."

This is about 1.5%.

Current estimates show that 0-9 yr olds have less than 0.01% risk of death, 10-39 yr olds 0.2%, 40-49 is 0.4%, 50-59 is 1.3%, 60-69 is 3.6% - then it starts getting worse - 70-79 is 8%, and 80+ is 14.8%...

So, I'm at greater risk of dying in a car crash than I am of this virus.

Does that mean I won't take precautions? No. And I especially will make sure my parents (both over 80) are aware and informed, and they are already planning on limiting their exposure to anyone on the outside as much as possible - but they are not going to bunker down (even though they could, they're preppers from the 80s, still eating food they bought for Y2K).

But it does mean I'm not panicking over it.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   
When people say only the old or people with underlying health conditions are at risk, they are often using it to downplay the seriousness of this novel virus. I find this disturbing on many levels, but even if they are making out this number to be insignificant in size alone; lets have a look at this:

A 60 year old dies, and someone will say, well they were old. Even 65 isn't that old, but lets say over 65 is old for arguments sake, and lets use the US as an example:

About 55.3 million Americans are over the age of 65 (ref 1)

That's already a lot, but lets look at everyone under 65:

The prevalence of cancer in the US is around 7.6-12 million people for those under the age of 65. Undiagnosed could be double this (refs 2,3,4)

Around 20 million people, under the age of 65, have diabetes in the US (ref 5)

There's also pregnant women, heart disease, many other conditions that can make you vulnerable. Any one of those groups above contains very large numbers. They are all at higher risk.

Refs
1) www.statista.com...
2) www.researchgate.net...
3) seer.cancer.gov...
4) ecancer.org...
5) www.diabetes.org...

edit on 29-2-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: typo

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Not assuming anything, only asked a question. It just seemed strange
that other counties were testing all these people & we had a botched test.
I am glad to see that the issue has been fixed.
Cheers
Ektar

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Second case of coronavirus in Brazil is confirmed in São Paulo

Ministry of Health reported that he was notified by the São Paulo Health Department, a patient was in Italy.

link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka
There is no other news for this yet and that website didn't even post or link to the Vatican's statement?
I had a look online for it - nothing yet?

link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
There went any meaningful content from China anymore...

Turns out it's not that Internet in #China will be shut down on Mar 1, but the strictest internet info control will take effect. Anything can become "illegal" including making "improper comments on natural disasters and big events". Anyone creating & copying contents is...

Jennifer Zeng Twitter

So CCP can say whatever the hell they want about the virus and we may not ever know different.

My wife had a big fight with her mother about it today, her poor mother is so brainwashed that she thinks there’s zero new cases in her city when every hospital is full and turning patients away.

It is so difficult for people in "free" countries to begin to understand the level of control the CCP has on its people. Whether through propaganda, the great firewall, or fear, it is so sad. I think it is just so unbelievable for people that they just can't comprehend it being possible..

Hopefully she can get through to her and at least get her to see through the lies.

If nothing else, the rest of the world will begin to break its dependency on being bedfellows with the CCP as a result of this. Keep posting updates Spartan. People will be shocked when the truth unfolds there. First they have to understand what level of evil and influence it has.

I will not speculate what is going on there now, but I do know what they are already capable of and have done in other circumstances. Too bad this kind of situation is what it takes to crack the armor for most people.

--Falun Dafa Hao.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngelsDecay
Sorry my friend, but your definition of "explosion" its light years away from the common sense & reality ...

Tell that to Italy and surrounding countries, which are picking up steam aswell. Remember waves, my friend?

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: solarone
a reply to: GlobalGold

I've been worried about my dog. He's come down with something, hacking cough, vomiting and off his food.

Visit to the vet if he's still the same next week.

Check and make sure it's not a tick.

I've done that my friend, we check him regularly for fleas and ticks.

He came down with this thing quite suddenly. Being in a known coronavirus area has made me super cautious and perhaps naturally a little paranoid.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Mamana12

I wonder how much any of them actually thought rationally before they made their lists up to know what they needed, what they would use, how much, for how long, etc.? How many are just randomly grabbing large amounts of whatever.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

And there were a video clip of pope cherishing kids on the crowd when he was already sick !
L ink

link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
We now know of 4 life spans of it.

-sigh-

No. We don't. We have rumors. We have conspiracy theories (hey, I like conspiracy theories - until someone tries to claim them as 100% proven fact).

It is an interesting theory, but that is all it is at this time.

link   

originally posted by: solarone
a reply to: GlobalGold

I've been worried about my dog. He's come down with something, hacking cough, vomiting and off his food.

Visit to the vet if he's still the same next week.

So sorry to hear 🥺
Get him to the vet ASAP if you can, emergency vet of you have to 🤞🏻
edit on 29-2-2020 by FinallyAwake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Perspective...

If the USA population is 330,357,671, and 80% of people get the virus and only 1% die (average across all ages) from it, then it equates to:

2,642,861 deaths

In 2017, the USA had 2,813,503 deaths total.

edit on 29-2-2020 by ShortBus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oppenheimer67
When people say only the old or people with underlying health conditions are at risk, they are often using it to downplay the seriousness of this novel virus. I find this disturbing on many levels, but even if they are making out this number to be insignificant in size alone; lets have a look at this:

A 60 year old dies, and someone will say, well they were old. Even 65 isn't that old, but lets say over 65 is old for arguments sake, and lets use the US as an example:

About 55.3 million Americans are over the age of 65 (ref 1)

That's already a lot, but lets look at everyone under 65:

The prevalence of cancer in the US is around 7.6-12 million people for those under the age of 65. Undiagnosed could be double this (refs 2,3,4)

Around 20 million people, under the age of 65, have diabetes in the US (ref 5)

There's also pregnant women, heart disease, many other conditions that can make you vulnerable. Any one of those groups above contains very large numbers. They are all at higher risk.

Refs
1) www.statista.com...
2) www.researchgate.net...
3) seer.cancer.gov...
4) ecancer.org...
5) www.diabetes.org...

Forgot to add asthma...

21.7 million in the US, under the age of 65, have asthma.
www.cdc.gov...
edit on 29-2-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: typo

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: solarone

I guess a visit to the vet it is then, I hope he's ok.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Mamana12

I wonder how much any of them actually thought rationally before they made their lists up to know what they needed, what they would use, how much, for how long, etc.? How many are just randomly grabbing large amounts of whatever.

Very few of them based on the reports. Everyone talked of people buying water and toilet paper. Not a single person mentioned people buying up food. I'm sure they were buying food as well but the amount of water and toilet paper being bought up is what got peoples attention so I would assume there weren't people with carts full of rice otherwise they would have noticed and mentioned it too.

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join