It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

This statement was posted by a member here ameridoc...

if it were truly a nothing burger or whatever they want to call it, they would be showing off their state of the art treatment protocols, interviewing survivors, having huge displays, touring hospitals and celebrating heroes of the nation. 

What's your take on this position?

I would love to believe this is a nothing burger and I was pretty skeptical until recently, I don't really know what to believe other than were not getting the truth...

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I would love to believe this is a nothing burger and I was pretty skeptical until recently, I don't really know what to believe other than were not getting the truth...

You're in the perfect forum for voicing such a strong disbelief, without evidence.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Please people. Half of us are pretty hard on one political side, half hard to the other. Not so many in between.

It has been sooo nice that people have been discarding the political BS and focusing on the problem, the information we need to understand the problem, and theorizing what information is being withheld from us.

Can we please keep the politics out of this, and keep it like to old ATS that I used to love participating in?

EDIT: Had to add that lately I have been "starring" al lot of people that I absolutely despised when lurking a few month ago, because they are providing really good information here, and I have gained a lot of respect for them. And, I find myself having a much lesser opinion of some people I really respected in the political forums.

Its real now. Lets work together. There are really smart people on of both political bends. Focus.
edit on 28-2-2020 by Oleman because: Frustration

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

So why aren't we seeing the parades and the back slapping, trump would love to stoke his ego on this, can you explain that...

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
A word of caution again. Actually I'm learning a lot that goes on TV daily news.

1. toothbrushes now should be keep in separating holding cases (kind of like the ones you buy for camping) Keep each child's separately and all family members too.

I know that doesn't sound like much, but if it goes on TV , its got to have a reason.

Especially with young children, watch that they only use their toothbrush and run them ( the toothbrushes not the kids) through the dishwasher. My daughter keeps 3 for each child with 2 always in the dishwasher.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Please stop believing in anything they say on every MSM source. Please free yourself.

But they are telling people not to panic and it is all under control. They even had the surgeon general (I believe thats who it was) telling people that they don't need to buy extra food. From the clips I have seen people post, for the most part they are downplaying the events.

I dont watch the news, As a matter of fact the presidential address was the first time I put on the news in months. I turned it off after Pence talked.

Like I said above, if it wasn't a big deal then why did China lock down so many people and wreck their economy and lose world faith in the production sector? Why did Italy and South Korea, and now Japan enact strict rules and guidelines to try to quell the spread? Why is the world markets in turmoil just because of some overblown story?

In my opinion, and this is my opinion only, some people are so caught up in partisan politics that they can't even see the sunshine and smell the Rose's anymore. It seems that some people are so focused on laying the blame on the other person or party that they no longer have the ability to take a step back and look amd judge for themselves the severity of any, situation at hand, and because of this the blindness is so obvious that it is just absurd.

I am not necessarily talking of you Muzzle. Just what I am seeing myself of various people in my everyday life and here on ATS.

I am only seeking for the info that I can use to ensure that my family will be the safest we can be and try to discern from the misinformation and misguided political driven minds of brainwashed American politics.
edit on 29-2-2020 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka

originally posted by: clay2 baraka
I'm off to the store to buy hand sanitizer while I can. Just had a conversation with a Nurse in N. California in a county adjacent to where they are reporting community spread of the virus. Apparently he knew about the Oregon case in my community, but wasn't allowed to disclose it until the news made public.

He told me to buy "hand sanitizer and a 2 week supply of food.. NOW."

Well..

I just got home. Hand sanitizer is gone.. everywhere. I ended up buying 99% rubbing alcohol and a big jug of aloe vera to mix it with. Glycerin is also a good idea to add (makes it slippery). I saw a few bottles of kids bubble fluid and was tempted to add that in, but its unnecessary.

So yeah,

I read (Maybe back in part 2 or 3) where 90% alcohol does not work because it evaporates too quickly.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

bnonews.com...

There are currently 85,189 confirmed cases worldwide, including 2,924 fatalities.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Oleman

I’m not an expert or even erudite at all in etiology.
But I’ve learned more here than I have in almost my whole life about “this virus and its sociological implications.”

Maybe more than I’d like.

Still haven’t seen the part where viruses can vote....

edit on 29-2-2020 by slatesteam because: Pho Cough

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
Two months ago it was apparent that everyone would eventually be exposed. You cannot contain a virus like this (causing cold symptoms). It spreads too fast. This was proof of quarantine failure, overreacting, propaganda spreading fear unnecessarily, failure of people to act rationally or do diligent research into science, etc.

What a magnificent pile of crap this debacle was. Utter bs at every step.

Sigh....

combine "everyone would eventually be exposed" with death rate of this virus. can you really expect people not to panic?

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 12:15 AM
link   
originally posted by: carewemust

Lots of Winter flu up there. Hopefully they will recover quickly, even though it's not a cutting-edge healthcare system.

originally posted by: NxNWest

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: NxNWest
Canada has it’s 16th case...

www.cbc.ca...

Lots of Winter flu up there. Hopefully they will recover quickly, even though it's not a cutting-edge healthcare system.

Winter flu? These are confirmed Covid-19 cases.

Also, I don’t know what you mean by it’s not a cutting-edge health care system in Canada. We do pretty well.

Also
Grandson just got out off a 7 hr spinal corrective surgery with two doctor operating
and this will not bankrupt our family both parent have to take work leave for 2 month after
he out off hospital.
edit on 29-2-2020 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Iv'e noticed through following and occasionally contributing to the thread
MODS reminding us to keep to the topic
If i could be so bold
i believe general chatting to be very on-topic
We have become apart if not THE Corona virus updates
personal stories do belong
most of us will be apart of the story, literally
It's only natural in times of crises for people to come together for the sharing of ideas
stress management
it's good for our immune system!

www.scientificamerican.com...
edit on 29-2-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 12:25 AM
link   

BJC HealthCare announced Friday evening that a patient tested in the Metro East for coronavirus did not have the virus.
In a statement BJC HealthCare, which runs Belleville Memorial Hospital, said St. Clair County Health Department confirmed that there are no new cases of COVID-19 in Illinois.
Officials at the 

negative

Well at least we have that going for us. The test was negative.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 12:38 AM
link   
This is the current arrivals board at Sydney Airport (SYD)

SYD Arrivals

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 12:39 AM
link   

A survey shows that 38% of Americans wouldn't buy Corona beer "under any circumstances" because of the novel coronavirus outbreak, and another 14% said they wouldn't order a Corona in public.

sacramento.cbslocal.com...

“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

― George Carlin

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 12:45 AM
link   
3rd case in Washington State... no known contact with other infected...

Twitter

Check your TDS at the door in this thread please.

This is directed at one person in particular.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: FamCore

Right now, the US is fine, but if you paid attention, they also told you to prepare.

As far as not stocking up, if everyone hits the stores like they did in Italy it causes problems. People need to avoid French Toast Alert levels of surge shopping so that everyone can get the most they can get without some people getting everything and too many being left without.

We want to keep the US fine for as long as possible to give you time to buy what you need in smaller increments that the stores can handle so the more people can be ready if needed.

I know everyone has the attitude of eff 'em, but more prepared people are less people coming out to try to take what anyone else has because they're desperate.

The wife and I went to the local Publix grocery store in SE Tallahassee today (Friday). Everything looked normal there. Shelves are all stocked up. Plenty of canned goods, large bags of rice, noodles, etc. No one looked panicky, and no one wearing masks or gloves. This coronavirus could be on another planet entirely.

People would be pretty upset to find that Tallahassee has a number of suspected and/or quarantined cases and no one has told us about it.

There are so many things that could really go sideways in all this.

IMHO.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 01:02 AM
link   
And the ineptitude continues;

Australia announces Iran travel ban amid COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak

This should have been done when it was patently obvious that Iran was in trouble a week ago......honestly you couldn't make this stuff up.

edit on 29 2 2020 by myselfaswell because: bla bla diddly diddly bla

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Two of the four patients quarantined in a Spokane, Washington family have been sent home! Unfortunately, two more people have been confirmed to have the virus; a high school student without any known exposure, and a 50 y/o woman who had recently returned from S.Korea. Both are being quarantined at home.
edit on 600000011America/Chicago291 by nugget1 because: spelling

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: UFO1414
a reply to: ketsuko

I have never, ever refrigerated peanut butter. It never seemed to spoil to me. Am I doing something wrong?

Peanut butter is actually pretty odd stuff. I have NEVER seen it get moldy. Ever. I've had jars of it that I would use to bait live traps to catch varmints around here, and those jars would sit in the back room for years after being opened. Doesn't keep it's characteristic peanut odor after a couple of years, but the varmints will still eat it.

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join