It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: hiddenNZ

Yeah right, I haven't been to the supermarket for a few days now, it will be interesting to see how stocks are going.

Everyone was talking about it yesterday people are certainly spooked.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I didn't post an article as proof of anything. Not really sure if you're referring to me here

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Beltalowda
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I didn't post an article as proof of anything. Not really sure if you're referring to me here

Not you, carewemust.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 11:19 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Two months ago it was apparent that everyone would eventually be exposed. You cannot contain a virus like this (causing cold symptoms). It spreads too fast. This was proof of quarantine failure, overreacting, propaganda spreading fear unnecessarily, failure of people to act rationally or do diligent research into science, etc.

What a magnificent pile of crap this debacle was. Utter bs at every step.

Sigh....
edit on 2/28/2020 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: litterbaux

That will smith and Kevin Kline movie song comes to my mind.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I have a few serious questions to ask. I am really curious about.

I can understand the angle of the media trying to instill panic and make the president look bad.

What I do not understand is the foreign media and markets angle. They actually trade hours before the American markets open. They actually go down before our markets do. Such as monday morning.

If it is not such a big deal and it is all over blown. Why is the foreign media and markets also getting spooked and going down? Why are foreign governments shutting places down and quarantining people? If it is only as bad as the flu, why are military bases locking down because of a flu. Have they not dealt with the flu before?

Is this a planet wide conspiracy to take out Donald Trump?

I am trying to leave my opinion of the partisan politics out of this response because I am sincere in my questions and would like some sincere answers.

If this is all overblown, who has the most to gain, and who has the most to lose.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Attention!!!!

All quotes from other websites and screenshots from places like Twitter need sources, or they may be removed.

This thread is not exempt from ATS copyright rules.

Do NOT reply to this post.

edit on Fri Feb 28 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I chalk it up to poor administration.

A wise choice would have been to merely inform the public a new strain of the cold was on the loose, and to treat it like a cold or flu, basic stuff like get rest, drink water, have a spoon of honey.

Nothing too far out of the ordinary.

This fake news sensationalism is a true threat to our very existence. The economy is our lifeline, irrational behavior like this makes no sense because it becomes the problem - a self fulfilling prophecy.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Reminder......
This thread is for Corona Virus UPDATES!!!!!!
...not chit chat, political trolling, bigoted comments, ill-mannered remarks toward members or arguing....

Diseases and Pandemics:: Medical Disclaimer
This thread is NOT for discussion of alternative medical treatment of illnesses!!!

Members who continue to disrupt will face temporary posting bans. ATS will not allow the few to ruin it for everyone.

Go after the ball not the player.

Community Announcement re: Decorum

Terms And Conditions Of Use

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

edit on Fri Feb 28 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Ok Stupid question Time,

Alcohol based fluids are being used to disinfect hands, buildings and the like from the Convid-19.

Will straight food grade alcohol do the same? i.e. virus on a surface spill vodka on it and its dead.

If the virus is in the lungs can we get atomized alcohol into the lungs? Yes we can it called Vapshot or AlcoholMIST,

Will it do the same job as an alcohol wipe are is it totally different?

Just seeing a surface in the body the same as a surface outside. Know it's not that simple.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka
I'm off to the store to buy hand sanitizer while I can. Just had a conversation with a Nurse in N. California in a county adjacent to where they are reporting community spread of the virus. Apparently he knew about the Oregon case in my community, but wasn't allowed to disclose it until the news made public.

He told me to buy "hand sanitizer and a 2 week supply of food.. NOW."

Well..

I just got home. Hand sanitizer is gone.. everywhere. I ended up buying 99% rubbing alcohol and a big jug of aloe vera to mix it with. Glycerin is also a good idea to add (makes it slippery). I saw a few bottles of kids bubble fluid and was tempted to add that in, but its unnecessary.

So yeah,

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The true zombie apocalypse will be hordes of ppl who believe in some new MSM spin garbage.

I very rarely feel the need to say this but wake up, the media = hypnosis by scientific design. All the documents are there admitting it in the open, they spent a century studying how to manipulate and brainwash us.

Every time you believe anything on major media you are officially zombified. The walking and talking dead. A threat to all things holy, lol.

Please stop believing in anything they say on every MSM source. Please free yourself.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: puzzled2

Pretty sure the bronchial tubes and aevioli (sp) are too small too allow for that? Not a bad idea on the surface...

But if your lungs were already becoming desecrated, that sounds like the cure being worse than the disease. I can’t imagine your breathing apparatus (lungs) enjoying being doused in atomized alcohol either. Seems there might be an issue there. But. I’m no Dr.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

What a magnificent pile of crap this debacle was. Utter bs at every step.

I noticed you used the word was. Do you believe it is over?

I am curious as to why it is no big deal if there is directly a possibility that our healthcare facilities will be overwhelmed. It seems like a pretty big deal with how fast this is spreading and the amount of cases that require medical attention have the ability to completely inundate the hospitals and clinics.

I feel like we are in the calming stages here again. I noticed there are panic and fear stages and calming stages. The tone seems to change on the weekends when less people are working and are safely at home. Just an observation I have been making throughout the weeks of this debacle.

Right when I feel that things seem to be better, we hear chatter or news of the contrary.

It is interesting times and I believe we are possibly on the cusp of a world changing event and the people of power and "sanity" are doing everything they can to buy time to hopefully (and I should put emphasis on hopefully) slow down the spread and panic.

If ng it isn't such a big deal, then why are medical professionals of all nations treating this like it is the bubonic plague and don't even want it in the clinics? This is a known fact.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to:

My understanding is that ethyl alcohol (booze) needs to be at least 70% to be effective at killing virii. That would be 140 proof. So, with moonshine or 151 Rum, you should be good to go.

Also: wiki Benzalkonium chloride and chlorine dioxide. (for disinfecting surfaces)
edit on 28-2-2020 by Oleman because: wrong post referenced

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
a reply to: clay2 baraka

I am headed to Costco for a final supply run tomorrow, per my wife, she works for dr.’s One of them has a friend who works for a infectious disease office or something, she didn’t say what he told him, but it is her idea to buy dry food, hell she even made room, in one of our spare rooms to store it in. Also I took her out to dinner tonight, restaurant was relatively empty waitress said they were packed last Friday night. Also I ease dropped on conversation heard trump, market, and allot about the corona virus. I live in a retirement city in FLA.

I noticed when I was out tonight that many looking around for sanitation supplies worked at hospitals.
That was really telling..

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

What if I believe most everything in these threads? All these people way smarter than myself urging caution and concern. Propped by their links, graphs, first-hand accounts and subtle speculation...stating facts in a calm yet warning manner?

What then?

Edit: I’ve been here 2 months now, what makes you think the MSM spin has me spun....?

Tell y’all what, it ain’t MSM that’s got me trying to quit smoking...

edit on 29-2-2020 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-2-2020 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: puzzled2 RE: atomized alcohol

That is known as a "Brandy Snifter," and is the why for cognac or VSOP/VX.

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join