It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 333
<< 330  331  332    334  335  336 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I can't believe the UK is still letting people back in from Spain with NO advised self quarantine.

It's like they haven't been watching the rest of the world 😒

Eta - it is The Sun Sooooo....

s.amsu.ng...

www.thesun.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: FinallyAwake

Yep. Dragging their heels on this issue for some reason.

By Monday I'm expecting the Government to announce the same measures as Italy... well hoping they announce the same measures as Italy have because what's the point waiting for 2 weeks???

Seriously time to ban all mass gatherings of people, stop all flights in and out and close schools and workplaces apart from the essential workplaces like chemists and supermarkets! Maybe have sports still but behind closed doors!

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Funny Story
Woman at local store in Southwest Michigan with 2 large packages of toilet paper. One for her and she's going to ship one to her daughter in Montana because she can't get any.

Whats going on in Montana?????

Southwest Michigan lots of TP and hand sanitizer.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Also at work we have an Emergency Message Text system generally used for weather or road issues. Going to test it at 8:15 this morning and 2:15 this afternoon. Not unheard of but the timing

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I just got this , but I need to know what level 3 is:

[email protected]

1:57 PM (5 hours ago)

to

Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Tokyo (March 12, 2020)

The Department of State advises U.S. citizens to reconsider travel abroad due to the global impact of COVID-19. Many areas throughout the world are now experiencing COVID-19 outbreaks and taking action that may limit traveler mobility, including quarantines and border restrictions. Even countries, jurisdictions, or areas where cases have not been reported may restrict travel without notice.

For the latest information regarding COVID-19, please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) website.
edit on 0300000035442020-03-12T05:44:35-05:00443503am5 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 05:45 AM
link   

STopping flights should have been done already.

India have done it and their numbers are very low compared to the UK. USA have now done it. Italy have done it so why is our Government delaying doing it? Can't they see what's happened elsewhere?? Yes, it is here and spreading but it can spread less if the Government act now.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

STopping flights should have been done already.

India have done it and their numbers are very low compared to the UK. USA have now done it. Italy have done it so why is our Government delaying doing it? Can't they see what's happened elsewhere?? Yes, it is here and spreading but it can spread less if the Government act now.

too much salt in their fish and chips

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Remarkable measures in Belgium since this morning:
Everyone with even the slightest symptoms of flu or common cold must call their doctors office and stay home for 7 days. If after 7 days the symptoms are gone they can go back to work, otherwise call the doctor again for an evaluation.

Virologists warn about a 'Viral Tsunami' that is about to hit us very hard, urging everyone to prepare. They don't want anyone who is sick with whatever illness outside. Uni's and Colleges are closed and giving only online classes. All mass events are canceled. This includes the Sunday mass in church and Friday prayer in Mosques.

What this means is that from tomorrow on, no one is going to go to work and the social collapse will begin here as well.

I have the sniffles just like everyone in my house, I feel fit to work and I doubt that I have the virus... my boss is already like "nah, we're not sick! we should work!". Waiting for more clear government orders later today.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 06:11 AM
link   
First look at what is going on this morning. Not sure what all is going on in other countries, but a lot seemed to go down just last night here in the US.

Restricted travel from Europe
NBA shuts down season
Tom Hanks and wife positive
Colleges and Universities closing all over US
Retirement homes locking down all over US
Cancellations of major events
Dem rallies canceled
Up to 1330 cases confirmed
38 confirmed deaths
Dr. Fauci saying millions could die if we don't act now
Not enough and problematic testing

Is there anyone here that is still holding on to the "mild flu" theory?

My oldest son said that a couple of kids were talking about it in class. Teacher got angry and told them she was tired of hearing about it, and the next one that mentioned it, would be removed from class. Fingers in ears.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Killer coronavirus can survive in the air for THREE HOURS and on plastic and steel surfaces for up to three days, scientists reveal

www.dailymail.co.uk...

The killer coronavirus rapidly spreading around the world can survive in the air for three hours, scientists have found. US government researchers, who worked with other experts, also found the deadly infection can live on surfaces for up to three days. Tests showed the virus can survive on copper for four hours, cardboard for an entire day and up to 72 hours on plastic and steel. The study comes after the World Health Organization last night finally declared the escalating global outbreak as a pandemic

So, the virus once air born can survive for upto 3 hours. That's plenty of time to infect thousands traveling on Londons underground.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: KindraLaBelle
Remarkable measures in Belgium since this morning:
Everyone with even the slightest symptoms of flu or common cold must call their doctors office and stay home for 7 days. If after 7 days the symptoms are gone they can go back to work, otherwise call the doctor again for an evaluation.

Virologists warn about a 'Viral Tsunami' that is about to hit us very hard, urging everyone to prepare. They don't want anyone who is sick with whatever illness outside. Uni's and Colleges are closed and giving only online classes. All mass events are canceled. This includes the Sunday mass in church and Friday prayer in Mosques.

What this means is that from tomorrow on, no one is going to go to work and the social collapse will begin here as well.

I have the sniffles just like everyone in my house, I feel fit to work and I doubt that I have the virus... my boss is already like "nah, we're not sick! we should work!". Waiting for more clear government orders later today.

in tokyo with 14 million people, we have to live now by our wits, not the direction of the govt. of "don't panic".

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Wow, bitcoin just went off a cliff. Something's happening.

edit to add link:
cryptowat.ch...

it had already been dropping with all markets, but this latest drop is different.
edit on 12-3-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: added detail

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 06:23 AM
link   
the real fact now is:

as you heard it:

look Japan is like China in many ways only 2hours difference

if you want to really see and hear

listen to the Japanese (also what I've posted )

America has a terrible problem with the homeless

Homeless may cause the real problem of major cities

Look to your wits now that will guide you upon your survival of the morning sunrise

the farmers here are the words of the past in their books of experience ( the life of hardship)

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I don't think we really need to listen or watch to Japan to learn now.. Europe, the UK, USA etc have raced ahead of you after not paying attention to how other governments were reacting. Maybe the West think they're untouchable.. We are being proven otherwise now. Too late to learn from you guys!

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 06:37 AM
link   
So get to work and ask what shift the infected person worked and we're they working at drill.

Get told that's confidential, yea uh huh so your not going to warm people who have family with underlying conditions.

If they didn't work this weekend then you can clear the majority of the reserve unit, from the list of possibly exposed.

They also still don't have a plan for us civil service folks, so irritated at the lack of planning.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Honestly Japan has held out for a good long time with nothing major happening. I'm kind of surprised it's not a lot worse there.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: BowBells

I don't think we really need to listen or watch to Japan to learn now.. Europe, the UK, USA etc have raced ahead of you after not paying attention to how other governments were reacting. Maybe the West think they're untouchable.. We are being proven otherwise now. Too late to learn from you guys!

so i guess you have bought the seeds to plant for this springs planting season

really not sure what your post meant though

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Japan claim clean with us here, it was a bit late, but did Trump come clean with you today, NO, he didn't.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 06:46 AM
link   

I'm not sure what a lot of your posts mean! All I meant was you keep going on about listening to Japan and doing as they do and how bad it is there, but you guys seem to be holding out well.. the japanese culture seems to have slowed the virus right down. Its too late for our governments to listen to you now, they should have listened a few weeks back. That's all.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
So get to work and ask what shift the infected person worked and we're they working at drill.

Get told that's confidential, yea uh huh so your not going to warm people who have family with underlying conditions.

If they didn't work this weekend then you can clear the majority of the reserve unit, from the list of possibly exposed.

They also still don't have a plan for us civil service folks, so irritated at the lack of planning.

At some point the realisation may come that the leadership is inept and has no plan to move forward.

<< 330  331  332    334  335  336 >>

join