It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 331
<< 328  329  330    332  333  334 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

can survive in the air for several hours.

I read that article too. Under laboratory conditions, many things are possible. But in the real world, I cant see this as happening.

For instance: if CV19 floated in the air for hours AND infected people, given what we know about the lack of control on the cruise ship, everyone would have been infected.

Another, the 4 hour bus trip: would have been EVERYONE, not just the scattered few in a strange pattern. The person next to the "zero" did not catch it. (Afterthought, maybe they all did catch it, but 80% got undetectable cases???)

Although you mentioned "two strains," that could account for the Wuhan weirdness we were discussing in Part 2 where sometimes one person in a family got a mild case, in others the whole extended family died in a space of a few days.

I still think the data shows that you have to have close contact, the equivalent of sharing spit via some vector. Otherwise IMHO everyone on this thread would have it by now.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: drussell41

originally posted by: iloveit
Questions:

2. Does anyone think there are posters in this thread who were paid (shills) to post certain messages or move the thread in any particular direction? (Tinfoil hat moment)

Absolutely.

Probably.. Who knows.. sometimes the tail wags the dog. There are DEFINITELY disinfo campaigns run by various interests.. If you feed enough ideas into media, then you don't necessarily have to maintain agents to disseminate it..

Unaware parties will see it on a site that reinforces their confirmation biases and they will spread it for you..

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Oleman

Yeah, under certain conditions, ticks might spread this.. and probably will to someone..

I really hope this isn't airborne. We have enough problems with people spreading it through other methods..

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 02:45 AM
link   
A Brit in Wuhan who got the virus and has so far survived has made a video which discusses Wuhan and what has happened to him with regards to his early on symptoms; worth a watch IMO.
web.facebook.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: musicismagic

Oooh that looks nice, but at 220 bux a bottle I can't afford to drink a bottle a day.

I pick up asahi at 40 bux a carton which is good for a
Oz, we pay jacked up prices for alcohol.

Whoa!

and I thought my Nikka coffey grain obsession was expensive..

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka

originally posted by: musicismagic
A little info just in:

Testing positive after being declared clear of the infection: a 31-year-old evacuee from the Diamond Princess cruise ship was first infected on Feb 18 while aboard, but later appeared to have recovered and tested negative on March 4 and 6 in Japan before returning to Hong Kong on March 7. On March 9, she was found to be still infected. Disease expert Dr Joseph Tsang Kay-yan said several reasons such as sampling error and “insufficiently sensitive” tests could have accounted for the woman’s “false negative” results in Japan. “Perhaps the swab was not done properly, or an antibody blood test was not done.” In any case she would have to be tested for a particular type of antibody 21 days after the diagnosis, before results can be conclusive that she was clear of the virus. He believes the woman was not reinfected as her antibodies upon recovering would give her immunity for a period of time

Here is another area where we see a lot of conflicting data.. Re-infection.

Either the testing process is flawed, or the virus is able to re-infect individuals. The latter scenario has me very concerned, because if it initially damages the lungs (which autopsies have shown intense damage), a re-infection would probably prove fatal because the bronchial tissue would already be damaged from the first infection..

This has me worried as there are reports of "cleared " patients later dropping dead..

It is now known that the infection travels to 4 locations in our system ( I don't have a screen shot about it explaining in it on TV) but the 2 main locations that are more easily to find is the throat and lungs (the other 2, sorry, I forgot what they are) There is something about the cycle of "4" that shows up in testing (but my Japanese skill is....)
The thing here is to remember, people are saying it is bad on old people. True, but what is also true now, it affects the brain and young children's brains are developing. Sorry to say but we may in the future see some new form of Downs Syndrome in children, maybe in 3 to 5 years . It may show up in a "spectrum of unknown behavior".

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 02:51 AM
link   

I have heard about the 1st two. The ACE2 receptors being in the lungs and throat.. But the other 2 areas are new to me.. Brain.. and maybe heart?

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 02:54 AM
link   

I have heard about the 1st two. The ACE2 receptors being in the lungs and throat.. But the other 2 areas are new to me.. Brain.. and maybe heart?

medical words i don't know in Japanese sorry

but now my worry is about the brain in children ( I think, if news comes out of China, what I post may have some backings to it, but too soon for it ) Just think of it like : Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Dang, what are all us old and retired people to do now. Actually I need to buy some more fishing gear. But...

Good board games. Not Clue and crap like that, but things like what's loved on Boardgamegeek.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: drussell41

Dang, what are all us old and retired people to do now. Actually I need to buy some more fishing gear. But...

Good board games. Not Clue and crap like that, but things like what's loved on Boardgamegeek.

You could take up tabletop RPGs.. I am not kidding. I actually visited a nursing home last week that hosted a Dungeons and Dragons night..

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

wow - so now " dead " = a mild illness ????????????????????????

from your own source

38 resolution - fatal

from your own hyperbole

" 99 % of cases = mild "

again from your own souce - 1350 cases

according to your own delusions - all but 14 of those are " mild "

ooops - the mortality rate is more than double your " none mild cases "

ooops

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

from your own source

38 resolution - fatal

from your own hyperbole

" 99 % of cases = mild "

ooops

TDS

The "lamestream media is trying to make Trump look bad"

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Tom Hanks and his wife, Rita Wilson, have contracted covid-19 whilst in Australia.

link

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Looks like it's going to get tough from today in the UK

Sky

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 03:22 AM
link   
amazing - checkout the monkeys

twitter.com...

Hundreds of hungry monkeys swarm across Thai street as 'rival gangs' fight over food after tourists who normally feed them stay away because of coronavirus trib.al...

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Hope this is not too off topic, more of a "things to think about when CV19 is wild in your neighborhood."

I have the luxury of working from home, being a recluse, and having a very private homestead. But, my wife works in a big office with people that travel the world, so she is my vector. But, we both have been wearing gloves whenever we leave for four weeks now, and have been practicing "sterile procedures."

Today, I went into town for milk, eggs, fruit and veggies, and treated it like venturing into a zombie apocalypse. Changed gloves four times, self checkout so nobody touched the food, well, at least after I bagged it. Left everything in middle of kitchen floor for 8 hours, hoping that is long enough, except for the milk and eggs.

Milk (and cider) are problematic, the cold wet surface is perfect laboratory conditions to bring a virus home, and the refrigerator, again, perfect. So, I wiped those down with alcohol wipes before storing them in the fridge.

We agree, it is hopeless. I do not see any way possible that we will not come in contact with CV19, it is just a matter of time. Unless any local clusters get stomped out before one of us encounters it.

OTOH, look at Japan. Half the population of USA in 1/20th of the land area. Yet, in three days the US went from half as many cases to double. I believe this is because the Japanese fear and respect CV19 from their experience with SARS, where as most of the Kiwi's, Brits and Yanks do not take it seriously. Unfortunately, by time the K&B&Ys do, I think we are in for a rough ride.

I dont think the death tolls will be horrific, but with the long illness duration, it aint gonna be fun. But, at least we have each other here to ride the storm out with.
edit on 12-3-2020 by Oleman because: spelin

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

from your own source

38 resolution - fatal

from your own hyperbole

" 99 % of cases = mild "

ooops

TDS

The "lamestream media is trying to make Trump look bad"

When I posted about Hokkaido with empty streets, people here have lost confidence in my posting since a video was posted the opposite. What that poster didn't explain and show was the empty hotels, food places , empty bus terminals , hot springs.

Anyway people. " 2 things now... one buy seeds to grow food if you can... two... talk to you neighbors how to protect your neighborhood also. funny because i was mocked about that. I really think those that have given me stars and pm s new there was probably some "truth" to what was taking behind the scenes but couldn't prove it.

3 days people in America hold your ground, can't you all see what is happening in Italy, it will hit your cities in america while you are sleeping
edit on 0300000027342020-03-12T03:34:27-05:00342703am3 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

TDS

It is unbelievable how bad some people on both sides are, TDS obviously works both ways.
Thank God we have a good group of people in this thread that can put aside their politics.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

amazing - checkout the monkeys

Yep, seen a similar thing, only it was humans and toilet paper.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oleman
Hope this is not too off topic, more of a "things to think about when CV19 is wild in your neighborhood."

I have the luxury of working from home, being a recluse, and having a very private homestead. But, my wife works in a big office with people that travel the world, so she is my vector. But, we both have been wearing gloves whenever we leave for four weeks now, and have been practicing "sterile procedures."

Today, I went into town for milk, eggs, fruit and veggies, and treated it like venturing into a zombie apocalypse. Changed gloves four times, self checkout so nobody toiched the food, well, at least after I bagged it. Left everything in middle of kitchen floor for 8 hours, hoping that is long enough, except for the milk and eggs.

Milk (and cider) problematic, the coold wet surface is perfect laboratory conditions to bring a virus home, and the refrigerator, again, perfect. So, I wiped those down with alcohol wipes before storing them in the fridge.

We agree, it is hopeless. I do not see any way possible that we will come in contact with CV19, it is just a matter of time. Unless any local clusters get stomped out before one of us encounters it.

OTOH, look at Japan. Half the population of USA in 1/20th of the land area. Yet, in three days the US went from half as many cases to double. I believe this is because the Japanese fear and respect CV19 from their experience with SARS, where as most of the Kiwi's, Brits anf Yanks do not take it seriously. Unfortunately, by time the K&B&Ys do, I think we are in for a rough ride.

I dont think the death tolls will be horrific, but with the long illness duration, it aint gonna be fun. But, at least we have each other here to ride the storm out with.

I agree entirely.

At some point, you will come in contact with the virus.

I am wearing gloves to work, (people have been giving very mixed responses).. At some point, something will happen that will cause a microscopic particle with a gleeful-coronavirus riding into my body. Hopefully, my precautions will prevent those that are more vulnerable from being infected. I am REALLY tired of hearing the Darwinists say "I'll do what I want, I'm healthy, the weak will just get sick regardless."

In my opinion, that is what is wrong with the world today..

think of other people

<< 328  329  330    332  333  334 >>

join