It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Went and toured a building with my daughter at University of Kansas today. Was kicking myself because after the tour I was sitting and waiting on my daughter to finish the program she was participating in and I had a spot on my jeans I could get off, so I licked my finger to rub the spot out. I was like... OH CRAP.

Then we went and had lunch and as I was driving away, I reached up and picked some food out from between my teeth.

I think I need to wear a football helmet to remind myself, don't touch your eyes, face, mouth, nose, ears, anything. lol.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
a reply to: DanDanDat

Precisely. That’s what I was looking for, so those that don’t have it will be around people that do at hospitals demanding tests...

Its a scary thought now that you made me have it.

Say you get sick; say your kid gets sick; it doesn't seem that bad; any other time you'd just wait it out with some chicken soup ... what do you do this time?

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   

They freak out. Go to the hospital, for tests. That is one scenario, and if it’s more severe, you have no choice but GOTO the hospital for tests. Mix that together, ya scary.

link   
a reply to: Ektar

Because the test kits we have suck (bad reagent), and the test itself has about 70% accuracy so it has a reasonably high rate of error.

link   

Onion sandwiches?

I'd have to be pretty damn sick before I'd go to an urgent care or hospital during cold and flu season.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Bloody Hell Gonzaga has an awesome Basketball Team & always does well!
March Madness is about to start wonder what effect this will have or if
we will even have the event?
Cheers
Ektar

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

Precisely. That’s what I was looking for, so those that don’t have it will be around people that do at hospitals demanding tests...

Say you get sick; say your kid gets sick; it doesn't seem that bad; any other time you'd just wait it out with some chicken soup ... what do you do this time?

You wait it out unless you develop severe symptoms like shortness of breath a worsening fever, etc., then you call ahead to let the ER know you are coming or may need to come so they can be equipped to handle you for their safety, for yours, and for everyone else's who is there.

You don't want to possibly expose those who may not have it. If you end up not having it, you don't want to go where you may be exposed, and medical professionals need as much warning as possible that you may be carrying it before you expose them.

In the end right now, if you only develop something that is on par with mild to severe cold/flu in illness, does it matter if it was or wasn't corona?
edit on 28-2-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Don't you think it's strange everyone else seems to have a working test
& we don't? How hard is it to get a functional reagent?
Thank you for your time!
Cheers
Ektar

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Yeah your dead right. China and north Korea are lieing their asses off. China should be held accountable for not telling the world earlier. Just a flu,I'm sooo sick of hearing that crap.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

What she said. I am just thinking. If your sick right now, it’s probably just the flu. Sorry, I am just thinking out loud, trying to figure stuff out.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Ektar

It's hard to say how functional everyone else's tests actually are.

At least some of the times when someone who was clear of virus re-tested positive and was considered re-infected, it may have been a case of the test kit not being sensitive enough.

And there have been times when patients presenting with corona would test negative even though their lungs showed pneumonia just like corona and subsequent tests turned up positive.

Those are in foreign cases, not US ones.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: elitegamer23

originally posted by: GlobalGold
someone here was wanting info on China's current situation - This link has some info

www.scmp.com...

Thanks for the link.
So am I understanding this correctly?
All schools in China shut down still and now all schools in Japan ?

China:
First province sets back-to-school date
Guizhou province become the first in China to announce a date when pupils could return to school.
The epidemic control command in the southwestern province announced that final-year students would return to the classroom on March 16. It said the date for resuming other classes would depend on how the situation developed.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: elitegamer23

originally posted by: GlobalGold
someone here was wanting info on China's current situation - This link has some info

www.scmp.com...

Thanks for the link.
So am I understanding this correctly?
All schools in China shut down still and now all schools in Japan ?

Yes, all schools except universities (not sure about universities yet) are shut down till March 15 . This news may change though. No update on it yet.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: DanDanDat

You wait it out unless you develop severe symptoms like shortness of breath a worsening fever, etc., then you call ahead to let the ER know you are coming or may need to come so they can be equipped to handle you for their safety, for yours, and for everyone else's who is there.

You don't want to possibly expose those who may not have it. If you end up not having it, you don't want to go where you may be exposed, and medical professionals need as much warning as possible that you may be carrying it before you expose them.

Easy to say; may not be easy to do.

I've stayed up a few nights with very sick children; knowing it'll be ok in the end "its just a cold" ... but even than you can feel the freak out creeping in ... I can only imagine what it must feel like when the threat might actually be real.
edit on 28-2-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   

edit on 28-2-2020 by Beltalowda because: Misread post

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Beltalowda

Once but only in a movie

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   
A warning about getting the virus.

1. a cough
2. while going upstairs you notice you have a shortness of breath (of course if you are overweight , well...)
3. signs of shortness of breath

These are the first signs one must be aware of.
Yes, we all heard about the temp of 36.7 or above and having a fever, but #1 and # 2 and #3 are a first warning sign. TV news this morning backs up my statement

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Does anyone here think that an ozone machine would be effective in
decontamination? I have one & I use it here & there to shock the truck &
still need to do RV but been too cold to sit outside for an hr or two with
the dogs.
It is used for cross contamination of toxic mold. I shock the truck or RV
then hepa vacuum & wipe all surfaces with concrombium. Wonder how effective
concrombium would be on the virus as I have no clue on these things, only
have experience surviving toxic mold. Thanks to all of you wonderful people for any input!

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I'm off to the store to buy hand sanitizer while I can. Just had a conversation with a Nurse in N. California in a county adjacent to where they are reporting community spread of the virus. Apparently he knew about the Oregon case in my community, but wasn't allowed to disclose it until the news made public.

He told me to buy "hand sanitizer and a 2 week supply of food.. NOW."

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka
I'm off to the store to buy hand sanitizer while I can. Just had a conversation with a Nurse in N. California in a county adjacent to where they are reporting community spread of the virus. Apparently he knew about the Oregon case in my community, but wasn't allowed to disclose it until the news made public.

He told me to buy "hand sanitizer and a 2 week supply of food.. NOW."

2 weeks of food, now that's something I haven't heard of. I hope people will at least buy 2 weeks of food.

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join