It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 315
<< 312  313  314    316  317  318 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I received this VA Alert in my e-mail today..

COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information

To protect our patients, guests and caregivers, Charleston VAMC and its clinics are limiting public entrances to the front entrance at all sites and front entrance and Emergency Department at the VAMC. Staff will be screening at those entrances with basic questions to help ensure individuals get the care they need while not exposing patients, staff and other guests.
Veterans, if you have flu-like symptoms such as fever, cough and shortness of breath, call us at 843-789-6500 or 1-888-878-6884 before you visit your local medical center or clinic.
In addition to calling first, consider using virtual care options such as telehealth or My HealtheVet Secure Messaging. Visitors, if you do not feel well, please postpone your visit. Read VA’s latest information on the new coronavirus at www.publichealth.va.gov...

the entry screening to hospital facility is not even begun to ramp up

the only omission I can see is in persons needing to present the New Real ID which is ramping up to be required to enter any Federal Building, from today to all future times as the population complies with the Real-ID issue requirements
(all flights will require this card for example)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   
It's already been posted that the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo (Texas, USA) has been cancelled. I'm not sure how much non-Texans realize how huge this is. It's one of the biggest events in the entire state. Most people outside of Texas might have heard of South by Southwest (SXSW) which was cancelled earlier this week, but the Houston show is actually a good deal bigger and longer. It's also a bit crazy because unlike SXSW, it was cancelled after it already started.

This article shows how social media is exploding over this decision.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
Missile attack in IRAQ with us and Brit. Fatalities..

Oh boy...

TWITTER

Operation "evil Russia"? To append operation "evil Chinese"? WW3 anyone?

I haven't been on any prepper sites recently. But I believe, pandemic, nuclear war (or WW3 generally), economic collapse, and asteroid apocalypse are their top reasons for prepping. Well I read there is an asteroid approaching within the next few weeks, and on a more religious note, we have plagues of locusts and if you google rivers of blood you might be surprised.

Interesting times we live in.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: missed_gear

And yet Cheltenham is going ahead in uk (something in the region of 50k people going to that!)

Man city vs arsenal football match is postponed..but only due to the fact that some of the players are in isolation!

The UK haven't announced anything regarding large crowds.
Yet.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   
www.nola.com...

FTA:

A resident at Lambeth House, a retirement home in Uptown New Orleans, has tested presumptive positive for the COVID-19 novel coronavirus, according to WWL-TV.

A spokesman for the retirement center confirmed to the TV station that the 84-year-old man was taken to a hospital on Friday for pneumonia-type symptoms.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: KindraLaBelle
Merkel said on tv yesterday that at least 70% of the population will eventually become infected.

Eventually, at least 100% of people living will have been exposed. Just like they have been to the flu, and the common cold.

It is here. We now have to deal with it. Protect those most at risk. Don't go to the doctor for every sniffle, call ahead when you do, ask your doctor why they haven't joined the 21st century and are not doing Virtual Assessments (online), for both (huge) convenience factor, and to prevent overtaxing existing resources.
edit on 11-3-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Have we posted about the cbs news building being evacuated 2 people tested positive for CV. IN NYC why the building is not being contained I dunno. This is also breaking.
edit on 11-3-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Furryhobnob
103 year old woman survives coronavirus in wuhan, she has no underlying health conditions.

Interesting...

I've been suspecting that underlying health conditions may be a much bigger factor than simply age.

Many people think they are healthy, but aren't. You can be on deaths door, and have all of the appearance of good health - just ask the widows, widowers and orphans of those who have died of sudden heart attack or stroke, or within days or weeks of diagnosis of some form of cancer or other.

Who knows, maybe it is a bad interactions with one or more common vaccines, or prescription medication... could be any number of things.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: BowBells
a reply to: missed_gear

And yet Cheltenham is going ahead in uk (something in the region of 50k people going to that!)

Man city vs arsenal football match is postponed..but only due to the fact that some of the players are in isolation!

The UK haven't announced anything regarding large crowds.
Yet.

Make that 250,000 over the 4 days....according to Jockey Club because....it's worth 100 million!

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

"Number of UK coronavirus cases soars to 456 after EIGHTY-THREE patients test positive for the killer virus in the biggest daily increase yet"

Killer virus... sheesh... are they talking about Ebola? This thing has like a 1% CFR for criminy sake...

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio
the Jet Stream air current could pick up spittle in Wuhan China and drop that specimen , on a ham sandwitch in Ames Iowa...& the eater suddenly gets CV symptoms from the Airborne disease

keeping an open mind

Sorry, that is balderdash, not evidence of an open mind.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oppenheimer67
They handled it exactly how they intended to handle it. No tests means no cases.

I agree... this serves their purpose of making the numbers look far worse than they are, creating much more fear and panic, driving the markets down, and hopefully hurting Trump in the election this fall.

It won't work.
edit on 11-3-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   
NO FANS AT NCAA men’s and women’s basketball tourney.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

As the anti America mainstream media gets its wish and millions of people are tested, there will be thousands of businesses Schools and Government buildings shut down, due to panic over what in the USA amounts to a mild flu bug.

It's time for the Trump Administration to point out the truth.

REALITY = www.worldometers.info...

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

In Gov. DeWine's conference today, they confirmed community spread in Canton, Ohio. The state Public Health expert said that she thinks there's community spread throughout the state at this point. They will be issuing more orders shortly. What I thought was interesting, however, was that DeWine even advised not going to groups as small as "chicken dinners". He stressed that everyone needs to take responsibility for their decisions in that it effects not only the individual's health, but that of everyone with whom they come in contact and everyone those people contact.

edit on 11-3-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Ummm.... Someting strange going on here.

An hour or so ago I had a sky news alert stating a Briton from the cruise ship had died in Japan. The alert has now disappeared from my phone and I'm unable to find any further info??

Apologies if this has already been covered.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
Have we posted about the cbs news building being evacuated 2 people tested positive for CV. IN NYC why the building is not being contained I dunno. This is also breaking.

CBS got CoronaStruck.

@BryanLlenas

Two CBS News NYC based employees have tested positive for Coronavirus. Employees will work remotely for next two days while buildings are cleaned & disinfected, per CBS President Z. Employees who may have been in direct contact with infected asked to self quarantine for 14 days.
twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

your source - does not say - what you want it to say - ooops

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   
The idea of a government bailout of non travel-related companies and businesses that shut down over this hoax, should be nixed.

Take away their incentive to give in so easily.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: carewemust

your source - does not say - what you want it to say - ooops

It does. 99% of the cases in the USA are classified as mild.

<< 312  313  314    316  317  318 >>

join