It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 317
<< 314  315  316    318  319  320 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tukota
One quick comment, then it's back to work for me. I'm noticing a lot of shaming happening on FB for people who have stocked up ahead of time. The people who can't buy what they need are angry and painting a picture that anyone who has stocked up is fear-mongering and creating a needless panic. I think I'll just away from FB for a while. I can't take all of the posts about, 'it's just flu".

Edit: I think they're just mad about the toilet paper. LMAO!!!

I had noted this as well on FB the other day. Also in conversations with friends and family where we quietly ask what they think of the whole thing.

I see a lot of shaming (and agree is fear and anger based) and now a lot of jokes on FB about the virus. A few weeks ago, we had nothing of the sort going on so, in my mind, at least people are paying attention.

We have had close family ask what we did to prepare. Otherwise, we have not told anyone. We also do not need to panic buy now and are stocked. Picking up a few things here and there still. While we have a lot of toilet paper, I am thinking a bidet would be a good choice!

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   
President Trump will address the nation tonight at 9 p.m. eastern time.

mobile.twitter.com...

I hope he's not genuinely giving in to this MSM induced panic.

Proof the Panic inside the USA is a mainstream media perpetrated hoax.

www.worldometers.info...

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Long time lurker, first time poster. Firstly thanks to this site for meaning that weeks ago I prepared as best I could stocking up on items for my family having followed the threads and made my own conclusions. I have an 18 month old daughter and while the young appear less affected it doesn't stop you being concerned.

Having a young child at nursery brings a constant stream of bugs home, but in January we all had something pretty nasty where I had a high temperature of 39c (which came down easily with regular cold medicine) and coughing. Its hung around for weeks which at times makes me wonder if its been here a lot longer than some think. I've felt like my energy levels have been low for weeks despite eating well and resting up.

I found this article which also leans towards this thinking :

theweek.com...

Maybe its wishful thinking on my part, but a lot of people seem to have been hit hard with bugs like this over this winter - if this is the case then while the virus is exceptionally widespread, perhaps its not the doomsday scenario some are painting.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

bnonews.com...

Cases Deaths Serious Critical Recovered
125,863 /4,595 /5,829 /65 /66,722

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: NxNWest
If someone has or has not "stocked up, prepared" or whatever, my question would be why do they feel the need to tell the world on fb? If you do stock up well that's great, if you do not feel the need and think all of this will go away in the next couple of weeks, great. But why tell the world either way on fb?
just my .02¢

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: tanstaafl

As the anti America mainstream media gets its wish and millions of people are tested, there will be thousands of businesses Schools and Government buildings shut down, due to panic over what in the USA amounts to a mild flu bug.

Even if it is like a really, really bad flu season (100,000-500,000 dead), it still doesn't warrant the fear/panic we are seeing.

I still say... something else is happening. Will we ever know what?

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I've been on the road all day and all I can say is hot dam! Not much to add; this is my bookmark for later. Stay safe friends.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I am begining to read reports in the medical academic fields, that are concerns in regards to how it will effect the obese. I won’t share that data collected in the USA of how many people who are middle aged and old who are obese. The panic per se, may be translated into getting people to use there wits and careful.

link   

originally posted by: Bicent

Meh the effects it is having on the world have little to do with the media, and more to do with the economy. I hand it to ya thou, for being a hard core skeptic.

But it is the fear-mongering fostered by the media that is creating the havoc in the markets.

The economy is still strong, but it won't stay that way if we shut everything down. We can work around supply chain problems (slowly, maybe, but it can be done). We can't work around a total shutdown of everything.

link   

President Trump will address the nation tonight at 9 p.m. eastern time.

mobile.twitter.com...

I hope he's not genuinely giving in to this MSM induced panic.

Proof the Panic inside the USA is a mainstream media perpetrated hoax.

www.worldometers.info...
Jesus you’re insufferable with your remarks. I’m sure 45 is addressing the nation to tell us this is all made up. Definitely MSM be damned and Biden should have been nicer to that guy....
Has nothing to do with mass closures and cancellations. A reeling travel industry, The unfolding pandemic, concerned citizens, medical staff, or the secret meeting this morning. I feel bad for you.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Canada is at 100 cases now and 1 death.

New today are the Cancer doctor in Hamilton, Ontario (she works at the Juravinski centre there but lives in neighbouring Burlington, Ontario). She saw 14 Cancer patients in the time she returned from Hawaii and became ill (half a day if work, I believe).

We have a passenger from the Grand Princess cruise ship who tested positive. They are in quarantine at CFB Trenton after arriving yesterday morning with the other 227 passengers. My friend is tasked there helping them right now.

We have a person in Ottawa (that is our nation’s capital) who tested positive. First there.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   
NCAA Tournament games will be played with NO fans

The NCAA announced Wednesday that it will follow the lead of other sporting events and restrict fan access to its signature event, the men's basketball tournament, due to the coronavirus outbreak.

All other winter sports championships, including the women's basketball tournament, will be under the same restriction.

Source

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Karyotype
If someone has or has not "stocked up, prepared" or whatever, my question would be why do they feel the need to tell the world on fb? If you do stock up well that's great, if you do not feel the need and think all of this will go away in the next couple of weeks, great. But why tell the world either way on fb?
just my .02¢

I completely agree. We are quite quiet on that front and have only told our closest family. No comments directed at us, just in general to “those people”. What I am seeing are angry posts like “thanks to all you $&-:@& for buying up all of the soap and toilet paper”. Stuff like that nonsense. Angry lashing out in general.
edit on 11-3-2020 by NxNWest because: Added

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Karyotype
just my .02¢

Generation sprite, thirst is nothing, image is everything...

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   
GOOD NEWS!!

Johns Hopkins was on 124,910 cases, but is now on 122,356. So cases are actually going down. It was all a big data error. There never was a Coronavirus, of ant type, it really was just man flu all along.

France no longer exists, but all is good in the name of statistics. The WHO is calling it a pandemic, and shouting down the World for their lack of response, as if it wasn't the World that forced them to finally admit it is a pandemic.

Has the World gone mad or is it just me? Both. Almost certainly. But at least I'll be sane again when I'm sober.

edit, France is back in the figures now, the world is still ending. Wow, that high turned into a low real quick... Least I'm sober now

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   
It's funny you specifically mention that scene in Jaws - it's been referenced quite a lot online (as Boris said the mayor is his political hero) these last few weeks.

Boris reveals his political hero: The mayor from Jaws
"He kept the beaches open," Mr Johnson explained.

"I don't know what happened to his political career thereafter, but he did the right thing."
a reply to: JamieJJones

www.politics.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   
An ER charged a teacher who showed coronavirus symptoms $10,000 for her visit — and never even tested her for the disease

Brooklyn public school teacher Erin McCarthy went to the NYU Langone Health–Cobble Hill emergency department after experiencing symptoms associated with the coronavirus.
A physician at the ER told her she didn't meet the criteria to be tested for the coronavirus and was sent home.
She later discovered NYU Langone charged her over $10,000 for her visit, even without being tested for the coronavirus.
Thanks to her health insurance, she will only have to pay $75 out-of-pocket — but it raises issues of how those without insurance will be able to afford tests and care for COVID-19.

Source

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: NxNWest
Canada is at 100 cases now and 1 death.

New today are the Cancer doctor in Hamilton, Ontario (she works at the Juravinski centre there but lives in neighbouring Burlington, Ontario). She saw 14 Cancer patients in the time she returned from Hawaii and became ill (half a day if work, I believe).

We have a passenger from the Grand Princess cruise ship who tested positive. They are in quarantine at CFB Trenton after arriving yesterday morning with the other 227 passengers. My friend is tasked there helping them right now.

We have a person in Ottawa (that is our nation’s capital) who tested positive. First there.

Edit: maybe it’s 101 - I forgot about the Sudbury case but may have included him. It’s getting hard to keep track!

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I think they are hiding something
My health minister broke down crying the other day,i know how to read people
There is an aspect to this virus that they will not disclose for fear of Hysteria
edit on 11-3-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: carewemust

your source - does not say - what you want it to say - ooops

It does. 99% of the cases in the USA are classified as mild.

It also says about 3.5% have died. Try telling them and their families it is just a "mild flu".

<< 314  315  316    318  319  320 >>

join