It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 301
<< 298  299  300    302  303  304 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I wish they’d do something proactive in the U.K.
It continues to spread and we’re still being told to wash our hands and talking about “potential measures” that could be taken in the future. The authorities are way behind the curve and are forcing us towards a devastating crisis on the scale of Italy with their lack of action and contradictory advice. While I don’t doubt there are thousands, if not tens of thousands, of undiagnosed cases already walking around infecting others, surely they realise where that will lead us in the next few weeks? Do we just keep washing our hands and working until we are all infected?

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   
The picture is very muddy.

South Korea and Italy are the two countries I have been watching since the outbreak got legs outside of China thinking that the information would coming from them would paint a clearer picture. In reality though the stats between the two have only confused the matter even more.

While the rate of infection between the two has tracked fairly close (5% infected out of those tested) the fatality rate as reported is very different. So why is it so bad in Italy but not so much in South Korea?

Without answering that question I have come to a position that guides my posture for the time being. It's similar to an attitude that most of us have at least entertained when facing time of uncertainty in life. When our marriages, jobs, health, whatever have been on the brink and we haven't known what was happening or how it was going to turn out we have to decide to remain flexible and work for the best possible outcome.

Allready the SHTF is happening to alot of people because of this. For alot of us we dont know how or if it will hit personally so we are teasing out every bit of information to get an edge. It's still muddy as hell though and probably will be throughout the whole thing. That's at least been my experience with other more personal SHTF experiences.

Keeping an eye on the situation has served me well, but so has remaining flexible.

If you read this thanks for hanging through my stream of consciousness!

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: COVID2020

Stock exchange only does 10% volume on the thinly staffed trading floor. Only large company orders etc. Doubt it would be a big impact as the market was clearly way overpriced before the dive.

SEC already working from home.

I doubt any countries will collapse from this, medical systems maybe. Governmental and societal collapse - seriously doubt.

More likely than the latter is war between China and US. CCP is angling for that situation.

What we predicted way at back in Thread 1 is happening - average Joe and Jane are panicking. We should have stocked up on toilet paper and hand sanitizer, we’d be rich.

edit on 10-3-2020 by SpartanStoic because: Spelling grammar need beer

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Another one bites the dust.

Bolivia confirms its first case of coronavirus

nationalpost.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Found this story about Michigan

As of Tuesday afternoon, Michigan had no confirmed cases of the coronavirus. The state is awaiting testing results for 24 possible cases, and an additional 124 people who were not tested are being actively monitored, according to the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services.

Michigan only has 375 tests, and 39 have been used so far and come back negative. As suspected cases continue to mount every day, Michigan could be out of tests by the end of the week

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ComebackLogic
I wish they’d do something proactive in the U.K.

they're pro-actively making sure everyone gets it.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

Meh we will, be ok.. like I said to many smart folks in the economy I just help stimulate it today, we will be ok.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Southern Cross University will close its Lismore campus in northern NSW and its Gold Coast campus in Queensland after a visiting staff member from the Philippines tested positive to coronavirus.
The man attended a series of workshops at the two university campuses last week before returning to the Philippines on Saturday.
He became unwell and has since tested positive.
Southern Cross University spokesman Dean Gould said 45 people who came in close proximity with the man will be contacted.
www.abc.net.au...

Not that far from me. Guessing we have 2-4 weeks before it blows up here.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Rep. Matt Gaetz Spotted at a Taco Stand During His Self-Quarantine

www.tmz.com... 8JOZ7s

Stay home a$$hole!

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: misfit312

As of Tuesday afternoon, Michigan had no confirmed cases of the coronavirus. The state is awaiting testing results for 24 possible cases, and an additional 124 people who were not tested are being actively monitored, according to the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services.

Michigan only has 375 tests, and 39 have been used so far and come back negative. As suspected cases continue to mount every day, Michigan could be out of tests by the end of the week

Be a real hoot if high degrees of heavy metal burden in the human body was a natural Coronavirus vaccine...

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   

What significance if states run out of tests?

Does a positive result change the course of treatment?
I could see its importance to knowing when/if we've turned a corner, but that's not close to happening at this time.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

I could see its importance to knowing when/if we've turned a corner, but that's not close to happening at this time.

That has been my point as well. The hospital is going to treat the symptoms, regardless.

Now, whether someone has to quarantine themselves for 14 days, that would make a difference. Because it's perfectly fine to go about your business with the flu, and kill off people, but not acceptable to go about your business with Corona and kill off people. lol.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   

A state with just under 10 million people and we only received 375 tests? Pence said they were rolling out 700,000 tests Monday and more throughout the week, hopefully we'll get a lot more.
edit on 10/3/2020 by Tukota because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Honestly, I wish we had 350 million tests at this point because it would go a LONG ways towards alleviating fears and clearing a lot of uncertainty. Presently we've got 30 dead with 1,000 confirmed cases nationwide. 3% rate of death... BUT let's say we tested everyone. To maintain such a seemingly high death rate of 3%, one would have to assume that "only" 1,000 out of 350 million is actually infected, which destroys the R0 fearmongering narrative. OR we discover that 10s or 100s of thousands are infected, meaning we've had 30 deaths not out of 1,000 cases, but out of 10,000 cases (a 0.3% mortality rate) or out of 100,000 cases (0.03% mortality rate_ which destroys the mortality rate narrative. Unfortunately fear sells.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

You're right that if you're sick, you're sick, and the docs have to treat you regardless. But I do believe that testing helps to identify and isolate the sick from the healthy so that more people don't come down with it. And, it gives doctors more information about how to treat you, based on therapies that may have worked with other COVID-19 patients. I'd love to think that doctors all over the world could share this kind of info, and maybe they are. Who knows, this is all new territory for everyone at this point. IMHO.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: primalfractal

Mullum today...

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Honestly, I wish we had 350 million tests at this point because it would go a LONG ways towards alleviating fears and clearing a lot of uncertainty. Presently we've got 30 dead with 1,000 confirmed cases nationwide. 3% rate of death... BUT let's say we tested everyone. To maintain such a seemingly high death rate of 3%, one would have to assume that "only" 1,000 out of 350 million is actually infected, which destroys the R0 fearmongering narrative. OR we discover that 10s or 100s of thousands are infected, meaning we've had 30 deaths not out of 1,000 cases, but out of 10,000 cases (a 0.3% mortality rate) or out of 100,000 cases (0.03% mortality rate_ which destroys the mortality rate narrative. Unfortunately fear sells.

Nightly news: If it bleeds, it leads.

In my 40 years on this rock, this is uncharted territory. MSM is riding this wave. Fear sells. And in today's news cycle, clicks sell. It's always about the bottom line.

Is the situation as bad as I think? Well, yes. And everyone is now on board.

ATS, Stay safe.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

That’s one way to look at it and makes sense on some levels. However, that doesn’t factor in the life span of this novel virus, having only been around for four to six months. Most people haven’t had chance to contract the disease yet, much less have their case fully resolved to a statistical outcome. I don’t want to be afraid of an invisible virus just because other people are, because it’s new, or simply because the government and media say I should be afraid.
I do have some fairly grave concerns over the reactions we’ve seen from authorities in China, Italy and now part of New York however. It’s unprecedented and unnerving and it appears to be expanding across the world much like the virus itself. The reactions of panicked people - be that citizens or authorities - are as much of a threat as contracting a respiratory infection. If you disregard the wildest speculations and conspiracies and simply look at the facts and effects you can see so far, it’s hard not to be concerned to an extent. We also now have some medical professionals coming forward with some discouraging information regarding the effects of the virus which don’t exactly paint a great picture either.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ComebackLogic

Black and white ez way to understand it we will be ok, becoming a media spin for 💰

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   

00:45: 13 new cases and 22 new deaths in Hubei province, China. (Source)

nearly 2x deaths vs infections.. strange new reality.

Western Australia just got 3x more infections this morning. All travelers who were in Europe

<< 298  299  300    302  303  304 >>

join