It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 298
<< 295  296  297    299  300  301 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Well the uk hospital I was born in has a patient with confirmed coronavirus, I live 16 miles away now but visited my mum tonight to tell her to stock up in this town.
I went shopping again yesterday and can no longer fit it in my kitchen cupboards so have started piling tins up in the spare bedroom.
www.google.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   
And says

It follows the news that the Eliot is treating a patient in intensive care for a confirmed case of Covid 19.
Do we have a breakdown in the UK of ICU patients?
a reply to: Furryhobnob

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I wonder if Trump will cancel any events soon?

Both Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders have cancelled Tuesday campaign events in Ohio amid coronavirus concerns, the Associated Press (AP) is reporting.

Sanders had been planning to speak at a convention centre in Cleveland as results from six states voting in the Democratic presidential contests began rolling in. But he pulled the plug only about three hours before it was scheduled to start and his campaign announced that decisions on future events would be made on a case-by-case basis, according to AP. It quoted his campaign spokesman, Mike Casca, as saying:

Out of concern for public health and safety, we are canceling tonights rally in Cleveland. We are heeding the public warnings from Ohio state officials, who have communicated concern about holding large, indoor events during the coronavirus outbreak. All future Bernie 2020 events will be evaluated on a case by case basis.

Guardian Live Blog 21.05pm

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   

BREAKING: British member of parliament Nadine Dorries has tested positive for coronavirus - The Times

Parliament is going to shut isn't it?

twitter.com...

A health minister who has met hundreds of people in parliament in the past week and attended a reception at No 10 with Boris Johnson has had coronavirus diagnosed, The Times can reveal.

Nadine Dorries, who played a role in drawing up legislation to tackle coronavirus, fell ill on Friday last week and her diagnosis was confirmed this evening. She is now in isolation and understood to be recovering.

www.thetimes.co.uk...

edit on 10-3-2020 by cirrus12 because: more info

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Furryhobnob
Well the uk hospital I was born in has a patient with confirmed coronavirus, I live 16 miles away now but visited my mum tonight to tell her to stock up in this town.
I went shopping again yesterday and can no longer fit it in my kitchen cupboards so have started piling tins up in the spare bedroom.
www.google.com...

Yes,I'm pretty surrounded now as well. Walsall, Wolverhampton and Tamworth. All I need is Stafford to get one and that's all my choices up the swanny.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Yeah i heard they shut a school in Tamworth a couple of days ago, it's less than half an hour down the a42 for me! No cases in Leicester yet though which is good. Stay safe 👍🏻

originally posted by: MissBeck

originally posted by: Furryhobnob
www.google.com...

Yes,I'm pretty surrounded now as well. Walsall, Wolverhampton and Tamworth. All I need is Stafford to get one and that's all my choices up the swanny.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Furryhobnob

Right back at ya!

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: cirrus12

That means that a good deal of the MP's will probably have it as well. Plus their staff.

link   
a reply to: cirrus12

edit on 10-3-2020 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Kuroneko
Here is the main exerpt from an email sent to all employees of Travis County in Central Texas from Judge Sarah Eckhardt. Seems like a pretty mild reaction compared to what has been happening around the world, but in light of the recent cancellation of SXSW, I thought it might be of interest:

"The health of our workforce is our highest priority. Please know that our public health officials are taking appropriate actions to ensure the health and safety of everyone. While there are currently no confirmed cases in the Austin/Travis County area at this time, health officials are testing individuals in accordance with CDC guidelines. Currently, Austin Public Health has received no positive test results for COVID-19.

However, in response to the increasing concerns of COVID-19 across the nation, Travis County and the City of Austin have declared a “local state of disaster” to proactively increase preventative measures and require mitigation plans for events in the region. The declaration was made ahead of this month’s Spring Festival season following recommendations from interim local health authority Dr. Mark Escott, who acted on advice from an independent panel of experts.

While this decision did not come lightly, it was important for Travis County and the City of Austin to remain focused on mitigation strategies that protect the community. These may involve modifications to public gatherings, including places of worship practices or school attendance. We will also be working closely with local hospitals and the business community to increase the availability of hand washing stations, hand sanitizers, messaging and posters to remind people of the importance of personal hygiene."

And this is a decent way of being proactive considering no confirmed cases there yet. I would bet money it’s already in Austin Texas though.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Interesting AMA

www.reddit.com...

edit on Tue Mar 10 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: Crossposting not allowed

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

I saw some pics earlier online, absolutely crazy!

Stay safe, 5/6 confirmed in Cornwall, no official locations, although I heard of 1 in Newquay, and someone who came to Polzeath to self isolate, and bragged in the local shop they had the virus!!

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   

edit on Tue Mar 10 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: Crossposting not allowed

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Update from Canada:

There is an entire floor of an office in self-isolation as a co-worker if theirs tested positive.

My community has 24 people under observation.

Commuter train stations broadcasting message continuously about not touching your face, sneezing into a tissue or your arm, help stop the spread... I feel like I am in a movie.

Our Prime Minister has stated the government understands there will be significant economic impact and they are putting together a plan to help individuals and businesses. Nationally buying medical supplies.

toronto.ctvnews.ca...

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   
South Dakota was one of the few states left without a confirmed case and instantly they jump to 6 cases with one death.

This is going to be a tragic year for the human species .

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: cirrus12

BREAKING: British member of parliament Nadine Dorries has tested positive for coronavirus - The Times

Parliament is going to shut isn't it?

twitter.com...

A health minister who has met hundreds of people in parliament in the past week and attended a reception at No 10 with Boris Johnson has had coronavirus diagnosed, The Times can reveal.

Nadine Dorries, who played a role in drawing up legislation to tackle coronavirus, fell ill on Friday last week and her diagnosis was confirmed this evening. She is now in isolation and understood to be recovering.

www.thetimes.co.uk...

Bloody hell !
So I guess the entire cabinet are being tested now?
They will probably try to cover it up for a day or two,then we will be told they have all got the virus.
What happens then-who are the "back up"government I wonder?(They must have such a thing,like they did in the cold war in case of a nuclear war).
As much as I dislike the current government I do hope none of them die of this-but the irony of the virus spreading to all those in westminster who keep telling us all they have the situation under control is not lost on me or many Brits who have been saying they are not doing enough.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   
UK Health Minister tests positive and she's been in the company of the Prime Minister. He may have to self-quarantine.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: hades84
Someone had mentioned either on this thread or thread #3, that the US was waiting to hit 1000 cases to declare covid-19 a matter of national emergency. We will be hitting those numbers tonight. Let's see what happens.

35 minutes later, USA at 1004 😳

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: mzinga
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

OK..back on topic, regarding CoronaVirus: California's governor Gavin Newsome says,

"His administration ... has been consistent with the expectation that we repatriate these passengers," the Democratic governor said during a press conference, "and we do it in a way that does justice to the spirit that defines the best of our country and the state of California."

"He said, 'We're going to do the right thing, and you have my support,'" he continued. "He said everything that I could have hoped for. ... And every single thing he said, they followed through on."
Source: www.washingtonexaminer.com...
edit on Tue Mar 10 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   

top topics

<< 295  296  297    299  300  301 >>

join