It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

Yes, this is the main danger of the disease more than anything else.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: litterbaux
a reply to: ketsuko

As if once you get it you’re now immune....

What reckless behavior by the dad, the network and everyone else involved. This is movie crazy.

Yes, you're right. The little girl and her father should be placed in isolation boxes until the end of time. Much more humane.

You know, especially for the little girl.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: misfit312
a reply to: musicismagic

Alone each strain is bad but not deadly however, after combining with the others in the body they set off a reaction?

By your powers combined, I am Captain Pestilence
Yeah, no... I dont think science has managed to develop the viral equivalent of a Power Rangers Megazord .

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Ponder this.. if it’s not that serious and just like the flu, why are people going to the hospital for tests? If it’s just the serious cases then there are hundreds if not thousands of cases in the states countries etc. that already have cases. I think I am onto something. But dunno exactly what it is yet. But something is not adding up.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Because it's a novel strain. There is no herd immunity. That means presumably pretty much all of us can get it. That means it has a crap ton of potential hosts it can infect and burn through adding up to lots of sick people all at once.

Sure the odds of needing medical support are low, but at the numbers in our population, that low number still amounts to more people needing medical support than we have hospital beds and medical staff to treat them if they all get sick within a few days to weeks of one another.

Right now, all these measures being taken are in an attempt to slow the spread to a level where the medical system can cope with it, and the businesses can keep running.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Something is not adding up alright, China hasn't almost shut down because of the flu we can be sure about that.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Ya but they are going to the hospital for tests.. stay with me current data says what 18% serious cases so that’s 18 out of 100. Which means 82 people are getting flu like symptoms not going to get testing but spreading the virus.

Or the numbers are all wrong. If there is one case, that means there are more.
edit on 28-2-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

Which means for example Italy has hundreds of cases, why would they voluntarily get tested unless they were afraid of something..... I think the illness is motivating them to GOTO the hospital in most cases.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

That Power ranger thing

I'm lmao right now. You didn't know this, but I needed that laugh right now. Thanks
---
Edit my daughter an I share an inside joke about power rangers and shes so sick Right now
edit on 28-2-2020 by misfit312 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

No Breitbart made up a BS story by cleverly misquoting.

An editorial published Friday in the New England Journal of Medicine speculated that the coronavirus currently causing panic in world markets could turn out no worse than “a severe seasonal influenza” in terms of mortality.
www.breitbart.com...

While the New England Journal study said this

We found a lower case fatality rate (1.4%) than the rate that was recently reportedly,1,12 probably because of the difference in sample sizes and case inclusion criteria. Our findings were more similar to the national official statistics, which showed a rate of death of 3.2% among 51,857 cases of Covid-19 as of February 16, 2020.11,24 Since patients who were mildly ill and who did not seek medical attention were not included in our study, the case fatality rate in a real-world scenario might be even lower. 

Then the study was also cleverly spun by the article, not the study, in New England Journal that stated this

If one assumes that the number of asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic cases is several times as high as the number of reported cases, the case fatality rate may be considerably less than 1%. This suggests that the overall clinical consequences of Covid-19 may ultimately be more akin to those of a severe seasonal influenza (which has a case fatality rate of approximately 0.1%) or a pandemic influenza (similar to those in 1957 and 1968) rather than a disease similar to SARS or MERS, which have had case fatality rates of 9 to 10% and 36%, respectively.
www.nejm.org...

So they have just thrown in the "less than 1%" bit, clearly not a part of the study, pure misleading speculation.

The main BS is here-

The NEJ says "severe seasonal flu" "or a pandemic influenza".

Like say Spanish Flu.

Not just "severe seasonal flu" like in the Breitbart headline.

Furthermore NEJ are just saying the corona is more akin, or closer to, these CFR percentages than SARS or MERS, which no one is arguing about.

They are not saying "no worse than" as in the Breitbart article.

There is a reason asymptomatic cases are not generally counted in studies and never counted in the data for final CFR of a disease (deaths/total confirmed cases). They are not tested. I may have had asymptotic anything when I didn't feel sick last week.

The NEJ study only has

extracted data regarding 1099 patients
www.nejm.org...

Then did you read the disclaimer? It's a ripper.

Our study has some notable limitations. First, some cases had incomplete documentation of the exposure history and laboratory testing, given the variation in the structure of electronic databases among different participating sites and the urgent timeline for data extraction. Some cases were diagnosed in outpatient settings where medical information was briefly documented and incomplete laboratory testing was performed, along with a shortage of infrastructure and training of medical staff in nonspecialty hospitals. Second, we could estimate the incubation period in only 291 of the study patients who had documented information. The uncertainty of the exact dates (recall bias) might have inevitably affected our assessment. Third, because many patients remained in the hospital and the outcomes were unknown at the time of data cutoff, we censored the data regarding their clinical outcomes as of the time of our analysis. Fourth, we no doubt missed patients who were asymptomatic or had mild cases and who were treated at home, so our study cohort may represent the more severe end of Covid-19. Fifth, many patients did not undergo sputum bacteriologic or fungal assessment on admission because, in some hospitals, medical resources were overwhelmed. Sixth, data generation was clinically driven and not systematic.
www.nejm.org...

So just no.
edit on 28-2-2020 by primalfractal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   

What demographic is 18% serious?

What is serious? Ventilators? Late stage glass pneumonia?

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: GlobalGold
someone here was wanting info on China's current situation - This link has some info

www.scmp.com...

Thanks for the link.
So am I understanding this correctly?
All schools in China shut down still and now all schools in Japan ?

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: misfit312
a reply to: musicismagic

Alone each strain is bad but not deadly however, after combining with the others in the body they set off a reaction?

By your powers combined, I am Captain Pestilence
Yeah, no... I dont think science has managed to develop the viral equivalent of a Power Rangers Megazord .

LMAO. Good Lord. I even heard it in the voice!
Thanks for adding a little humor in this dark topic.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: litterbaux

What demographic is 18% serious?

What is serious? Ventilators? Late stage glass pneumonia?

Pneumonia I think it’s suppose to be one in 5 take it with a grain of salt. Last I heard 1 in 5

link   

so sorry this has probably been a repeated question...

Why is it taking days to confirm the CDC test on the new Oregon
patient when it seems everyone outside the US not including China
or other non trusted counties have results in hours, same day or next day?

I know there was a problem with the test but I thought that was already resolved...
Also did that test problem here not also cause a problem in other countries as I do
not recall seeing that but I could have easily missed that in the long thread.

It seems like WE ARE SO BLOODY BEHIND HERE! Just me view.
Thank you so much for all your & husbands input. Stay Safe!

Cheers
Ektar

PS Anyone here in the USA using mask & gloves yet? I have not seen anyone
taking precautions yet in me part of Central VA.

link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Maybe it's a lot worse in China because most of the lung cilia in their bodies have been burnt up by white-out levels of pollution/smog? Maybe it's worse because their sanitation is worse? Maybe it's a population density problem and no one ever taught them to stop touching their face? Maybe their government is up to no good? Ok, ok, I take the last one back. We know for sure their government is never up to any good and almost everything they say is some form of lie or misdirection.

Who knows?

If enough people panic, we will rapidly burn through our health care system trying to calm the herd.

Don't touch your face, wash your hands often, stay hydrated and get plenty of rest. Everything else is pig squeal zooting.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Ever have the flu? ... some times it feels like your going to die, even though you have a moderate case of it.

Ever have flu when you think you might actually die from it because that's what the TV told you? ... soon there will be people demanding the test after just a simple cough; if its not already happening.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
blog.nomorefakenews.com...

There's always evil on some ones mind that is in control over their local, nation and worldwide population.

I think his writing serves his bank account well. I wonder if he practices what he preaches.

A school in Bothell, Washington is closed for cleaning when a staffer came to work and reported returning for a week long international trip in which one family member was sick and being monitored.

161 students from Gonzaga University (Spokane, Washington) are being brought home from their studies abroad in Italy. They are asked not to return to campus, and urged to self quarantine at home. Kids tend to think they're invencible, so I hope they heed the advice and don't join their friends for a party or two. It would suck to miss spring break.

I wonder just how thoroughly airplanes are being disinfected. Seems like a plane would be a good vector.

With 2 community colleges 30 minutes from me, and two universities 45 minutes away I expect it won't be long before it erupts here. Hopefully by then they will have discovered some combination of drugs that lesson the effects in the eldery. We've got an astronomically high senior population.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Precisely. That’s what I was looking for, so those that don’t have it will be around people that do at hospitals demanding tests...

That’s probably already happening.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Who knows you could be right, it also could be in the U.S people aren't getting tested so it seems like it's not spreading...It's anyone's guess at this point.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

That's fair. We just don't know.

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join