It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 297
<< 294  295  296    298  299  300 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Here is the main exerpt from an email sent to all employees of Travis County in Central Texas from Judge Sarah Eckhardt. Seems like a pretty mild reaction compared to what has been happening around the world, but in light of the recent cancellation of SXSW, I thought it might be of interest:

"The health of our workforce is our highest priority. Please know that our public health officials are taking appropriate actions to ensure the health and safety of everyone. While there are currently no confirmed cases in the Austin/Travis County area at this time, health officials are testing individuals in accordance with CDC guidelines. Currently, Austin Public Health has received no positive test results for COVID-19.

However, in response to the increasing concerns of COVID-19 across the nation, Travis County and the City of Austin have declared a “local state of disaster” to proactively increase preventative measures and require mitigation plans for events in the region. The declaration was made ahead of this month’s Spring Festival season following recommendations from interim local health authority Dr. Mark Escott, who acted on advice from an independent panel of experts.

While this decision did not come lightly, it was important for Travis County and the City of Austin to remain focused on mitigation strategies that protect the community. These may involve modifications to public gatherings, including places of worship practices or school attendance. We will also be working closely with local hospitals and the business community to increase the availability of hand washing stations, hand sanitizers, messaging and posters to remind people of the importance of personal hygiene."

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying

I was just thinking about the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing after reading this

Because now I’ve recognized by listening to a lot of the media outlets — I was always, ‘Well, maybe this thing is kind of overblown,' " Juwan Howard said. "But I heard this today, the Ivy League, they’re cancelling their conference (tournament). A lot of NBA, hockey as well as other professional leagues are now starting to address it a little bit differently and everyone’s been extremely concerned.

"I am going to communicate this to our team about how our health is the most important thing, and so we will sit down with our medical staff and see what the best way is to move forward with preventing anyone from getting sick.”

DFP

Why is up to the basketball coach to get the team medics together to discuss this? Why isn't the University themselves addressing this with Staff and having meetings with updates?
------

I can really see why everything is a cluster&$#@ NO ONE is on the same page about this virus.
Not doctors,not schools, not governments NO ONE.

Mixed messages lead to chaos.

edit on 10-3-2020 by misfit312 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   
OK, count this as a page marker, its 10.50pm, so i'll leave the updates to the USA guys and after.
Stay safe people.

edit on 10-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: spelling

edit on 10-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: s

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   
US up to 986. 234 today. It is beginning to get real.

coronavirus.1point3acres.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyBalls2
Germany just went to 1565, +341, no new deaths.

FYI

www.worldometers.info...

Expect more cases! Tottenham fans travelled to play Leipzig tonight in the champions league

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Ain't this just grand:

No 10 has admitted the NHS 111 online service has been giving out the wrong advice on coronavirus to travellers returning from Italy, as the number of confirmed cases in the UK rose to 373 and a sixth death was announced.
Returning travellers from the European centre of the outbreak in Italy were still being told all day on Tuesday there was no need to self-isolate if they had no symptoms.

Coming on the same day as the news that a surgeon in Aintree Hospital returned from Italy last week and went back to work before falling ill and testing positive. Now they have to trace everyone he treated and worked with.

I'm not a doctor but I could see that coming. What is the matter here...I feel I'm in some kind of twilight zone.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: checkmeout

There are no words!

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Been following from the beginning of thread 1, only posted one other time.

Well it is officially in my county now too.

www.fox9.com...

30 year old, otherwise healthy individual. I might pull my son from school now.

Edit to add- they are in critical condition in the hospital. Probably one of the ones near me.
edit on 10-3-2020 by llreactionll because: To add info

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Australian Update

Apparently we're up by 13 to 113 today. I'm not going to use the Official Gubment Site, because it's update rate is embarrassing.

This is todays bacon and eggs with brown source

Six more people in New South Wales have been diagnosed with coronavirus, taking the national total to 113.

And while I'm on the subject of embarrassing & government;

‘Bloody shambles’: Confusion and chaos in Australia’s coronavirus testing

“We’re all extremely pissed off,” said Melbourne GP Dr Vyom Sharma, who described the government’s response as a “mess”.

Linky

And the slo-mo train wreck continues. The only potential positive to come out of this, I hope, is that someone in the future documents our gubments repeated failures and compiles them in the big book of "How NOT To Deal With A Virulent Virus Outbreak - An Idiots Guide".

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   

honestly , when this is over , i think there needs to be an international tribunal to discover faults and negligence among scientists (did they create the virus) and doctors

As a category they are trying to attract sympathy in italy for how much they are working now.. They are asking millions and millions of people to accept complete ruin for years to come... Couldn't they prevent it ? YES they could have, even if they acted too late 2 weeks ago it would have made a huge differences in italy

two weeks ago they were happily spreading the virus at their conferences, in their hospitals, in their ERs and clinics
I have specific examples for each of the above but i don't think they are necessary as they are country specific whereas this is exactly what is still happening all over the world (for example the same happened in the UK earlier on in january )

edit on 10-3-2020 by marshaxt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Turkey has joined the chat.

Minister of Health of Turkey confirmed the first coronavirus case of Turkey. It is known that first case is an male. For patient rights, another detail don't shared even city name.

twitter.com...

I'm sure it's not their first case.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: checkmeout

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
a reply to: SuziSurrey

Incorrect.

That’s from a famous psychic’s book which I can’t recall her name right now. On Twitter you can find more posts with her name.

Dean Koontz’s book is a novel and that is not part of it. I read it last week and the setup is eerily coincidental.

Sylvia Browne. As I've said before broken clocks are right twice a day

I believe she was charged for fraud, wasn’t she?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: UFO1414

i trust Turkey about as much as i trust china, wouldnt surprise me erdogan is spreading this thing on purpose. just my thoughts no proof of this

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I'm so sorry the picture is big but here is a table of cases around England by area. The info is a bit out of date as it was updated this morning at 9am, and there are more cases since then, but gives a heads up to where cases area.

Link to the source is:

Table of confirmed cases of COVID-19 in England

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: NxNWest

originally posted by: checkmeout

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
a reply to: SuziSurrey

Incorrect.

That’s from a famous psychic’s book which I can’t recall her name right now. On Twitter you can find more posts with her name.

Dean Koontz’s book is a novel and that is not part of it. I read it last week and the setup is eerily coincidental.

Sylvia Browne. As I've said before broken clocks are right twice a day

I believe she was charged for fraud, wasn’t she?

en.wikipedia.org...

If she wasn't she should have been. Don't get me wrong there is a place for such info but telling people their kids are dead on national TV for kicks isn't it (off topic)

Another Cobra for Boris tomorrow. Will they do anything? I'm thinking the pressure is building. Maybe he will announce all his kids can't be in one place, cos of the crowd they would cause??

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

originally posted by: MonkeyBalls2
Germany just went to 1565, +341, no new deaths.

FYI

www.worldometers.info...

Expect more cases! Tottenham fans travelled to play Leipzig tonight in the champions league

I'm anticipating a spike in numbers for Cheltenham once this race week is over.......thanks a lot Jockey Club! We already have 2 confirmed cases!

Pffft Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissBeck
I'm so sorry the picture is big but here is a table of cases around England by area. The info is a bit out of date as it was updated this morning at 9am, and there are more cases since then, but gives a heads up to where cases area.

Link to the source is:

Table of confirmed cases of COVID-19 in England

Given the size of some of the counties the info is next to useless from PHE in my opinion. Devon has a high number of patients with quite a low population density. Too many folks can afford to travel obvs.

We were given forms to sign for working from home today. At the moment it's voluntary.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   
You would think a surgeon would know better!
We all know on this forum that this virus spreads before you show symptoms! Why does the UK not ever mention that fact?
*goes to bang head against wall*

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: UFO1414

I'm sure it's not their first case.

I doubt that it is, particularly when you consider the following.

Greetings Among Men — When two men meet for the first time, they shake hands and sustain direct eye contact. A reasonably firm handshake would be appropriate. Among close friends and family members, hugs or gentle pats on the back are quite common. Other men may kiss each other on both cheeks as well. You may also see men greeting each other by making their temples touch,Text a greeting among people supporting one of the political parties. Colleagues in business often do not engage in the Turkish kiss.

Fairly efficient way to spread a virus. Probably what happened in Italy and Iran too.

Linky

edit on 10 3 2020 by myselfaswell because: linky

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Someone had mentioned either on this thread or thread #3, that the US was waiting to hit 1000 cases to declare covid-19 a matter of national emergency. We will be hitting those numbers tonight. Let's see what happens.

top topics

<< 294  295  296    298  299  300 >>

join