It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 281
<< 278  279  280    282  283  284 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: drussell41

originally posted by: lostgirl

...once I reached home...I put a can of Lysol spray at the door that goes from our garage to the house, so we can spray the bottom of our shoes before we come inside...

Does lysol kill it instantly or does it need to sit on it for a while? If you just walk off the wet lysol before it has a chance to kill stuff....

I'm wondering: take off your shoes, spray them, and walk inside with just socks? Leave the shoes sitting inside or out, with soles up, for a few minutes?

This What kills Corona Virus has a lot of information regarding the different readily available disinfectants and the length of time need to kill the tiny little buggers.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
www.foxnews.com...

20,000 flu deaths in the US so far

How many infections? 🤔 This is a stupid argument.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Well, my wife just took my 17 year old son to the doctor at 2:30 central standard time.

He has had a serious chest congestion caugh for about 3 weeks. He has been to the doctor twice now.

After waiting forever and then finally being seen by the doctor, they ordered chest x-rays and blood tests. After the xrays and waiting for whatever, he started hacking all crazy and all of the staff around his room donned their face masks. Now I know it is standard operating procedure, but I can tell you that it really opens your eyes when your wife tells you that this is done for your son.

He is awaiting x-ray results. He possibly has pneumonia.

I completely hate the sick season.

To lighten the mood a little, I asked the wife if they needed to purchase any more n-95 face masks because we might could help them out. It was just a joke between us.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying

originally posted by: drussell41

originally posted by: lostgirl

...once I reached home...I put a can of Lysol spray at the door that goes from our garage to the house, so we can spray the bottom of our shoes before we come inside...

Does lysol kill it instantly or does it need to sit on it for a while? If you just walk off the wet lysol before it has a chance to kill stuff....

I'm wondering: take off your shoes, spray them, and walk inside with just socks? Leave the shoes sitting inside or out, with soles up, for a few minutes?

IMHO you could drive yourself crazy thinking about how you could cross contaminate things. Wear gloves to go to the store, touch the cart, then boxes that you take home. Unpack the boxes without gloves, then touch the counter. Kids put their homework on the table, take it to school, now school could be infected. The list can go on and on. In reality I don't think it works quite that way. If I thought about it too much though I would just huddle in a little ball and never move. LOL

Unless you are licking the floor, I would not be too worried about shoes. Maybe clean your hands after taking them off.

Yes, people really don't think it all through. If you go the bathroom and clean your hands, but use the handle to pull the door open to get out, you have just got germs back on your hands. Or if you sit down your phone and then wash your hands and pick the phone back up.

It really is a never ending battle. The only real solution is DON'T TOUCH YOUR FACE and DON'T EAT FOOD YOU TOUCH WITH YOUR FINGERS and DON'T TOUCH YOUR STRAW BEFORE YOU put it in your mouth... unless you wash your hands first. That pretty much eliminates the need for gloves and obsessively washing.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ragiusnotiel

Ever since I saw R Sam Parkers leak weeks ago, I have been following him closely on twitter.

Today he said if you direct messaged him he would send you inside information.

I obliged.

This is what he sent me.

CPAC LEAK

screenshot proof

I guess I need to look up those names, not familiar with either of them (or any of the individuals in the picture).

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01
Well, my wife just took my 17 year old son to the doctor at 2:30 central standard time.

He has had a serious chest congestion caugh for about 3 weeks. He has been to the doctor twice now.

After waiting forever and then finally being seen by the doctor, they ordered chest x-rays and blood tests. After the xrays and waiting for whatever, he started hacking all crazy and all of the staff around his room donned their face masks. Now I know it is standard operating procedure, but I can tell you that it really opens your eyes when your wife tells you that this is done for your son.

To lighten the mood a little, I asked the wife if they needed to purchase any more n-95 face masks because we might could help them out. It was just a joke between us.

Yikes. Yes, it's weird to be in the hospital and see staff panic about something. I've had it done twice, once with each child where they are like, everything will be just fine, this is not big deal, blah blah blah, and then something happens that they hit the panic button and start ordering all sorts of tests, or like in your case, putting on the masks.

Keep us posted.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ShortBus

The only real solution is DON'T TOUCH YOUR FACE and DON'T EAT FOOD YOU TOUCH WITH YOUR FINGERS and DON'T TOUCH YOUR STRAW BEFORE YOU put it in your mouth... unless you wash your hands first. That pretty much eliminates the need for gloves and obsessively washing.

Unless you have any openings (scrapes, cracks, blisters, etc.), then you can get it directly without even eating or touching you face

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   

www.foxnews.com...

Annnd??? 😳

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: RMFX1

www.foxnews.com...

Exactly.

Also, how long has the flu been doing the rounds compared to the corona virus?

Weak trolling I reckon.

(post by mikell removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   

www.foxnews.com...

People like that get all their knowledge from other misinformed people on Facebook 😭

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: elitegamer23

www.foxnews.com...

People like that get all their knowledge from other misinformed people on Facebook 😭

Ah yes the first to receive the Darwin award.

Wowsers things have really escalated overnight, Italy is getting scary now, schools shutting everywhere, our pm urging businesses to stay open offering a stimulus package...oh boy, anyone still thinking this is a nothing burger might just have bees in their brain.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   

www.foxnews.com...

This drives me crazy... THAT IS FOR THE SEASON not THIS year. Basically that's all of last year. Can't compare those numbers to this. The mortality rate for COVID19 is much higher than the flu. That's a fact.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShortBus

originally posted by: liejunkie01

Yikes. Yes, it's weird to be in the hospital and see staff panic about something. I've had it done twice, once with each child where they are like, everything will be just fine, this is not big deal, blah blah blah, and then something happens that they hit the panic button and start ordering all sorts of tests, or like in your case, putting on the masks.

Keep us posted.

Just got the results back.

Everything is all good.

I told him he needs to man up and take his medicine like a real man. Lol
edit on 9-3-2020 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   
225 people sick here in Norway now. The numbers have been rising fast. And it will only get worse. I work at a vet clinic and our mask supplier has run empty because people are buying it all. Pharmacies are also out of masks. People have started hoarding canned food and stuff. But a lot of selfish people don't give a damn, and they are gathering at ski competitions (our government banned people from gathering at the yearly ski fest here in Oslo) and so on, risking spreading the virus even more rapidly.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Coronavirus can travel twice as far as official ‘safe distance’ and stay in air for 30 minutes, Chinese study finds

www.scmp.com...

Airborne.
edit on 9-3-2020 by primalfractal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: primalfractal

Coronavirus can travel twice as far as official ‘safe distance’ and stay in air for 30 minutes, Chinese study finds

www.scmp.com...

So on a day when the wind is blowing at 30mph, a CoronaVirus can travel 15 miles? Good thing it's not very deadly. We'd have a genuine emergency on our hands!

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   
French Culture Minister Franck Riester has tested positive for coronavirus but is said to be doing well - AFP

<< 278  279  280    282  283  284 >>

join