It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 283
<< 280  281  282    284  285  286 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Why doesn't the u.s. news media cover the funerals, or interview people whose relatives have died from Coronavirus? Could it be that they suddenly have a higher level of integrity and character?

Normally, covering grieving families would be right down their ally.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: all2human
a reply to: musicismagic

What is this 'silent' action you are on about
no,i don't get the drift
your link is what i based my post on
i value your input but please be less ambiguous

OK, I'll give you an example:
McDonald's are going to "an employment agency" to hire the handicap to work in their restaurants .
There is a shortage of people to work among the public now.
This is just the beginning.

Yes, a beginning that predated the Coronavirus by years!
www.npr.org...

Japanese lawmakers have passed controversial legislation expanding the number of semi-skilled foreign workers who can live and work in the notably insular nation for up to five years.

Japan has been pressed to make the change because of a critical labor shortage that results from its rapidly aging society and low birth rate.

Japan was using foreign labor heavily to try to stave off a horrible labor shortage in all sectors, including the food industry. Obviously, with travel restrictions between countries in place, Japan is going to be turning to anyone present in Japan to try to keep positions staffed. Has eff all to do with Covid-19...

Shameful to manipulate it to appear otherwise, ya?

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I stopped paying attention to bullcrap while back, sad indeed. I gave the bullcrap the benefit of the doubt a few weeks back. Then, the bullcrap turned to horsecrap one night, so just began ignoring it, it didn’t have sources for the crazy horse crap it was throwing all over the place.

Ya, it's become a Mt Fuji sized pile of late. It is shameful and for someone in a country where shame supposedly still has meaning, I sincerely hope those spreading these flat out lies and misrepresentations hide their faces behind that veil of shame. Their credibility is in the toilet at this point, worse yet some actually trust and believe them, so they're doing far more harm than only to their own reputation.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: primalfractal

Coronavirus can travel twice as far as official ‘safe distance’ and stay in air for 30 minutes, Chinese study finds

www.scmp.com...

So on a day when the wind is blowing at 30mph, a CoronaVirus can travel 15 miles? Good thing it's not very deadly. We'd have a genuine emergency on our hands!

The big assumption is that the people had not acquired the the virus before being on the bus with the known carrier.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying
In the US the numbers (confirmed cases) seem to be doubling every 3rd day since the beginning of March. I posted this on Saturday, and it still seems to be holding true.

If it continues, the numbers get frighting really fast. Now this is just based on observation and speculation, nothing more.

3/2 about 100 cases
3/5 about 200 cases
3/7 about 400 cases

Projected based on doubling every 3rd day:

3/9 about 800
3/11 or 12 about 1,600
3/14 or 15 about 3,200
3/17 or 18 about 6,400
3/20 or 21 about 12,800
3/23 or 24 about 25,600
3/26 or 27 about 51,200
3/29 or 30 about 102,400

I seriously hope that it does not double at that rate. In April we will be in SERIOUS trouble.

Your estimate for 3/9 is close. According to this site tracker we're at 723.

coronavirus.1point3acres.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   

In the US the numbers (confirmed cases) seem to be doubling every 3rd day since the beginning of March. I posted this on Saturday, and it still seems to be holding true.

If it continues, the numbers get frighting really fast. Now this is just based on observation and speculation, nothing more.

3/2 about 100 cases
3/5 about 200 cases
3/7 about 400 cases

3/9 about 800
3/11 or 12 about 1,600
3/14 or 15 about 3,200
3/17 or 18 about 6,400
3/20 or 21 about 12,800
3/23 or 24 about 25,600
3/26 or 27 about 51,200
3/29 or 30 about 102,400

I seriously hope that it does not double at that rate. In April we will be in SERIOUS trouble.

Someone else made crazy predictions based on the trending numbers in China in late January and they were like a million miles off course. So I would assume that number will slow down.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   
A funeral home director in the #Chinese city of Jining discovered some bodies received had death certificates marked with “unidentified pneumonia” as the cause of death.

He became concerned that authorities were covering up
#COVID19 deaths.

Epoch Times Twitter

Still not reporting things correctly. It never ends.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   
In Australia the Government can't even publish the most up to date numbers. Always seems to be 24hrs behind.

www.health.gov.au...-status

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Don't know if this has been mentioned....but as of today the entire country of Italy is now on lockdown. People can only leave their homes if absolutely necessary. People can go to work but only certain kinds of businesses can be open, including malls and markets. Stores must be able to keep patrons one meter apart. Restaurants can be open from 6:00 am to 6:00 pm. All schools are closed.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   

edit on 9-3-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

bnonews.com...

Cases Deaths Serious Critical Recovered
113,960 /3,998 /6,008 /63 /62,593
edit on 9-3-2020 by Joeshiloh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants
Don't know if this has been mentioned....but as of today the entire country of Italy is now on lockdown. People can only leave their homes if absolutely necessary. People can go to work but only certain kinds of businesses can be open, including malls and markets. Stores must be able to keep patrons one meter apart. Restaurants can be open from 6:00 am to 6:00 pm. All schools are closed.

That is the weird part. Only leave your house when it is absolutely necessary. Restaurants are open from 6 to 6 while people need to keep 1 meter distance at least.

Because going out for dinner is an absolute necessity?

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Update: Kentucky now has 6 cases.

Patient 1 is now recovering, she worked at Walmart.......

www.msn.com...

The patient is an employee of the Walmart in Cynthiana, and six co-workers have self-isolated but aren't showing symptoms of COVID-19, according to Crystal Miller, WEDCO public health director. Miller added that the Walmart did not close.

No way to stop it....it will spread to numerous people here in Kentucky.
edit on 9-3-2020 by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tukota

3/2 about 100 cases
3/5 about 200 cases
3/7 about 400 cases

3/9 about 800
3/11 or 12 about 1,600
3/14 or 15 about 3,200
3/17 or 18 about 6,400
3/20 or 21 about 12,800
3/23 or 24 about 25,600
3/26 or 27 about 51,200
3/29 or 30 about 102,400

What is with the discrepancy between the different tracking sites? John Hopkins tracker still shows the US at 605 confirmed. Worldometers shows 624. 607 according to covid19info. Then 723 per 1point3acres. I mean, they can't all be right. Any idea which is considered most accurate??

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dumbass

originally posted by: MissSmartypants

That is the weird part. Only leave your house when it is absolutely necessary. Restaurants are open from 6 to 6 while people need to keep 1 meter distance at least.

Because going out for dinner is an absolute necessity?

Perhaps some older people don't cook and "restaurant" could include take out and fast food.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa
This is concerning, the University of Kentucky Chandler Hospital is running ‘exceedingly low’ on protective equipment.
What will they do when the cases reach double digits tomorrow ?

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Not talking to anyone in particular.

Can we keep this thread open for virus updates and not bickering, please?

I hate scrolling for pages to find news in a thread dedicated for updates.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: RickinVa
This is concerning, the University of Kentucky Chandler Hospital is running ‘exceedingly low’ on protective equipment.
What will they do when the cases reach double digits tomorrow ?

Panic? Seems to be the theme on the News lately.

1 case on Friday to 6 cases on Monday......I would guess there are 24 or more who have it and don't know it yet.

Who knows how many cases by Friday....especially with the lady working at Walmart.

When this hits the rural areas........those small county hospitals are NOT prepared for anything like this.

I have a VA appt this week and my Doctor is from India, and he just got back from visiting relatives last week....makes you wonder about what flights he was on going and coming.
edit on 9-3-2020 by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Occam78

originally posted by: Tukota

3/2 about 100 cases
3/5 about 200 cases
3/7 about 400 cases

3/9 about 800
3/11 or 12 about 1,600
3/14 or 15 about 3,200
3/17 or 18 about 6,400
3/20 or 21 about 12,800
3/23 or 24 about 25,600
3/26 or 27 about 51,200
3/29 or 30 about 102,400

What is with the discrepancy between the different tracking sites? John Hopkins tracker still shows the US at 605 confirmed. Worldometers shows 624. 607 according to covid19info. Then 723 per 1point3acres. I mean, they can't all be right. Any idea which is considered most accurate??

They just update at different times. They are all published in different places... not sure where each is but consider time zones. They are usually close so I look at all of them.

top topics

<< 280  281  282    284  285  286 >>

join