It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 282
<< 279  280  281    283  284  285 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

anyone still thinking this is a nothing burger

Yep, looks like it's just a nothing burger;

MMMmmmmm... ....Burger

Expert warns of higher death rate than China as Sydney outbreak investigated

In China, about 9 per cent of the population are over the age of 65, compared with Australia where it is about 16 per cent.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Your half right, better than usual nothing I suppose.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

so do we believe this news from china but not the numbers? or is this more bs

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

Yep, nothing to see here.

I still can't get my gf to take this seriously, I finally just said well you can only lead a horse to water...she hates me now

Any news you know of on how much testing we are even doing here in OZ ?
edit on 9-3-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: malektaus

From what I can see, everything from China is underreported. So for most data from there, you would have to multiply it by an unknown amount to get the real results.

As to it being airborne, that was likely why they were spraying disinfectant everywhere with giant foggers. I suspected as much then.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Any news you know on how much testing we are even doing here in OZ ?

There is no proactive testing being done. You have to present with symptoms.

To be honest it all reminds me of this scene.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

There is no proactive testing being done. You have to present with symptoms. 

I see, time to join Hillsong then and pray the virus away....

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   

time to join Hillsong then and pray the virus away....

Yep, I suspect that's what Scotty from Marketing would advise.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Italy will expand the lockdown of the Lombardy region to the entire country, Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte said Monday as Italy’s case count surged, making it the country with the most COVID-19 cases outside of China. People throughout the country of 60 million should not travel other than for work or emergencies, Conte said. He added that all public gatherings will be banned and sporting events suspended. The decision was made to protect the most vulnerable people in the country, he said, and the measures will take effect Tuesday and last until April 3.

Nothing to see her folks.. It’s just the flu.

Italy expands its quarantine to the entire country as coronavirus cases and deaths surge

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

Italy is doing the right thing. It worked very well in China.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Any ideas why BNO is not updating for the US? It has been at 551 all day. I am seeing 720 on another tracker.

They seem to be updating for other countries.

bnonews.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   
One thing that really isn’t being talked about much is .....what if something else earth shattering happened?

Could be anything , such as a war or major earthquake or maybe all the stock markets collapsing.

With the problem Coronavirus is causing for all these governments around the world, it would only take one more major major event to forever change the path that humanity was currently on.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: elitegamer23

Last time I looked the stock market was collapsing.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: elitegamer23

i suspect the big one in cali or yellowstone blows. that would be a swift kick in the ding ding,

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   
My 23 yr old daughter is in DC right now, seeing the sights..... when i told her to please be careful because of this virus she said 'oh, that's what's up with all the masks ' so, i guess a lot there are wearing them out and about. Daughter is clueless and a few weeks ago when i asked her to stock up a little just in case she said if we die we die, I'm not stressing. Kids!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   
In the US the numbers (confirmed cases) seem to be doubling every 3rd day since the beginning of March. I posted this on Saturday, and it still seems to be holding true.

If it continues, the numbers get frighting really fast. Now this is just based on observation and speculation, nothing more.

3/2 about 100 cases
3/5 about 200 cases
3/7 about 400 cases

Projected based on doubling every 3rd day:

3/9 about 800
3/11 or 12 about 1,600
3/14 or 15 about 3,200
3/17 or 18 about 6,400
3/20 or 21 about 12,800
3/23 or 24 about 25,600
3/26 or 27 about 51,200
3/29 or 30 about 102,400

I seriously hope that it does not double at that rate. In April we will be in SERIOUS trouble.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: musicismagic
It may contain.... sorry I won't post on this till the facts are in .

Could you please stop doing that? Your posts tend to read like effing cliffhanger episodes and Choose your Adventure children's books. It's irritating and rude. Either say what you have to say or don't, enough of this halfway in... nope, gonna pull back out horsesnip.

Not really but here is an example . I don't have drone footage of Hokkaido, but this is of China in Beijing.

That drone footage was mid February when Beijing was not under any particular restrictions or panic...

I found a walking tour of Hokkaido video filmed yesterday.

Looks quite normal aside from all the folks wearing masks. People are out and about, not panicking, stores seem open, cars are traversing the streets...

I am beginning to wonder about some of the rumors I've seen trying to portray Japan as being on the brink of becoming a collection of ghost towns. No, scratch that... I am not wondering about those rumors at all, I'm calling them out because a search of Hokkaido on Youtube alongside filtering the results to videos uploaded the past week paints a very VERY different picture than the overdramatized bullsnip I've managed to read being used to scare people.

It's shameful.
edit on 9-3-2020 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying

Those number and calculations actually seem pretty good.

Extrapolating further towards the local happenings in the Midwest: I am doubting we have a 'spectator' Indianapolis 500 mile race this year. Instead, at the current rate of change, I believe we might have a 'participants only' type race.

And maybe that is the best thing that can happen, unless we can get this under control before Memorial Day Weekend, but you can put me on record for my own opinion: COVID19 will NOT be under control that soon. Nasty stuff,.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying

It's going to spike once they start using the 100,000 test kits they got yesterday

edit on 9-3-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 279  280  281    283  284  285 >>

join