It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 280
<< 277  278  279    281  282  283 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Hey, now......
This thread is for Corona Virus UPDATES!!!
...not chit chat, political trolling, bigoted comments, medical advice,
ill-mannered remarks toward members or arguing....

Some NON-UPDATE threads here, feel free to join in:
Events and services impacted by Coronavirus

COVID-19 Coronavirus home prevention tips

Cures DB2]: Flu Immunity and Cytokine Prevention

Are you doing anything differently because of Coronavirus?

Diseases and Pandemics:: Medical Disclaimer
This thread is NOT for discussion of alternative medical treatment of illnesses!!!

Members who continue to disrupt will face temporary posting bans. ATS will not allow the few to ruin it for everyone.

Go after the ball not the player.

Community Announcement re: Decorum

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility WILL face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: pasiphae
a reply to: Liquesence

A whole lot more than just him came in contact with that guy and shook hands and talked for a minute or more. Are the rest of them going to do this?

In addition to Cruz, add Paul Gosar to the list: Senator Ted Cruz and Congressman Paul Gosar to Self-Quarantine After Shaking Hands With Coronavirus-Infected Individual at CPAC

Now, Doug Collins, Matt Gaetz, also added to the list of those who have self-quarantined after coming into contact at CPAC.

As an aside, Friday, Collins was at the CDC with Trump, so, if he's a potential carrier, he's come in contact with the president, Purdue, Loeffler, Kemp, and who knows who else.

ETA:

Gaetz was recently on Air Force One with Trump.
edit on 9-3-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   
While everyone is checking the tp and bleach aisles, my family member just checked the beer aisle.
Walmart in Roanoke, Tx is out of beer, except Mike's Lemonade. No beer in the back, no beer in the front.
Zero. So it would seem Texans actually are taking this seriously

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The Netherlands is now at 321 cases (+56 from yesterday). There are several cases in my city and local hospital. For some reason they are still checking whether people went to Italy or wherever. I think it's pretty obvious we're well past that stage already. The virus is here. No need to track that thing to another country, but I guess it makes them feel like super special Superman detectives.

Our corrupt and retarded prime-minister 'Rutte' has announced new MASSIVE prevention measures; Don't shake hands! Yup, that's going to save us! Other than that, no measures needed. All big crowd concerts/sport events can just continue. There's no reason to let the economy take a hit. If we just stop shaking hands it would all go away.

These clowns...

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Also just heard from a friend that everyone going to the VA in Richmond, Virginia is being swabbed at the door.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The president of Italy just said the entire country is now under quarantine.

I guess it will have to stay that way until a vaccine is developed.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Psychoparrot

originally posted by: dollukka
a reply to: missed_gear

in Finland they recommended two meters distance.. but if you think if someone in front of you sneezes it goes first straight forward and then start to flow down and it will land on your trousers/skirt shoes etc... droplets can easily reach you, rest is up to you, what you do.

Which raises an interesting thought I had. Should we disinfect our feet when entering our homes?

Well, it may seem a bit ridiculous, but after an experience of having to leave a sample in a laboratory bathroom with a very dirty floor...

...once I reached home...I put a can of Lysol spray at the door that goes from our garage to the house, so we can spray the bottom of our shoes before we come inside...

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Oleman

Am I missing something on your link??

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostgirl

...once I reached home...I put a can of Lysol spray at the door that goes from our garage to the house, so we can spray the bottom of our shoes before we come inside...

Does lysol kill it instantly or does it need to sit on it for a while? If you just walk off the wet lysol before it has a chance to kill stuff....

I'm wondering: take off your shoes, spray them, and walk inside with just socks? Leave the shoes sitting inside or out, with soles up, for a few minutes?
edit on 9-3-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Ever since I saw R Sam Parkers leak weeks ago, I have been following him closely on twitter.

Today he said if you direct messaged him he would send you inside information.

I obliged.

This is what he sent me.

CPAC LEAK

screenshot proof

edit on 9-3-2020 by ragiusnotiel because: proof

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks
Thanks. Correct Link:
Illinois Declares Disaster Proclamation

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: drussell41

originally posted by: lostgirl

Does lysol kill it instantly or does it need to sit on it for a while? If you just walk off the wet lysol before it has a chance to kill stuff....

I'm wondering: take off your shoes, spray them, and walk inside with just socks? Leave the shoes sitting inside or out, with soles up, for a few minutes?

IMHO you could drive yourself crazy thinking about how you could cross contaminate things. Wear gloves to go to the store, touch the cart, then boxes that you take home. Unpack the boxes without gloves, then touch the counter. Kids put their homework on the table, take it to school, now school could be infected. The list can go on and on. In reality I don't think it works quite that way. If I thought about it too much though I would just huddle in a little ball and never move. LOL

Unless you are licking the floor, I would not be too worried about shoes. Maybe clean your hands after taking them off.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oleman
a reply to: slapjacks
Thanks. Correct Link:
Illinois Declares Disaster Proclamation

Anyting our governor does is for money. We had seven people infected with coronavirus and two of those have fully recovered and going on about their lives.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

I had a lengthy chat about all this with my daughter over the weekend. She works in an animal virology lab here in the UK.
She pretty much explained this to me then.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: FamCore

Maybe it's time for a one world government.

As long as one country messes up it can contaminate other countries.

Even though the virus is a nothingburger, it still has people panicking because that is human nature.

I’m just surprised people still think it’s just a “nothingburger”.

You would think with everything that is happening on the world stage in 2020 people wouldn't hold onto such naive thinking.

I’m sure Wallstreet is just freaking out over a “nothingburger”, because you know it’s human nature .
edit on 9-3-2020 by elitegamer23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

I had a lengthy chat about all this with my daughter over the weekend. She works in an animal virology lab here in the UK.
She pretty much explained this to me then.

Rainbows
Jane

Can you tell us her take on things based on what she knows of virology? Thanks!

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: elitegamer23

I’m just surprised people still think it’s just a “nothingburger”.

I am trying to understand the psychology of people who feel a need to repeatedly post in a resource and situation surveillance thread, trying to convince people that "there is nothing to see here, move along."

edit on 9-3-2020 by Oleman because: spelin

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Midlands, US update. Columbus, NE East Central District Health Department has opened an Emergency Operations Center to address COVID-19 as a community response for Boone, Colfax, Platte, and Nance counties. This seems to be a response to the Fremont, NE special Olympics case.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Brick17

Just want to say thanks for your updates, I'm also in UK, South West, I've been checking for an update from yourself, so thanks again

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

20,000 flu deaths in the US so far

top topics

<< 277  278  279    281  282  283 >>

join