It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 277
<< 274  275  276    278  279  280 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dumbass

originally posted by: MonkeyBalls2

originally posted by: pasiphae

OK, bear with me here.

Update from French Live Feed at 17h39 local time :

Americans exhorting their old people to stock up on goods and prepare to stay home.

"Les Etats-Unis exhortent les personnes âgées à faire des stocks et à se préparer à rester chez elles"

www.20minutes.fr...

They have just reposted the same thing again, at 18h55 local time.
One line, and no link to any article i can find.
Same feed :

www.20minutes.fr...

edit : The Only thing that comes to mind, would be an unofficial bit of info from the US Embassy in Paris, for its Elderly US Residents in France.

It says this:

5:39 pm: US urges seniors to stock up and prepare to stay at home

US health officials have urged the most vulnerable, the elderly and those with chronic illnesses, to stock up on supplies and medicine to prepare for staying at home.

"Make sure you have stocks, including blood pressure and diabetes medications, and other common medications to treat fever and other symptoms," said Nancy Messonnier, an official with the US Centers for health control and disease prevention (CDC).

"Have enough household goods and supplies to prepare yourself if you ever have to stay at home for a while," she added.

Easier to quarantine the susceptible than the whole population.
60 or 70+ should do it, but for 14 days or more ?

(to anyone : Does that still exist in the UK by the way ?)

As long as an infection is still spreading you would have them separated from the rest. If you stick to the two weeks of being infectious you should start those two weeks after the last one is infected.

So please don't think such a 2 week lock down would resolve the issue. It's gonna take a whole lot longer.

Then the old people are going to either have to stock for a very long time, or someone is going to have to help them along from time to time with deliveries.

The US says to prepare for "a while". OK, we're not talking two weeks, but months ? 6 ?

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Close the schools for sanitization, then let all the kids that the employee may have infected right back into the schools.
These moves are not what needs to happen.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   
German and Spanish numbers have increased, and it looks like there has been a death in the Netherlands ?
didn't notice that earlier.

www.worldometers.info...

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Close the schools for sanitization, then let all the kids that the employee may have infected right back into the schools.

How about this. Close the schools and have grandma and grandpa watch the kids, so parents can work.

More elderly deaths to come.
edit on 9-3-2020 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I am curious if any studies have been done on HIV+ people and their susceptibility to the corona virus.

. The country has the highest number of people afflicted with HIV of any country, and the fourth-highest adult HIV prevalence rate, according to the 2019 United Nations statistics.[1]
According to a UNAids dataset sourced from the World Bank, in 2019 the HIV prevalence rate for adults aged 15 to 49 was 37% in Swaziland, 25% in Lesotho, 25% in Botswana and 19% in South Africa.[1]

Link

If so, then the effects of NCOV-19 here will be horrendous.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Romania closes all schools to fight coronavirus outbreak

Romania National Committee for Special Emergency Situations decided on Monday, March 9, to close all the schools in Romania starting Wednesday, March 11, until March 22, amid the growing number of coronavirus cases in the country.

www.romania-insider.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: deltaalphanovember
I am curious if any studies have been done on HIV+ people and their susceptibility to the corona virus.

. The country has the highest number of people afflicted with HIV of any country, and the fourth-highest adult HIV prevalence rate, according to the 2019 United Nations statistics.[1]
According to a UNAids dataset sourced from the World Bank, in 2019 the HIV prevalence rate for adults aged 15 to 49 was 37% in Swaziland, 25% in Lesotho, 25% in Botswana and 19% in South Africa.[1]

Link

Aren't you immuno-depressed anyway with HIV ?
So more susceptible to infection, especially something new and contagious like this ?

I would think so, but i'm not a Doctor.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   

German and Spanish numbers have increased, and it looks like there has been a death in the Netherlands ?

www.worldometers.info...

Just hit 4,000 (reported) global deaths. I'm sure it's much higher than that.

www.worldometers.info...

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Observationalist

originally posted by: butcherguy

How about this. Close the schools and have grandma and grandpa watch the kids, so parents can work.

More elderly deaths to come.

They needed to close the campuses and start online schooling before the virus got its foothold here.
Every district in my county has Chromebooks for every student from middle school on up.
It is too late now.
edit on b000000312020-03-09T14:14:03-05:0002America/ChicagoMon, 09 Mar 2020 14:14:03 -0500200000020 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: UFO1414

Romania National Committee for Special Emergency Situations decided on Monday, March 9, to close all the schools in Romania starting Wednesday, March 11, until March 22, amid the growing number of coronavirus cases in the country.

Madrid just followed suit.

Madrid (Spain) closes every kindergarten, school and university for 15 days

elpais.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   

www.worldometers.info...

Just hit 4,000 (reported) global deaths. I'm sure it's much higher than that.

www.worldometers.info...

And 112 Countries and Territories.
Was only a couple of days ago we hit 100.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Link

So more susceptible to infection, especially something new and contagious like this ?

That's what I was thinking, but something else occurred to me. There have been reports that the HIV drugs have been used somewhat successfully to treat NCov-19. This will lead to shortages of those drugs for HIV patients. A bit of a vicious cycle.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Madrid just followed suit.

Madrid (Spain) closes every kindergarten, school and university for 15 days

elpais.com...

Thanks a LOT for the links by the way.
These are exactly the types of updates we need in this thread, from local (or national) news outlets.
I only have a couple of UK based news sources, and one or two French.
After that i'm SOL. Not got a great number of links for news usually lol...Thanks again.

edit on 9-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

My pleasure. I'm back at work this week so I have time to update the thread, lol. Thanks to everybody that is contributing (I was reading the thread this week-end to keep up to date).

edit on 9-3-2020 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Link

That's what I was thinking, but something else occurred to me. There have been reports that the HIV drugs have been used somewhat successfully to treat NCov-19. This will lead to shortages of those drugs for HIV patients. A bit of a vicious cycle.

I would have thought HIV Drugs would hit everything, like a very-wide band antibiotic mix, because any infections left over would probably kill the patient.
i can see why it would work for COVID-19, but its seems more like an overkill response, and would leave you very open for infection for some time to come.
Risk of reinfection would be hard to weigh against "sticking it out" if you are in the right age/health group.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ComebackLogic
I was on a low dose of carbimazole for a thyroid issue, I stopped taking it a month ago as I figured it was a bad time to be immunosuppressed. That said, a particularly nasty flu like virus laid our family low in Mid-January as reported by many. My partner is in her mid thirties and non smoker, she had it the worst to the point she saw the doctor and was prescribed antibiotics for an infected lung on one side, my 17yo daughter who smokes lightly was also pretty badly affected. I am a 38yo smoker on medication to suppress my immune system and I had a slight cold for a couple of days and my usual smokers cough was slightly worse for a week or so. Maybe it was my immune systems apathetic response to what seemed a nasty flu type illness that ensured I didn’t suffer with the worst of the symptoms? Certainly an interesting thought given the reports of cytokine storm in cases of Corona lately. Maybe a *slightly* suppressed immune system could even be beneficial. Add it to the vast list of speculative unknowns we are currently wading in.
a reply to: drussell41

Wow. I hope that wasn't it, but whatever it was, I'm glad you're okay now!

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Its hot here right now for this time of the year, so I was dousing out back for water, and I came across some old burried bones. Back in time I had some training on how to interpret them, but that gift has long since passed so I gathered them up and took them to an acknowledged expert.

What you have to bear in mind about the following is that this is erm basically what you would call a shaman, but its essentially an elder from an old tribe that still has little to do with the modern world and civilisation.

I have visited them a few times, and after the usual rituals I was taken to the tent where the elder was waiting. I was quite ready to leave but they were heavily into some ayahuasca ceremony, and I felt compelled to wait.

I have never taken part in one of these, and still dont intend to, sadly I am too much of a wuss, and even with the promise of spiritual awakening, the physical discomfort puts me off.

I cant really do justice to what I witnessed, but I can pass on the take home message, and it went along the lines that whatever the world is witnessing now, is not the real danger. The Shamen talked a lot about a beast lurking behind a lamb, and I dont really understand what they were trying to say, but at the end of it when they would normally come to their senses, they stood up, turned away and walked off. They never came back and I was lucky to be allowed to leave, as apparently I brought the devil.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: AmmoniaMudhemp

You may have the wrong thread.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

If kids can weather the virus better than the elderly then Why not keep them at school where they could more easily be monitored. Mandatory hand washing before they enter class and leave class, or other precautions. But now kids will be running around town going to Sizzler with grandma and her friends for lunch. Kids can spread it faster than anyone.

I’m not liking where any of this is going.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Observationalist
a reply to: butcherguy

If kids can weather the virus better than the elderly then Why not keep them at school where they could more easily be monitored. Mandatory hand washing before they enter class and leave class, or other precautions. But now kids will be running around town going to Sizzler with grandma and her friends for lunch. Kids can spread it faster than anyone.

I’m not liking where any of this is going.

Keeping tons of people enclosed under one roof is the best way to have it spread, where it will find its way to all of those children's homes.... including the ones where they already live with grandparents.
This is why they are closing schools in other countries and cancelling mass attendance events, like conferences and sporting events.
edit on b000000312020-03-09T14:36:45-05:0002America/ChicagoMon, 09 Mar 2020 14:36:45 -0500200000020 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 274  275  276    278  279  280 >>

join