It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 274
<< 271  272  273    275  276  277 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Oh, this is rich.

I see an alert on my phone that Gov Kemp is preparing a State park outside of metro Atlanta for potential Corvid patients. Being curious, I open the article, and what do I see....

It's a State park about 15 minutes from my house I love to go hiking once a week or so.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ComebackLogic

From that Daily Fail link they are seeking 24 volunteers not 3.5k as Crazeeworld stated.

Still not seen where supermarkets have stopped accepting cash and are only accepting cards.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
Seeking volunteers here in England for 3.5k to be guinea pigs in clinical trials

Any takers?

Count me in! You got a link??

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   
More on the latest UK death:

Professor Chris Whitty, chief medical officer for England, said the patient had been treated at the Royal Wolverhampton Hospital.
The patient, in their 70s, had had underlying health conditions.
"It appears the virus was acquired in the UK and full contact tracing has begun," Mr Whitty said

www.bbc.co.uk...

So I interpret that to mean they were in hospital and weren't diagnosed until close to or after death?

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: nolabel

I read it as in £3.5k to be paid if you take part?
edit on 9-3-2020 by BowBells because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   
US up to 619 confirmed now. NY takes the lead at 142.

I live in NY, upstate, but seriously thinking the kids will not go to school next week.

coronavirus.1point3acres.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Thanks for posting that link as some people here don't believe what i post! I have no reason to lie!

As for the supermarkets not taking cash thing, I heard it on skynews but it may have been 'MIGHT stop taking cash', this is due to the virus being able to stay on cash for several days!

Anyways, if you use ATM's, you better wear gloves from now on.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying

I live in NY, upstate, but seriously thinking the kids will not go to school next week.

They shouldn't be going... but I think they won't close them until there are cases in each school district.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: MrRCflying

They shouldn't be going... but I think they won't close them until there are cases in each school district.

My fear too. I was considering keeping them out this week, but decided to give it one more week. We will see how things progress through the week I guess. We are almost a 4 hour drive from where it is, but that does not mean much with modern travel.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

Thanks for posting that link as some people here don't believe what i post! I have no reason to lie!

As for the supermarkets not taking cash thing, I heard it on skynews but it may have been 'MIGHT stop taking cash', this is due to the virus being able to stay on cash for several days!

Anyways, if you use ATM's, you better wear gloves from now on.

No worries, I’d literally laughed at that story about thirty minutes before you posted. Quite why they want to infect 24 more people when there are already hundreds, soon to be thousands, of already infected subjects, I am unsure.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
link for those wanting to see proof of the 3.5k on offer for clinical trials! Only seeking 24 people at present.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Get PAID to have coronavirus: Scientists in London will pay volunteers £3,500 to be infected in experiments to develop a vaccine for the deadly virus

Volunteers could be paid £3,500 to be infected with the coronavirus as scientists race to find a vaccine. The Queen Mary BioEnterprises Innovation Centre, London, is recruiting 24 people for the study. They will be injected with two weaker strains of the deadly virus – which has killed more than 3,800 people worldwide – giving them similar respiratory symptoms. A jab developed by the company Hvivo will then be tested. Patients will remain in quarantine for two weeks to see if it is successful.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   
OK, bear with me here.

Update from French Live Feed at 17h39 local time :

Americans exhorting their old people to stock up on goods and prepare to stay home.

"Les Etats-Unis exhortent les personnes âgées à faire des stocks et à se préparer à rester chez elles"

www.20minutes.fr...

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Three British skiers have been hospitalized in Austria with coronavirus after contracting the most 'aggressive virus strain' in Italy

Three British skiers have been hospitalized with coronavirus in Austria after contracting a more aggressive strain of the killer bug, reports suggest. Three men - aged 61, 44 and 49 - had been staying in Italy before going to a busy ski resort in Saalbach in the middle of the winter season. The seven other people in men's group who have not been infected remain quarantined at the VIP resort. The rest of the hotel's guests, its staff and owner all tested negative and have not been quarantined.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Currently watching the WHO Live feed here :

www.youtube.com...

And also, Paris Stock exchange (CAC40) is down 8.39% apparently.

edit : The Head of the WHO is coughing on the livefeed.
Not on camera.
edit on 9-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Public schools in my hometown are closed because staff member at one of the schools stayed at a hotel where there was an active coronavirus case (staff member is showing symptoms of a cold currently)

Also my partner (1st grade teacher) in a district 2 towns over has a all-hands-on-deck meeting to discuss potentially closing.

I'm guessing that would mean school year goes into the summer to make up for lost time

It's in my state now, wasn't sure if it would happen but with confirmed cases and everything going on at my work and my spouse's it's clear that we are at the early stages and the state of things is escalating quickly

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Head of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey tests positive for the coronavirus

Rick Cotton, the executive director of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, has tested positive for the coronavirus, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said at a news conference today.

Cotton is under quarantine and will continue working from home, Cuomo said.

His senior team will be tested and placed under quarantine, according to Cuomo.

Cotton could have contracted the illness because he had been working around the airports, Cuomo said.

Link

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Denmark just tripple our known cases in 1 day.... officially at 90 cases now.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   
From the WHO Live Feed, they are talking a lot about how China and S.Korea have managed really good.
(Implying we should emulate their methods/actions).

Talking a lot about Contain and Mitigate.
Control.

"It can still be contained, as some Asian countries show shown, China, Japan, S.Korea."

My Thought :
Seeing as how both China and S.Korea shut down entire cities (as has Italy, which has also shut down entire provinces), and that Japan has Cities/Prefectures under "Voluntary" quarantine.

I really wonder if this would work in the UK, France, The USA ?
edit on 9-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff

edit : I wonder if its time to brush off the CB radio yet.

edit on 9-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff again

edit2 : WHO Livefeed over.
edit on 9-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: flice
Denmark just tripple our known cases in 1 day.... officially at 90 cases now.

If this has any merit and a second strain afoot...perhaps more figures as yours posted will follow in more locations:

The coronavirus that causes Covid-19 can linger in the air for at least 30 minutes and travel up to 4.5 metres – further than the “safe distance” advised by health authorities around the world, according to a study by a team of Chinese government epidemiologists.

The researchers also found that it can last for days on surfaces where respiratory droplets land, raising the risk of transmission if an unsuspecting person touches it and then rubs their face and hands.

The length of time it lasts on the surface depends on factors such as temperature and the type of surface, for example at around 37C (98F), it can survive for two to three days on glass, fabric, metal, plastic or paper.

These findings, from group of official researchers from Hunan province investigating a cluster case, challenge the advice from health authorities around the world that people should remain apart at a “safe distance” of one to two metres (three to six and a half feet).

Full article: SCMP Science

We will soon see...

mg

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   
From the Guardian Livefeed at 5.05pm :

At the press conference in Downing Street Prof Chris Whitty, the UK government’s chief medical adviser, has been speaking.

Whitty says soon coronavirus will spread “really quite fast”.

Whitty says within about 10 to 14 days the government will advise people with even minor respiratory tract infections or a fever to self-isolate. But is because by that point the chances of their having coronavirus will be much higher than they are now.

Link

top topics

<< 271  272  273    275  276  277 >>

join