It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 275
<< 272  273  274    276  277  278 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyBalls2
From the WHO Live Feed, they are talking a lot about how China and S.Korea have managed really good.
(Implying we should emulate their methods/actions).

Talking a lot about Contain and Mitigate.
Control.

"It can still be contained, as some Asian countries show shown, China, Japan, S.Korea."

My Thought :
Seeing as how both China and S.Korea shut down entire cities (as has Italy, which has also shut down entire provinces), and that Japan has Cities/Prefectures under "Voluntary" quarantine.

I really wonder if this would work in the UK, France, The USA ?

edit : I wonder if its time to brush off the CB radio yet.

edit2 : WHO Livefeed over.

Yeah it was really contained well in asia... its now on the whole world šŸ˜‚šŸ‘ŒšŸ»šŸš€šŸ˜œ.
I can only see a fear of total breakdown in those countries where it was seemingly ā€žcontainedā€œ the just contain numbers and information. Like china destroying all data currently... that alone is speaking for itself whats really going on. Stocks falling worldwide 8% a day. Bitcoin 10%.

Yeah well... looking at data i must say this will end where nobody wants to be.

First two dead in germany now.
Anyway this cannot be stopped. Its like the flu, only even more contagious. This one Webasto guy in Milano infecting literally a chain of 7-8000 others is a good starting point for how contagious this is.
edit on 9-3-2020 by Strifingsoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Hey L... I feel for you. I also love the great outdoors, and that is a bit too close for comfort. On the other hand though, you can observe the site, and give the rest of us here on ATS real time updates. I wouldn't wish that on anyone though, regardless. Sorry for that news.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Another case popped up in Nashville Tn.
www.wjhl.com...

The patient is an adult female in Middle Tennessee. Health officials Sunday confirmed the first case known in Davidson County.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Kansas lady announced on Sat/Sun, just checked into a local hospital.

No updates on her condition, if it was precautionary or because of downgrade of her health.

www.kmbc.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: missed_gear

in Finland they recommended two meters distance.. but if you think if someone in front of you sneezes it goes first straight forward and then start to flow down and it will land on your trousers/skirt shoes etc... droplets can easily reach you, rest is up to you, what you do.
edit on 9-3-2020 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Every Migrant from North Africa's favorite destination (after Turkey), The Island of LesBos, just confirmed it first case.

From French Livefeed at 18h20 local time :

www.20minutes.fr...
edit on 9-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: spelling

edit : From Guardian Live Feed just now :

5.18pm 17:18

At the press conference Boris Johnson says he is no longer shaking hands. At his press conference last week, he said he was still shaking hands with people.

edit on 9-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   
1,797 new cases in Italy with another 97 deaths today.

www.worldometers.info

total cases 9172. total deaths 463.

not looking good for Italy

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Italy's numbers just came in on Worldometers :

9172 Total, thats +1797 for the cases.
463 Deaths, +97.

Waiting for France's numbers...

www.worldometers.info...

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
1,797 new cases in Italy with another 97 deaths today.

www.worldometers.info

total cases 9172. total deaths 463.

not looking good for Italy

No it isn't, and a LOT of people fled friday night (or saturday night, right when it was announced), by almost any means possible.
Yay for spread.

edit on 9-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: spelling

edit on 9-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   
+76 new cases in the US bringing total to 617

www.worldometers.info

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

fled to where??

edit on 9-3-2020 by CrazeeWorld777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   
New Italy numbers are frightening. Completely out of control.

Coronavirus in Italy: 16 million people under forced quarantine

www.aljazeera.com...

www.worldometers.info...
edit on 9-3-2020 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

fled to where??

Anywhere but there i would expect. If you look at the map, south is to Italy, North would be to Switzerland or France, and so, many are fearing they went south.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   
From the French Live Feed at 18h40 local time :

Italy is stopping all sports events and championships until the 3rd April.
ALL Ski stations are to be closed.

www.20minutes.fr...

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Doctor who treated first US case of coronavirus says patients with mild symptoms can recover at home

Dr. George Diaz, the section chief for infectious diseases at Providence Regional Medical Center in Everett, Wash., told "America's News HQ" on Sunday that most patients infected with the coronavirus can recover at home and do not need to be hospitalized.

"Most folks that are infected with this virus will have a mild disease ā€” won't need to come to the hospital, won't have to be admitted," Diaz said.

"Those people at low risk, there's really not much at this point that needs to be done for them in terms of staying home while they're ill," he added.
"Most folks that are infected with this virus will have a mild disease ā€” won't need to come to the hospital, won't have to be admitted," Diaz said.

"Those people at low risk, there's really not much at this point that needs to be done for them in terms of staying home while they're ill," he added." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Continue

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I found a good read about New and old virus behavior.

Harvard

The consequence is that new viruses ā€” like pandemic influenza ā€” can spread outside the normal season for their longer-established cousins. For example in 2009, the pandemic started in April-May (well outside of flu season), quieted in the summer (perhaps because of the importance of children in transmission of flu), and then rebounded in September-October, before the start of normal flu season.Ā Seasonality does not constrain pandemic viruses the way it does old ones.Ā This pattern isĀ common for flu pandemics.

There is some pretty good info in this article.

I've noticed a lot of people have been taking to the "seasonal flu" side of things.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

Omg šŸ˜± I didnt think it could get much worse than yesterday.. wtf has happened there to make it so bad?? Frighteningly I saw in sky News an 'expert' saying that here in the UK we should probably watch Italy as an idea to how it will be here.. which is not comforting at all.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Hi everyone!

I came across a chart comparison of the virus, common cold and influenza. It could be helpful for those amongst you who may be poorly and want to figure out if you've been bitten by the virus.

I saw this in my Twitter feed. The source is the WHO, but I can't find it on their website. I have no idea how old it is, nor how appropriate it is for different strains of the virus.

Take is with a spoonful of salt. Hypochondriacs need not look, you already know you have them all.
edit on 9-3-2020 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Look at Spain's numbers, they've flown under the radar, but they too look like they have an aggressive strain. It's going to blow up there soon.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Karyotype
Doctor who treated first US case of coronavirus says patients with mild symptoms can recover at home

Dr. George Diaz, the section chief for infectious diseases at Providence Regional Medical Center in Everett, Wash., told "America's News HQ" on Sunday that most patients infected with the coronavirus can recover at home and do not need to be hospitalized.

"Those people at low risk, there's really not much at this point that needs to be done for them in terms of staying home while they're ill," he added.

"Those people at low risk, there's really not much at this point that needs to be done for them in terms of staying home while they're ill," he added." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Continue

Whats bad from that though, is that those people with Mild symptoms will nopt beleive they have it, and will never consult, and will go on working and travelling, like it was just a normal flu.
How do you sort that out, without testing everyone ?

top topics

<< 272  273  274    276  277  278 >>

join