It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 276
<< 273  274  275    277  278  279 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21
Look at Spain's numbers, they've flown under the radar, but they too look like they have an aggressive strain. It's going to blow up there soon.

Its on a road to pass France and Germany at that rate, and soon...
Did they just find a cluster or something ?

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   
well the Philippines has gone from 10 cases yesterday, to 20 cases earlier this afternoon. now at 24 cases as tonight. it seems the more they test, the more cases there are. and the worrying thing is the millions of poor people, that are typically packed into illegal squatter settlements like sardines. and for whom even going to the doctor is at best a last ditch hail Mary, since they can't afford it.

schools have also now been canceled until Saturday. which is pretty stupid. since the school year is over pretty much at the end of the month anyway.

The president also suspended classes in Metro Manila from March 10, Tuesday to March 14, Saturday. "Tingnan natin incubation period," he said, referring to the supposed time the virus can live on surfaces and latch on to a human carrier.
www.philstar.com...

travel history for some of the new cases includes the UAE, Australia, Taiwan and Japan.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad
a reply to: Liquesence

Hey L... I feel for you. I also love the great outdoors, and that is a bit too close for comfort. On the other hand though, you can observe the site, and give the rest of us here on ATS real time updates. I wouldn't wish that on anyone though, regardless. Sorry for that news.

Yeah, there are no imminent plans to put people there, only in the event it's needed. That said, another article said they already brought in some isolation trailers, so depending on where they are in the park (I have a couple of ideas, but some places are gated and require special access), I might could get some pics.

It's a pretty rural area, though.

link   
Fifth coronavirus-related death in the UK announced

f7td5.app.goo.gl...

Sent via @updayUK

link   
It's to late for us here in the UK we still have flights coming in from Italy every day.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   
First Canadian Death breakout news..
vancouversun.com...
edit on 9-3-2020 by Dolby_X because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   
double post

edit on 9-3-2020 by Dolby_X because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   
From The Guardian Live Feed at 18h02 local time :

Israel to require 14 days quarantine for everyone entering the country, whatever the provenance.

Link

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   
French Numbers in :

1412 Cases, +203
30 Deaths, +11 ( so 9 more than announced during the day).

www.worldometers.info...
edit on 9-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added link

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyBalls2
OK, bear with me here.

Update from French Live Feed at 17h39 local time :

Americans exhorting their old people to stock up on goods and prepare to stay home.

"Les Etats-Unis exhortent les personnes âgées à faire des stocks et à se préparer à rester chez elles"

www.20minutes.fr...

They have just reposted the same thing again, at 18h55 local time.
One line, and no link to any article i can find.
Same feed :

www.20minutes.fr...

edit : The Only thing that comes to mind, would be an unofficial bit of info from the US Embassy in Paris, for its Elderly US Residents in France.

edit on 9-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   
It will be interesting to keep an eye on China's numbers as they ramp up their workforce again this week. See if they have beaten this, or if it all goes downhill again for them if the virus becomes rampant there again.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: FinallyAwake
Fifth coronavirus-related death in the UK announced

f7td5.app.goo.gl...

Sent via @updayUK

And once again, it sounds like this is a case that was in hospital - unwell but wasn't tested/confirmed until either critical or had died. Not reassuring at all. The staff must all be walking corona around the hospital now.

There was the 1st case in Guernsey today too - someone who returned from Tenerife - it doesn't say whether it was the hotel that had been on lockdown? Does anybody know more. I trust Bowbells is doing ok - I know you returned a few days ago from your posts.

gov.gg...

The figures coming out of Spain seem pretty scary...

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   

OK, bear with me here.

Americans exhorting their old people to stock up on goods and prepare to stay home.

"Les Etats-Unis exhortent les personnes âgées à faire des stocks et à se préparer à rester chez elles"

www.20minutes.fr...

Same feed :

www.20minutes.fr...

edit : The Only thing that comes to mind, would be an unofficial bit of info from the US Embassy in Paris, for its Elderly US Residents in France.

It says this:

5:39 pm: US urges seniors to stock up and prepare to stay at home

US health officials have urged the most vulnerable, the elderly and those with chronic illnesses, to stock up on supplies and medicine to prepare for staying at home.

"Make sure you have stocks, including blood pressure and diabetes medications, and other common medications to treat fever and other symptoms," said Nancy Messonnier, an official with the US Centers for health control and disease prevention (CDC).

"Have enough household goods and supplies to prepare yourself if you ever have to stay at home for a while," she added.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: pasiphae

OK, bear with me here.

www.20minutes.fr...

Same feed :

www.20minutes.fr...

It says this:

US health officials have urged the most vulnerable, the elderly and those with chronic illnesses, to stock up on supplies and medicine to prepare for staying at home.

"Make sure you have stocks, including blood pressure and diabetes medications, and other common medications to treat fever and other symptoms," said Nancy Messonnier, an official with the US Centers for health control and disease prevention (CDC).

"Have enough household goods and supplies to prepare yourself if you ever have to stay at home for a while," she added.

Cheers

One of my (many) blockers must have blocked a pic or something.

Easier to quarantine the susceptible than the whole population.
60 or 70+ should do it, but for 14 days or more ?
Leave it up to self judgement ?
Set up a "Meal on Wheels" system for them ?

(to anyone : Does that still exist in the UK by the way ?)
edit on 9-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Damn. Netanyahu announced that anyone entering Israel from abroad must self-quarantine for 14 days—including citizens. Anyone who can't self-quarantine will not be allowed entry. CNN

Benjamin Netanyahu has announced that anyone entering the country from abroad —Israeli citizens and foreign nationals alike — must self-quarantine for 14 days.

Those foreign nationals who are unable to demonstrate to Israeli border authorities that they will be able to self-quarantine for two weeks will not be allowed to enter the country.

All Fulton County, GA public schools will be closed tomorrow, Tues, March 10, after employee tests positive for Covid-19. WSB

An employee with the Fulton County School System has tested positive for coronavirus, officials said Monday.

The school system is immediately dismissing the impacted schools.

Officials said the employee is being treated at a local hospital.

All schools and offices will be closed on Tuesday, March 10 with additional closures being decided.

“This closure will allow us to clean and sanitize affected schools as well as share additional details of our ongoing plan,” officials said in a statement. “Updates regarding this concern will be shared via additional emails and the district website.”

Wow.

edit on 9-3-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

It says this:

A few days ago they were saying you don't need to stock up. All the real preppers are just rolling their eyes in disgust.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   
my oldest is on spring break this week and i got a text from the isd that they will be disinfecting all the schools in the district this week. so far though no known cases in my area. guess well ses what happens next week

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: checkmeout

I'm fine thank you. I work at a preschool and they asked me to stay off last week but I'm back to work tomorrow. No signs or symptoms here we stayed around 30mins from the hotel involved.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   

OK, bear with me here.

www.20minutes.fr...

Same feed :

www.20minutes.fr...

It says this:

Easier to quarantine the susceptible than the whole population.
60 or 70+ should do it, but for 14 days or more ?

(to anyone : Does that still exist in the UK by the way ?)

As long as an infection is still spreading you would have them separated from the rest. If you stick to the two weeks of being infectious you should start those two weeks after the last one is infected.

So please don't think such a 2 week lock down would resolve the issue. It's gonna take a whole lot longer.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: deltaalphanovember

It says this:

A few days ago they were saying you don't need to stock up. All the real preppers are just rolling their eyes in disgust.
masks don’t work either, and it’s just the flu.... /S

new topics

top topics

<< 273  274  275    277  278  279 >>

join