It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 273
<< 270  271  272    274  275  276 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   
They could put a few more zeros onto that and i still don't think i would volunteer

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
Seeking volunteers here in England for 3.5k to be guinea pigs in clinical trials

Any takers?

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I think most countries are avoid the early mass quarantine and flight restrictions and quarantine all travelers is that, they likely don't have the infrastructure to do it and enforce it. Additionally, doing so ADMITS there is a problem which is more likely to cause panic.

But the most import factor in any quarantine is that IT WILL END, and when it ends, you will have the same issue all over again, people bringing it in from other areas, thus you really just extend the time you have to deal with the problem all the while everyone is going stir crazy that don't have the sickness.

In the case of restricting flights is that you stop people from returning home, healthy or not.

Even closing down a school for 2 weeks does nothing to stop the spread of the virus. Because those two weeks those kids are out doing MORE things and being exposed to more people and perhaps even traveling such as over spring break, and so they bring back MORE germs that they otherwise would not have been exposed too had they just stayed in school the entire time. Granted, if someone brought in the Corona Virus to the school, then I could understand it. But, at some point you have to make up for the time lost.

One of my daughters, a senior, already has to go to school for 4 hours and 3 minutes on a day that was previously planned as a no-school day, so they can get in the required time before graduation, which happens to fall a week earlier than normal because of the calendar, May 12th. That's assuming they don't have anymore snow days, or germ days or whatever. They also have to go to school the day before graduation, after they are all done with finals, to make up that time.

We have had 5 snow days, a KC Chiefs Super Bowl Parade day, and a Power Outage day, in which a car accident caused the power to be cut off from the building and entire day.

I would imagine though, if schools have to shut down for 2 weeks here and there, or longer, that the State might make an exception for schools on required amount of time needed to be considered a full school year, because I think the last thing they would want is to force kids to return beyond the end of school, to have even more exposure to Corona.

I think if we think this ONE thing will fix the virus spread, we need to think more long term and outside our box and then we realize, wow, making any decision, be it to test EVERYONE like South Korea, or test only 10 people (sarcasm), like here in the USA, has both positive and negative repercussions. Because even in South Korea, if you get tested and come back negative, next week you might be positive, and you may assume you don't have it because you were just tested the week before.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Quite honestly folks... with news coming from Israel, UK and even here in the USA with trials starting as well, we likely could have a vaccine in as little as 3 months. Once this happens, there will be a big sigh of relief, and then the new thread on ATS will be about, the dangers of the vaccine. lol.
edit on 9-3-2020 by ShortBus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: cirrus12
This reads really frightening to me - is this permanent lung damage? And seems a high percentage and so affects all ages in this way? Or am I reading that wrong?
a reply to: Liquesence

Not sure.

CT Features of Coronavirus Disease

Initial CT scans—The initial chest CT studies of the 51 patients with COVID-19 showed that disease affected all five lobes in 38 (74.5%) patients, both lower lobes in eight (15.7%) patients, the right lower lobe in three patients (5.9%), the left upper lobe and right lower lobe in one patient (2.0%), and the left upper lobe and right middle lobe in one patient (2.0%). The lesions were predominantly peripheral and subpleural in 49 (96.1%) patients, and there were fewer lesions along the bronchovascular bundles.

GGO and consolidation are two main signs of COVID-19 lesions on CT images. CT showed singular or multiple irregular areas of GGO or consolidation or both in 49 of the 51 (96.1%) patients. In the remaining two (3.9%) patients, neither GGO nor consolidation was seen on CT (Table 2).

We noted additional signs of COVID-19 lesions on CT images. CT showed ill-defined GGO or consolidation (Fig. 2) with vascular enlargement in 42 (82.4%) patients (Fig. 3), interlobular septal thickening appearing in a crazy-paving pattern in 36 (70.6%) patients, the air bronchogram sign in 35 (68.6%) patients, air trapping in six (11.8%) patients (Fig. 2), and “reversed halo” sign in two (3.9%) patients (Fig. 4).

Follow-up CT scans—As of February 19, 24 patients with an initial chest CT examination showing lesions suggestive of a viral infection had undergone follow-up CT, one of whom had five follow-up CT examinations. The mean time between the initial and follow-up CT studies was 5.0 days (range, 2–15 days).

For the patient with five follow-up CT examinations, CT showed increasing density of consolidation on the first and second follow-up studies, which indicates marked disease progression, and showed findings suggestive of improvement on the third and fourth follow-up studies; however, the increasing number of GGOs detected on the fifth follow-up CT study suggested mild disease progression (Fig. 6).

Follow-up CT showed mild or marked disease progression in 18 of 24 (75.0%) patients. As the disease advances, the upper lobes are affected, even all five lobes of both lungs in some patients. In five patients, follow-up CT showed improvement with the appearance of fibrosis and resolution of GGOs.

Misdiagnosis of coronavirus disease— COVID-19 was misdiagnosed as a common infection in two patients on the basis of CT findings. The patients were inpatients in the rehabilitation department. CT of one patient showed opacities and consolidations along the bronchovascular bundles and unilateral pleural effusion. CT of the other patient showed dense consolidation in the subpleural area without GGO.

Entire article: American Journal of Roentgenology: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Role of Chest CT in Diagnosis and Management

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I was on a low dose of carbimazole for a thyroid issue, I stopped taking it a month ago as I figured it was a bad time to be immunosuppressed. That said, a particularly nasty flu like virus laid our family low in Mid-January as reported by many. My partner is in her mid thirties and non smoker, she had it the worst to the point she saw the doctor and was prescribed antibiotics for an infected lung on one side, my 17yo daughter who smokes lightly was also pretty badly affected. I am a 38yo smoker on medication to suppress my immune system and I had a slight cold for a couple of days and my usual smokers cough was slightly worse for a week or so. Maybe it was my immune systems apathetic response to what seemed a nasty flu type illness that ensured I didn’t suffer with the worst of the symptoms? Certainly an interesting thought given the reports of cytokine storm in cases of Corona lately. Maybe a *slightly* suppressed immune system could even be beneficial. Add it to the vast list of speculative unknowns we are currently wading in.
a reply to: drussell41

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   
4th death in UK, From Live feed at 15h39 local time :

Professor Chris Whitty, chief medical officer for England, said the patient had been treated at the Royal Wolverhampton Hospital.

The patient, in their 70s, had had underlying health conditions.

"It appears the virus was acquired in the UK and full contact tracing has begun," Mr Whitty said.

(Quote from later post update on BBC.)

www.bbc.com...

edit : Sao Paolo Stock Exchange closes temporarily for 30 mins after 10% loss.

From Live feed at 16h13 :
www.20minutes.fr...
edit on 9-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff

edit on 9-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added quote

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ShortBus
Quite honestly folks... with news coming from Israel, UK and even here in the USA with trials starting as well, we likely could have a vaccine in as little as 3 months. Once this happens, there will be a big sigh of relief, and then the new thread on ATS will be about, the dangers of the vaccine. lol.

More like in 3 years that the vaccine will be available to the general public

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   
this video is analogous to the general public's reaction to the virus.

twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Germany announces first two deaths related to Coronavirus.

16h45 from live feed :

www.20minutes.fr...

edit : As Sweden confirms first local transmission of the Virus , BBC at 15h48 local time :

www.bbc.com...
edit on 9-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz5
this video is analogous to the general public's reaction to the virus.

twitter.com...

twitter.com...

I ilked this reply.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Cyprus has had two confirmed cases, which brings the Epidemic to every EU Country.

16h48 from live feed :

www.20minutes.fr...

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

Supermarkets around the UK are beginning to take cards only as payment, no more cash!

Have you got a link or any proof of this?

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Tweet from Andrew CUOMO :

Andrew Cuomo (@NYGovCuomo)

UPDATE: There are additional confirmed cases of #Coronavirus in NYS, bringing total to 142.

Westchester: 98
NYC: 19
Nassau: 17
Rockland: 4
Saratoga: 2
Suffolk: 1
Ulster: 1

We continue to expect more positive cases as we test.
March 9, 2020

From Guardian Live Feed at 3.32pm local time.

-replaced by working link above-

Update on the German cases from The Guardian , same feed as above :

A spokesman for the health ministry in the western state of North Rhine-Westphalia said an 89 year-old woman had died in the town of Essen and another patient had died in the highly affected region of Heinsberg.

The authorities in Heinsberg are due to hold a press conference at 6.30pm local time, at which they are expected to give more details.

edit on 9-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added link

edit on 9-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: fixed link

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Pneumonia always make scars on your lunghs. Scars stay, it depends how badly your lunghs will be scarred , how it will affect your life.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: primalfractal

It will also change how americans think of the economy and healthcare. imo.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ShortBus

Doesn’t the fact so many countries are rushing to get a vaccine out sorta add credibility to the idea that this virus is something to be worried about , and it’s not like the seasonal flu at all?
edit on 9-3-2020 by elitegamer23 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-3-2020 by elitegamer23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Seeking volunteers here in England for 3.5k to be guinea pigs in clinical trials

Again, any proof or a link to show this is true.

Or is half the stuff you are posting just made up BS?

Please post links when making your claims.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: nolabel

Again, any proof or a link to show this is true.

Or is half the stuff you are posting just made up BS?

Please post links when making your claims.

Volunteers could be paid £3,500 to be infected with the coronavirus as scientists race to find a vaccine.

www.google.co.uk... e.html
edit on 9-3-2020 by ComebackLogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Is vitamin D deficiency to blame for lung disease?

Treat vitamin D deficiency to prevent deadly lung attacks

Huge amount of people around World have vitamin D deficiency .

With vit D deficiency come lung ilness ( even without corona virus ) and scarring in lungs is very possible, that`s lung damage .

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz5

Oh...scary...

top topics

<< 270  271  272    274  275  276 >>

join