It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 271
<< 268  269  270    272  273  274 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Just disregard. My bad.
edit on 9-3-2020 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

You edited your post as I was typing a responss.

All is well
edit on 9-3-2020 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   
You're doing the doom prophets around here a great disservice and you're discrediting any real information that's being dropped.

You seem to actually want this to happen.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Four more cases in Ontario, Canada announced today. All “travel related” they say. The travellers came from Germany, France, Washington DC and Colorado. One the other day came from Las Vegas.

Something occurred to me as I read that these are travel related and not local spread... if they stayed in place in any of those origin spots, would they not be considered community spread? Funny how they play with words to make it seem like an imported travel case is not as important as a community case. They were community cases somewhere else and now they are here. It’s only a matter of time before we have more community cases.

It is truly a global situation now, though.

As we entered the hospital yesterday to visit my fiancé’s brother who is in for a pacemaker implant, the first signs said to report if you had symptoms AND travel to or had contact with anyone from mainland China. Only mainland China. That was yesterday. A little outdated... later, through the hospital, there were other signs that mentioned Italy, Hong Kong, Japan, etc. but at the entrances they are giving outdated criteria. And that’s one of our hospitals.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Supermarkets around the UK are beginning to take cards only as payment, no more cash!

Is this a pre-lude to cashless society? Is this the 'control' the Government wanted??

Supermarkets and other businesses can put limits on how much people can spend or worse still, the banks can stop people from buying by simply crashing the ATM's.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   
SOUTH AFRICA UPDATE:
4th Case now confirmed. That's 4 in 5 days - I think from next week we will start getting increasingly larger numbers as it follows the pattern of infection for the rest of the world.

A couple in KZN, a 45-year-old man in Pietermaritzburg and a 38-year-old in Pietermaritzburg have tested positive for the virus. One case in the North West caused concern but tests have since indicated a negative result

News24
edit on 9/3/2020 by deltaalphanovember because: larger

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Just a while ago, I said Spains new cases so far today was 237, now it's updated to 362.

www.worldometers.info

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
Supermarkets around the UK are beginning to take cards only as payment, no more cash!

Is this a pre-lude to cashless society? Is this the 'control' the Government wanted??

Supermarkets and other businesses can put limits on how much people can spend or worse still, the banks can stop people from buying by simply crashing the ATM's.

There are more than 14 millions Americans that do not have bank accounts.

no banks

I think the cashless thing would be a bit of a problem here.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: deltaalphanovember

Been waiting to see if Africa's numbers rise, its inevitable they will.

Is South Africa the main hub for travel around Africa? Like London is the main hub for travel around the UK?

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: FinallyAwake
a reply to: musicismagic

Hi, I appreciate your posts.

Any predictions for the UK?

We have 2 new cases here on the South Coast, I think 8 total in our county.

www.bournemouthecho.co.uk...

Thanks
FA

So a lad i work with has been told to self isolate until he can get a test.

Its getting far too close for my liking!

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
a reply to: deltaalphanovember

Is South Africa the main hub for travel around Africa? Like London is the main hub for travel around the UK?

OR Tambo in Johannesburg is Africa's busiest airport, handling 21 million passengers in 2017. Handles flights to and from most African destinations as well.

Wikipedia

Just a matter of time I guess.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: KingDoey

originally posted by: FinallyAwake
a reply to: musicismagic

Hi, I appreciate your posts.

Any predictions for the UK?

We have 2 new cases here on the South Coast, I think 8 total in our county.

www.bournemouthecho.co.uk...

Thanks
FA

So a lad i work with has been told to self isolate until he can get a test.

Its getting far too close for my liking!

Wow we really are neighbours!

Looks like PM's aren't working properly (like the rest of the site! 😒)

Are you prepped?

I'd say I'm 80% prepped for about 6-8 weeks isolation, still feel I haven't done enough.

This is the 1st time I've ever prepped, my gut says it's the right thing to do.
👍🏻

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   
They're halting trading for 15 minutes on the NYSE because S & P dropped more than 7% after opening bell - if it drops 20% they will halt trading for the rest of the day.

Some of this is oil related (OPEC seemingly collapsing) but a lot of that is indirectly a result of CV as well. Things are heating up

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   
This is a really great site.

You can hover a state and when you scroll down it lists every county the positive cases are in for that state, and how they became infected. It's interesting in MA, so many of the positive cases came from that one BIOGEN conference.
coronavirus.1point3acres.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   
BBC Live new feed:

Swedish central bank official 'tests positive'

The deputy governor of the Swedish central bank, Martin Floden, has tested positive for coronavirus, a bank spokeswoman is quoted by Reuters news agency as saying.

How long does the virus live on surfaces??

It seems Boris has conceded defeat. The virus will spread in a significant way.

If only there was something we could do/could have done about that??

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   
When voluntary quarantine isn't really voluntary.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

I wonder if this is true... and if it is, this is really scary and very odd

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   
SOUTH AFRICA UPDATE.
Now 7 confirmed infected in South Africa. Probably all from the same group that just came back from Italy.

News 24

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I went to the drs this morning to make a routine appointment for next week. I came back from Tenerife 1 week ago and they were not so sure about seeing me.. booked me in eventually though. They were not take prescription requests or letters etc over the desk, they all had to go in letter boxes.

Sitting here on tenterhooks waiting to see the UKs 2pm update..

Eta: 46..up to 319 - no more deaths
edit on 9-3-2020 by BowBells because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-3-2020 by BowBells because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
They're halting trading for 15 minutes on the NYSE because S & P dropped more than 7% after opening bell - if it drops 20% they will halt trading for the rest of the day.

Some of this is oil related (OPEC seemingly collapsing) but a lot of that is indirectly a result of CV as well. Things are heating up

The drag on trading is from: Exxon Mobile, Chevron then JP Morgan Chase and Boeing...top losers ATM...for obvious reasons given the Covid19 and added oil posturing

Market Watch (good readable updates)

An oil war has started. OPEC+ sinking market to get Russia in line upon refusals to cut production as demands fell due to the Covid19, manufacturing drops.

Oil Price (also easy reads no need for full market knowlege)

mg

new topics

top topics

<< 268  269  270    272  273  274 >>

join