It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 257
<< 254  255  256    258  259  260 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ragiusnotiel
hit my county last night (volusia, fl)

Travel, apparently. Wont disclose location.

Thank you for this update. I hadn't heard this news yet and we have so many relatives in Volusia County, including our 87 year old mother-in-law. If you hear more, please share.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tukota

Thank you for this update. I hadn't heard this news yet and we have so many relatives in Volusia County, including our 87 year old mother-in-law. If you hear more, please share.

Article mentioned a rep from R Deltona, might be in Deltona although everythings hush hush.

Bike week just started.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
Add Kansas.
(Did we already have Kansas? Who is left? Ohio...etc. Places that couldn't test?)

Johnson County woman has tested positive for coronavirus, making first confirmed case in Kansas

TOPEKA, Kansas — Kansas has its first case of the new coronavirus, officials announced Saturday.

The Johnson County woman infected with the virus appears to have contracted her illness while traveling in the northeastern United States, state and local public health officials said at a Statehouse news conference early Saturday evening. She was tested earlier this week for COVID-19.

Although the woman marks the first confirmed case of coronavirus in Kansas, she was among 80 people in Kansas being monitored for the infection. Most are being monitored because they traveled to other countries where the virus is spreading most quickly.

S ource

I think I counted that we were down to only 19 states that didn't have a confirmed case as of late last night. we'll see if that can hold up today: Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, North & South Dakota, Iowa, Michigan, Ohio, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Alaska, West Virginia, Ohio, Michigan, Maine, Connecticut, Delaware.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Bike week just started.

My brother-in-law sent pics last night from bike week. It looks jam-packed in Daytona Beach!

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tukota

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
Add Kansas.
(Did we already have Kansas? Who is left? Ohio...etc. Places that couldn't test?)

Johnson County woman has tested positive for coronavirus, making first confirmed case in Kansas

TOPEKA, Kansas — Kansas has its first case of the new coronavirus, officials announced Saturday.

The Johnson County woman infected with the virus appears to have contracted her illness while traveling in the northeastern United States, state and local public health officials said at a Statehouse news conference early Saturday evening. She was tested earlier this week for COVID-19.

Although the woman marks the first confirmed case of coronavirus in Kansas, she was among 80 people in Kansas being monitored for the infection. Most are being monitored because they traveled to other countries where the virus is spreading most quickly.

S ource

I think I counted that we were down to only 19 states that didn't have a confirmed case as of late last night. we'll see if that can hold up today: Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, North & South Dakota, Iowa, Michigan, Ohio, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Alaska, West Virginia, Ohio, Michigan, Maine, Connecticut, Delaware.

Ct has a positive

ct

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ragiusnotiel

Michigan on list twice...so 17 with CT removed too as noted above?

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Sirius/XM radio has dedicated channel 121 into Coronavirus info. It is even available for free to non subscribers.
You may be able to get it on the app if you don't have a radio.

I just heard about it on a different channel and just switched to it, so I don't have an opinion on its content

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Tukota

I know someone in Maine being quarantined awaiting test results.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I'm in a similar boat - woke up to find out 10 hours ago officials confirmed the first case in my home state (in Vermont) with no comment on where the confirmed case is located...

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ValentineWiggin

I know someone in Maine being quarantined awaiting test results.

Same here in Michigan in the Lansing area. And I've read accounts on Twitter of sick people in Ohio that have been asking for testing but being told they don't qualify. I suspect that over the next 24-72 hours that list of 17 states with no cases will change a lot. Assuming they roll out the tests.

Oleman did say last week that they would not be readily available until this week and he/she was right about that!

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Everyone needs to stop comparing the cfr rate between this and the flu. (Yes, I was guilty of it myself).

They are close but there is NO WAY to know until a study of the general population is taken. Really when you are dealing with a few percentage points like this, data collection methods can really skew the data. It could be much less, exactly the same or worse.

I'm leaning towards it's being less than the flu for all but the very ill. If you only test the people sick enough to go the the hospital, you are really going up the percentage.

I'm also curious about the lack of personal accounts floating out on the internet. There should be hundreds by now. I read five. Two of them were from the cruise ship - had mild to no symptoms- and said their spouse did not have it.

One thing I'm 99.99% sure is that it's not a coincidence this virus started right by the lab that was experimenting with the virus. There's a couple theories on what this could mean.

I'm guessing but I realize I could be wrong, this will subside in the summer and in the fall they will have a covi vaccination.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2

I was thinking this as well. We should be able to read plenty of personal accounts by now. Maybe I’m not looking in the right place?

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   

A month ago, there was news that 3 individuals returning from China were voluntarily self quarantining for 14 days in Grand Rapids Michigan area. Never seen any updates on what their statuses were after the 14 days though.

Feb 11 2020 News source

edit on 3 8 2020 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

I am going to lean into the whole, "this is ATS... if it was out there, it would already be part of a post."

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Tin foil ( aluminum?) hat time.

What if the elites made a plan to ether
A. create a real super virus or
B. create the illusion of a virus.

Then wait till the stock market falls. Buy up every thing and poof the virus is cured or gone.
Thus giving them all even more power.

If the virus is real they make it so its highly contagious but only lives in the population for a short time. Or they have the cure before they release it.
If the virus is just hyped up most will believe that they never got sick because they had money for self quarantine.
Has anyone made a thread documenting where the elites are?

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thunderheart
a reply to: Novaroc
Sorry but this sounds fake.
In a nursing home setting the "patients" are reffered to as "residents", its instinctive to the point of it feeling weird saying "patients".
Plus the Director of Nursing is reffered to as "DON" not "DNS".
This is nationwide.
(Im a traveling RN)

I've read similar things that match up to that post and it's NOT JUST A LONG TERM CARE FACILITY. There are patients. Some are in there for rehab. Rehab patients are not residents so I can fully see why they would call them patients. There were 2 family members at the presser who had parents who were in there for rehab.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Get ready whashington if you have familly outside go visit them !

NEW: Washington state Governor Inslee says he's considering "mandatory measures" to stop the spread of coronavirus

twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I feel almost as if I'm in an alternate reality at times. I'm reading everything on here ...watching the news...watching the case numbers rise but then I go outside and everything is (thankfully) normal. I'm going to the supermarket where the only thing out of stock is the hand sanitizer, I'm going to work as normal , people are walking about and apart from my parents who I've convinced to prepare for this no one seems to give two hoots. I feel sometimes I'm going mad just now. There is one case "on my doorstep" but when I leave the house it's as if this doesn't exist. I put together a load of supplies and dropped them off at my sons house because I was so concerned that he had no extras in his house. It's very surreal here

Just a thought though.. we are being told to cough/sneeze into out elbows. How long would this survive on clothing? Obviously clothes are washed but how many people wash heavy jackets after only one wearing?

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daughter2
Everyone needs to stop comparing the cfr rate between this and the flu. (Yes, I was guilty of it myself).

They are close but there is NO WAY to know until a study of the general population is taken. Really when you are dealing with a few percentage points like this, data collection methods can really skew the data. It could be much less, exactly the same or worse.

I'm leaning towards it's being less than the flu for all but the very ill. If you only test the people sick enough to go the the hospital, you are really going up the percentage.

Just be aware, that if you are going to compare to the flu except those at high risk and underlying conditions, you need to do the same for the flu. You will find the age/pre-existing conditions spread very similar for the flu.

So even if you only look at young healthy demographics, it will still likely be many times the flu, just that both numbers (flu and CV) will be much less than the overall.

Also, people should be aware that flu statistics are not actually compiled/recorded. They numbers used by the CDC etc. are extrapolated via a mathematical model based on smaller-scale data sets and some estimates of unreported numbers based on other models.
edit on 8-3-2020 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: RMFX1

Its already here clearly. The dutch government are not doing enough to stop spread. Things like closing schools.

Id close all restaurants and bars too, no cinema.

It will be an inconvenience for some and come at a cost but less people will die.

Right now they aren't doing anything except for releasing numbers.

The dutch government ain't doing nothing. Rutte with his lying face and rotten smile just wipes it away. Nothing happening, just work, pay taxes, more taxes, gas nonsense, groenlinks nonsense. Such BS this government. Traitors they are, in the old days we knew what to do with liars, traitors and stuff. They numbed the dutch people done to sheeps, cattle, and most people eat it as sweet candy. I'm disgusted!

Update for march the 8th 2020 --->

Total infected 265.

3 people passed away.

5 march 2020 + 40 cases
6 march 2020 + 46 cases
7 march 2020 + 60 cases
8 march 2020 + 77 cases

The numbers are going up, I blame the government for this. They are acting pretty silly, nothing to see and if there is something to see please look the other way and walk along. This doesn't concern you!

The Dutch government is failing hard, it's mind blowing. Concerts can continue, next weekend a huge 'Wie is de Mol' live ending in Amsterdam, sport continues, no schools closed. No testing, no nothing.

T

edit on 8 3 2020 by Toinski because: Added text.

top topics

<< 254  255  256    258  259  260 >>

join