It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 256
<< 253  254  255    257  258  259 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Nucleardoom

Right I'm fine with you skewing my argument. Because it's becoming boring since you have left the main topic of people self diagnosing behind.

I can appreciate that testing isn't being done on the necessary scale in the US. Which Is why I used the UK figures as a comparative. Now if you were suggesting the US is seeing infections on a scale greater than Italy , South Korea and iran combined then why aren't overcrowded hospitals all over the news? Why do you only have 19 deaths? Because testing isn't being done? ...possibly, Or because the level of infections isn't that significant YET.

Just to add, latest update says 447 cased and 19 deaths. That gives 4.2% cfr. Again that fits with the figures seen everywhere else. If 20000 were infected you'd have dead bodies piling up, tested or not that would surely make the news as suspected Covid19 deaths.

That's my thinking.
edit on 832020 by MuldersMate because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I believe he is 47, so should stand a better chance at recovering.

Ahh, which part of Italy?

My fiance's father is from Italy, in the Molise region. His parents are currently with us in the UK, but lots of aging relatives over there. Worrying stuff.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: MuldersMate
a reply to: Nucleardoom

Right I'm fine with you skewing my argument. Because it's becoming boring since you have left the main topic of people self diagnosing behind.

I can appreciate that testing isn't being done on the necessary scale in the US. Which Is why I used the UK figures as a comparative. Now if you were suggesting the US is seeing infections on a scale greater than Italy , South Korea and iran combined then why aren't overcrowded hospitals all over the news? Why do you only have 2 deaths? Because testing isn't being done? ...possibly, Or because the level of infections isn't that significant YET.

That's my thinking.

I agree though I don't think you'd see overcrowding of hospitals (yet), because most are being told to self isolate, even confirmed cases. They will not be admitted until they have difficulty breathing.

Others, who are told they have flu etc are being treated the same way (my Mrs for one). If there are deaths, cause of death can be registered as any number of causes. We have seen at least 2 cases in Spain where they have gone back to check cause of death, and found they were infected, but many places won't do this, especially if they are trying to hide such things.

This does "delay" overwhelming hospitals, and also "delays" panic, and "delays" market impact. This is the "delay" strategy we hear so much about. Unfortunately it also increases spread, building a bigger bubble that will have a much greater impact on healthcare, panic, and the markets when it bursts.
edit on 8-3-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: reworded for clarity

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: MuldersMate

Everyone wants to be special and ahead of the curve.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Oppenheimer67

Point well made. I'd hope they aren't trying to cover up after the flak China took from the rest of the world. I still think they did pretty well, although no idea what's going on over there now.

I guess we will find out over the next 2 weeks as the incubation period comes to an end for those unknown infected at present.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   
SOUTH AFRICA UPDATE:
Third case just reported. Wife of the first case - the 2 children are negative so far but in quarantine.

The wife of SA's first novel coronavirus patient has been diagnosed with Covid-19.

This brings to three the number of South Africans diagnosed with the novel coronavirus.

"This morning we have received results of the direct contact of the first patient, his wife. She had also travelled with him to Italy as part of a group of 10. I now wish to advise the public that she has tested positive for Covid-19 and is therefore the third confirmed case in South Africa," Health Minister Dr Zweli Mkhize said on Sunday.

"We expect the results of the other six group members who had travelled to Italy within the next 48 hours," Mkhize said. "It is important to advise the public that the couple's children were tested and their results have come out negative.

"However, as part of taking extra precautions, these children will remain in self-quarantine until their parents have tested negative. At that point, they will also be tested to ensure that they remain negative. Until then they will be regarded as potentially infected. This means they will continue not attending school. This is in an effort to curb the risk of spread to other children and teachers."

News24

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   
hit my county last night (volusia, fl)

Travel, apparently. Wont disclose location.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ragiusnotiel

With all the travel and tourism through the state it's only a matter of time before it hits hard and fast here, and just in time for the snowbirds to take it north with them too.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Saudi Arabia Halts International Travel Into Country Over Coronavirus Concerns

Saudi Arabia has canceled all international travel into the country due to the coronavirus. That's affecting Muslims around the world who were planning pilgrimages this year to the holy city of Mecca.

Four new cases of the Covid-19 coronavirus were confirmed in Saudi Arabia on Sunday, the Ministry of Health announced.

The ministry said that three of the infected cases were female citizens who had been in contact with infected people in Iran. The fourth case, a male citizen, was coming from Iran via the UAE, and had not disclosed at the Saudi port that he had gone to Iran.

This brings to 11 the total number of confirmed cases in the Kingdom.

Source
Source

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thunderheart
a reply to: Novaroc
Sorry but this sounds fake.
In a nursing home setting the "patients" are reffered to as "residents", its instinctive to the point of it feeling weird saying "patients".
Plus the Director of Nursing is reffered to as "DON" not "DNS".
This is nationwide.
(Im a traveling RN)

Stay safe out there. You probably could be considered a high risk group for catching this

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid
a reply to: ragiusnotiel

With all the travel and tourism through the state it's only a matter of time before it hits hard and fast here, and just in time for the snowbirds to take it north with them too.

DeSantis is a joke, bike week should have been cancelled. The revenue it brings in will not make up the costs this outbreak will create.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: asdfa
a reply to: MuldersMate

Everyone wants to be special and ahead of the curve.

Oh snap I thought you were talking about the trolls in this thread for a minute 🤪

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Just a quick math figure. Confirmed cases in the US have doubled every 3 days since the first of march. We stand at 400+ right now.

If it continues at that same doubling rate, we are looking at 51,000+ confirmed cases by the end of the month.

Will it continue at that rate? Don't know. It is concerning though.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: elitegamer23

It depends of the client and their network really ( are they visited by friends and relatives and how often.. what network these have and so on ).
High risk group are nurses working in hospitals , there are thousands of patients coming and going every day. People touching places and their faces, reading while they wait their turn etc.. it is a jungle really.

And if patient is nursed in his/her home, don´t go out much or at all.. disease comes from those who are close to him/her.. most likely a nurse or relatives
edit on 8-3-2020 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   
7 more deaths in spain

2 more in Netherlands

1 more in Switzerland

Bangladesh reported their first 3 cases

www.worldometers.info

UK just posted their biggest jump to date with 64 new cases
edit on 8-3-2020 by CrazeeWorld777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Well now we've gone and done it. Bloody Mary's are doomed.

Coronavirus Panic Causes Vodka Run For Homemade Sanitizer

The story is so incomprehensibly and poorly written I won't quote it but, you get the idea. Everclear for the win, apparently.

Poorly penned source - maybe they sampled the product.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   
UK confirmed now at 273 up from 206 yesterday.

Link

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   
UK up to 273 confirmed cases.

Supposed to be going on training event at end of week, in a busy conference centre. Last time there was about 40 of us in a small room, from all around UK...........mmm!?

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Update from Chile. This might interest some of the people living in USA, specially New York.

Source in spanish - Source in english

8th positive coronavirus case was announced today. A woman, 83 years old. They claim she is in stable condition and she is being quarantined in the hospital, not in her house, because of her age.

Why this might interest you? Because she didn't travel. She was visited by a relative that lives in New York, USA. That relative traveled to Chile unknowing she/he had the virus. Once she/he got back to New York she/he fell seriously ill with pneumonia and tested positive for the virus. It doesn't say what county in New York does that person live. But the people infected should be way higher. With only 74(?) confirmed cases in New York and this person had it. What are the chances?

Stay safe people

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Add Kansas.
(Did we already have Kansas? Who is left? Ohio...etc. Places that couldn't test?)

Johnson County woman has tested positive for coronavirus, making first confirmed case in Kansas

TOPEKA, Kansas — Kansas has its first case of the new coronavirus, officials announced Saturday.

The Johnson County woman infected with the virus appears to have contracted her illness while traveling in the northeastern United States, state and local public health officials said at a Statehouse news conference early Saturday evening. She was tested earlier this week for COVID-19.

Although the woman marks the first confirmed case of coronavirus in Kansas, she was among 80 people in Kansas being monitored for the infection. Most are being monitored because they traveled to other countries where the virus is spreading most quickly.

S ource

edit on 8-3-2020 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

<< 253  254  255    257  258  259 >>

join