It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 259
<< 256  257  258    260  261  262 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Hello everyone again, during the last couple of weeks I couldn't give much of an update concerning Colombia, as there were no known cases. However, I always knew that whenever one case was confirmed this would mean the end of this country. I said it, and now it's happening.

The goverment didn't have any sense of travel restrictions. People coming from Europe were not being tested (and they are still not). They just ask people arriving if they are feeling fine lol. And now, the new security protocol is to ask people if they are coming from Italy, Spain or USA. Of course most people will lie.

On February 26th, a 19 year old Colombian girl arrived from Milan. From Feb 26 to March 2, she went to many places; among them a party and a Sunday service. Finally on March 2, she developed a fever and decided to go to a clinic that is 300 meters away from me! This is supposedly one of the best hospitals in my country, but they took more than two days in sending a blood sample of hers to the national laboratory that checks for this virus. Then that institute took other two days to confirm she has the virus. The only good thing about this is that from March 2 to last Friday she remained at the hospital.
Upon the goverment confirming she had the virus and that the fever had been treated (probably with acetaminophen lol) they decided to send her home to self quarantine along with her parents (according to the goverment the idea is to keep her at home, and "they trust the parents won't get the virus while living with her") Let me remind you, the parents spent many days with her previous to going to hospital, they are obviously infected now and yet they remain going to their job. Also, I'm sure at least some people that was in that party got the virus as well, and let's not mention those at the Sunday service + those that were in the Airfrance plane along her.

All this, and the fact that people are still freely coming from USA and Europe, means that this will be worse than Wuhan. I'm honestly not exaggerating. Is a very similar situation to the one of South Korea with that crazy cult. Except that Koreans are much more organized, smarter and less individualistic. There's probably hundreds already infected in my city, maybe in other cities as well. Mark my words: the situation here will quickly become apocalyptic (in general there's no bed availability in clinics during the year) . As a 30 year old man with immunosuppression (I got a kidney transplant) and a 69 year old mom, I can only thank that we have been stocking food for at least 2 months. We will try to not go out and at the end of month buy for at least 3 months more. The plan now is to make it for as long as one can... I have passed at least through three near-death situations last decade, this woke me up to value love in life and what trully matters. My soul is at peace knowing I have done good deeds mostly.

Concerning other countries:

Last Friday it was unveiled that an Italian student living in Saint Petersburg, Russia was positive for the virus. Now the dormitories are closed. I don't like Putin (as in general I think he's very evil) but one cannot deny that the guy is tremendously smart and is acting proactively concerning this virus.
edit on 8-3-2020 by Willyblake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Willyblake
Well none of that sounds good! Glad you are able to stock up on food and stay in as much as possible. Not a lot of people can do that. Keep us posted!

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

Philippines records first community transmission of coronavirus, now has six cases

www.reuters.com... USKBN20U0A5
about to get real in Manilla

The case involves a 62-year-old male Filipino who had not traveled abroad recently. His 59-year-old wife has also been infected, bringing the number of confirmed cases in the Southeast Asian nation to six, the health ministry said, adding that both are being treated at a government hospital.

yup, it is. there are actually TWO cases that are considered community transmission. the one you mention. and one farther north i believe it is (my Philippines geography is not the best). and the one mentioned in your quote is the one that is extremely close to me, around Greenhills mall. a mall i have been known to go to on occasion. great place if you want things like Chinese fakes, like Rolex watches and clothing and bags. or good deals on touristy souvenirs. and also has a great Jewelry area, especially for gold and pearls (real stuff, although they do sell some cheaper things with fake gemstones and stuff). this case is definitely not great for the mall, especially since they just had an armed hostage taking a couple days before.

they have just declared a coronavirus alert system Code Red sublevel 1. due to those two cases.

The DOH has raised its coronavirus alert system to Code Red sublevel 1, with Duque stressing that this is "a preemptive call to ensure that national and local governments and public and private health care providers can prepare for possible increase in suspected and confirmed cases."

"At this stage of localized transmission, intensified contact tracing and home quarantine of close contacts of confirmed cases, improved hospital preparedness, enhanced Severe Acute Respiratory Illness surveillance, and activation of other laboratories outside of [the Research Institute for Tropical Medicine] to increase capacity to diagnose are now being implemented," Duque said.

He stressed that there is no community transmission, since there are no "unlinked" clusters of cases. But once several transmissions are reported in different places, Duque said sublevel 2 would be raised, meaning the implementation of community-level quarantines or lockdowns. Under this alert level also, classes and work may be suspended.

The DOH has recommended to President Rodrigo Duterte placing the country under a State of Public Health Emergency to facilitate faster mobilization and procurement of necessary resources. He expects the President to make the declaration on Monday.
cnnphilippines.com... pdK2weo

several schools in Manila have already canceled classes. and parents are calling for the school year to be ended with grades averaged from the rest of the years grades. school summer vacation is April and May (the hottest season of the year). normally if students miss a certain amount of school, due to things like rain days (yeah don't have snow, but rain days instead due to flooding which can be rather common), or other issues, students are expected to makeup that time. typically meaning going to school on Saturdays, and on occasion on Sundays as well. or by going into the summer break.

and something like a quarantine would be very bad news for many people. the big problems being that many people, especially the poorer ones that are illegal squatters, don't have more than a day's food. this is due to the fact that they can't afford to buy more at a time. as well as the fact that they (and we are talking about numbers in the millions of people in the city), don't have things like refrigeration, so they are reliant on going to the wet market daily for things like fish and meat (at least eggs don't need refrigeration), due to the high cost of electricity, and of course appliances like refrigerators (and quite frankly don't have enough room inside to keep a ref anyway) are far too expensive. they also generally don't have more than a day or two of coal or wood to cook on either. and you really do need something to cook on to make rice. another big issue of quarantine, that would affect pretty much everyone is water. you shouldn't drink the water from the tap (why there are no drinking fountains anywhere), unless you are immune e to the local supply (go to another area, and you would not be immune to it), it is probably more likely to kill you than the virus. seriously it can make you very sick. and so pretty much everyone is reliant on water delivery services that filter the water and make it safe to drink. and then of course you run into the issues of people needing to work, so they can buy things like food and pay their bills.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

bnonews.com...

Cases Deaths Serious Critical Recovered
109,443 /3,798 /5,839 /61 /60,640

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Tukota

Could you possibly link, screenshot or ballpark the Ohio comments? I've been trying to track our local cases but Ohio refuses to even mention the county since the Ebola scare wrecked a few business here supposedly.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   
So further to the confirmed cases in Bournemouth.

Turns out they were members of a local gym. Few fellas i work with have received emails from the gym as they are members there.

Should they now be isolating themselves in case? And should I now isolate as I am in close proximity to them daily? What is the procedure and where does it end?!

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: KingDoey
So further to the confirmed cases in Bournemouth.

Turns out they were members of a local gym. Few fellas i work with have received emails from the gym as they are members there.

Should they now be isolating themselves in case? And should I now isolate as I am in close proximity to them daily? What is the procedure and where does it end?!

Unfortunately you are expected to continue life as you know it , go to work, spend your money , just please keep this world economy going for as long as possible .

Best of luck make !!

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The Minister of Public Health, Rafael Sánchez Cárdenas reported last night that the cases of coronavirus registered in the country increased to five.

He also announced that of the three new cases registered, two escaped from the welfare center where they were kept in quarantine in San Francisco de Macorís. He did not cite the name of the hospital.

The official was interviewed last night at the International Airport of the Americas where he went to receive Dominican students who were in the city of Wuham, China, a city that is the epicenter of the coronavirus.

The new cases of coronavirus are from three Dominicans who visited Italy, a country that has become an exporter of the COVID-19 virus.

m.diariolibre.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Hello, I live in Sonoma county, northern California, in the city of Santa Rosa. I am about an hour drive North of San Francisco, although I may as well live there because many people commute from here.

I believe Sonoma County was one of the first in California to declare a state of emergency.

I'm sure everyone has kept up with the news, so I won't post everything going on here. Just my take on it.

I won't say exactly how, but I know people who have been directly exposed. Guess what? Yep, they were not quarentined. I have had cv19 symptoms for a week or so now, although they have remained mild. I'm hoping it's just a normal illness of some kind. Either way, based on how this has been handled in my area, I am 100% confidant that there is already wide spread community transmission. It's not a matter of if, but a matter of when. Here's an example.

My two children go to school here. Two days ago I received an email from the school district. It's rather long so I won't post it all, but an excerpt will demonstrate the mind boggling idiocy at work in this part of the world:

"some of our families are employed by Keysight" (the large company in Santa Rosa that shut down and sent everyone home because an employee was on the Grand Princess cruise ship and has cv).

"School districts can make case-by-case decisions to exclude students, staff, or community members from school or school events as a precautionary measure." (By the time they are excluded, they will have already infected others).

"In the event that a case of COVID-19 occurs at a school site, district leadership will work with public health officials and the Sonoma County Office of Education to determine next steps, which may include closing a school for up to 14 days because after 14 days the virus is not contagious. Protocols and procedures are actively being developed so that if and when a case is identified at a school site, we are prepared." (If they don't have a plan figured out by now, wtf. Also anyone following this will know that 14 days is likely inadequate.)

"Currently, we have not canceled large gatherings, field trips, athletic events, or other school community events." (Ok then).

This is an example of the total failure of the American government to protect it's citizens. They are, however, going to great lengths to protect the rich. There is zero chance that this thing isn't already in the wild here. People with direct contact with cv patients AND symptoms have been allowed to go about their normal lives, and in some cases sick doctors continued to treat patients who did not have cv symptoms but we're sick with something else. They aren't doing anything, nothing at all to deal with this properly despite having declared an emergency. But they told us why: "While the State of California and the County of Sonoma have declared a health emergency, the primary purpose of doing so is to obtain access to financial and medical resources." Where are those resources going? I am willing to bet the resources are going into the pockets of "contractors" instead of addressing this emergency. Hooray capitalism.

Out in the wild, people aren't panicking, but the stores are sold out of things like hand sanitizer and rubbing alcohol. Many people I see, including my children's friends, are mildly sick with something or other. A few more days and we will find out exactly how bad this thing really is.

I sincerely hope that we can look back on all this and have a laugh at how we all over reacted. But either way, if you have been following this, it should be a wake up call: the government is hopelessly corrupt, and their actions handling this has laid them bare. I'm talking both parties here, the entire system.

To play devil's advocate to myself, the government may be unable to do anything. No one can afford to stay home from work, or for their kids to stay home from school. We would all lose our houses to the banks. Wrap your head around that.

Stay safe, and best of luck to everyone.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Proof again that they are changing the rules.

endemic

They are no longer going to test for the virus.

They let it get out of control and now it's a "so what" scenario.

Let this be a lesson to those who are supportive of government and the ability of the authorities to handle situations that arise.

If anything super serious ever happens, we as a people are screwed so bad.
edit on 8-3-2020 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

Oh boy. Lol I pretty much, figured they would cook the books or were cooking the books, when I noticed the cdc on tested 400 and some change a couple weeks ago. Governments failed across the globe so biblically in regards to this virus, it’s not even funny. Irresponsible, my eyes and ears tell me this is a pandemic by definition. It’s more important thou to keep the rich, rich in this world no matter what. Oh well.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollslayer

Could you possibly link, screenshot or ballpark the Ohio comments? I've been trying to track our local cases but Ohio refuses to even mention the county since the Ebola scare wrecked a few business here supposedly.

I will look back and try to find exactly where I was reading that this morning and will definitely post it for you.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
a reply to: liejunkie01

Oh boy. Lol I pretty much, figured they would cook the books or were cooking the books, when I noticed the cdc on tested 400 and some change a couple weeks ago. Governments failed across the globe so biblically in regards to this virus, it’s not even funny. Irresponsible, my eyes and ears tell me this is a pandemic by definition. It’s more important thou to keep the rich, rich in this world no matter what. Oh well.

I told my wife that we all probably got it and we probably know many people who do have it.

I may not be far off from that statement. We have all been passing around some nasty bug and everyone we know has been more sick than usual.

But you know, it's normal.
edit on 8-3-2020 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AgentAnderson

I grew up in SR (moved away 3 yrs ago due to cost of living).

I have a close friend who works at Sutter. He is really worried about the coronavirus situation.

Did you know that Santa Rosa (and somewhere in New Jersey) are the coastal FEMA communication hubs for continuity of government operations? A lot of activity could happen in Sonoma County as a result if this ever goes south like it did in Italy..

edit on 3/8/2020 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Thanks so much. I've been worried about the two dozen students from Wuhan in Butler county that they said they weren't monitoring back in January.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Oregon declared a state of emergency as the community infections seem to be spreading. 14 infections so far.
www.kdrv.com...
edit on 3/8/2020 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollslayer

Thanks so much. I've been worried about the two dozen students from Wuhan in Butler county that they said they weren't monitoring back in January.

It was a teacher that tweeted on a thread that @realdonaldtrump posted 6H ago asking why there weren't test kits available for their students in OH. There are now 29.5k tweets on the thread so I couldn't find it. The teacher didn't say where, but that there were so many sick students that they had been asking the state to test them and kept hitting a brick wall. If that teacher works at a university that would make sense because I don't think a teacher would be asking for testing on behalf of students still living at home with their parents.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: KingDoey

Hi from the UK too.

As far as advice goes if you been to the gym within the last two weeks and have suspect that you might have been in contact then you must isolate yourself for 14 days. If you are unsure call 111 NHS line.

Gym can be unsanitary places and a breeding ground for bugs, colds and flu's usually. If you don't think you have been at risk then you should go on about your life as per.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Another school case in Finland now in Helsinki area.
Male ( school staff ) was tested positive to corona virus, he got it from woman who visited Italy.
60 people are put in guarantee.

In Tampere they closed a school for a week and Helsinki puts couple classes in guarantee. Last week Helsinki did the same with another case in Viikki area, they only put couple classes into gurantee and football group. I can only wonder what stupidos are in charge in Helsinki.

Monday tomorrow and i am taking my son to school ( different county ) and i wonder if my son´s school has same kind of irresponsible people working there....

forgot the link
I ltalehti
edit on 8-3-2020 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   
C'mon. Those college kids are obviously hung over..
No need to make our numbers go up. That will just devalue the elite's stock portfolio and we can't have that.

MAGA!

top topics

<< 256  257  258    260  261  262 >>

join