It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: drussell41

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: FamCore

OK. So it is established that you want panic shopping akin to what we see in Italy?

Being realistic, we're going to have panic buying. It does zero good to be the only thoughtful, self restrained individual in the room. I think we're starting to see that right now. It's not so much panic buying over the virus, it's panic buying to ensure you're not kicked in the ass by the empty shelves you'll find when the actual virus caused panic buyers clear the stores out. Nobody wants dinner to be cloves and capers with a sauce of sugar free carmel syrup because that was all Fred Meyers had left in stock after the ravenous horde swept through 10 minutes before you arrived.

Seeing something unusual in Ohio. All of the bleach was gone in Walmart. In CVS, I have never seen their OTC med shelves so empty. About 1/2 of many products normally fully stocked. Just saying....it might be starting now already a little bit.

The OTC meds aren't panic buying, most of them come from China and haven't been restocked in over 5 weeks. Bleach... well, if you're looking to go medieval on a virus' ass, you use bleach on every surface you want to clean. I know Clorox does have domestic bleach factories, but I do not know if the bottles or even the sodium hypochlorite are sourced from China for that process.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   
As promised (I work 7-12's..) here are the pictures of the military vehicles in Port Arthur TX. This has been nonstop and they come on semi trucks and leave by train. I was told in another thread that this is a common time of year to move assets for the National Guard so keep that in mind. I also want to point out that I was approached by a man while taking these photos who only said hello then got on his phone and walked in front of me. Stay safe and remember, if you're prepared there is no need for panic!

Note: someone was interested in that what I'll call communication trailer so I took an extra picture of it.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   
French cases confirmed at a military base in Paris

On the eve of the Defense Council convened by the President of the Republic, I brought together the authorities of the Ministry of the Armed Forces for an update on the coronavirus, in particular after the detection of several cases at the Creil military base .[/ex
twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: primalfractal
Wonder if they will ever find the lost pandemic button that's attatched to the elephant in the room.

The World Health Organisation (WHO) has raised its threat level for the deadly coronavirus to “very high”, warning all affected countries should now activate their “highest level” of response.

“The continued increase in the number of COVID-19 cases and the number of affected countries over the last few days, are clearly of concern,” the health agency’s chief, Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, said at a press conference overnight.
“Our epidemiologists have been monitoring these developments continuously, and we have now increased our assessment of the risk of spread and the risk of impact of COVID-19 to very high at a global level.”

news.com.au

I'm really confused about the Pandemic Bonds that I've been reading about that pay out in June if no pandemic is announced. Did I word that completely wrong? Anyway, I can figure it out and whether it is a motivator for this NOT to be labeled a pandemic, or the other way around. I don't even know what the point of those are? There are some really great financial minds here, can you explain it better? Don't the states/countries get access to more resources once it's actually called a Pandemic?

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: cirrus12
Yeah it's ridiculous - it's giving people the false perception that it is nothing/don't worry/carry on as normal but wash your hands basically.
I think they have forgotten that China shut down their entire workforce, quarantine millions of people and have gone to extreme measures to try and contain it. Also interesting to note is that here the MSM have not really mentioned China for a while...

a reply to: Oppenheimer67

It's incredibly dangerous and irresponsible.

They have built up the public to laugh at anyone taking precautions or wearing a mask. This will INCREASE spread and speed.

It better be less than the flu otherwise they are pumping the infection bubble. Our markets might fare better in the end (doesn't appear to be working), but the bang will be far bigger.

Their strategy is "delay", not "slow". Slowing transmission is good. What they are doing is the opposite. All they are doing is delaying the testing and reporting of it, delaying public and authority response. When it is no longer concealable, spread will be immense.
edit on 28-2-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: reworded for clarity

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Auramancer

Note: someone was interested in that what I'll call communication trailer so I took an extra picture of it.[quote/]

I that "antenna" has the same formfactor as those horrific "denial of area" sonic weapons that i have seen.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   
A trucker lady posted a video on social media of a port someplace that’s pretty much empty of containers. It shows some stacked containers that are empty and areas completely void of containers ready for the trucks to pick up. Said the ships from China aren’t coming. I’m unable to forward the video but if anyone is a member of “truckers 4 life“, may be a able to.
edit on 28-2-2020 by 38181 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Australian Update

2 new CV positive cases. Both are associated with the Diamond Princess.

There are still no cases indicating that CV is wild............LOL....it's not in the news, so it must be true.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: tgidkp

While I said in the other thread I never believe in showing cards where survival stocks (or weapons, financial situation, pretty much anything actually personal) is concerned, I gotta say the run on toilet paper makes me laugh. presumably, if the States see a personal tour through this hell, it will involve being quarantined (or sheltering) in your own homes. Most folk's crappers are 3 feet away from a shower. drop a deuce and jump into the shower if you're out of TP... if you're sheltering in place or quarantined, it's not like you've got a tight schedule to maintain and, frankly, showering after growing a tail is less likely to cause the roids to flare up which, if you're also eating survival or dried foods will be looking for any excuse to poke out and say "hey" to the world. Granted, if the water goes out we're talking a different ballgame, but even in that situation... if the water's out, wiping the ass is the least of one's worries. At that point life as we knew it has begun to erode and the family linens aren't likely to be missed before they can be replaced.

Here in AK, a family pack of quality multi-ply thunder ribbon runs around $20 if not more. There are much better food stuffs and whatnot that $20 can go towards in a crisis prep situation, IMO.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tukota

originally posted by: primalfractal
Wonder if they will ever find the lost pandemic button that's attatched to the elephant in the room.

The World Health Organisation (WHO) has raised its threat level for the deadly coronavirus to “very high”, warning all affected countries should now activate their “highest level” of response.

“The continued increase in the number of COVID-19 cases and the number of affected countries over the last few days, are clearly of concern,” the health agency’s chief, Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, said at a press conference overnight.
“Our epidemiologists have been monitoring these developments continuously, and we have now increased our assessment of the risk of spread and the risk of impact of COVID-19 to very high at a global level.”

news.com.au

I'm really confused about the Pandemic Bonds that I've been reading about that pay out in June if no pandemic is announced. Did I word that completely wrong? Anyway, I can figure it out and whether it is a motivator for this NOT to be labeled a pandemic, or the other way around. I don't even know what the point of those are? There are some really great financial minds here, can you explain it better? Don't the states/countries get access to more resources once it's actually called a Pandemic?

The bonds, sold in 2017 by the World Bank to raise money for poor countries in a global pandemic

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Morning ATS members
1. Closed today: www.tokyodisneyresort.jp...
2. Closed today: www.usj.co.jp...

New drug in Japan may have some promise
The virus now is known to mutate 4 times in the body ( not sure how to explain it, Japanese language here is spoken)

Mass unemployment now expected

Hey folks, remember I said to buy bicycles.... cars are NOT going to do you any good (that is my "street talk" for today )

If you are not out buying supplies to survive for at least the next 6 months, please no longer read my post LOL
Can you read the writing on the wall

Trump is in panic mode "silence is golden" can now be translated differently.

You guys are now on your own (get your family together on this)

Japan is a small island country so we know the severity of this situation NOW

Anyway, its time for all of you to face this : YES, MASSIVE QUARANTINE CALLED "STAY AT HOME" IS IN THE WORKS

I'm sorry to say "all the above is pure and nothing more then pure BS that was in my dream last night"

I don't have the morning update yet, why, I'm afraid ...
edit on 0200000031382020-02-28T18:38:31-06:00383102pm6 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: tgidkp

While I said in the other thread I never believe in showing cards where survival stocks (or weapons, financial situation, pretty much anything actually personal) is concerned, I gotta say the run on toilet paper makes me laugh. presumably, if the States see a personal tour through this hell, it will involve being quarantined (or sheltering) in your own homes. Most folk's crappers are 3 feet away from a shower. drop a deuce and jump into the shower if you're out of TP... if you're sheltering in place or quarantined, it's not like you've got a tight schedule to maintain and, frankly, showering after growing a tail is less likely to cause the roids to flare up which, if you're also eating survival or dried foods will be looking for any excuse to poke out and say "hey" to the world. Granted, if the water goes out we're talking a different ballgame, but even in that situation... if the water's out, wiping the ass is the least of one's worries. At that point life as we knew it has begun to erode and the family linens aren't likely to be missed before they can be replaced.

Here in AK, a family pack of quality multi-ply thunder ribbon runs around $20 if not more. There are much better food stuffs and whatnot that $20 can go towards in a crisis prep situation, IMO.

You have a way with words .

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell
Australian Update

There are still no cases indicating that CV is wild............LOL....it's not in the news, so it must be true.

I feel so much safer, and the WH has announced its all fear mongering and just go about your day as normal. Problem solved were all good.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   
China in Focus (Feb. 27) - informative video

www.theepochtimes.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: myselfaswell
Australian Update

I feel so much safer, and the WH has announced its all fear mongering and just go about your day as normal. Problem solved were all good.

Good now to catch the virus, yes , indeed.

Problem now for me is I'm broke till SS comes in. And if the US govt. shuts down (which it may well do) my SS is not coming in and there for I can no longer pay the bills. The utility companies here turn yours off after 1st non payment. Most pay by automatic withdraw from banks

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Auramancer

It could be going overseas for the Defender 2020 in Europe.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Tukota

It's a motivator not to declare a pandemic because

The bonds will be issued under IBRD’s “capital at risk” program because investors bear the risk of losing part or all of their investment in the bond if an epidemic event triggers pay-outs to eligible countries covered under the PEF.
worldbank.org

Basically putting making money before saving lives, as usual. If pandemic was declared before June, the money would go to poorer countries who are stuggling to cope. If no pandemic is called, then investors get paid dividends.

The bonds were administered in two tranches, with Class A bond investors receiving a return of 6.9% annually. Class B bond investors received 11.5% annually. The World Bank raised $225 million in Class A bonds and $95 million in Class B bonds.
www.washingtonexaminer.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I completely agree.
I don't see how they can't see that spread will be immense if they keep doing this? Surely they realise that is what will happen?!! They have access to way more information that we do - from across the world. They know the potential of this virus and how bad it could be.
When community spread is bad like China what will they do then? They can't keep the public in the dark forever!
(mostly rhetorical questions there but if you have any thoughts!)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   

1. Face masks are useless, and the public buying them is preventing frontline staff buying them.

Face masks are useless.

But the frontline staff seems to need them.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

1. Face masks are useless, and the public buying them is preventing frontline staff buying them.

Face masks are useless.

But the frontline staff seems to need them.

Definitely not useless. Increases defenses about 5 fold. Not impenetrable, but better by far then -not- wearing a mask. Not sure who they are trying to fool.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join