It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   
www.nejm.org...

". Our findings were more similar to the national official statistics, which showed a rate of death of 3.2% among 51,857 cases of Covid-19 as of February 16, 2020.11,24"

Sounds about right

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
Now confirmed cases in 59 countries, wow! That jumped quickly...

definitely!! Wed night was only 20 I believe!

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   
You know it is bad when a 350 point DOW loss actually makes you breathe a sigh of relief and sorts of seems like proof of market resilience rather than impending doom.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Just read this on Breitbart.... apparently researchers in China have been known to sell old lab animals on the black market instead of cremating them like they're supposed to. According to the article, a Beijing researcher is currently in prison for selling lab monkeys and rats on the black market. It says he made a million dollars doing this.
I don't know if any of this is true....but interesting, none the less.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: UFO1414

originally posted by: carewemust
For everyone who thinks in a level-headed Manner. All others can disregard.

mobile.twitter.com...

Love the first reply to that tweet.

"My doctor doesn't wear a hazmat suit when I have the flu."

That was brilliant!

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants
Just read this on Breitbart.... apparently researchers in China have been known to sell old lab animals on the black market instead of cremating them like they're supposed to. According to the article, a Beijing researcher is currently in prison for selling lab monkeys and rats on the black market. It says he made a million dollars doing this.

Why am I not at all surprised by this?

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Wizzz0001

Very true. They are good people and the girl they are adopting has Down's syndrome. On top of that, she is 13 and turns 14 sometime in March. If they don't officially adopt her before her birthday, the Chinese won't allow it to happen.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

From your lips to God's ears.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Florida speaks!

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said that 700 people who have returned from China have been monitored for coronavirus in the state. Of those, 150 are still being monitored, 15 have tested negative and 4 are “under investigation.”

via CNN

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   
34 deaths in Iran and 21 in Italy, it's steadily increasing, although the numbers of infection are going down, apparently. The numbers are suspicious, very suspicious.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants

I read a while back that those wild animals that people were buying at the Wuhan "wet" market were very expensive and it's considered a status symbol to be able to serve one of these animals at a meal.

I don't know how much China pays it's bio lab researchers....but probably not as much as they could make selling lab animals for human consumption.
edit on 2/28/2020 by MissSmartypants because: Edit

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Santa Clara reports third coronavirus case

SANTA CLARA (KRON) – The Santa Clara Public Health Department has confirmed the third case of COVID-19 in the county. There is a press conference scheduled for 4:00 p.m. Friday where more information will become available. This is a developing story and this page will be updated.

www.kron4.com...

Authorities said the new confirmed case in Santa Clara County is not tied to the Diamond Princess cruise ship, where evacuees are being quarantined at Travis Air Force Base in Fairfield.

www.nbcbayarea.com... _impression=true

This is your LAST WEEKEND TO PREP!!!!!!!!!!!
edit on 28-2-2020 by celltypespecific because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-2-2020 by celltypespecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Phelantalon
Ah! In their defense, I totally get that. I still think they should stay home, but I can see where they'd be freaking out. I feel bad for the couple and the child.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: tgidkp
Are there a lot of mormon missionaries returning to Salt Lake City?
This is one angle no one has looked at yet.
Surely they would have been recalled.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Today's CDC Situation Report has a link to the Full 40 page pdf of the "Report of the WHO-China Joint Mission
on Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)"

Click Situation report - 39 for Feb 28

www.who.int...

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: primalfractal
a reply to: Oppenheimer67

I was wondering about the possible number of waves before virulence goes down, the likelihood of increased virulence, and the rate of mutation between waves effecting immunity?

well I've been working off Spanish flu for guidance, which had 3 main waves. First wave was much like this one, (and covered in the press and by governments the same way as this one too), taking the old or otherwise vulnerable, but the second wave was more deadly, taking the more healthy. Stronger immune systems causing a cytokine storm where your own immune system ends up damaging organs like kidneys and heart. This has already been seen in some cases so remains a possibility in my eyes even without mutation.

There is a massive range of possible outcomes from this as is: Just from figures for the first wave I have shown how this could wipe out half the world's population (not the virus alone, but knock on effects), and that is just based on figures for the first wave... But at the same time, it could mutate today to be a cold. It could already be akin to common flu if it turns out many millions have already been infected/recovered without even noticing.

More and more evidence points towards a mortality rate at least 30 times higher than flu though. And stories of whole families dying, such as the Chinese director, his sister, his mother, his father, and his wife seriously ill, is much more like stories about the once novel Spanish flu than any flu about nowadays. This mutated and the survivors built some immunity, so now it is just a flu.

Add to this a depression from a market crash... We already have a plague of locusts. What more do we need, floods? Got them, going to get worse according to Greta. Nuclear war? Well if this thing's a weapon then that is on the cards. A comet? Aliens!!?

I usually say prepare for the worst, but in this case the worst is so 'out there' it would be ridiculous if not impossible to prepare for. Even if you could throw a year's wage at it. In this case I'd say consider the worst, but don't get hung up on it. Prepare for a few months.

2-3 months buys you 6 months as you see more coming and adapt and add to your preparations. 6 months buys you a year with a learning curve, and after that you are well on your way to being self sufficient if needs be. Having considered the worst, the foundations are in place to build upon. Challenges, and undoubtedly surprises, you face along the way will not be sources of panic.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Apparently Londons Hyde Park would be used as a morgue if this virus begins killing people. Not sure if this is fear mongering but a bit odd to have this as one of your headlines!

It's as if some people are expecting many deaths and know this is a lot worse than we are being told or they expect over70's to fill most of that quota

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Hyde Park would be turned into a morgue if the killer coronavirus outbreak escalates in the UK, under worst-case scenario plans.
Nickie Aiken, Conservative MP for the Cities of London and Westminster, confirmed the royal park has emergency plans in place to store human corpses.
The Government has an array of procedures in case of a crisis on British soil, which could include the coronavirus if it spreads in the UK.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Wonder if they will ever find the lost pandemic button that's attatched to the elephant in the room.

The World Health Organisation (WHO) has raised its threat level for the deadly coronavirus to “very high”, warning all affected countries should now activate their “highest level” of response.

“The continued increase in the number of COVID-19 cases and the number of affected countries over the last few days, are clearly of concern,” the health agency’s chief, Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, said at a press conference overnight.
“Our epidemiologists have been monitoring these developments continuously, and we have now increased our assessment of the risk of spread and the risk of impact of COVID-19 to very high at a global level.”

news.com.au
edit on 28-2-2020 by primalfractal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oppenheimer67

originally posted by: saladfingers123456
The virus affecting a large proportion of the world is the first domino.
The overwhelmed health system is the second.
The quarantine and its affects on business and supply chain is the third (the downside of globalisation laid bare).
If it gets beyond that, then the forth domino is the loss of many people with illnesses that can no longer be treated due to all the previous breaks in normality.
The fifth is the lack of food, and possibly some break down in essential services.

And that's just the first year, first wave.

Oh don't ask me to lay all the dominoes out... I did it 8 years ago, and it is bleak and frightening. Not gonna go there until I see a few more fall. The supply chain is a serious problem that not many have really put much time in to. It was a different circumstance that I was looking at, but the effects are the same.
If it gets far enough, I'll share what I've got, but it would be deemed excessive fear-mongering to present it at this point in time. But yes, first wave, indeed. Let's hope it neutralises before we get there. Mad max sounds fun until you live it I suspect.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: GlobalGold
Finally Fixed!!

CDC Has Fixed Issue Delaying Coronavirus Testing In U.S., Health Officials Say

www.npr.org...

I thought the problem was with a reagent but there were 2 problems? I missed that.

There were two separate issues, according to Scott Becker, CEO of the Association of Public Health Laboratories, which represents the 100 local and state public health laboratories qualified by the CDC to do this type of testing.

The test kit had three components, Becker said, two of which tested for the novel coronavirus and a third that tested for a host of other viruses. In dozens of labs, the test kit correctly yielded results for the coronavirus — but came back inconclusive for the other viruses, which made the federal health officials question the integrity of the entire kit, he said.

So testing was delayed for coronavirus because the 3rd test was acting up? But now it's OK to test for JUST the Coronavirus?

On Thursday, Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar informed a congressional hearing that the CDC had modified its testing protocol for the labs who received that test, in such a way that they could test just for the coronavirus

Nbc

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join