It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   
UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres said that containment of the global spread of coronavirus was possible "but the window of opportunity is narrowing".

Window's barely a crack now - good luck stopping it UN

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Any updates on China ?
Seems to be very little of any information about China anymore .

Supposedly all apple employees are going back to work in China ?

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

Wasn't someplace called Frogmore Cottage recently vacated? Seems like that would make a a useful morgue.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   
[
That is insane! Surely this should be mainstream news! Closing the lab with no reason in the midst of the outbreak seems so suspect! I'm sure even non conspiracy theorists would agree.

quote]originally posted by: GlobalGold
yet another strange, unexplained circumstance...

The Shanghai laboratory where researchers published the world’s first genome sequence of the deadly coronavirus that causes Covid-19 has been shut down.

www.scmp.com...[/quote

edit on 28-2-2020 by cirrus12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   

California has a second case of community transmission of the coronavirus, a 65-year-old resident of Santa Clara County who has no known history of travel to countries hit hard by the outbreak, people familiar with the case said Friday.

www.washingtonpost.com... d470_story.html

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: cirrus12

Yes, definitely suspicious -
"Five telephone calls to officials at the commission seeking comment on the closure were not picked up. A fax sent to the commission requesting comment was not answered."

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Remember the cruise ship Anthem of the Seas that docked in New Jersey.
The crew member died and was kept in the freezer while passengers were released. There was to be an emergency autopsy. I keep looking for the results but there is nothing. That was back on Feb. 9th and we are now at the end of February.
Has anyone heard anything?
He was young, worked in the engineering dept. and was found dead.
I believe he was from the Philippines.
A number of other crew members from the Philippines on other cruise ships have been found to be infected.
Just saying I am sure that their friends and families back home socialize with each other and maybe when they get the chance they do too.
This is another link to the spread.
Japan already has cases related to the Princess Cruise ship spreading into the public.

There are other types of links that can be tied to companies and organizations. SALT LAKE CITY.

The mormons that have been doing their works in other countries must be returning home. This could be the start of another cluster that has not become visible yet.

There are other missionaries that work in areas that could be experiencing undiagnosed cases such as in Africa.

All of these people returning home should be tested and be in quarantine.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brick17
a reply to: checkmeout

We have 22 -23 ish UK military med assets (hospitals of varying types) but these are not real locations in the UK. They are a combination of both regular and reserve field hospitals that can be deployed and used in any number of scenarios. They can takeover a site and move in, set up a location in any geographical location using a combination of tentage, vehicles, box bodies etc etc. The only UK military Hospital is at Birmingham and its is only a wing of the NHS hospital. Member of the Defence Medical Services (DMS), all three services do work with and amongst the NHS but it's not a large number. Most of the Adam S is reservist (I might be wrong on that).

I'm not DMS. Where I'm stationed is rural and out the way. I've been in the army a long time. Nothing great but I don't want to expose myself on an open forum.

At my location I've not seen or heard of anything, no preparations. I haven't heard anything from my wider circle of forces friends either. I have mates in the RN and RAF. At work we have posters everywhere, hand sanitizer and hand towels. The med centre ( which is like your local GP for serving personnel) has posters up and instructions for the Drs, nurses and medics on what to do with a suspected case. But other than that, nothing. I certain there are contingency plans but no orders or instructions have been given that I know of, not where I am. I have not seen any movement of stores that are unusual either.

If I notice anything I'll be on here straight away letting you know.

Personally I'm prepared. It's prudent to be so. All conspiracy aside, what is happening is unusual and extrordinary. My 'alarm' bells sounded off along time ago. Plenty of combat indicators to show that what is coming is coming and we are being lied to. So I've pre parade and can be as ready as I can be. What dismays me is how many people I know are dismissing it in one way or another. As I said, nothing different happening at my location. I'm watching and will brief if it changes.

Many thanks for your updates

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   
A few UK rumours on reddit:

6 people with pneumonia awaiting tests in London hospital
www.reddit.com...

Ocado swamped with unusually high orders
www.reddit.com...

Suspected cases
www.reddit.com...
www.somersetlive.co.uk...

Seeing many more suspected cases that are awaiting tests on comments on websites and social media - too many to list. But I reckon we will see a surge now - maybe as the markets have closed for the weekend...
Also worth noting the newest UK case had not been out of the country recently, so is the first case in the community here

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   
double post again!
edit on 28-2-2020 by cirrus12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Thoughtful1

Looks like the Mormons are very wisely leaving their missionaries wherever they were when this initially broke out.
www.sltrib.com...

April’s General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is still on and missionary work is still taking place in Asia, but the global leadership sessions in Utah before the twice-yearly gatherings have been pushed back and proselytizing has been severely curtailed in nations stretching from Japan to Mongolia.

Concerns about the coronavirus have prompted the faith’s governing First Presidency to postpone the leadership meetings — which draw church authorities from around the world — until the fall General Conference in October.

The church also is discouraging leaders and members who live outside the United States from traveling to Salt Lake City for the April 4-5 General Conference

Mormons don't dork around with this stuff. They may instruct individuals to walk into #holes and "spread the word" but they don't order their entire congregation to do stupid things. They also have some damn solid doctrine mandating members keep 6 months of food and 6 months of living expenses on hand at all times. Those are sound principles.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Thoughtful1

i have heard that the missionaries in Hong Kong and Japan and South Korea and China have been instructed to not leave their living spaces.

but more interesting, the worldwide conference of church leaders (the seventies, the district and stake leaders, and of course the apostles and prophet) which takes place in April, has been canceled.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   
What do those people here based in the UK think about the complete lack of information from the government?

There has been no official press conference or speech by Boris, he gave a quickie interview on the cuff for a couple of minutes and that was it. Nothing like what we are seeing overseas - there is just such a complete lack of anything. I just don't quite get why - I understand they don't want people to panic, but it's almost like we are being treated like little children who can't handle the seriousness of the situation! Very frustrating.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Is this true? In the UK they are making plans to have the military assist with handling the corona virus? They want to have military doctors and nurses assist in the public hospitals because of concern that the existing medical staff will be overwhelmed.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   

An analysis of mortality rates broken down by age, demographic, and comorbidity.

Possibility of a better testing kit that's easier to use and more sensitive on the horizon?

Some practical tips on what to do to to deal with things in the days and weeks ahead.
edit on 28-2-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: tgidkp
That is very significant that they would postpone those important meetings in the Mormon community.
You know a lot so please keep us informed.
Those that are in charge know much more than the rest of us.
Thanks for informing us.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Looks like I have a prepper in my city:

dfw.cbslocal.com...

CBS local interviewed him and he just gave himself away. Now everyone is going to be banging on his door when it all goes bad. Good grief!

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I don't think anyone has actually grasped the magnitude of what is happening here.

It could literally be the end of the world as you know it, and that is no exagerration.

What do you think is going to happen if in the US and UK and Europe it spreads like it did in China with tens of thousands infected and towns and cities locked down?

Most people live hand to mouth, they get paid at the end of the month, their pay covers their overdraft and a few bills and by the end of next month they're up to their limits again.

If people are forced to stay at home and not go to work then the companies they work for will do no business and will go bust.

The people won't get paid.

The banks won't get their payments for their mortgages, car loans, other loans, credit card bills won't get paid.

EVERYTHING will collapse within a month to 6 weeks - the entire banking system, businesses, the lot.

That's why governments around the world have been playing it down, and why the stock market is now tanking hard.

IF this kicks off in the west then it's game over and we'll be rebuilding from the ashes.

At least in the states you have guns, over here we'll be using bows and arrows or big sticks.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I realize that this is impossible until its 200% required but it seems to me that completely stopping all travel across the globe could at least keep this bug from spreading more. I realize money talks and it has been quoted that "20th century pandemics the focus was on saving lives. While the 21st century its more important to save markets"

This virus cant spread like it has if planes and boats arent able to travel across the globe.

At what point does the world go into the SHTF mode and focus on people over profits?

As I type checking flight aware hundreds of flights are in air coming form Japan and South Korea. Oddly Italy has very few.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6
Thank you for educating me. There are so many possible ways that this virus can harm those that mean no harm.

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join