It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 235
<< 232  233  234    236  237  238 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Forget about human rights in STATE OF EMERGENCY , there are no human rights when this goes into effects. MIM told you this. I f you don't believe me , tell yourself the corona virus doesn't exist. We will know what PM Abe will tell us here in Japan early this week. Stay tune . Hope you all have got 6 months of supplies stocked up. If you think employment will continue as is. PM me and I'll tell you what is happening my my town here in Japan.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK

originally posted by: Nucleardoom

originally posted by: underwerks
I think I have it. I’m sicker than I can remember being. It started with a sore throat, then went to a stopped up nose and fever, sweating and freezing. Lethargic, no energy, and a bad cough. I’m in Tennessee. This is the third day and it’s worse.

Another thing that may or may not be anything, the internet is down in my entire city. I’m using mobile data to post this and even it seems to be throttled and extra slow. I contacted the internet company and they said something has happened in Austin, TX.

It all seems a little too coincidental to me. I’ve been trying to look up the symptoms all day and I can barely load a webpage.

I think I have it too - sore throat, weak/low energy, left lung feels heavy, nose isn't runny just a bit stuffy at times.
Odd thing is it feels like I have a fever sometimes, but when I check my temp it's normal? Also a slight dizzy/disoriented feeling.
Overall it's not too bad for now, I've been sick around 4 days or so now from when the symptoms first started appearing (sore throat). I smoke so I'm not sure if that's supposed to help me or work against me as I've seen differing info on that.

YMMV

ETA: This thing has spread everywhere like wildfire. At this point I'd guess we're easily in the hundreds of thousands if not the low millions of cases here in the US by now.

I've had all the same symptoms as you guys for about a week....

Yep, millions have it, I'm convinced. It's been here since Dec./Jan. just spreading without any real testing being done to confirm it.

We're set for 6 months or so, just staying in the house riding this thing out. Things will be shutting down quickly now.

It's snowballing...
edit on 7-3-2020 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Yesterday my kid's football match was cancelled cos of a suspected case in the college where the match was being held. We won't know until early next week whether they are positive. I'm interested to know what the dealy is in days between testing and diagnosis. The figures that come out today at 2pm were likely tested at least 2 or 3 days ago?

A Scottish female rugby player has tested positive so that game called off. It doesn't mention where she caught it

www.bbc.co.uk...

Edit to add: it does say the squad were in Italy when their previous match was cancelled
edit on 3/7/2020 by checkmeout because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: checkmeout
Yesterday my kid's football match was cancelled cos of a suspected case in the college where the match was being held. We won't know until early next week whether they are positive. I'm interested to know what the dealy is in days between testing and diagnosis. The figures that come out today at 2pm were likely tested at least 2 or 3 days ago?

A Scottish female rugby player has tested positive so that game called off. It doesn't mention where she caught it

www.bbc.co.uk...

Edit to add: it does say the squad were in Italy when their previous match was cancelled

It will depend upon the test they are using and what channels it goes through, but I generally think at a health clinic in this country it is a short time. Once I find out the time I'll let you all know. But now clinics and private companies will be able to test. and if you are on National Health its free , if not may be up to 200 bucks here in Japan
edit on 0300000020322020-03-07T04:32:20-06:00322003am4 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Anynamedangit

Kershaw, SC. Looks like that’s ~40 miles as the crow flies from Charlotte NC international airport. And about the same from Columbia down town. I see Charleston SC has one too. Another major city.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Rich Z

It is not usual symptom just very few of infected had it. Dry cought is a check.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Does anyone in the USA feel like their employer is pushing hard to get as much work done as possible, because they might anticipate a disruption in the American workforce soon?? A little part of me feels this way . Off to work I go, heig-ho heigh-ho.

I work for a company owned by Berkshire Hathaway.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 04:14 AM
link   
www.quora.com...

Perhaps a home made defence treatment could be created from isopropyl...hmmmmmm.

Any chemists on here to advise?

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: elitegamer23
Does anyone in the USA feel like their employer is pushing hard to get as much work done as possible, because they might anticipate a disruption in the American workforce soon?? A little part of me feels this way . Off to work I go, heig-ho heigh-ho.

Get to work slave, keep in mind though you may be used as a scapegoat for being selfish and spreading the virus.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Yes, indeed. I had an employer call me yesterday basically begging me to come and take a tour of the facility even after I told him I think I'm sick with corona. I posted it a few pages back in the thread.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 04:27 AM
link   
It seems that real mortality rate will ve lower than %1
mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 04:32 AM
link   
We're set for 6 months or so, just staying in the house riding this thing out. Things will be shutting down quickly now.

It's snowballing

Wait, 6 months supplies?? 😳

Is this overly precautious?
There's nothing wrong if so imo, just wanted to know how realistic this is.

Many thanks
edit on 7-3-2020 by FinallyAwake because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-3-2020 by FinallyAwake because: BECAUSE THIS WEBSITE ACTS LIKE ITS ONLY BEEN RUNNING 2 WEEKS 😡

edit on 7-3-2020 by FinallyAwake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: deccal
mobile.twitter.com...

I have to wonder, did every senior living home in Italy get hit by this all at once? How can the CFR rates be that off?

It's insane, all those cases in Italy can't all be elderly folks.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: deccal
mobile.twitter.com...

Well I'm convinced , thanks Twitter...

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: SuziSurrey

Yes, isopropyl alcohol will work. Use it 'raw' to disinfect surfaces, or mix it like this with aloe vera gel : 60% alcohol, 40% aloe vera gel, and that would be effective as a skin-friendly hand sanitizer. Ethyl alcohol (grain alcohol 100%) would also work as a substitute for the isopropyl alcohol. Methanol (methyl alcohol) may also work, but that isn't so common to find as the first two are.

WARNING - YOU CANNOT INGEST ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL or Methyl alcohol - they are poison, SO beware of that please. They would only help topically. As far as your link, they are talking about a much more specific drug type of agent, but I just wanted to chime in about alcohol's more traditional uses.

edit on 7-3-2020 by Fowlerstoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Japan too, I see it in the 7-11's and sushi houses. I'll tell you this: it will soon be a dead business. Why do I know, well, they are begging for help at the moment and the store mgr. at the store next to me is like working 18 hours a day 7 days a week while the owner , well, ... who knows. I know he sits in the back office and looks mostly for shop lifters. Anyway people, I'm letting you know from the point of someone living in Asia, which we had another member who actually is more in tune on the events here chime in and said "he is stocked", so that should tell ya something. 6 months people and hopefully you got a garden and fruit trees .

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: FinallyAwake

Many thanks

Good god I hope it doesn't get that bad, but this could drag on awhile. Expect it all to basically shut down, as there's no other way to slow the spread, probably 2 to 6 weeks minimum is my best guess.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Many thanks

Good god I hope it doesn't get that bad, but this could drag on awhile. Expect it all to basically shut down for a while, as there's no other way to slow the spread, probably 2 to 6 weeks minimum is my best guess.

You just got to look what happen to China to see what is in store in the very near future or it already is at your front door.
The news tonight was too disturbing to post, so I won't post other then one thing, Japan is at its crossroads to an unknown path of its future. You see most people are up their in age that do all the remedial work here in Japan, and if they quit working, well... just imagine what work they do. OK. Go to a Walmart....Kmart and see what they do or even a local hospital , heck even dish washers at a 5 star hotel.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: deccal

It seems like everyone has their own mortality rate. Ourworldindata.org has these :

As of the 6th March 2020, the global Case Fatality Rate for COVID-19 are as follows

Case fatality rate globally = 3.44%
[based on 98192 confirmed cases and 3380 deaths]

Case fatality rate in China: 3.77%
[based on 80711 confirmed cases and 3045 deaths]

Case fatality rate for the rest of the world: 1.9%
[based on 17481 and 335 deaths]

Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)

This shows the the infected numbers grow by country:

Template:2019–20 coronavirus outbreak data/WHO situation reports

I guess the mortality rate is changing by location....so in South Korea it`s like that and in other country it can be different again.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Many thanks

Good god I hope it doesn't get that bad, but this could drag on awhile. Expect it all to basically shut down, as there's no other way to slow the spread, probably 2 to 6 weeks minimum is my best guess.

Thank you

<< 232  233  234    236  237  238 >>

join