It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 234
<< 231  232  233    235  236  237 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:33 AM
link   

BEIJING (AP) — China’s exports fell by double digits in January and February as anti-virus controls closed factories, while imports sank by a smaller margin.

Exports tumbled 17.2% from a year earlier to $292.4 billion, a sharp reverse from December’s 7.8% rise, customs data showed Saturday. Imports declined 4% to $299.5 billion, down from the previous month’s 16.3% gain.

apnews.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
I think I have it. I’m sicker than I can remember being. It started with a sore throat, then went to a stopped up nose and fever, sweating and freezing. Lethargic, no energy, and a bad cough. I’m in Tennessee. This is the third day and it’s worse.

Another thing that may or may not be anything, the internet is down in my entire city. I’m using mobile data to post this and even it seems to be throttled and extra slow. I contacted the internet company and they said something has happened in Austin, TX.

It all seems a little too coincidental to me. I’ve been trying to look up the symptoms all day and I can barely load a webpage.

Any ideas on where or how you might have picked it up, IF it is the coronavirus? How is your general health? Age?

I could say I hope it is only the flu, but that just sounds so unkind to be wishing the flu on anyone.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka

originally posted by: butcherguy
Doctor says thousands likely infected in the US already. He says maybe even tens of thousands.
CNBC

A doctor who recently returned from the US and since treated dozens of patients has become Victoria's 11th confirmed coronavirus case, health authorities have said.

The GP became unwell with a runny nose on an internal flight from Denver to San Francisco on February 27. He then flew direct from San Francisco to Melbourne on United Airlines flight UA0060, arriving about 9:30am on February 29.

www.abc.net.au...

If there were any doubts about community spread of COVID in the United States..

I thought that one of the indicators of COVID 19 was that the victims did NOT have a runny nose along with the other symptoms?

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: pasiphae

originally posted by: Rich Z

originally posted by: pasiphae
If anyone else went back to pg 106 to read Advantage's documents.... On pg 107, second post where it says "widespread transmission" the recommendations are where we basically are now. Large events canceled, being told to work from home, and quarantines.

I think the higher ups know very well there is widespread transmission. The mention of media coverage is to stay on message which really seems to be the case. I don't know how many more times I can take reading "wash your hands". And also, "It's usually very mild" with barely any mention of how bad it actually is (I mean it's there but it's not the main message), and the constant "It's just media frenzy" from people when I've actually not seen or head any media frenzy.... just some straight talk. Also note in the docs how photos should be handled. I dunno... this has me rattled. The CDC has handled this in such a weird way there's definitely something brewing behind the scenes. Then theres the talk of using the War Act by Azar the other day.

Why the heck should we be expected to treat this just like a common flu when obviously none of the governments of any country impacted by it are doing that? Hasn't China, Iran, Italy, Japan or South Korea (and counting) ever had the flu before?

Yeah we are on the same page. I'm baffled. This thing seems huge and other countries are throwing their economies out the window yet we are supposed to think it's the flu? I agree with most of your posts...

Yes this whole shutting down business is really serious, there's much the media are not reporting, countries don't just shut d o an like this over something trivial.

The unprecedented things taking place and the fact you mention, that governments are willingly allowing their economics to take massive hits is the biggest indicator for me.

Today a top medical professional in the paper called out the state government to tell the truth and stop giving people a false sense of security.

Yeah it's a sure sign, money rules and and when economies take hits like this it's a last resort.

I was skeptical at first, not any longer I expect to see this virus take hold here as the weather cools into winter, I'm curious if splendour in the grass will go ahead this year.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: new_here
Well I don't like THIS one bit...

The American Hospital Association hosted a Webinar in late February for its member hospitals, and Business Insider reports:

As part of the presentation to hospitals, Dr. James Lawler, a professor at the University of Nebraska Medical Center gave his "best guess" estimates of how much the virus might spread in the US.

Lawler's estimates include:

4.8 million hospitalizations associated with the novel coronavirus
96 million cases overall in the US
480,000 deaths
Overall, the slide points out that hospitals should prepare for an impact to the system that's 10 times a severe flu season.

LINK to Article

Let's just hope & pray his 'best guess' is way the hell off...

I believe it. Hospitals have some pretty severe guidelines for staff and that tells me that they are spoked. Close family member is on faculty at a teaching hospital NYC. The are suggesting no travel whatsoever and no attendance at nonessential group gathering.

Seems impossible given that there are group gatherings on the subway twice a day for commutes. However the same family member is keeping all patients with fever out of the office and doing house calls only in special gear she ordered. So when at least some physicians are acting scared it’s tough to take our mayor seriously when he says to keep riding the subways as they pose no risk.

Pretty sure the disease is long escaped into the wild and that we simply haven’t tested enough to see the spread. I think more testing would actually help fears as the percentage of serious or fatal cases will look worse when only the most likely and serious cases are tested.

Still, this is obviously concerning given how little we know. So I’ve stocked up in case I need to be at home for a couple of months. Hope everyone on ATS stays safe!

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Rich Z

"I have to say I am flabbergasted that a doctor that has flu-like symptoms has presented to work," Ms Mikakos said.

Me too but it must be hard to tell what you have? I have had some flu like symptoms this week and had some shortness of breath when surfing today which didn't feel normal. I had a itchy nose all week and dryness in my throat but very mild.

I had a bottle of wine last night and woke up with a mild headache for a few hours but after a surf I felt 100% better. Maybe alcohol nukes it? Imagine that, a global booze fest party

edit on 7-3-2020 by tlearyus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:58 AM
link   

I posted a link from Harvard that stated that runny nose is a symptom..

There is a lot of unknown and conflicting info out there from experts.

The fact that he tested positive, tells me that having a runny nose is likely a symptom.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: new_here

Was there a timetable given?

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka

I posted a link from Harvard that stated that runny nose is a symptom..

There is a lot of unknown and conflicting info out there from experts.

The fact that he tested positive, tells me that having a runny nose is likely a symptom.

Yeah, sounds pretty much like symptoms for COVID 19 are "some or all of the above" for the same symptoms you see with the flu or a cold. Too bad. I was hoping that if I had a runny nose I could breath a sigh of relief that I didn't have THAT particular bug.

edit on 7-3-2020 by Rich Z because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: missed_gear
a reply to: liejunkie01

Oh I get it. Go to a city or greater metropolitan area and see a hunred or a thousand of people (forgetting the size of the backdrop which could be millions) and think while viewing , "that is a lot if people camping there!"... it is a fraction under a microscope. Hell, I cant throw a rock without hitting a "help wanted" or "now hiring" sign.

Covid19 will affect rich and poor alike. Am I to understand that infected maybe will be left out to keep shedding the virus? I think not.

Ipso...I'd wager their immune system is stronger than if living in suburbia.

I drive regularly through West Texas (Wolf Camp) to Los Ojos, NM. (20 hours from the coast where I reside). I see poverty, but I see it at scale and for what it is factually. I travel to Dora, MO, as we have property on the North Fork. I am in the wicked oil industry and travel extensively for work, we are cutting that down and using online meetings; working out great and saving a pile of cash on our P&L.

Covid-19 can be weathered by big oil, but the WTI crude was set at US$50, included is multiple supply chain issues before Covid-19 at 6% reduction. Today OPEC+ will announce and Aramco will set April pricing, watching it now. WTI taking a drop if near 5.5%, Brent is of near 5.0%. Demand is off, we are expecting a near 5m bpd reduction.

All of this despite China lifting some of the quarantines and fewer new cases near the epicenter. This virus has outsourcing occurring outside China. China may be stuck with long term hits.

mg

try 42 bucks a barrel by this Tuesday.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

BEIJING (AP) — China’s exports fell by double digits in January and February as anti-virus controls closed factories, while imports sank by a smaller margin.

Exports tumbled 17.2% from a year earlier to $292.4 billion, a sharp reverse from December’s 7.8% rise, customs data showed Saturday. Imports declined 4% to $299.5 billion, down from the previous month’s 16.3% gain.

apnews.com...

Japan economy is down by 8% now. That should be a wake up call for countries around the world that import from China.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Philippines records first community transmission of coronavirus, now has six cases

www.reuters.com... USKBN20U0A5

about to get real in Manilla

The case involves a 62-year-old male Filipino who had not traveled abroad recently. His 59-year-old wife has also been infected, bringing the number of confirmed cases in the Southeast Asian nation to six, the health ministry said, adding that both are being treated at a government hospital.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I'm trying to post what is the events here in Japan. This is from February 19, but it is not current, which I'll add more to this link. We can't post others info other then links I think, but this mine so it should be just fine. I'll add more to it which is a lot more lol
ok keep in mind how these events grow since February 19 and then look at you countries activities .

edit on 0300000047232020-03-07T02:23:47-06:00234703am2 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

edit on 0300000012242020-03-07T02:24:12-06:00241203am2 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

www.abovetopsecret.com... 2-19
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com... starting from here also

OK lets see what happens :

www.abovetopsecret.com... 2-19

originally posted by: tetra50

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: tetra50

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
a reply to: tetra50

actually the above I'm trying to change due to something wrong with the post but it give s you an idea, let me see if I can change it.

edit on 0300000002252020-03-07T02:25:02-06:00250203am2 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

edit on 0300000009262020-03-07T02:26:09-06:00260903am2 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

edit on 0300000007272020-03-07T02:27:07-06:00270703am2 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

edit on 0300000043362020-03-07T02:36:43-06:00364303am2 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

edit on 0300000009422020-03-07T02:42:09-06:00420903am2 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 02:22 AM
link   
The situation in Denmark is still quite mild. We did accumulate 25 cases in one week, and so far the worst is that the government has asked events with more than 1000 people to postpone or cancel.

Some sensible people are choosing to cancel even smaller events. But apart from that most people seem ok. People still go shopping and so on.
We cant buy hand sanitizer though.... the company who makes it is pressed on production. They cant keep up.

Biggest issue seems to be the economy. It seems quite reasonable to suggest that this year will be terrible. I work for one of the largest companies in DK, and all foreign travel has been banned. In some of our other countries like in Germany, internal travel has been banned as well.

We are already facing cut downs... this will make it worse.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 02:25 AM
link   
About masks.

The NZ government has said they have 9 million n95 masks and 9 million surgical masks stockpiled for a pandemic scenario. We have less than 5 million people.

The US government has said they have 12 million n95 masks (plus another 5 million expired n95 masks) and 30 million surgical masks stockpiled. The population of the US is around 330 million people.

Think about that. They said they estimate they would need 3 billion masks in a worst case scenario. They have around one third of one percent of the n95 masks they need in the US.

That’s why they are telling you not to wear masks! They’re incompetence and shortsightedness means their medical staff have no protection.

That’s also why they are so reluctant to test people. Every time you test someone the doctor has to wear an n95 mask to protect against infection, as the nature of the test induces coughing and sneezing. But the mask is then contaminated and needs to be carefully replaced and discarded before seeing another patient.

Those n95 masks are like gold. Many hospitals are down to one or two packs left and no promise of any more coming anytime soon. They want to conserve the masks for when the epidemic hits and even then they’ll probably run out.

That’s why the nursing home workers in Seattle only have surgical masks, they don’t want to waste them on lowly care home staff who are probably already infected.

The incompetence of the whole American response is staggering to me. If I was American I would be furious. I can’t believe they only recently required manufacturers to ramp up production last week, they’ve known about this since January.

Incompetent #####!

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 02:31 AM
link   

I think I have it. I’m sicker than I can remember being. It started with a sore throat, then went to a stopped up nose and fever, sweating and freezing. Lethargic, no energy, and a bad cough. I’m in Tennessee. This is the third day and it’s worse.

Another thing that may or may not be anything, the internet is down in my entire city. I’m using mobile data to post this and even it seems to be throttled and extra slow. I contacted the internet company and they said something has happened in Austin, TX.

It all seems a little too coincidental to me. I’ve been trying to look up the symptoms all day and I can barely load a webpage.

I think I have it too - sore throat, weak/low energy, left lung feels heavy, nose isn't runny just a bit stuffy at times.
Odd thing is it feels like I have a fever sometimes, but when I check my temp it's normal? Also a slight dizzy/disoriented feeling.
Overall it's not too bad for now, I've been sick around 4 days or so now from when the symptoms first started appearing (sore throat). I smoke so I'm not sure if that's supposed to help me or work against me as I've seen differing info on that.

YMMV

ETA: This thing has spread everywhere like wildfire. At this point I'd guess we're easily in the hundreds of thousands if not the low millions of cases here in the US by now.

edit on 7-3-2020 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: OutsideContextProblem
About masks.

The NZ government has said they have 9 million n95 masks and 9 million surgical masks stockpiled for a pandemic scenario. We have less than 5 million people.

The US government has said they have 12 million n95 masks (plus another 5 million expired n95 masks) and 30 million surgical masks stockpiled. The population of the US is around 330 million people.

Think about that. They said they estimate they would need 3 billion masks in a worst case scenario. They have around one third of one percent of the n95 masks they need in the US.

incompetent indeed.
Japan will be making over x amount a day, don't want to say because I'm an American an its so hard to believe the incompetency of govt. there. I guess when you get a govt . job you loose your insight on your responsibility of your job. Any way mask should be mandatory once leaving your home. Maybe people in govt. there just don't connect with what is going on in Asia, heck maybe they don't even know where Asian countries are.

That’s why they are telling you not to wear masks! They’re incompetence and shortsightedness means their medical staff have no protection.

That’s also why they are so reluctant to test people. Every time you test someone the doctor has to wear an n95 mask to protect against infection, as the nature of the test induces coughing and sneezing. But the mask is then contaminated and needs to be carefully replaced and discarded before seeing another patient.

Those n95 masks are like gold. Many hospitals are down to one or two packs left and no promise of any more coming anytime soon. They want to conserve the masks for when the epidemic hits and even then they’ll probably run out.

That’s why the nursing home workers in Seattle only have surgical masks, they don’t want to waste them on lowly care home staff who are probably already infected.

The incompetence of the whole American response is staggering to me. If I was American I would be furious. I can’t believe they only recently required manufacturers to ramp up production last week, they’ve known about this since January.

Incompetent #####!

incompetent indeed.
Japan will be making over x amount a day, don't want to say because I'm an American an its so hard to believe the incompetency of govt. there. I guess when you get a govt . job you loose your insight on your responsibility of your job. Any way mask should be mandatory once leaving your home. Maybe people in govt. there just don't connect with what is going on in Asia, heck maybe they don't even know where Asian countries are.
edit on 0300000001452020-03-07T02:45:01-06:00450103am2 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Oppenheimer67

And my point is not every country can do that.

Infact very few can do that.
edit on 732020 by MuldersMate because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nucleardoom

I think I have it too - sore throat, weak/low energy, left lung feels heavy, nose isn't runny just a bit stuffy at times.
Odd thing is it feels like I have a fever sometimes, but when I check my temp it's normal? Also a slight dizzy/disoriented feeling.
Overall it's not too bad for now, I've been sick around 4 days or so now from when the symptoms first started appearing (sore throat). I smoke so I'm not sure if that's supposed to help me or work against me as I've seen differing info on that.

YMMV

ETA: This thing has spread everywhere like wildfire. At this point I'd guess we're easily in the hundreds of thousands if not the low millions of cases here in the US by now.

Wife says 100000 a week, but yes, keep going to them big outdoor events like baseball and ride them trains and of course them Mc Donalds people don't have it, but we do and so do bank clerks. You guys are being lied so much I guess it goes like this "if it too good to be true it s too good to be true".

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nucleardoom

YMMV

I've had all the same symptoms as you guys for about a week....

<< 231  232  233    235  236  237 >>

join