It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 233
<< 230  231  232    234  235  236 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Ah, ok, thanks! I might be around 5.... Haha

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   
"This is the most frightening disease I've ever encountered in my career."

Richard Hatchett, the doctor leading efforts to find a vaccine for coronavirus, says it is much more lethal than normal flu.

edit on 6-3-2020 by tlearyus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
I remember people having chickenpox sleep over parties when I was a kid ... maybe we can do that with the coronavirus; get it over with like pulling off a bandaid; the suspense is killing me.

Yeah, and then years later you discover that the chickenpox can blow up into shingles when you get older. Sure hope this coronavirus isn't carrying that sort of hidden package too.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anynamedangit
a reply to: new_here

I'm not sure if my private message came thru to you..... first time using them.... yes, same small town. Absolutely insane it landed here of all places.

Oh No! And no, your PM didn't come thru

Do you know the lady? I'm sure my mom probably does. She knows everybody in said town. I wish you could PM me, lol. I probably know you! I was born in that small town. My mom worked at Belks for YEARS but has been retired for a while.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Rich Z

Apparently it goes up to 900C during a puff. But the nasties sound like they give the virus a hard time. I Guess small molecules are still hot.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:49 PM
link   

I'm sure we have a connection somewhere! I was born and raised here, except for a few years i moved away with the military (spouse).

I haven't heard a name of the patient yet, but I'm sure it will come out. This place can't keep a secret!

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   

I'm sure we have a connection somewhere! I was born and raised here, except for a few years i moved away with the military (spouse).

I haven't heard a name of the patient yet, but I'm sure it will come out. This place can't keep a secret!

I'm sure we do! And yes, that town cannot keep a secret, lol. Hurry up and get your 20 posts so you can PM me, lol. Also, we are going to get in trouble for having our own little conversation on this thread. (Sorry people, won't happen again. He/She can't PM me yet we have no choice.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:03 AM
link   
New coronavirus 1114 people confirmed infection in Japan. Japan is still including people from the ship , I'm not sure why, maybe some are Japanese, but then there is a total as of noon time today March 7 a case infection of 404 cases of infection, today is Saturday here and although health clinics are open a half day, the numbers here around 3 pm this coming Monday will show a big difference since we now have many clinics with the testing equipment and are willing to do it, plus its free for thos e in the National Health insurance (mandatory) I hope the VA in America soon does it.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Anynamedangit

As of this post, you're at 8. The little icon in your profile that looks like a text balloon is how may posts you've got.

Head on over to the Introductions forum and create an introduction thread, reply to everyone that says hello and you'll get your remaining dozen posts in short order.
edit on 7-3-2020 by jadedANDcynical because: apostrophe not semicolon

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rich Z

originally posted by: pasiphae
If anyone else went back to pg 106 to read Advantage's documents.... On pg 107, second post where it says "widespread transmission" the recommendations are where we basically are now. Large events canceled, being told to work from home, and quarantines.

I think the higher ups know very well there is widespread transmission. The mention of media coverage is to stay on message which really seems to be the case. I don't know how many more times I can take reading "wash your hands". And also, "It's usually very mild" with barely any mention of how bad it actually is (I mean it's there but it's not the main message), and the constant "It's just media frenzy" from people when I've actually not seen or head any media frenzy.... just some straight talk. Also note in the docs how photos should be handled. I dunno... this has me rattled. The CDC has handled this in such a weird way there's definitely something brewing behind the scenes. Then theres the talk of using the War Act by Azar the other day.

Why the heck should we be expected to treat this just like a common flu when obviously none of the governments of any country impacted by it are doing that? Hasn't China, Iran, Italy, Japan or South Korea (and counting) ever had the flu before?

Yeah we are on the same page. I'm baffled. This thing seems huge and other countries are throwing their economies out the window yet we are supposed to think it's the flu? I agree with most of your posts...

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Just wanted to poke my head in! I posted a few days ago about the typo on John Hopkins site putting the confirmed cases at almost 2.5 Mill, but no one responded....lol. Was my first ever post here too after lurking for YEARS.

Anyway, I'm in SC. We just found out this evening we have our 1st 2 presumptive cases, 1 of which is in my town. An elderly lady that hasn't traveled and they don't know how she got it! So, sounds like it's floating around here in a rather small town.

There were some other posts about that. It was a glitch. The site also had no numbers at all for a while after that. Updating sites can come with errors. It's been written off as an update error.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Well I don't like THIS one bit...

The American Hospital Association hosted a Webinar in late February for its member hospitals, and Business Insider reports:

As part of the presentation to hospitals, Dr. James Lawler, a professor at the University of Nebraska Medical Center gave his "best guess" estimates of how much the virus might spread in the US.

Lawler's estimates include:

4.8 million hospitalizations associated with the novel coronavirus
96 million cases overall in the US
480,000 deaths
Overall, the slide points out that hospitals should prepare for an impact to the system that's 10 times a severe flu season.

LINK to Article

Let's just hope & pray his 'best guess' is way the hell off...

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: cirrus12
Not allowed to post a thread about a member or start an offshoot thread
Awaiting response from mod about how best to share all his posts which i collated without violating terms
a reply to: pasiphae

So, let me get this straight. Posts will be deleted in a thread that might cause it to drift off topic, yet threads created too close to another thread because they ARE headed off topic are themselves deleted. Do I have that right?

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:22 AM
link   

If anyone else went back to pg 106 to read Advantage's documents.... On pg 107, second post where it says "widespread transmission" the recommendations are where we basically are now. Large events canceled, being told to work from home, and quarantines.

I think the higher ups know very well there is widespread transmission. The mention of media coverage is to stay on message which really seems to be the case. I don't know how many more times I can take reading "wash your hands". And also, "It's usually very mild" with barely any mention of how bad it actually is (I mean it's there but it's not the main message), and the constant "It's just media frenzy" from people when I've actually not seen or head any media frenzy.... just some straight talk. Also note in the docs how photos should be handled. I dunno... this has me rattled. The CDC has handled this in such a weird way there's definitely something brewing behind the scenes. Then theres the talk of using the War Act by Azar the other day.

Why the heck should we be expected to treat this just like a common flu when obviously none of the governments of any country impacted by it are doing that? Hasn't China, Iran, Italy, Japan or South Korea (and counting) ever had the flu before?

Yeah we are on the same page. I'm baffled. This thing seems huge and other countries are throwing their economies out the window yet we are supposed to think it's the flu? I agree with most of your posts...

Yes this whole shutting down business is really serious, there's much the media are not reporting, countries don't just shut down like this over something trivial.
edit on 7-3-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Despite the spreading virus, Tokyo Olympics organisers decided to hold a test event.

The recent outbreak of the coronavirus has forced them to rearrange or postpone several events, but they allowed a sport climbing event on Friday, with a few restrictions: no fans and no top athletes. Instead, amateurs climbers got the chance to test the climbing facilities first.

news.cgtn.com...

they're getting ready to make a decision

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I am listening to C2C and one of the short time guest said there is an individual who worked at the level -4 lab who would sell the animals to the market after they had been used as test subjects in the lab.. Evidently the lab worker has been doing this for sometime and has accumulated mucho money from his little enterprise however, the party is over as they have been arrested.. I can actually believe this as Chinese do not waste anything and if there is money to be made then that makes it all the better.

Most have probably seen the article that patient zero in Wuhan was a female lab worker who had not been to the market... Anyway believe what you want I am just relaying the info..

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: elitegamer23

originally posted by: Thoughtful1
Here it comes!!!

I had much earlier posted my concerns about the control that China has over our pharmaceutical industry. They have 90% control and that includes antibiotics. India makes our generics and they receive the raw material to make them from China so that is in peril as well.

"Be Bold:
The World Owes China a Thank you.
It is in Chinese but one important highlight..."If China imposes restrictions on pharmaceutical exports the U.S. will be "plunged into the mighty sea of coronavirus."

Why would we have ever had one country be in such complete control of the production of our medication?
This does sound like a veiled threat doesn't it?
Since most of the medication is produced in Wuhan they aren't able to manufacture anyway but the saber rattling...?
So we have 2 to 3 months of supply. Then what?

We never should have allowed this to happen. This country is an enemy. Why would we allow something so important be under their control.

xinhauanet.com/2020-03-04/c_1...
I wish I could figure out how to link this but it is there in Chinese.

Short answer? Greed.

How much greed? All our medicine is made in China, yet the USA overpays ridiculously for said drugs, that are made with dirt cheap Chinese labor.

That is obviously a self answering question. Those cheap prices from China are going to have a hell of a high price to be paid by us now. IMHO.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Yes this whole shutting down business is really serious, there's much the media are not reporting, countries don't just shut d o an like this over something trivial.

The unprecedented things taking place and the fact you mention, that governments are willingly allowing their economics to take massive hits is the biggest indicator for me.

Today a top medical professional in the paper called out the state government to tell the truth and stop giving people a false sense of security.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thoughtful1
The scariest encounter ever.Q

A woman stopped me.
She was really, really worried.
Her daughter works at a hospital. A baby in critical condition was brought in.
Then they found out that the mother had been tested positive.No one had communicated with them so they were all unprotected.
Exposed.
So now the front line has been compromised.

My daughter works in a NIC unit so I kinda have an idea of how staff would react. When that baby was brought in that baby is the focus of atleast 3 to 5 staff in mass but coordinated confusion. Everyone of those staff will tell you the baby comes before their own well being. Unless they had been given sufficient advance notice to prepare, to delay treatment of the baby so they could get prepared would not happen regardless. Now while they are tending to the baby relief staff would be getting prepared to relieve the initial staff so they could get dressed. At the same time other staff would be clearing all other patients and staff from the area. The mother may not have informed the hospital personnel until after the treatment of the baby began. It's possible the baby had been tested and found negative. I'm a little bit suspicious because if the mother was positive and the baby wasn't she would not have had custody of the baby.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Doctor says thousands likely infected in the US already. He says maybe even tens of thousands.
CNBC

Now that really scares the crap out of me. My wife was at the dentist office this morning where they took 2 hours to remove a broken bridge for her teeth. And she will have to go back in about 2 weeks. Each time with a dentist and his assistant sticking their fingers into her mouth. Yeah, they wear gloves, but damn....

<< 230  231  232    234  235  236 >>

join