It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 232
<< 229  230  231    233  234  235 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   
what better way to have a serious disease pass through our population.
A baby. An innocent baby.
Where do we go from here?
I never, ever thought that a baby would be used to pass this on.
I need some time to think about this.
I am beside myself.
A baby!

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Thoughtful1

Alright, welp just let it out, I dunno what your trying to tell us tonight.

Btw dtom, is doing a awesome job on these unprecedented topics on ats.

Just wanted to say good job...
edit on 6-3-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I don't know all of the details but there is a lot to consider . The break down. Where one department does not communicate with another department.
She was beyond upset.
I am too.
Babies.
I really hope that they can survive all of this. I know they can.
But they need someone to care for them.
I am so upset!
Sorry everyone.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Just wanted to poke my head in! I posted a few days ago about the typo on John Hopkins site putting the confirmed cases at almost 2.5 Mill, but no one responded....lol. Was my first ever post here too after lurking for YEARS.

Anyway, I'm in SC. We just found out this evening we have our 1st 2 presumptive cases, 1 of which is in my town. An elderly lady that hasn't traveled and they don't know how she got it! So, sounds like it's floating around here in a rather small town.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   
What I am trying to tell everyone that everything that we have ever thought was sacred is off the table.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   
22 people being monitored in AZ. 5 showing symptoms. 1 of the 2 infections is thought to be community acquired and the other works in the healthcare field

Dr. Cara Christ, director of the Arizona Department of Health Services, said now that we have community spread, we could see 28,000 cases of coronavirus in months (in AZ), as the virus spreads much like the flu.
Instead of trying to prevent the virus, public health agencies will now focus on slowing the spread.

www.abc15.com...

edit on 6-3-2020 by MaverickLRD because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-3-2020 by MaverickLRD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:05 PM
link   
We are human and we make mistakes. But maybe whoever they may be are counting on that.
We get tired. We make mistakes.
But never, ever should a baby.

I am so very upset.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Thoughtful1

Sounds like a mistake, was made, I think it will be ok. Remember we are not perfect, don’t be mad, instead use that energy to help, figure out ways not to let it happen again. 👍. Good luck where ever you are, hoping you feeling the way you do does not last long.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Sorry everyone.
I am crying.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: cirrus12

But will prob just post on an external site with a link if allowed by ATS

Put a copy on Pastebin then archive today the page created by pastebinning the text because ATS does not like pastebin links and link the page created at archive today.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   
We are not all monsters.
Now we know anyone can be used as a weapon or an unwilling vessel to pass this on to the rest of us.
The best of us will rise above this.
And the most important thing is that we need to forgive each other.
If we do not even know we have it and are passing this around we should forgive.

A baby has taught us.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I am so humbled.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Anynamedangit

Hey, fellow South Carolinian!
According to the Johns Hopkins link, the two presumptive cases are already confirmed. If you zoom in on the US and keep zooming you see a little red dot for Kershaw County and one for Charleston County. If you click on the red dot, it gives the data. LINK

Also, check your private messages!

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: new_here

Hey there! I saw it confirmed on there, i guess i was just kinda hoping! I'm amazed at all the people on FB on the announcements basically yawning. It's scary how many aren't in the least bit worried.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anynamedangit

Hey there! I saw it confirmed on there, i guess i was just kinda hoping! I'm amazed at all the people on FB on the announcements basically yawning. It's scary how many aren't in the least bit worried.

I can't find confirmation anywhere else, but they didn't have them listed when the news first came out, then only had the Charleston one listed for an hour or so, then added the Kershaw County one later.

Did you see my private msg? Kinda want to know if it's in that small town my mom lives in, or in another town. So scary the woman had no travel history or known contact, since it's one of the 1st cases in SC!

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: cirrus12

Yes the virus dies at 54 to 56 C But gets disabled at lower temps. I imagine an Australian breathing the outback air will probably have no worries.
In fact the anomaly which suggests smokers have a less chance of getting it , might be due to the very hot smoke and not the nicotine at all.

Ouch! Not much chance of developing a fever that will help rid this from the body, now is it?

Now I am not a smoker, but is cigarette smoke really that hot when it hits your windpipe?

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I'm not sure if my private message came thru to you..... first time using them.... yes, same small town. Absolutely insane it landed here of all places.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheGoondockSaint

originally posted by: Trillium

originally posted by: lostsock

originally posted by: musicismagic

People I mention many times about buying a bicycle but only got one reply about it and I mention cars are NOT going to do you much good in the very near future. I'm not in panic mode. I'm just laying out some facts. Who would ever think this about the airlines would be affected by a shutdown in Japan could cause travel delays worldwide.

A bicycle wouldn't do me much good MIM, I live 17 miles (27 kilometers) from the closest town.

20 miles for me
on the good side
have my Ice Fishing hut going yesterday
got my limit of 4 in 3 hours
fish & chip tonight

You mean shack? Nobody calls it a hut unless you're not in the Midwest.

Tent actually
And it in Northwestern Ontario ca

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Anynamedangit

I think you have to have 20 posts in order to initiate private messages, it may be the same for replies but I am not sure.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: pasiphae
If anyone else went back to pg 106 to read Advantage's documents.... On pg 107, second post where it says "widespread transmission" the recommendations are where we basically are now. Large events canceled, being told to work from home, and quarantines.

I think the higher ups know very well there is widespread transmission. The mention of media coverage is to stay on message which really seems to be the case. I don't know how many more times I can take reading "wash your hands". And also, "It's usually very mild" with barely any mention of how bad it actually is (I mean it's there but it's not the main message), and the constant "It's just media frenzy" from people when I've actually not seen or head any media frenzy.... just some straight talk. Also note in the docs how photos should be handled. I dunno... this has me rattled. The CDC has handled this in such a weird way there's definitely something brewing behind the scenes. Then theres the talk of using the War Act by Azar the other day.

Why the heck should we be expected to treat this just like a common flu when obviously none of the governments of any country impacted by it are doing that? Hasn't China, Iran, Italy, Japan or South Korea (and counting) ever had the flu before?

<< 229  230  231    233  234  235 >>

join