It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 237
<< 234  235  236    238  239  240 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 07:15 AM
link   
14h02 from live feed below :
"French Health minister announces that we have 11 Deaths, and 716 cases of The Virus as of now."

www.20minutes.fr...

Thats 63 more than last night.

Just behind Germany (717 as of now)

edit on 7-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: 64 to 63, miscounted.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: SuziSurrey
www.quora.com...

Perhaps a home made defence treatment could be created from isopropyl...hmmmmmm.

Any chemists on here to advise?

I'm certainly no chemist, but I do have a large stock of 90% isopropyl I use in my line of work.

I've been using it neat from an empty spray bottle on surfaces, door handles etc. I was thinking if we run out of hand sanitiser, I'll attempt to make a DIY batch by mixing it with aloe Vera gel, or failing that, the wifes expensive face moisturiser lol.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: solarone
There are recipes available online that do not require aloe vera and use glycerin instead.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: FinallyAwake
We're set for 6 months or so, just staying in the house riding this thing out. Things will be shutting down quickly now.

It's snowballing

Wait, 6 months supplies?? 😳

Is this overly precautious?
There's nothing wrong if so imo, just wanted to know how realistic this is.

Many thanks

I also have 6+ months of food and supplies for my family of 5. I did not get it all at once, in fact I have been stashing a little away since 2014.

Probably overly cautious, but I would rather be over prepared, than under.

Remember, the Spanish flu of 1918 went around the world 3 times, and took 18 months before it was all over.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Hey, back in part 1/2 someone posted a 40 minute comp video of all the videos leaked out of china/wuhan. I watched part of it, went back in my youtube history to finish watching it and it wasn't there...

Anyone have a link?

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying

originally posted by: FinallyAwake
We're set for 6 months or so, just staying in the house riding this thing out. Things will be shutting down quickly now.

It's snowballing

Wait, 6 months supplies?? 😳

Is this overly precautious?
There's nothing wrong if so imo, just wanted to know how realistic this is.

Many thanks

I also have 6+ months of food and supplies for my family of 5. I did not get it all at once, in fact I have been stashing a little away since 2014.

Probably overly cautious, but I would rather be over prepared, than under.

Remember, the Spanish flu of 1918 went around the world 3 times, and took 18 months before it was all over.

so i guess my saying of 12 months is real
I can say only this, people WILL NOT BE GOING TO WORK soon, this is already taken place in Japan

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ragiusnotiel

Was it this one maybe?

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Spain update:

430 cases and 6 dead. Growing daily

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I think we must shut down all nuclear power plants before it is too late. I heard it takes about 40 days for a complete shut down. If they employees get sick, no one can maintaine the places. Sure hope this doesn't happen.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
Spain update:

430 cases and 6 dead. Growing daily

I'm seeing 477 and 8 Deaths.

BBC is reporting 475 and 10 deaths on the Live feed.

www.worldometers.info...

14h43 below :
www.bbc.com...
edit on 7-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Not sure but MUCH appreciated

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I just had a thought why nursing homes are getting hit...

12 Firefighters and police officers showed symptoms shortly after their visit to the LifeCare (in Seattle) they were at. On the onset of symptoms seem really too fast, which means they likely already had Corona before they went there.

Locally, I can watch Medical and Fire Calls through an app called PulsePoint. First responders are at the various old folks homes almost daily and at a minimum, every 3 days or so.

The first responders could be the ones spreading the bug in communities. They likely would be the first to get it and with there be a delay in onset of symptoms, they could spread it far and wide very quickly in a given community.

** Which makes me very nervous since I am running sound for a TownHall meeting in 3 weeks for Sheriff, Fire and EMS. BLAH.
edit on 7-3-2020 by ShortBus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nucleardoom

originally posted by: underwerks
I think I have it. I’m sicker than I can remember being. It started with a sore throat, then went to a stopped up nose and fever, sweating and freezing. Lethargic, no energy, and a bad cough. I’m in Tennessee. This is the third day and it’s worse.

Another thing that may or may not be anything, the internet is down in my entire city. I’m using mobile data to post this and even it seems to be throttled and extra slow. I contacted the internet company and they said something has happened in Austin, TX.

It all seems a little too coincidental to me. I’ve been trying to look up the symptoms all day and I can barely load a webpage.

I think I have it too - sore throat, weak/low energy, left lung feels heavy, nose isn't runny just a bit stuffy at times.
Odd thing is it feels like I have a fever sometimes, but when I check my temp it's normal? Also a slight dizzy/disoriented feeling.
Overall it's not too bad for now, I've been sick around 4 days or so now from when the symptoms first started appearing (sore throat). I smoke so I'm not sure if that's supposed to help me or work against me as I've seen differing info on that.

YMMV

ETA: This thing has spread everywhere like wildfire. At this point I'd guess we're easily in the hundreds of thousands if not the low millions of cases here in the US by now.
Good luck. Take as much Vit C as you can Kiwi fruit good. and drink hot lemon and real honey mixed. Keep us posted

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

That is a terrible idea. The damage, deaths, and general strife caused by the blackouts and rolling brownouts would be far worse than the virus.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   

I think I have it. I’m sicker than I can remember being. It started with a sore throat, then went to a stopped up nose and fever, sweating and freezing. Lethargic, no energy, and a bad cough. I’m in Tennessee. This is the third day and it’s worse.

Another thing that may or may not be anything, the internet is down in my entire city. I’m using mobile data to post this and even it seems to be throttled and extra slow. I contacted the internet company and they said something has happened in Austin, TX.

It all seems a little too coincidental to me. I’ve been trying to look up the symptoms all day and I can barely load a webpage.

I think I have it too - sore throat, weak/low energy, left lung feels heavy, nose isn't runny just a bit stuffy at times.
Odd thing is it feels like I have a fever sometimes, but when I check my temp it's normal? Also a slight dizzy/disoriented feeling.
Overall it's not too bad for now, I've been sick around 4 days or so now from when the symptoms first started appearing (sore throat). I smoke so I'm not sure if that's supposed to help me or work against me as I've seen differing info on that.

YMMV

ETA: This thing has spread everywhere like wildfire. At this point I'd guess we're easily in the hundreds of thousands if not the low millions of cases here in the US by now.

Last month, daughter had very similar symptoms to the Corona, but also very similar to the flu, so hard to say. She was out for 5 days and at one point she complained about not being able to breath well, but a rescue inhaler helped her and we never went to the doctor.

A week later, I developed a sore throat and it lasted for a few days and then I started to have a bad cough. It got bad enough I went into the doc only to be sent home with a rescue inhaler, calling it viral. No testing. The next day, I was on the mend and while I still have a dry cough off and on weeks later, it's not bad. I felt like I had fever a few times, but never registered one.

By other daughter just came home yesterday with sore throat and sinus type stuff and she had low energy and body hurt, but no fever and has still been doing school, work and other things. She had some stuff to help with the symptoms, but she seems to already be doing a little better.

I imagine NONE of us (my daughter and I) have/had the Corona virus. South Korea is testing TONS of people and while they have high numbers of infected, if flys in the face of those saying it might be in the tens of thousands or hundreds.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ShortBus
I just had a thought why nursing homes are getting hit...

12 Firefighters and police officers showed symptoms shortly after their visit to the LifeCare (in Seattle) they were at. On the onset of symptoms seem really too fast, which means they likely already had Corona before they went there.

Locally, I can watch Medical and Fire Calls through an app called PulsePoint. First responders are at the various old folks homes almost daily and at a minimum, every 3 days or so.

The first responders could be the ones spreading the bug in communities. They likely would be the first to get it and with there be a delay in onset of symptoms, they could spread it far and wide very quickly in a given community.

** Which makes me very nervous since I am running sound for a TownHall meeting in 3 weeks for Sheriff, Fire and EMS. BLAH.

I don't think most people are aware of this: a person infected for five hours is capable of transmitting the virus. It must be on the net somewhere by now. I think is has to do taxi cab drivers infected then passing it on . Anyway I believe it is very true and the virus does mutate up to 4 time in the body. Known places are the lung and throat, but I don't know where else at the moment.
edit on 0300000032282020-03-07T08:28:32-06:00283203am8 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ShortBus

YMMV

Last month, daughter had very similar symptoms to the Corona, but also very similar to the flu, so hard to say. She was out for 5 days and at one point she complained about not being able to breath well, but a rescue inhaler helped her and we never went to the doctor.

A week later, I developed a sore throat and it lasted for a few days and then I started to have a bad cough. It got bad enough I went into the doc only to be sent home with a rescue inhaler, calling it viral. No testing. The next day, I was on the mend and while I still have a dry cough off and on weeks later, it's not bad. I felt like I had fever a few times, but never registered one.

By other daughter just came home yesterday with sore throat and sinus type stuff and she had low energy and body hurt, but no fever and has still been doing school, work and other things. She had some stuff to help with the symptoms, but she seems to already be doing a little better.

I imagine NONE of us (my daughter and I) have/had the Corona virus. South Korea is testing TONS of people and while they have high numbers of infected, if flys in the face of those saying it might be in the tens of thousands or hundreds.

it is now know that the asthma inhaler has some benefit to those hospitalize and have lose of appetite. So I believe that type of inhaler is good, not a cure, but 2 other people on the forum here mentioned something about inhalers also

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Worldometers is now showing Spain at 500 cases, +99 for today so far.

www.worldometers.info...

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I think you've crossed over into the realm of panic. Dial it back a notch. I'm taking this seriously, but no need to shutdown critical infrastructure. It's not the end of the world.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I have a golf buddy who has been flying back and forth from Ft Lauderdale to Dallas. We played golf yesterday and he was not feeling well. My buddy is young and healthy but Im thinking the entire time "hope he didnt catch CV and now Im possibly exposed."

Just this morning 2 cases where confirmed in Broward county where Ft Lauderdale is.

Oh well nothing I can do about it now but I was thinking that if I'm gonna catch this thing its better to happen now before Hospitals are slammed.

He said he hadnt feeling well for a few days. So considering we played yesterday I guess the next 1-7 days will be stressful.

Im 46 and healthy so we will see.

<< 234  235  236    238  239  240 >>

join