It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 238
<< 235  236  237    239  240  241 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   
And if we could do away with the cliche of calling the virus, "this thing", that would be great.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: asdfa
a reply to: musicismagic

I think you've crossed over into the realm of panic. Dial it back a notch. I'm taking this seriously, but no need to shutdown critical infrastructure. It's not the end of the world.

Well we already have people not working at the highway toll booths due to the virus . Monday I hope to have a list of jobs that are in need. Right now restaurants are in need of workers, 7-11 stores are crying for workers and in health care centers, speaking of health care, if the workers don't report to work, who is going to take care of them.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Nucleardoom

I'm 75% on my daughters having had it. Day 9 before my 22 yr old took a turn for the better
Her symptoms were
Fever,exhaustion, cough, the big D for a couple days, sore throat, sputum, bloody nose (she had one 3x in her life), chills,nausea, vomiting.

At one point her fever went away for 48 hours and came back.

She never complained of muscle aches,runny nose, or shortness of breath.

I just crashed for 15 hours. Woke up feeling like crap. No fever though. I'm hoping this is just exhaustion from taking care of my kids.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: asdfa

I think you've crossed over into the realm of panic. Dial it back a notch. I'm taking this seriously, but no need to shutdown critical infrastructure. It's not the end of the world.

Well we already have people not working at the highway toll booths due to the virus . Monday I hope to have a list of jobs that are in need. Right now restaurants are in need of workers, 7-11 stores are crying for workers and in health care centers, speaking of health care, if the workers don't report to work, who is going to take care of them.

There's a huge difference between the two jobs. One is exposed to thousands of people a day and paid the minimum. The other is pretty much sequestered to a building with few other people, maybe having contact with half a dozen people, top security clearance, and paid extremely well. Not comparable at all.
edit on 7-3-2020 by asdfa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Multiple confirmations of a Hotel in China Collapsing.
It was being used as a quarantine building, five stories high.
About 70 people inside, about half (32) have been recovered from the rubble so far:

Link to BBC page.

www.bbc.com...
More info on live feed at 15h36 GMT+1
www.bbc.com...

Also, UK at 206 cases. (15h41 GMT+1 from BBC live feed above)
edit on 7-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff

edit on 7-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff again

edit on 7-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   
The regular flu seems to have a max lifespan in otherwise healthy people of about 5 days. Coughs can come afterwords but just a dry cough and otherwise feeling fine.

Colds can last longer but nowhere near the symptoms.

Has anyone heard what the average life span of CV is in this under 60 or 50?

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: MrRCflying

originally posted by: FinallyAwake
We're set for 6 months or so, just staying in the house riding this thing out. Things will be shutting down quickly now.

It's snowballing

Wait, 6 months supplies?? 😳

Is this overly precautious?
There's nothing wrong if so imo, just wanted to know how realistic this is.

Many thanks

I also have 6+ months of food and supplies for my family of 5. I did not get it all at once, in fact I have been stashing a little away since 2014.

Probably overly cautious, but I would rather be over prepared, than under.

Remember, the Spanish flu of 1918 went around the world 3 times, and took 18 months before it was all over.

so i guess my saying of 12 months is real
I can say only this, people WILL NOT BE GOING TO WORK soon, this is already taken place in Japan

It is a real possibility I believe. Will everything be down for that time. Probably not. It may come in waves. I don't think 12 months is out of the question.

I do hope that I am wrong about that, and it blows over in weeks. If it does last that long, the world will be a very different place.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyBalls2
About 70 people inside, about half (32) have been recovered from the rubble so far:

Link to BBC page.

www.bbc.com...
More info on live feed at 15h36
www.bbc.com...

Also, UK at 206 cases. (15h41 from BBC live feed above)

How did it collapse? Guess they don't know. lol.
edit on 7-3-2020 by ShortBus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ShortBus
The regular flu seems to have a max lifespan in otherwise healthy people of about 5 days. Coughs can come afterwords but just a dry cough and otherwise feeling fine.

Colds can last longer but nowhere near the symptoms.

Has anyone heard what the average life span of CV is in this under 60 or 50?

I have seen it said about 15 days. I don't think there is any consensus on it yet though.

My whole family had the swine flu back in, what was it 2008 -09? Can't recall exactly when. I had it the worst. I had a fever for 14 days with it. Another 2 weeks to get back to normal. Just a guess, but I would figure something like that.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I travel to Las Vegas several times a year for business. My colleagues and I have been talking about how surprised we've been about how few cases there are there given the international visitors the city gets.

This morning I see that Redditors on the r/coronavirus thread are saying there is "chatter of a silent outbreak in Vegas" that is being kept quiet because tourism dollars are vital for the city.

Thoughts? I do know that one of the positive cases in Toronto was a man that had been in Las Vegas. I'm just curious. My company has cancelled all business trips to Las Vegas until further notice.

Edit to add: We were also asking each other this question: if the airlines are impacted enough that they start offering $50 fares to FL, Vegas, etc. Would you fly?

edit on 7/3/2020 by Tukota because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ShortBus

Link to BBC page.

www.bbc.com...
More info on live feed at 15h36
www.bbc.com...

Also, UK at 206 cases. (15h41 from BBC live feed above)

How did it collapse?

They aren't sure yet.
It was people under medical care, so I don't know.

From the Pic, I thought it had keeled over as if one or more of the foundations broke or listed.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Some cases have severe dhiarrea.. there

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tukota
I travel to Las Vegas several times a year for business. My colleagues and I have been talking about how surprised we've been about how few cases there are there given the international visitors the city gets.

This morning I see that Redditors on the r/coronavirus thread are saying there is "chatter of a silent outbreak in Vegas" that is being kept quiet because tourism dollars are vital for the city.

Thoughts? I do know that one of the positive cases in Toronto was a man that had been in Las Vegas. I'm just curious. My company has cancelled all business trips to Las Vegas until further notice.

Slot machines, cards, Las Vegas is probably teeming with it.
Its a tourist city.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: asdfa
I know a power plant worker that leaves the power plant after his shift .
He is known to have a social life after work, going to bars, clubs, movie theaters and hockey games.
I guess they are immune to the virus.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   
LAX chief says CDC did not reveal health screeners who got coronavirus

Officials at Los Angeles International Airport learned for the first time that a health screener at the airport tested positive for coronavirus through a press release Wednesday and not from the Centers for Disease Control, Los Angeles World Airports Interim CEO Justin Erbacci said at a press briefing Friday, March 6.

Erbacci said officials from the CDC, which has been handling screening at the airport since late January, told the airport about eight passengers who tested positive for the virus, but not the screeners.

The revelation raised questions about whether screeners were being adequately protected and exactly how the screenings were being conducted. But there were few answers.

No information about how many travelers have been screened by CDC or which types of travelers are receiving a health screening was revealed as the task was being conducted by the federal agency, according to Erbacci. A media relations person at CDC could not be reached for comment and so far the agency has not issued any details.

And a second screener tested positive Friday.

Earlier Friday, Los Angeles County Public Health Director Barbara Ferrer confirmed that a second health screener tested positive for the virus and CDC was handling an investigation as to how they contracted it. A total of 13 people have been identified in LA County with coronavirus. One has recovered. And three students at UCLA were in self-isolation and awaiting test results.

The latest health screener confirmed to get the virus worked with the screener identified on Wednesday, Ferrer said. Eight passengers coming through LAX, all on trips to Northern Italy, have been identified with coronavirus.

Source

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
Spain update:

430 cases and 6 dead. Growing daily

I'm seeing 477 and 8 Deaths.

BBC is reporting 475 and 10 deaths on the Live feed.

www.worldometers.info...

14h43 below :
www.bbc.com...
Moving fast.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
LAX chief says CDC did not reveal health screeners who got coronavirus

Officials at Los Angeles International Airport learned for the first time that a health screener at the airport tested positive for coronavirus through a press release Wednesday and not from the Centers for Disease Control, Los Angeles World Airports Interim CEO Justin Erbacci said at a press briefing Friday, March 6.

Erbacci said officials from the CDC, which has been handling screening at the airport since late January, told the airport about eight passengers who tested positive for the virus, but not the screeners.

The revelation raised questions about whether screeners were being adequately protected and exactly how the screenings were being conducted. But there were few answers.

No information about how many travelers have been screened by CDC or which types of travelers are receiving a health screening was revealed as the task was being conducted by the federal agency, according to Erbacci. A media relations person at CDC could not be reached for comment and so far the agency has not issued any details.

And a second screener tested positive Friday.

Earlier Friday, Los Angeles County Public Health Director Barbara Ferrer confirmed that a second health screener tested positive for the virus and CDC was handling an investigation as to how they contracted it. A total of 13 people have been identified in LA County with coronavirus. One has recovered. And three students at UCLA were in self-isolation and awaiting test results.

The latest health screener confirmed to get the virus worked with the screener identified on Wednesday, Ferrer said. Eight passengers coming through LAX, all on trips to Northern Italy, have been identified with coronavirus.

Source

So this looks like the first actual proof we are being lied to about the numbers. So it was only 2. How many more have they been keeping secret?

Sad to say, it looks like the Iranian government is being more open than the US government.
edit on 7-3-2020 by MrRCflying because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Possible case in Rockford Illinois. It says the person was in contact with someone who was confirmed. But did not say who or where as this would be Rockford's first case. I live in the middle of no where and now the virus is under a half hour from me

Rockford Illinois
edit on 7-3-2020 by Beltalowda because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Important public service announcement from Texas (a joke), but just in case singing happy birthday doesn't illustrate it, this might.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Rich Z
I watched the news feed about his visit to the CDC.
Someone mentioned just in the last few pages about Trump wearing a jacket and a MAGA cap and that he kept his hands in his pocket.
In fact I was struck by how he kept showing his hands. My first thought was that there were no features on his hands. Like no fingerprints. I froze the picture and looked closely. I think that he was wearing some flesh like material on his hands.
I think he was telecommunicating to someone that "I am safe. See my hands."
I am glad he did this. He needs to stay safe.

<< 235  236  237    239  240  241 >>

join