It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

I have a doc friend in another state and he said that he held a meeting in his clinic today about the virus. Their plan is to reschedule all appointments and if anyone shows up with symptoms he will be suiting up and meeting them at the door (he's the head of the clinic). He will then assess and either call an ambulance or have them drive themselves to the nearest hospital which is 45 mins away. Docs definitely don't want anyone in their office with this and they should all be taking strong precautions.

edit on 28-2-2020 by pasiphae because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   
welp me the wife and the boy have a spring head cold, just wonderful timing for the family.

wonderful timing for a prepper.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: RoScoLaz5
a reply to: carewemust
seasonal flu doesn't shut down the planet. this is.

Who said it was seasonal flu?

Seriously...

The noncited reference given via Twitter by the member that posted such...was actually from an opinion piece in Haartz...

An Israeli expert in infectious disease recommends the authorities dial back a hard-hitting and economically damaging policy and ease public concerns about an illness whose risks seem similar to those of 'regular' flu

Track back to Haaretz

It originated from an opinion piece mentioning the "expert" never by name. Chalk that up to whatever you like.

mg

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Just read "President Donald Trump's administration is considering invoking special powers through a law called the Defense Production Act to rapidly expand domestic manufacturing of protective masks and clothing to combat the coronavirus in the United States, two US officials told Reuters News Agency. The use of the law, passed by Congress in 1950 at the outset of the Korean War, would mark an escalation of the administration's response to the outbreak."

Let’s look at the DPA:

Defense Production Act Authorities

The Defense Production Act (DPA) is the primary source of Presidential authorities to expedite and expand the supply of resources from the U.S. industrial base to support military, energy, space, and homeland security programs. Homeland security programs eligible for DPA support include:

• Efforts to counter terrorism within the United States;
• Emergency preparedness activities conducted pursuant to title VI of the Stafford Act;
• Protection and restoration of critical infrastructure; and
• Continuity of Government.

The President's DPA authorities are delegated to the heads of various federal departments and agencies in Executive Order (E.O.) 13603, signed by Obama in 03/22/12.

It's main purpose is: "This order delegates authorities and addresses national defense resource policies and programs under the Defense Production Act of 1950, as amended (the “Act”)."

link

[url=https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/exclusive-us-mulls-using-sweeping-powers-to-ramp-up-production-of-coronavirus-protective-gear/ar-BB10u5ge]link[ /url]

**not sure just how accurate these sources are

edit on 28-2-2020 by TruthJava because: trying to fix 2nd link

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: checkmeout

We have 22 -23 ish UK military med assets (hospitals of varying types) but these are not real locations in the UK. They are a combination of both regular and reserve field hospitals that can be deployed and used in any number of scenarios. They can takeover a site and move in, set up a location in any geographical location using a combination of tentage, vehicles, box bodies etc etc. The only UK military Hospital is at Birmingham and its is only a wing of the NHS hospital. Member of the Defence Medical Services (DMS), all three services do work with and amongst the NHS but it's not a large number. Most of the Adam S is reservist (I might be wrong on that).

I'm not DMS. Where I'm stationed is rural and out the way. I've been in the army a long time. Nothing great but I don't want to expose myself on an open forum.

At my location I've not seen or heard of anything, no preparations. I haven't heard anything from my wider circle of forces friends either. I have mates in the RN and RAF. At work we have posters everywhere, hand sanitizer and hand towels. The med centre ( which is like your local GP for serving personnel) has posters up and instructions for the Drs, nurses and medics on what to do with a suspected case. But other than that, nothing. I certain there are contingency plans but no orders or instructions have been given that I know of, not where I am. I have not seen any movement of stores that are unusual either.

If I notice anything I'll be on here straight away letting you know.

Personally I'm prepared. It's prudent to be so. All conspiracy aside, what is happening is unusual and extrordinary. My 'alarm' bells sounded off along time ago. Plenty of combat indicators to show that what is coming is coming and we are being lied to. So I've pre parade and can be as ready as I can be. What dismays me is how many people I know are dismissing it in one way or another. As I said, nothing different happening at my location. I'm watching and will brief if it changes.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
originally posted by: tanstaafl
"Yes. That was an extreme case. Not typical, even for the serious cases."

No, it was a kid in the US that got a flu shot.
Regular flu.

Right, I missed that, sorry... but, it reminds me why I never, ever want to get the flu shot.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthJava

I have not been a big fan of Trumps response to this crisis..

However, I am 100% behind this. This is a good call.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brick17
a reply to: checkmeout

We have 22 -23 ish UK military med assets (hospitals of varying types) but these are not real locations in the UK. They are a combination of both regular and reserve field hospitals that can be deployed and used in any number of scenarios. They can takeover a site and move in, set up a location in any geographical location using a combination of tentage, vehicles, box bodies etc etc. The only UK military Hospital is at Birmingham and its is only a wing of the NHS hospital. Member of the Defence Medical Services (DMS), all three services do work with and amongst the NHS but it's not a large number. Most of the Adam S is reservist (I might be wrong on that).

I'm not DMS. Where I'm stationed is rural and out the way. I've been in the army a long time. Nothing great but I don't want to expose myself on an open forum.

At my location I've not seen or heard of anything, no preparations. I haven't heard anything from my wider circle of forces friends either. I have mates in the RN and RAF. At work we have posters everywhere, hand sanitizer and hand towels. The med centre ( which is like your local GP for serving personnel) has posters up and instructions for the Drs, nurses and medics on what to do with a suspected case. But other than that, nothing. I certain there are contingency plans but no orders or instructions have been given that I know of, not where I am. I have not seen any movement of stores that are unusual either.

If I notice anything I'll be on here straight away letting you know.

Personally I'm prepared. It's prudent to be so. All conspiracy aside, what is happening is unusual and extrordinary. My 'alarm' bells sounded off along time ago. Plenty of combat indicators to show that what is coming is coming and we are being lied to. So I've pre parade and can be as ready as I can be. What dismays me is how many people I know are dismissing it in one way or another. As I said, nothing different happening at my location. I'm watching and will brief if it changes.

Thanks Brick17. I know when the Iraq war happened Derriford Hospital in Plymoith, near me, lost a chunk of staff due to deployment leaving quite a chasm. Which made me think where were they going to magic up these military staff from in addition to existing ones working in the NHS. I hadn't thought of reservists.

Thanks for checking in. I've started prepping but it feels like cognitive dissonance. On the one hand people around me are planning their summer holidays and I'm wondering if I have enough batteries...

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Oppenheimer67

I was wondering about the possible number of waves before virulence goes down, the likelihood of increased virulence, and the rate of mutation between waves effecting immunity?

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Met with a C-level executive at my company today and was in close proximity (less than 5 feet). Shortly into the meeting I realized he was sniffling/had a cold.

This is the same executive who went to Taiwan and returned on January 27th! I'm probably being paranoid because we've had phone calls since and he didn't sounds sick, so must have gotten sick more recently. It was over a month ago that he got back from Taiwan - at the time there were 9 or 10 cases there. He would have already come down with it if he contracted it back in Taiwan most likely but I can't help bud wonder.

I scooted my chair further away once I realized he was sniffling... lol

If I catch it I catch it.... #Pray4FamCore
edit on 28-2-2020 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: primalfractal

In the United States the coronavirus mortality rate is already lower than the flu. That is good news. There is no reason for the level of Panic that is being pushed by the US news media all day.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Phelantalon
Good question. I'm not the most knowledgeable person on this topic but I think that you posted this a while back and no one else seems to be answering, so I'll take a stab at it.
I would assume that it depends on where in China he is traveling to.
I think that another important question is: Can he even pick the child up at this time? I'm sure that they require medical records for adoption, but with the current situation, policies may have changed. More documents may be needed, etc. He really should call whoever is handling the adoption. The State Department's website may also be a good source of info to start.
Sorry that I'm not more informative. I hope this helps.
If I think of anything else, I'll post again.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Finally Fixed!!

CDC Has Fixed Issue Delaying Coronavirus Testing In U.S., Health Officials Say

www.npr.org...

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

In the United States the coronavirus mortality rate is already lower than the flu. That is good news. There is no reason for the level of Panic that is being pushed by the US news media all day.

Are you saying I shouldn't have bought the dual fuel generator today? Even though I live out in the sticks and sh$# happens all of the time.

It's all good, I am still preparing for the worst, hoping for the best.

Unfortunately, I do no share the same confidence in the system as you. Or uplifting nothingburger optimism, however you want to put it.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Wizzz0001

Thank you for the reply. I'm pissed that they are even still going and I think they need their heads examined.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The outbreak in the US is just beginning, the number of cases is so small as to be statistically irrelevant ie. impossible to make accurate CFR estimates from.

On average, using data from where the outbreak is more advanced, coronavirus is at least 20x more dangerous than the flu.

I realize they have cried wolf many times before, the trick it to actually check yourself if he is coming.

The idea this one is some kind of massive fake psyop is just ridiculous. If anything has been covered up, its far more likely to be - that its actually worse than they are saying.
edit on 28-2-2020 by primalfractal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Of course there is. The media has been against Trump from day one, with this virus they can use to say Trump isn't doing enough, even if it doesn't take off like it has in other countries. They'll really ramp it up when it gets closer to election time.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   
yet another strange, unexplained circumstance...

The Shanghai laboratory where researchers published the world’s first genome sequence of the deadly coronavirus that causes Covid-19 has been shut down.

www.scmp.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Phelantalon
Understood.
With something like adoption, the heart wants what it wants and I think that
overshadows logic at times. Combine that with the long time period it takes to go through the process (people get impatient) and the next thing you know, they're yelling "Leroy Jenkins!!!!" and flying headlong into ground zero.
I guess that all you can do is encourage them to research the travel warnings and immigration/emigration policies. They're adults and they have access to the same info that we do. It's ultimately their decision.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Now confirmed cases in 59 countries, wow! That jumped quickly...

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join