It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 226
<< 223  224  225    227  228  229 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

"results show an approximate fatality rate of 0.6%"

Yes a very good point. South Korea has been remarkable. And you could still argue that it is unlikely they are finding/tracking all cases. So fatality rate could be even lower still. There are still many other variables at play, such as strains, ethnic susceptibility, propaganda/misdirection etc, but I do believe this is the best evidence/data we have for modelling a cross-section of an entire population rather than just the more severe cases, as seen in China originally, or just close contacts, as seen everywhere else. And it is also the best evidence we have that this thing might not turn out as deadly as some data suggests. I don't mean this in any way to disrespect the suffering and lives lost. But we can at least hope.

link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: ragiusnotiel
Pence just said 19 crew and 2 passengers tested positive on grand princess, not sure what they said before. Wonder what they are gonna do with the ship now?

No source, press conference

Guantanimo is lovely this time of year... or if they need somewhere closer, Alcatraz.

I am pretty sure they are taking them off. Looking for a source hold on.

Cant find a source briefing just finished, one will turn up soon...

I PRAY I heard wrong.
edit on 6-3-2020 by ragiusnotiel because: more

link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
Got a tip that domestic flight cancelations will be happening shortly. I don’t know any more than that so can’t answer questions.

Hoping the event the wife has tickets for tomorrow is canceled. I’d rather her not risk it.

I see that Apple is telling staff in San Fran to work from home.

Wow you go to a meeting for 2 hours and the sky is falling.

Some airlines are cutting 50% of their flights, because demand is dropping.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShortBus
Like 9/11, everyone in USA knows where they were when they found out the news.

I wonder what our 2020 story(ies) will be during the great plague of 2020.

It was awful Billy; grandpa had to wash his back side in the shower because he was to arrogant to go out and buy extra toilet paper, he kept saying "its just the flu" ... well it wasn't.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Cabin crew in the UK have posted pictures on Twitter of empty flights!
It was mentioned in parliament they are still flying despite them being practically empty which is a combo of no-shows and no bookings. I think it's still financially better for them to fly than not - i'm not sure why as I didn't listen fully to it.
Flybe also went bust this week - partly due to the virus and also other factors - but it didn't help matters.

www.bbc.co.uk...
a reply to: ShortBus

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Kentucky has its first confirmed case:

www.14news.com...

Edit: And Indiana:

www.14news.com...

Both have declared states of emergency
edit on 6-3-2020 by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShortBus

Got a tip that domestic flight cancelations will be happening shortly. I don’t know any more than that so can’t answer questions.

Hoping the event the wife has tickets for tomorrow is canceled. I’d rather her not risk it.

I see that Apple is telling staff in San Fran to work from home.

Some airlines are cutting 50% of their flights, because demand is dropping.

Sounds like a good time to book a flight and travel, if prices are dropping, too.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Nice find.

I suspect if the US had the ability to test most of its population, the foresight to use the 95-percent accurate test, and the cooperation of the American people, the overall death rate would be closer to .01.

EDIT: Postmates announced a no-contact delivery option here in Denver for food and sundries. Let the bandwagoning begin!

edit on 6-3-2020 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ragiusnotiel

You likely didnt hear wrong. Its America after all and they've not managed to say no to admitting people who should not be allowed back on US soil yet during this debacle.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Hey just a question:

What happens if lets say 25 states are under state of emergency? 50?

Anyone actually know?

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Ha! That's how I felt the other day. Went to the grocery was gone for about an hour... came back to all sorts of sh*t hitting the fan

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ragiusnotiel
Hey just a question:

What happens if lets say 25 states are under state of emergency? 50?

Anyone actually know?

I've wondered THE SAME THING and have mentioned it a few times but no one has replied to it

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onlyyouknow
www.kxan.com...

HOUSTON (KXAN) — There are a total of six patients in the Houston area who have presumptively tested positive for the coronavirus (COVID-19). All were members of a group who had recently traveled to Egypt. “This new case in Houston is not unexpected because it’s among the same group of international travelers associated with other cases in the Houston area,” said Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner in a press release. “There remains no evidence of community spread, no need to alter our normal activity in Houston and certainly no reason to let fear grip our lives.” The new case is a woman who is between 60 and 70 years old. Houston Public Health says she is hospitalized and stable.

Yes just north if me in Houston, TX. Reports are 8...a few in Austin and Fortbend County. Harris County we expected. I live in a community separated by distance.

Offshore breeze/winds add to safety. Our community could survive months. We already closed the beach access.

mg

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Redditers are maintaining a very detailed map here:
www.google.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Starman
@StarmanUSA
Video in Moscow Airport let you understand low number of cases of #COVID19 in Russia, they also close, ban and prohibit entry in 20.000 miles of border with its ally China, stop all flights immediately. I hate communism but recognise measures well taken

There is a video on twitter with his post. No idea if this really is Moscow but this is definitely related to the virus

twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Got a phone call today, that an employee of a major hospital in Lansing told her aunt that there is a case of the virus in Lansing.
Obviously not swearing by it, but I will be watching the news for the next couple of days, to see if it gets reported.

It would be the first case announced, in MI, if true.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: FamCore

LOL

‘Now Is the Time to Act,’ W.H.O. Chief Warns

Uhhh, NO, over a MONTH ago was the time to act! WHO is a fricking laughing stock UN puppet that has made things worse

I am guessing they can smell that $8 billion dollars the USA now has to spend on this coronavirus and want a piece of that action. IMHO.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: pasiphae
Starman
@StarmanUSA
Video in Moscow Airport let you understand low number of cases of #COVID19 in Russia, they also close, ban and prohibit entry in 20.000 miles of border with its ally China, stop all flights immediately. I hate communism but recognise measures well taken

There is a video on twitter with his post. No idea if this really is Moscow but this is definitely related to the virus

twitter.com...

Now that's pro active measures, and it's just the flu, yep nothing to see here.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Is some kind of federal type emergency declared? Or something is then activated?
a reply to: pasiphae

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   
New here. This is an interesting update

www.quora.com...

COVID-19 is spreading with astonishing speed; COVID-19 outbreaks in any setting have very serious consequences; and there is now strong evidence that non-pharmaceutical interventions can reduce and even interrupt transmission. Concerningly, global and national preparedness planning is often ambivalent about such interventions. However, to reduce COVID-19 illness and death, near-term readiness planning must embrace the large-scale implementation of high-quality, non-pharmaceutical public health measures. These measures must fully incorporate immediate case detection and isolation, rigorous close contact tracing and monitoring/quarantine, and direct
population/community engagement."
:
edit on 6-3-2020 by SuziSurrey because: In depth info

top topics

<< 223  224  225    227  228  229 >>

join