It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 224
<< 221  222  223    225  226  227 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: pasiphae

He said they'll be checked before they enter the US and if they have symptoms they have to self quarantine.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   
www.kxan.com...

HOUSTON (KXAN) — There are a total of six patients in the Houston area who have presumptively tested positive for the coronavirus (COVID-19). All were members of a group who had recently traveled to Egypt. “This new case in Houston is not unexpected because it’s among the same group of international travelers associated with other cases in the Houston area,” said Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner in a press release. “There remains no evidence of community spread, no need to alter our normal activity in Houston and certainly no reason to let fear grip our lives.” The new case is a woman who is between 60 and 70 years old. Houston Public Health says she is hospitalized and stable.

link   

originally posted by: Onlyyouknow
SXSW (south by southwest festival) canceled in Austin, Tx.

www.kxan.com...

THANK JESUS! I have been thinking they were on the verge due to so many people dropping out. I was hating the thought of us being inundated at spring break time.

link   

originally posted by: cirrus12
Are you me?! Saving posts as PDFs
I was just going to ask everyone how to best post a thread of key Tennisdawg info which I have saved as a Word Doc currently.
It's 11 pages...and I went through his posts and selected the relevant ones
Inspired by Tennisdawg saying he is self quarantining I wanted to go back and re-read then thought it would be so useful to have them all as one doc. But not sure how to post here - it's too long for one single post I think - any advice from anyone?
Also thanks Tennisdawg for the info, hope you come back at some point

a reply to: Oppenheimer67

Make a google doc, public! I would love to have access to that as well.

Kudos for doing it!

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tukota
a reply to: MrRCflying
www.nytimes.com...

just scroll down a bit to see the U.S. map. I had counted 24 states that didn't have a case in them just about an hour ago and since that time both Minnesota and Nebraska declared cases.

Thank you!

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: pasiphae

originally posted by: Onlyyouknow
SXSW (south by southwest festival) canceled in Austin, Tx.

www.kxan.com...

THANK JESUS! I have been thinking they were on the verge due to so many people dropping out. I was hating the thought of us being inundated at spring break time.

Completely agree.

I am not freaking out but am definitely concerned. Hello to everyone, I have been following since 1st thread. Thanks for everyone's posts.

link   

originally posted by: Tukota

originally posted by: Advantage

This outbreak is dynamic and manifests differently by location, setting, population, and individual. As a result, PA information efforts to COVID-19 will need to be flexible, tailored, and incremental.

I just skimmed through this document when it was first posted, but rereading it, this line jumped out me. We've seen that this seems to affect some aggressively and others only mildly. Location could be reference to weather maybe. Setting?

Tennisdawg mentioned that the main quarantine areas would be along the gulf coast as it would be easier to contain the virus in a naturally humid area. It will be interesting to see how climate around the world plays a part in the severity of the virus and overall spread.

link   
An update from Central Texas,USA.

The City of Austin has cancelled the South by Soutwest (SXSW) conference which was scheduled to start next week. I figured this would happen. The general belief is that conference organizers were never going to do this on their own. Waiting to be compelled by the city to cancel means they can collect their insurance $$$.

This is pretty huge. Hundreds of thousands of people converge on Austin every year for this huge event, which brings in around USD$350 million to the city in under two weeks. For many small businesses in the area, this amounts to the cancellation of their Black Friday where they make all their profits for the year.

Announcement by SXSW

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Phelantalon

Glad to hear about the adoption. Not the best timing though.

Not sure if they are circumventing anything, but I would expect that they will be put in quarantine when they get back.

Then again, what is the point now. Community spread is already here.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nucleardoom

originally posted by: texasgirl

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

Holy See

Ok, Holy See isn't a Country, it's situated within the Vatican City which is a separate state to the rest of Italy.

Any updates on the Pope? been in public lately? might do some searching..

The Vatican says the Pope tested negative for the virus. Yeah, well, let's see how many tests they do on him.

I'm not convinced yet...

I'm right there with ya, I'm 99.99999% sure he's got it and they're just covering it up to try and slow the inevitable panic/pandemonium that will ensue shortly.

Yeah, what are the unwashed masses going to think if God won't even save the Pope? Things are going to get REAL interesting, I think.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Thanks
Not sure a Google doc is the way to go in terms of privacy and also I think they can then be edited online?
I will have a think though!
a reply to: ragiusnotiel

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying

I'll keep ATS updated with what they go through in China and entering the US. I'm curious as to what he sees while over there and I'll share anything he tells me that is pertinent, here.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   

South Korea is the best model for this virus. It has been doing aggressive testing, and it uses a different test kit than the US which is 95% accurate. As a result, they have tested more people than cases identified in the entire world. So far, the results show an approximate fatality rate of 0.6%.

South Korea has a health care system that is modern and more like our own here in the states, and their ability to aggressively test with kits that work has allowed them to uncover those cases many experts thought were being missed due to lack of testing -- cases that were mild and thus going unrecognized and uncounted because they self-resolved.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   
spectators-will-be-banned-at-ncaa-division-iii-basketball-tournament-games-at-johns-hopkins-due-to-coronavirus

CBS Sports
edit on 6-3-2020 by ShortBus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: pasiphae
US 234 cases and 14 deaths - that's a 5.9% CFR. We're really trying to win this thing!

I realize the numbers are skewed due to the assisted living place getting hit. It's early in the numbers game but it's not looking good after watching the presser with the families at the life care center

Well with the number of elderly retired people, and perhaps elderly "snowbirds" coming down to roost from the northern states of frost and snow, I expect Florida will eventually win the country's CFR lottery by a landslide. Might take a little bit for the contagion engine to crank up, though. And I'm sure with the dearth of testing, that sure isn't helping to get a true picture of reality. Honestly, I'm not really sure I even want to take a glimpse of reality right now.

IMHO.

edit on 6-3-2020 by Rich Z because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: UFO1414
The first case of coronavirus confirmed in Nebraska

The patient is a female in Omaha who had traveled to the UK, officials said.

www.klkntv.com...

Oh great. Getting closer to home now.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: cirrus12
Thanks
Not sure a Google doc is the way to go in terms of privacy and also I think they can then be edited online?
I will have a think though!
a reply to: ragiusnotiel

They can be yes but only by you or someone you authorize. I have one running for the coronavirus as well, just US numbers ans links etc.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: cirrus12

Yes the virus dies at 54 to 56 C But gets disabled at lower temps. I imagine an Australian breathing the outback air will probably have no worries.
In fact the anomaly which suggests smokers have a less chance of getting it , might be due to the very hot smoke and not the nicotine at all.
edit on 6-3-2020 by anonentity because: adding

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

South Korea is the best model for this virus. It has been doing aggressive testing, and it uses a different test kit than the US which is 95% accurate. As a result, they have tested more people than cases identified in the entire world. So far, the results show an approximate fatality rate of 0.6%.

South Korea has a health care system that is modern and more like our own here in the states, and their ability to aggressively test with kits that work has allowed them to uncover those cases many experts thought were being missed due to lack of testing -- cases that were mild and thus going unrecognized and uncounted because they self-resolved.

But there may be a difference in South Korea-If that cult was actually trying to spread it to as many people as possible,that would change the way the virus spread,compared with a country where people are trying not to spread the virus.
The cult may be the reason SK have seen such a huge amount of cases.
Do they have the death penalty in SK?
If the cult is found to be responsible for willingly trying to commit mass bio terrorism,they should swing IMO.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   
mobile.twitter.com... %2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2F2%2Ftwitter.min.html%231236050442741673986

FTT:

See new Tweets

Breaking: Austin officials have announced that the 2020 #SXSW festival has been canceled amid coronavirus fears

<< 221  222  223    225  226  227 >>

join