It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 227
<< 224  225  226    228  229  230 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: missed_gear

originally posted by: Onlyyouknow
www.kxan.com...

HOUSTON (KXAN) — There are a total of six patients in the Houston area who have presumptively tested positive for the coronavirus (COVID-19). All were members of a group who had recently traveled to Egypt. “This new case in Houston is not unexpected because it’s among the same group of international travelers associated with other cases in the Houston area,” said Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner in a press release. “There remains no evidence of community spread, no need to alter our normal activity in Houston and certainly no reason to let fear grip our lives.” The new case is a woman who is between 60 and 70 years old. Houston Public Health says she is hospitalized and stable.

Yes just north if me in Houston, TX. Reports are 8...a few in Austin and Fortbend County. Harris County we expected. I live in a community separated by distance.

Offshore breeze/winds add to safety. Our community could survive months. We already closed the beach access.

mg

I am in a small town outside Austin. My daughters close friend at school has a Mom who is a Doctor. She pulled her Daughter out of school this past Monday for two weeks due to having a patient with this covid-19. The school hasn't made any announcements. I asked the front desk the other day if they have a contingency plan plan for telecommuting school work. She said no; they are hoping spring break coming up week after next will clear things out- UGH.

There has been a stomach virus circulating this past week and my daughter has been out the last 3 days with it.
edit on 6-3-2020 by Onlyyouknow because: Covid-19 not Clovid-19: picky spell check

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShortBus

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
Got a tip that domestic flight cancelations will be happening shortly. I don’t know any more than that so can’t answer questions.

Hoping the event the wife has tickets for tomorrow is canceled. I’d rather her not risk it.

I see that Apple is telling staff in San Fran to work from home.

Wow you go to a meeting for 2 hours and the sky is falling.

Some airlines are cutting 50% of their flights, because demand is dropping.

FEAR has that effect.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
Trump visit to CDC may be back on...while blowing up his own White House statement about not wanting to distract from the CDC's mission.

Can they get any of this right?

The White House canceled a planned presidential visit to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta on Friday, citing the interference a trip may cause amid a growing coronavirus outbreak, though Trump undercut that message later Friday saying that someone at the agency had the virus and that the trip might still happen.

"We may go. They thought there was a problem at CDC, somebody that had the virus," Trump said in the Diplomatic Reception Room of the White House, during a signing of bill to spend more than $8 billion to fight the virus. Trump added that the person in question at the CDC has tested negative for the virus.
"They've tested the person very fully and it was a negative test," Trump said. "I may be going. They're going to see if they can turn it around with Secret Service."
Trump's comments contradicted guidance from a White House official just hours earlier that the leg of the trip was scrapped because Trump did not want to be a distraction at the agency.

Source

I am hoping that if Trump does go there, he has an axe in one hand, and a whip in the other. Some things really need to change with the CDC, I believe. IMHO.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 6-3-2020 by 38181 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: SuziSurrey

That is interesting.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Correction 3rd AZ case is in Tucson not Phoenix. That’s worse actually.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   
@burdman30ott6 I sent you a PM if you could reply thanks

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   
This is for Brits here.
Please sign and share to your social media pages if you have them.

"May I ask all my friends, whether you are employed or self employed to please sign this petition I have started and share it to your page.
4.8 million people are registered self-employed in the UK. Figures are of 2017 according to the Office of National Statistics. It would be easy enough to work out what each person is entitled to based on their tax returns.
Include self-employed in statutory sick pay.

The self-employed make up 15% of UK's workforce. Majority are not entitled to any sick pay. I want the Government to include us in the recent changes to statutory sick pay because of the Corona19 virus. Excluding us means the Government are running the risk of said people continuing going to work as just like everyone else we have bills to pay and thus spreading the virus."
Petition Parliament

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   
From New Orleans:

My friend’s wife works at hospital on the West Bank and they have a possible hit. Tracker from Italy, test sent to CDC.

Hospital emailed his wife saying to cancel all travel domestic and international.
edit on 6-3-2020 by JSpader because: Grammar

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rich Z

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
Trump visit to CDC may be back on...while blowing up his own White House statement about not wanting to distract from the CDC's mission.

Can they get any of this right?

The White House canceled a planned presidential visit to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta on Friday, citing the interference a trip may cause amid a growing coronavirus outbreak, though Trump undercut that message later Friday saying that someone at the agency had the virus and that the trip might still happen.

"We may go. They thought there was a problem at CDC, somebody that had the virus," Trump said in the Diplomatic Reception Room of the White House, during a signing of bill to spend more than $8 billion to fight the virus. Trump added that the person in question at the CDC has tested negative for the virus.
"They've tested the person very fully and it was a negative test," Trump said. "I may be going. They're going to see if they can turn it around with Secret Service."
Trump's comments contradicted guidance from a White House official just hours earlier that the leg of the trip was scrapped because Trump did not want to be a distraction at the agency.

Source

I am hoping that if Trump does go there, he has an axe in one hand, and a whip in the other. Some things really need to change with the CDC, I believe. IMHO.

Oh he definitely went I saw him there with Redfield. Was curious to me, hes a germaphobe- wore a new 'keep america great' hat a windbreaker (why?) And kept his hands in his pockets and head down most of the time.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: cirrus12
Is some kind of federal type emergency declared? Or something is then activated?
a reply to: pasiphae

Gotta be something. We're in uncharted territory though.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   

BREAKING: 21 people on board the Grand Princess cruise ship off San Francisco test positive for coronavirus, Pence says

twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: tennisdawg
My final good bye from tennisdawg:

As I sit here in a Chik Fil A in the southeastern USA, I am reminded that this is the final time I will be eating this kind of food for many months. My personal self quarantine is beginning Monday, and I am taking advantage of this last weekend to go places I want to go and do things I want to do. It is definitely the last day that I trust others with my food or well being. I am in the high risk category since I only have one kidney. In all likelihood, my body would not survive the experimental treatments for this virus.

We are at the precipice of a world changing and paradigm shifting event.

As I have stated before, time will now be measured only as before and after the virus. History is being written right now. I urge all of you to enjoy the last weekend before the shift in public perception of this event.

The people on this site mean the world to me. This is why I chose ATS as the location of all my whistleblowing. The knowledge I have gained over the years here is incalculable and priceless. Please take care of each other, and your pets. Regardless of what this virus does to our vessels called bodies, please remember that it cannot touch or change the light that these bodies contain. We are eternal, and I will see you guys on the other side.

tennisdawg

I wish that many of your posts had not been censored here. I feel you had viewpoints and news that would have been valuable to read.

Fare well and stay healthy.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Onlyyouknow

I'm in S. Austin and am from Houston. My BFF in Houston is getting pretty nervous.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Just a reminder, over 2400 people in that Korean church are infected. The Moron church in Japan has canceled all services. This week alone 100000 people are expected to be infected worldwide. Are you still going to church? Cruise ships are the worst thing to be in now. 21 now infected on the ship in San Fran. People, Im sorry to say but large and even small events Id stay away now. The shortage of toilet paper in Japan was actually started by a worker that works at the place here where we make it. He started a false rumor, we actually make all toilet paper in this country and it doesnt come from China. I think that man will loose his job. That cause long lines in major cities, but there is no shortage. Now I hope someone doesnt start a rumor on rice. Yikes! As mentioned about trains and subways, passenger count is about 20 percent less now.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

How is one of the best nations in numerous indexes the best model?

That's like saying Einstein or Usain bolt are the best model humans. They are at the top of the charts. Theres probably 190 countries in a much worse position than South Korea, so you can't say oh it will all be okay as South Korea is managing to keep deaths low. Sk's exponentially growing infections have just began, give it another week and their system will be struggling and the deaths will catch up.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thoughtful1
Here it comes!!!

I had much earlier posted my concerns about the control that China has over our pharmaceutical industry. They have 90% control and that includes antibiotics. India makes our generics and they receive the raw material to make them from China so that is in peril as well.

"Be Bold:
The World Owes China a Thank you.
It is in Chinese but one important highlight..."If China imposes restrictions on pharmaceutical exports the U.S. will be "plunged into the mighty sea of coronavirus."

Why would we have ever had one country be in such complete control of the production of our medication?
This does sound like a veiled threat doesn't it?
Since most of the medication is produced in Wuhan they aren't able to manufacture anyway but the saber rattling...?
So we have 2 to 3 months of supply. Then what?

We never should have allowed this to happen. This country is an enemy. Why would we allow something so important be under their control.

xinhauanet.com/2020-03-04/c_1...
I wish I could figure out how to link this but it is there in Chinese.

Short answer? Greed.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I d like to say something again about the USA or even maybe other countries , but USA anyway. Japan will next week make a statement of a State of Emergency , I mentioned that the USA seems to be about 3 days behind what Japan does, so although it is very wrong to say this, but if Japan goes into a state of emergency, it would be IMPOSSIBLE for me not to think America wont follow. Stay tune on my post this Monday.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

To be frank, if you've got a cold or flu of any sort and have to go out in public, you wearing a mask is sort of a proper thing to do to at least try not to spread the virus to others in normal times.

When I hear this, it sounds like a salesman telling me that they can sell me a screen door that has a mesh that is too small for mosquitoes to go through come into your house, but the mesh is big enough for the mosquitoes to fly through to get out of your house.
If the filter media is fine enough to stop a virus when you exhale, it is fine enough to stop a virus when you inhale.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Chance321

Yeah, I don't know. I'm only repeating what he told me.

top topics

<< 224  225  226    228  229  230 >>

join