It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 225
<< 222  223  224    226  227  228 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   
If anyone else went back to pg 106 to read Advantage's documents.... On pg 107, second post where it says "widespread transmission" the recommendations are where we basically are now. Large events canceled, being told to work from home, and quarantines.

I think the higher ups know very well there is widespread transmission. The mention of media coverage is to stay on message which really seems to be the case. I don't know how many more times I can take reading "wash your hands". And also, "It's usually very mild" with barely any mention of how bad it actually is (I mean it's there but it's not the main message), and the constant "It's just media frenzy" from people when I've actually not seen or head any media frenzy.... just some straight talk. Also note in the docs how photos should be handled. I dunno... this has me rattled. The CDC has handled this in such a weird way there's definitely something brewing behind the scenes. Then theres the talk of using the War Act by Azar the other day.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Phelantalon

They were told they have to wear masks everywhere they go in public in China.

I'm curious about something here. We've all seen the posts from the CDC saying that we don't need to wear masks, it's not recommended to wear masks, only health care providers need to wear masks. Yet these folks are being told YOU WILL WEAR MASKS by China.
Is the CDC trying to get the virus to spread here?
www.marketwatch.com...

The CDC said last month it doesn’t recommend people use face masks, making the announcement on the same day that first case of person-to-person transmission of coronavirus was reported in the U.S. The CDC recommendation on masks stands

edit on 6-3-2020 by Chance321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Two coronavirus victims attended AIPAC conference where Mike Pence spoke: report

The American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) is reporting that two people who attended their conference have tested positive for COVID-19 coronavirus.

“We have confirmed that at least two Policy Conference attendees from New York have tested positive for the coronavirus,” AIPAC said in a letter sent to everyone who attended.

They are urging any other attendees who may have coronavirus to contact local health authorities.

S ource

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Pence just said 19 crew and 2 passengers tested positive on grand princess, not sure what they said before. Wonder what they are gonna do with the ship now?

No source, press conference

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Well, covid-19 has hit where I live.

1st COVID-19 Case in St. Paul, MN

Ugh.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Add Oklahoma.

Oklahoma patient tests positive for coronavirus

OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – As health experts across the globe deal with outbreaks of the coronavirus, it seems that Oklahoma officials are now dealing with a confirmed case locally.

On Friday, officials with the Oklahoma State Department of Health held a news conference to announce that the state has its first confirmed coronavirus case.

Gov. Kevin Stitt said that a Tulsa County man in his 50s, who recently traveled to Italy, tested positive for the virus. Officials say he is being quarantined while other suspected cases are being monitored.

“At this time, there is no evidence of community spread,” said Gov. Stitt.

Authorities say the patient traveled back to Tulsa on Feb. 23, but didn’t actually become ill until Feb. 29. They say he is stable, and is staying at home. The man’s family is also staying at home during the quarantine.

Source

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Chance321

No, China assumes everyone has CV so they mandated wearing of masks in public by everyone to reduce the risks of infected spreading it. To be frank, if you've got a cold or flu of any sort and have to go out in public, you wearing a mask is sort of a proper thing to do to at least try not to spread the virus to others in normal times.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chance321

I'm curious about something here. We've all seen the posts from the CDC saying that we don't need to wear masks, it's not recommended to wear masks, only health care providers need to wear masks. Yet these folks are being told YOU WILL WEAR MASKS by China.
www.marketwatch.com...

The CDC said last month it doesn’t recommend people use face masks, making the announcement on the same day that first case of person-to-person transmission of coronavirus was reported in the U.S. The CDC recommendation on masks stands

If we literally only have 10% masks for 100% of the population, then there is no point telling people to wear masks. If you wear a mask, you likely will get held up by gun point so someone can have your mask.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShortBus

www.marketwatch.com...

If we literally only have 10% masks for 100% of the population, then there is no point telling people to wear masks. If you wear a mask, you likely will get held up by gun point so someone can have your mask.

Who would put on someone elses used mask?

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

www.lohud.com...

One was this New York lawyer.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ragiusnotiel
Pence just said 19 crew and 2 passengers tested positive on grand princess, not sure what they said before. Wonder what they are gonna do with the ship now?

No source, press conference

Guantanimo is lovely this time of year... or if they need somewhere closer, Alcatraz.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Well this isn't good-
2 British Airways baggage handlers at London Heathrow have tested positive for the virus:

www.standard.co.uk...

So people are travelling back from overseas with potentially infected baggage,to anywhere in the UK
(because heathrow is the main hub,and many domestic flights go from there all over the UK).
Great huh?

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

www.marketwatch.com...

The same people that would take the mask by gunpoint if the CDC said everyone needs to wear a mask and there is not enough to go around.

The same people stealing wipes from grocery store cart areas.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   

www.marketwatch.com...

Cough vigorously in it and the robber will almost certainly apologize for troubling you and may even leave some of his or her own valuables behind in their haste to GTF away from you.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

www.marketwatch.com...

Cough vigorously in it and the robber will almost certainly apologize for troubling you and may even leave some of his or her own valuables behind in their haste to GTF away from you.

LOL

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

www.marketwatch.com...

The same people that would take the mask by gunpoint if the CDC said everyone needs to wear a mask and there is not enough to go around.

The same people stealing wipes from grocery store cart areas.

They're not stealing used wipes, though...

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I remember people having chickenpox sleep over parties when I was a kid ... maybe we can do that with the coronavirus; get it over with like pulling off a bandaid; the suspense is killing me.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Got a tip that domestic flight cancelations will be happening shortly. I don’t know any more than that so can’t answer questions.

Hoping the event the wife has tickets for tomorrow is canceled. I’d rather her not risk it.

I see that Apple is telling staff in San Fran to work from home.

Wow you go to a meeting for 2 hours and the sky is falling.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Like 9/11, everyone in USA knows where they were when they found out the news.

I wonder what our 2020 story(ies) will be during the great plague of 2020.

top topics

<< 222  223  224    226  227  228 >>

join