It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 223
<< 220  221  222    224  225  226 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   
U.S. state of Minnesota to announce first Coronavirus case this afternoon.

minnesota.cbslocal.com...

kstp.com...

edit on 6-3-2020 by UFO1414 because: 1st link broken?

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   
My wife just got back from taking our oldest to the doctors. He had an ear infection, and it was a follow up.

They both wore Nitrile gloves, just to keep from touching things.

My wife now feels humiliated, and questioning me. Seems the doctor just about read her the riot act about how gloves won't help, and there is nothing to fear about the Corona virus, it is no worse than a cold.

This is a doctor we have trusted for years and years.

What the heck is going on here? Who is telling them to downplay this, and why? Just to not start panic?

In a couple of weeks, we will see who is correct I guess. If it goes bad, I will have some words with her after.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

This outbreak is dynamic and manifests differently by location, setting, population, and individual. As a result, PA information efforts to COVID-19 will need to be flexible, tailored, and incremental.

I just skimmed through this document when it was first posted, but rereading it, this line jumped out me. We've seen that this seems to affect some aggressively and others only mildly. Location could be reference to weather maybe. Setting?

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tukota

This outbreak is dynamic and manifests differently by location, setting, population, and individual. As a result, PA information efforts to COVID-19 will need to be flexible, tailored, and incremental.

I just skimmed through this document when it was first posted, but rereading it, this line jumped out me. We've seen that this seems to affect some aggressively and others only mildly. Location could be reference to weather maybe. Setting?

I was about to post exactly the same thing. This really is quite something

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tukota

I pondered a while back that this virus might be more effective/virulent in certain populations. But, it is an RNA virus.

As soon as someone in another population has it, it might be mild, less virulent, whatever. But as soon as that person passes it on, the virus has passed on a more capable version of itself, for that particular population. You therefore develop a mutated version for each population, typically more virulent once it becomes established in any given population. It's natures way.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AquaticSquirrel
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I wrote an asp.net core app that will save every post from every page of this forum but I have not ran it yet b/c I read somewhere it is not allowed/against forum rules. ...unless a moderator tells me otherwise. It would be nice to have a backup of these forums; more importantly, since it simply saves all posts to a single .html page it is also searchable.

This, would be incredibly useful. A percentage of all readers could download the entire forum in a matter of megabits. They can't bag us all.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Oppenheimer67

I've also been wondering about AMEDDDoc... if they've been on today that's a good sign. Hope we hear more from our ATS resident experts!

edit on 6-3-2020 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   
The first case of coronavirus confirmed in Nebraska

The patient is a female in Omaha who had traveled to the UK, officials said.

www.klkntv.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   
My friend and his wife left for China an hour ago. I still can't believe they went and I can't believe they were allowed to go.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: UFO1414

www.klkntv.com...

Is there a US state by state map? The only ones I could find are way behind on the reporting.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phelantalon
My friend and his wife left for China an hour ago. I still can't believe they went and I can't believe they were allowed to go.

WHY would anyone do that now????

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Are you me?! Saving posts as PDFs
I was just going to ask everyone how to best post a thread of key Tennisdawg info which I have saved as a Word Doc currently.
It's 11 pages...and I went through his posts and selected the relevant ones
Inspired by Tennisdawg saying he is self quarantining I wanted to go back and re-read then thought it would be so useful to have them all as one doc. But not sure how to post here - it's too long for one single post I think - any advice from anyone?
Also thanks Tennisdawg for the info, hope you come back at some point

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Ack ! Thank you! I actually saw that but was multitasking and for got all about needing to go back and read it! I hope they come back.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying
www.nytimes.com...

just scroll down a bit to see the U.S. map. I had counted 24 states that didn't have a case in them just about an hour ago and since that time both Minnesota and Nebraska declared cases.

link   
SXSW (south by southwest festival) canceled in Austin, Tx.

www.kxan.com...

link   

originally posted by: Phelantalon

They might not be able to come back....

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   

link   
a reply to: MrRCflying

They're adopting a kid. I train Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu with him. Does anyone on here know if they are circumventing anything by going. They are taking a lot of different flights to get there. They were told they have to wear masks everywhere they go in public in China.

link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying

originally posted by: UFO1414

www.klkntv.com...

Is there a US state by state map? The only ones I could find are way behind on the reporting.

www.nytimes.com...

Scroll down.

<< 220  221  222    224  225  226 >>

join