It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 221
<< 218  219  220    222  223  224 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Indiana Confirms 1st Case of Coronavirus

The patient is a man who recently traveled to Boston and had contact with individuals at an event where other positive cases have been reported.

www.nbcchicago.com...

www.nytimes.com...
edit on 6-3-2020 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I am sure that they have had several arguments and it is brought up daily.

If they make it, they might listen to you next time.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: MrRCflying

originally posted by: malektaus
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

you really think the utilities are gonna be shut off? do you think that this will be an the end of society?

Let's look at it this way.

Some estimates have put world wide infection to be 60-80%. I think this is high, but let's say 40%. You have 40% of your workforce out, not all at once, but say 10% at a time. Others will be skipping out of work to stay home, or in quarantine, unable to come to work.

Will utilities be able to function with say 25-40% reduction in workforce? Not sure.

Honestly, I don't see it happening, but you can't rule it out either.

I keep a supply of potable water in my basement, about 80 gallons.
Why do I keep it there?
My water supply was off once due to an earthquake rupturing a water main in the middle of the winter.... In Pennsylvania!
I didn't store water back then, and I really wish that I had. We were melting snow just to flush our toilets. Do you know how much snow you have to melt to flush a toilet? Our water was off for close to a week.

I have no idea if the virus will get bad enough to affect the utilities, I don't expect it to, but I will be ready if it does.

I am on a well, and also have collection barrels. If the power goes out, I can still run the pump from a generator. To save gas, I would only run it for as long as it takes to fill up the tubs, and some gallon jugs. That would last a couple of days for flushing.

If you are on a city supply though, it only makes sense to keep extra.

I bet melting all that snow was lots of fun.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   
There are real social mysteries regarding this Covid thing here in Europe...i will give two examples about my country, Portugal, wich no one here seems to find any reasonable explanation...???

For example for more than 2 months masks are already totally sold out at all portuguese pharmacies and other places who sells them...but at no place in Portugal we can see on the streets, public places, sport events, etc etc, any single person using them!!! So, we can assume people only bought it because it was fashion and trendy.

Second...Alcohool has sold out in almost all wallmarts for almost a month and an half....but as people says no one uses alcohool anymore because it only serves to start fire on a typical portuguese food wich we call "chouriço assado" with bread.
A kind of this »»» www.youtube.com...

And by the way...are those guys in Australia eating toilet paper!!???

PS: Here in Portugal he have right now 13 confirmed and few dozens more suspected (we are a tiny humble country)...besides masks that no one uses and alcohool to eat *chouriço assado* almost all people dont give a single worry about it for the time being...basically portuguese way of life is "we all gonna die one day, sooner or later, why worry in advance"...so keep calm but vigilant, relax, and see what happens next..Peace to all
edit on 6-3-2020 by AngelsDecay because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

They're both what I would consider elderly and thus in the high risk category.

I hope they come through without becoming infected, but cruise ships are just extra large Petri dishes for viruses as the diamond princess in Japan showed us and so I fear that they will be exposed and possibly succumb to the virus.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   
From The Guardian (UK) Live Feed

More information about the Vatican City infection:

The patient who has tested positive in Vatican City participated in an international conference hosted by the Pontifical Academy of Life last week, a local source has told the Reuters news agency.

Participants at the three-day conference on Artificial Intelligence at a packed theatre close to the Vatican itself included top executives of Microsoft and IBM, Reuters reported.

The academy issued a separate statement saying it was informing all other participants of the development by email but did not say it was the same person whose case was announced earlier by Vatican spokesman Matteo Bruni.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   
On March 4th, the first death in the state of California, due to coronavirus, was reported. This was to a 71 y.o. man. He is stated to have been a Placer county resident, passing away in the city of Roseville. Now Roseville is in the very western part of Placer county, and is approximately 15 miles east of Sacramento, the capital of California. Roseville is just under 100 miles from San Francisco. He had just recently came off a Mexican Rivera cruise on the ship Grand Princess. This is the Grand Princess itinerary from February 11, 2020 (www.icruise.com...://m_icruise_com/itin eraries/10-night-mexican-riviera-cruise_grand-princess_2-11-2020_html=&)
February 11 – San Francisco
February 15 – Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
February 16 – Manzanillo, Mexico
February 17 – Mazatlan, Mexico
February 18 – Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
February 21 – San Francisco

I have many concerns on his illness. The first is, where and when did he get it? And how did he travel to S.F. and back to his home? Remember, on or around February 10 and 11th, there were not many cases in the U.S. being reported (I believe 1 in Seattle, a few in the Midwest).
- Did the Sacramento area already have it (probably, but I highly doubt this is the point of infection)
- Did the San Francisco area already have it (a possibility, especially around the airport)
- Did he acquire it from a fellow passenger/crew member on board the ship (my personal thought)
- Did he acquire it from Mexico [which at the time being, I thought was only reporting at most 1 confirmed case] (I highly doubt)
- Did he acquire it after getting off board (I highly doubt)
- How did he get to and from his residence to the ship: personal vehicle, taxi/limousine, bus, commuter airline
Second concern, presuming he acquired from a fellow passenger, what tourist areas, and tourist transportation modes did any of the infected individuals use?
Third concern, since this ship departed to Hawaii on the same day it debarked from the Mexican Riviera Cruise, and had (I presume) the same 1100 crew members, along with 62 back to back cruisers (those who went directly from the Mexican Riviera Cruise to the Hawaiian Cruise, on the same ship). This is the scheduled itinerary for the Hawaiian Cruise for the Grand Princess from February 21,2020 (www.cruisemapper.com...):
February 21 – San Francisco
February 26 – Kauai Island
February 27 – Oahu Island (Honolulu)
February 28 – Maui Island (Lahaina)
February 29 – Hilo Island
March 5 – Ensenada, Mexico (Cancelled)
Mach 7 – San Francisco

Fourth concern, if any of these infected cruisers took tours (and I presume a lot of them did), did they infect any of those individuals who perform these tours, and might any of these tour guides now be preparing to infect the next set of tourists?

“Each man’s life touches so many other lives.” - Clarence ‘It’s a Wonderful Life’ (1946)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I have been following these threads since the beginning and it's finally my turn to chime in.

I live in Toronto, Canada and today the media reported on a confirmed case roaming around on our public transit and subway (trains). They boarded the buses and trains on Mar 2, 3 and 4th to commute to work and commute home from work. We have roughly 1.69 million people using these public transits everyday!

Now, the TTC (Toronto Transit Commission) is telling its riders that it is still safe to go on these buses and trains...

How the hell? Not even sure what to say... cruises are being quarantined, planes filled with people are being quarantined at a random location...

This person came into contact with possibly thousands of people and they're saying it's safe... okay.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AngelsDecay

All I can deduce is that some bright entrepreneurs bought as much as they could and have been reselling to the highest bidding countries. Speculation, anticipation, good business sense or jackals... take your pick.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Encia22

All I can deduce is that some bright entrepreneurs bought as much as they could and have been reselling to the highest bidding countries. Speculation, anticipation, good business sense or jackals... take your pick.

Check my friend

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ShaolinMilk

If at all possible, stay away from all public transit. I still can't believe people are voluntarily boarding planes.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   
230 new cases plus 2 new deaths in France...

www.worldometers.info...

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoeRivers

3 new cases in California. 2 are former passengers on the "Grand Princess". Do they mean Diamond Princess, or is this another ship?

Are passengers of the Diamond Princess still in quarantine?

Different cruise chip...off the coast of California I believe.

Ah... Okay, how many princesses are there roaming the seas? LOL

Here you go!

I wonder, once this is over, if they will be removing the word Princess from their ships to avoid bad memories.
edit on 6/3/2020 by Tukota because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tukota

3 new cases in California. 2 are former passengers on the "Grand Princess". Do they mean Diamond Princess, or is this another ship?

Here you go!

I wonder, once this is over, if they will be removing the word Princess from their ships to avoid bad memories.

Whatever they think of changing it to, I hope they don't choose "Diana Cruises". Some memories never fade.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks
230 new cases plus 2 new deaths in France...

www.worldometers.info...

Cheers, not been noted on any of the live feeds yet.

edit : If I have to wear a mask, I choose this one, on the left.

edit2 : 230 is a lot in one day. Damn.

edit on 6-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: hmmm

edit on 6-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: i give up

edit on 6-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tukota

Here you go!

Change the Princess to Pestilence. Pestilence Cruise Lines: Your source for norovirus, influenza, the clap, and Coronavirus... high seas adventure is at the tips of your unwashed appendages.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngelsDecay
There are real social mysteries regarding this Covid thing here in Europe...i will give two examples about my country, Portugal, wich no one here seems to find any reasonable explanation...???

For example for more than 2 months masks are already totally sold out at all portuguese pharmacies and other places who sells them...but at no place in Portugal we can see on the streets, public places, sport events, etc etc, any single person using them!!!

I don't think 'people' bought them all. Not that early. There will have been millions. I noticed they were gone well too early for panic buying (the disposables). I would buy up to a thousand at a time for work, and they were just gone. Not just from the usual supplier, but all of them. You could still buy a few, 5 here, 7 there if you went round to collect them yourself from various stores, but proper online suppliers were cleaned out.

I believe governments did this, and did it for 2 reasons. To stockpile, and to prevent the public having them. By stopping the public having them, you prevent it becoming normal. You can mock those that do wear them, and play down the whole thing for longer. The "delay" strategy.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Check my friend

For all their greediness, I hope they remember to keep some for themselves. Otherwise, it could be "checkmate" for them!

Italian proverb: "il diavolo non fa i coperchi"
Translates to: "the devil makes the pots but not the lids"

Stay safe, I hope Portugal gets through this with no pain.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oppenheimer67

For example for more than 2 months masks are already totally sold out at all portuguese pharmacies and other places who sells them...but at no place in Portugal we can see on the streets, public places, sport events, etc etc, any single person using them!!!

I believe governments did this, and did it for 2 reasons. To stockpile, and to prevent the public having them. By stopping the public having them, you prevent it becoming normal. You can mock those that do wear them, and play down the whole thing for longer. The "delay" strategy.

You said what I couldn't...

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   
just a few random thoughts

i think we are still in the phase where some areas might less affected

however at least in all of europe i would say it is certain that the virus has been circulating extensively since january undetected in the following places

-areas around all airports
-all major cities
-tourists hotspots
-medical schools and areas where doctors , nurses and medical students mostly live

if i look at northern italy, there is a significant cluster around bergamo, where there is an airport

in france they found a significant link between the cluster in the region of l'oise and roissy-charles de gaulle airport (serving paris)

the british are only just starting to disclose today infections at heathrow

(the above just being examples)

I found an interesting site for stats on all large and small cities in europe link

in major cities i would find strange if by now everyone had not caught the virus at least once. It is actually almost encouraging that this is going undetected due to the relatively young age and fitness of the population, but it might turn out to be a disaster if people are not warned about this soon

Quite shocking that even these days in most places people that get sick first get tested for normal flu, if they test positive to normal flu, no further checks are done, unless people declare travel from china or italy

In northern italy there are cases reported among younger people as officials follow trails around patients. However the checks are triggered by older people having worrying symptoms or needing hospitalization . These are areas with a much older population than places like london. Local doctors are not taking chances in these areas anymore

PS people are too relaxed in some places. i was starting to get paranoid 2 days ago and went to the pharmacy in switzerland at 8 am to get some vitamin c for my parents. I was the first customer in this large pharmacy, there was only one pharmacist working and he was sneezing everywhere without covering his nose.. The swiss only worry about stuff coming from abroad but really, this is crazy
edit on 6-3-2020 by marshaxt because: (no reason given)

<< 218  219  220    222  223  224 >>

join