It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 218
<< 215  216  217    219  220  221 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ShortBus
It's one thing if the Corona Virus comes to your neighborhood and you get it, it's another if you are traveling and bring the Corona Virus back home.

A tour group from Greece went and toured Israel, West Bank and Egypt. The tour bus driver in Israel had Corona, but didn't know it. When the group got back to Greece, 21 of them had the Corona Virus.

I know 40 people going in 2 weeks to Israel to tour it, along with Egypt, etc, if just one of them gets it but doesn't show symptoms until after they get back, then they bring it back to our neighborhood and the people we hang out with and we don't yet have any people in the state with the virus, that is known.

www.jpost.com...

Isn't Israel locked down to only residents ?
That was what I thought. A day or so ago.
I expect if you are already there they can't do much, but I understood that entry was denied to all non residents.

edit : No, that was for certain countries only.
France, Switzerland, germany, Italy and Spain, iirc.
edit on 6-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
a reply to: Village Idiot

well... to me, if you don't have at least 1 grand in the bank... that is being a bit foolish.

Whats the saying about saving for a rainy day??

Well, it's raining pretty hard in most areas at present. I'd begin saving that 1 grand now.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. I don't want to derail the thread!

There are so many people out of touch with reality.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   
So Togo just had one case confirmed, Togo is in Sub-Saharan Africa.

Just thought of this and did a check online :

There are 195 countries in the world. The United Nations (UN) recognizes 195 sovereign countries. 193 of these countries are members of the United Nations, and two - the Holy See and the State of Palestine - are simply observer states. By some definitions, there are 197 countries in the world

195 Countries, and with Togo, we would be at 97 Countries/Territories with infections.

Food for thought.

Togo announcement from BBC Live feed 18h20 below :
www.bbc.com...
edit on 6-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: spelling

edit on 6-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: spelling again

edit on 6-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   
5 schools closed in Central Bucks County School District in Bucks County, PA due to COVID-19 fears:
6ABC

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thoughtful1
One thing that has really been bothering me about the Kirkland [living ]situation is the news feed showing health care workers holding sheets up to protect patients privacy during transport.
They were wearing some pretty ineffective face masks but it just keeps nagging at me that no one was wearing any protective clothing.
There were no hazmat suits, just flimsy face masks.
This is so different from the way other cases have been handed around the world.
We have seen countless You Tube videos showing the exact opposite.

Here come my tin hat version.
Maybe there was no one really infected being transported and that the image presented was to downplay the danger to the public.
Imagine how the residents in the community would have responded.

Instead they are being fed a slow rolling, down played event. No worries here. Just wear a mask and it is just old people with underlying health conditions.

I actually saw that in Portland last night. An elderly person being wheeled into a care home completely wrapped in clear plastic vinyl.

Abundance of caution I hope..

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyBalls2

There are 195 countries in the world. The United Nations (UN) recognizes 195 sovereign countries. 193 of these countries are members of the United Nations, and two - the Holy See and the State of Palestine - are simply observer states. By some definitions, there are 197 countries in the world

195 Countries, and with Togo, we would be at 97 Countries/Territories with infections.

Food for thought.

www.bbc.com...

The real test is if they can infect Madagascar and Greenland.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

Israel is at 21 right now.
Some people push cancellation of schools for coming week, it is Purim soon. Anyway, there are a bit more than 12 thousand tourists in Israel right now, with many flights being cancelled to and from Israel.
There no deaths yet but the driver of the Greek tourists is in bad condition at Poriya hospital.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

originally posted by: MonkeyBalls2

Food for thought.

www.bbc.com...

The real test is if they can infect Madagascar and Greenland.

Greenland could be quite hard, but Madagascar is probably already infected.
then again, they have been battling the Plague last I heard, so they may have already been in a sort of lockdown.
Has been quite a while since I heard of what was happening in Madagascar though.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: solarone
the global economy will take a $2.3 TRILLION hit from coronavirus in the BEST-CASE scenario

The US has lost roughly $3.5 Trillion in the past week and a half. If the world ends up losing $2.5 Trillion, that would represent an improvement over the present.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

surprised Madagascar didnt close it borders at the first sneeze

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: JoeRivers

Indeed, though it is quite possible that certain deaths from the coronavirus are also therefore not being found, we have had a couple of instances where someone died earlier on, and then later was found out to have had the coronavirus (twitter.com...). And this calls into question how long this has been around and spreading. And actually calls a whole lot of things into question.

But one thing I have been thinking about in regards to the real numbers worldwide in all countries. Is looking at where countries are claiming cases are coming from. Recently, the majority are being claimed to have come from travelers visiting Italy and Iran, this is important, because we have to ask what this means. Of course we know currently those 2 countries are being shown to have it the worst, but are other countries only testing people who came back from those countries, and not testing people coming from other countries? This of course would inflate the numbers, making it seem only those countries are exporting the virus.

The reason this is important is for when we ask how long the virus has been spreading in other countries, as well as how widespread it is in other countries. For instance the US, we have not really gotten many reports of countries claiming a case has come from the US, I think we only got one and that person also visited India though. So what would this mean?

I will continue my thoughts in another post, but the point is just that the spreading is a bit suspicious, because if we go with the thought that it has been spreading in other countries longer than we thought, and that countires actually have more cases than reported, like the US, then we would expect to see them exporting cases as well, which isnt the case with the US currently. Of course this could also mean the situation in Italy and Iran is even worse than officially reported. Or its as I said, countries may only be focusing on testing cases coming from Italy and Iran, and not other countries.

So yeah its just an odd thing that im seeing, because most certainly we all would suspect there are more cases and we just arent testing, like in the US, But the amount of cases would have to coincide with how many are being exported. And in this one would expect the US would be having more tourists and people traveling. And if it was so widespread we would have the US exporting cases.But we arent seeing that, though now we are seeing cases increase as we start "testing."

Somethings im wondering is whether the tests themselves are faulty, or there is some kind of contamination. Or of course it could just be bias in who is being focused on testing.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

bnonews.com...

CASES DEATHS RECOVERED
100,779 3,454 55,630

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Facebook London Offices closed for Weekend for "Deep Clean" after Singapore based employee who visited 24-26 Feb tests positive.

From BBC Live Feed at 18h38 :
www.bbc.com...

So, if its just a Flu-like, and not to worry, why all the "Deep Clean" needed for all these offices here and there ?

I wonder how many will come back from home office when they re-open...

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   

id feel more at ease working at a place thats been disinfected,, even if it is a mild flu doesnt make the fact that lots of sick people missing work doesnt help production

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   

So, if its just a Flu-like, and not to worry, why all the "Deep Clean" needed for all these offices here and there ?

Notice who it is who is doing these deep cleans...

Big data and large corporations with board members across different industries with access to much more information than us plebes.
edit on 6-3-2020 by jadedANDcynical because: forgot quote

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: malektaus

id feel more at ease working at a place thats been disinfected,, even if it is a mild flu doesnt make the fact that lots of sick people missing work doesnt help production

Yes, but once they find that they can work from home, why come back ?
The company may not mind.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

Notice who it is who is doing these deep cleans...

Big data and large corporations with board members across different industries with access to much more information than us plebes.

Yes, that wasn't lost on me, I have read of others too MS at least iirc.

edit on 6-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: spelling

edit : tin foil hat : Might also be a good cover to remove/replace a whole load of data/equiptment.
edit on 6-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: Tin Foil

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   
So, I shared the Israel tour group story with one of the people I know going to Israel in 2 weeks. He is in his 70's.

His response: "Always a possibility... anywhere. Thanks! These examples cause panic."

I take that as... Don't send me anymore information about the virus. I can get it anywhere, no need for sensationalism.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Well I am rolling the dice and taking chances.

I went down to the corner taco truck and got a steak burrito and a cow tongue taco. They are the best. The truck has many good reviews for cleanliness and well kept staff, which is two ladies.

All seems well from the corner here off of interstate 55. Nobody falling over sick or dead in the streets yet. Also if they do fall over it may be hard to tell if they are intoxicated or too sick to stand.

I do have my hand sanitizer with me though.
edit on 6-3-2020 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   

doesnt mean anything to me, i cant do my job at home. it would be impossible

top topics

<< 215  216  217    219  220  221 >>

join