It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 216
<< 213  214  215    217  218  219 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy
I am glad you posted that. When I went to Costco the other day the hand sanitizer dispenser had been removed and now the greeter was handing them out.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Ok, so I had a prospective employer give me a call today. After conversing with him a while about the job he levels with me and says that they really need people right now. He then proceeds to ask me if I'd mind coming in today so he could give me a tour of the place. I told him I was reluctant to come in as two days ago I started coming down with something, and have no idea if it's a cold, the flu (A or B), or coronavirus. Told him I really wouldn't want to get everyone sick there if it is corona. He then says something like "I really don't think corona would be anything worse than a cold anyway so I don't mind at all if you'd come on in".

So desperate for employee's you'd risk the health of all your other employee's?

Yea, I think I'll have to pass on this "opportunity".

Needless to say I was kind of stunned, and told him I'd give him a call later today (I won't be calling) to let him know when I'd be in. Are people really this damn stupid?

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Just an observation:

BNO News no longer has "total cases" or "fatalities" listed at the top of their screen and have consolidated their table to include Mainland China with the rest of the countries.

bnonews.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Thoughtful1

Nurses went on strike to force the border with China closed.

After 3 days they were successful. They weren’t only fighting the Hong Kong Carrie Lam idiot administration but the CCP which controls Hong Kong since 99.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   
South America . . .

Peru confirms first case of novel coronavirus

“The first case of COVID-19 coronavirus in our country has been confirmed is a 25-year-old male patient, he was in Spain, France and the Czech Republic,” Vizcarra said. “We have arranged through the Ministry of Health all the appropriate measures, from the medical point of view, so that this patient who is stable has comprehensive care,” he added.

Source

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   
US Secretary of State blasts China for slow response and covering up the Wuhan virus.

Zerohedge

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: tennisdawg
My final good bye from tennisdawg:

TD, you can't post from self-quarantine or don't want to continue? I've really valued your input and voice. Much respect, TD.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Here it comes!!!

I had much earlier posted my concerns about the control that China has over our pharmaceutical industry. They have 90% control and that includes antibiotics. India makes our generics and they receive the raw material to make them from China so that is in peril as well.

"Be Bold:
The World Owes China a Thank you.
It is in Chinese but one important highlight..."If China imposes restrictions on pharmaceutical exports the U.S. will be "plunged into the mighty sea of coronavirus."

Why would we have ever had one country be in such complete control of the production of our medication?
This does sound like a veiled threat doesn't it?
Since most of the medication is produced in Wuhan they aren't able to manufacture anyway but the saber rattling...?
So we have 2 to 3 months of supply. Then what?

We never should have allowed this to happen. This country is an enemy. Why would we allow something so important be under their control.

xinhauanet.com/2020-03-04/c_1...
I wish I could figure out how to link this but it is there in Chinese.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: pasiphae
US 234 cases and 14 deaths - that's a 5.9% CFR. We're really trying to win this thing!

I realize the numbers are skewed due to the assisted living place getting hit. It's early in the numbers game but it's not looking good after watching the presser with the families at the life care center

I wonder if Pence ever saw that video where the families were begging him and/or the governor to come meet with them. I also suspect that even though they tell us in their press conferences that masks aren't necessary, that they'd all have masks on if they took that meeting with the families. One last comment on the press conference from Tuesday evening...the guy from the CDC (Redfield) he's standing there responding to a reporter's question about what we should do with the lack of hand sanitizer that some places are experiencing and he says (paraphrasing here) not to worry and just wash your hands a lot. Someone here posted a great recipe to make your own hand sanitizer using 60% alcohol 40% aloe vera gel. Why couldn't he just simply tell people there are very easy ways to make your own and post the directions on their site? I felt he was being a little condescending. Yes, washing hands works, but if you've just left a grocery store and come in contact with the cart, the card reader thing that you enter your PIN into, or the door, a little hand sanitizer comes in handy. Rant over. Sorry.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Two presumed positive cases in PA, our first ones. Also two cases being monitored in Philadelphia.
6ABC

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: tennisdawg

I wish you well, TDawg, and really appreciate your time here on ATS.

I do hope you'll come back soon.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

Well is " not testing " same as covering up ?

"As of Feb. 26, CDC had performed a total of 445 tests. For comparison, the UK, with a population five times smaller than the US, had conducted over 7,000 tests."

Coronavirus Testing: Criteria and Numbers by Country

Not enough testing means lower infected numbers...

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic
I guess the nurses union will have to enforce some basic, reasonable requirements.
These things are just common sense and should have already been in place.
We have had more than enough time to sort out some very basic things.
Such as the stupidity of sending firefighters and first responders to suspected corona virus cases with no warnings for protective gear.
I just don't get it.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Trump's visit to the CDC is back on

White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham just said that President Trump's visit to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention — which was canceled earlier today — is now back on and scheduled for this afternoon.

There will "probably be a tour" she said when asked what would be on the itinerary.

Explaining the on-off nature of the trip she said: "What the President said is true."

Earlier today, Trump explained that the reason for his canceled trip was because of a potential case of novel coronavirus on site.

“We may go. They thought there was a problem at CDC, somebody that had the virus, it turned out negative,” Trump told reporters in the Diplomatic Reception Room.
A CDC member was suspected to have contracted coronavirus and they did not think they would get the test results in time before the President's trip so "out of an abundance of caution", she said, it was postponed for the safety of everyone involved and to allow the CDC to prevent any further spread.

Earlier today, the trip was cancelled with this explanation.

"The president is no longer traveling to Atlanta today. The CDC has been proactive and prepared since the very beginning and the president does not want to interfere with the CDC's mission to protect the health and welfare of their people and the agency," a White House official told CBS News.

Source

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Se cond metro Atlanta school temporarily closes after possible coronavirus exposure

Luckily, it's just a small private school.

The private school Compass Prep Academy in Canton is voluntarily closing its doors temporarily in an abundance of caution.

A letter to parents that Channel 2’s Matt Johnson obtained from administrators said that a teacher’s child is showing symptoms of the virus.

It says that child attends another school and sits next to a 15-year-old from Fulton County who tested positive for COVID-19 earlier in the week.

State officials are working to ease coronavirus concerns in Georgia; that teen and his father, who was also diagnosed with the virus, remain in quarantine at their home.

On Wednesday, Living Science Home Studies announced a temporary closure because the same 15-year-old is a student there.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I just did some checking about India and what situation they are in about exporting generic medicines.
They have announced that are reducing exports because they cannot get the raw material from China.

These are some very basic medications that we take for granted such as vitamin B, over the counter pain and fever medication and antibiotics. There are 450 different drug ingredients that are affected.

So I am worried. The general public hasn't clued into this yet and right now all the attention is on the spread there are some serious issues that are going to come in the spotlight.

fortune.com>2020/03/037 india-restricts-exports-of-common-drugs
Once again I am clueless on how to link this but the above is a summary.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Arizona has our 3rd, woman in her 40s, first case of community spread.

All cases are in Phoenix metro area.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   
One thing that has really been bothering me about the Kirkland [living ]situation is the news feed showing health care workers holding sheets up to protect patients privacy during transport.
They were wearing some pretty ineffective face masks but it just keeps nagging at me that no one was wearing any protective clothing.
There were no hazmat suits, just flimsy face masks.
This is so different from the way other cases have been handed around the world.
We have seen countless You Tube videos showing the exact opposite.

Here come my tin hat version.
Maybe there was no one really infected being transported and that the image presented was to downplay the danger to the public.
Imagine how the residents in the community would have responded.

Instead they are being fed a slow rolling, down played event. No worries here. Just wear a mask and it is just old people with underlying health conditions.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Add Indiana to the Coronavirus list.

First case of coronavirus confirmed in Indiana

INDIANAPOLIS — Indiana health officials confirmed Friday a case of the coronavirus in the state.

Gov. Eric Holcomb has declared a public health emergency in Indiana.

The patient is an adult male who recently traveled to Boston for an event, Indiana State Health Commissioner Dr. Kristina Box said. The man called ahead to the health department and entered Community North Hospital through a side door with health professionals.

Source
edit on 6-3-2020 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Just got back from the store, used gloves for the first time. Got mostly fresh stuff this time around. Not Walmart, I am staying away from that place. This was our last trip to the store for at least 2 weeks until we know how much further it is going to spread. We will not be eating out either. Still sending the kids to school for now, but I am taking that on a day by day basis. Plan on going to Church on Sunday, less than 100 people there, still will have the hand sanitizer ready. After that I am not sure.

No panic buying yet. Most of the people we saw, were just getting normal everyday stuff. Not many full carts actually. We were the only ones wearing gloves. I did not hear anyone cough or sneeze, so that is a good thing.

They did have wipes and bleach, but no hand sanitizer or Lysol. I did see they had stocked up on smallish bags of rice.

Other than that, a pretty normal outing. I would have liked to see more people, and employees wearing gloves at least. I think picking it up off surfaces is a higher chance than being coughed on.

top topics

<< 213  214  215    217  218  219 >>

join