It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 215
<< 212  213  214    216  217  218 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Another report of someone dying once they were given the all clear from hospital and told to self isolate for 14 days:

A 36-year-old man has died from coronavirus five days after being given the all-clear. Li Liang was discharged from hospital in Wuhan, China, on February 26 after being deemed free from the deadly disease. On 2nd March, just five days into his 14-day mandatory isolation period at a hotel, Mr Li was taken back to hospital with shortness of breath and declared dead shortly after. His wife Ms Mei said his death certificate lists Covid-19 and ‘respiratory blockage and failure’ as the ‘direct cause’ of Mr Li’s death.

Read more: metro.co.uk...?ito=cbshare
Twitter: twitter.com... | Facebook: www.facebook.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   
By keeping infection rates artificially low, you just raise the death rate percentage, which makes things even more ominous. It's disappointing to see that USA has a higher death rate than China and other countries.

I *feel* for the peeps in charge of balancing testing kits, virus spread, public panic, while at the same time not really knowing the real gravity of the situation since it is a big unknown.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   
NanoViricides, Inc. Reports Discovery of Broad-Spectrum Virus-Binding Ligands; Expected to Counter COVID-19

NanoViricides' research team claims to have found broad-spectrum virus-binding ligands that are expected to attack the coronavirus at the same points that the virus uses to bind to its cognate cellular receptor, namely ACE-2 (angiotensin converting enzyme type 2), using molecular modeling based on known SARS-CoV and ACE2 interactions.

The management intends to perform initial testing of these drug candidates for safety and effectiveness in cell culture studies in its own BSL-2 virology laboratory at its Shelton campus, using low-threat coronavirus strains that have been normally circulating in human population. This is a major development in terms of the rollout of any COVID-19 drug.

Not sure how monumental this is (if at all) but wanted to share for our more technically-savvy members who may be able to provide some insights? Anyone?

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Alright, so correct me if i'm wrong. The US cfr seems high due to the fact that they aren't really testing, and ONLY are testing on those who have traveled, and/or have gotten really sick. With that small sample size the death rate WILL be large, whereas if they were mass testing, or at least as much as they SHOULD, they would find the actual infected numbers, which would normalize the death rate ratio to infected.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Aaaaaand shortbus beat me to it lol. Everytime i finally decide to post someone posts my exact thoughts right before me. lol

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoeRivers
Alright, so correct me if i'm wrong. The US cfr seems high due to the fact that they aren't really testing, and ONLY are testing on those who have traveled, and/or have gotten really sick. With that small sample size the death rate WILL be large, whereas if they were mass testing, or at least as much as they SHOULD, they would find the actual infected numbers, which would normalize the death rate ratio to infected.

Not wrong at all.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Trump visit to CDC may be back on...while blowing up his own White House statement about not wanting to distract from the CDC's mission.

Can they get any of this right?

The White House canceled a planned presidential visit to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta on Friday, citing the interference a trip may cause amid a growing coronavirus outbreak, though Trump undercut that message later Friday saying that someone at the agency had the virus and that the trip might still happen.

"We may go. They thought there was a problem at CDC, somebody that had the virus," Trump said in the Diplomatic Reception Room of the White House, during a signing of bill to spend more than $8 billion to fight the virus. Trump added that the person in question at the CDC has tested negative for the virus.
"They've tested the person very fully and it was a negative test," Trump said. "I may be going. They're going to see if they can turn it around with Secret Service."
Trump's comments contradicted guidance from a White House official just hours earlier that the leg of the trip was scrapped because Trump did not want to be a distraction at the agency.

Source

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
Trump visit to CDC may be back on...while blowing up his own White House statement about not wanting to distract from the CDC's mission.

The White House canceled a planned presidential visit to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta on Friday, citing the interference a trip may cause amid a growing coronavirus outbreak, though Trump undercut that message later Friday saying that someone at the agency had the virus and that the trip might still happen.

"We may go. They thought there was a problem at CDC, somebody that had the virus," Trump said in the Diplomatic Reception Room of the White House, during a signing of bill to spend more than $8 billion to fight the virus. Trump added that the person in question at the CDC has tested negative for the virus.
"They've tested the person very fully and it was a negative test," Trump said. "I may be going. They're going to see if they can turn it around with Secret Service."
Trump's comments contradicted guidance from a White House official just hours earlier that the leg of the trip was scrapped because Trump did not want to be a distraction at the agency.

Source

This to me proves that they are scared sh$#less.

It isn't a big deal until someone from somewhere the president is supposed to be "might" have the virus.

It would be any president tho. Not bashing any political crap.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves

Source

This to me proves that they are scared sh$#less.

It isn't a big deal until someone from somewhere the president is supposed to be "might" have the virus.

It would be any president tho. Not bashing any political crap.

The president going there would be a HUGE interruption to the people trying to get things done. Yet, the President being there would be more symbolic of being involved. If he is able to go there and make decisions faster for adding resources or money or whatever, then it would be good. If he is just there for show and tell, it would be not great for the CDC.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

Oh I get it. Go to a city or greater metropolitan area and see a hunred or a thousand of people (forgetting the size of the backdrop which could be millions) and think while viewing , "that is a lot if people camping there!"... it is a fraction under a microscope. Hell, I cant throw a rock without hitting a "help wanted" or "now hiring" sign.

Covid19 will affect rich and poor alike. Am I to understand that infected maybe will be left out to keep shedding the virus? I think not.

Ipso...I'd wager their immune system is stronger than if living in suburbia.

I drive regularly through West Texas (Wolf Camp) to Los Ojos, NM. (20 hours from the coast where I reside). I see poverty, but I see it at scale and for what it is factually. I travel to Dora, MO, as we have property on the North Fork. I am in the wicked oil industry and travel extensively for work, we are cutting that down and using online meetings; working out great and saving a pile of cash on our P&L.

Covid-19 can be weathered by big oil, but the WTI crude was set at US$50, included is multiple supply chain issues before Covid-19 at 6% reduction. Today OPEC+ will announce and Aramco will set April pricing, watching it now. WTI taking a drop if near 5.5%, Brent is of near 5.0%. Demand is off, we are expecting a near 5m bpd reduction.

All of this despite China lifting some of the quarantines and fewer new cases near the epicenter. This virus has outsourcing occurring outside China. China may be stuck with long term hits.

mg

link   
Visitors to a hospital in Northampton have been stealing the hand gel from the wards and even ripping the dispensers off the walls.

Linky

link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves
The nurses union in California have a valid point about having priority testing since they are on the front lines and can infect patients who do not have the corona virus.
I am concerned about the societal impact. The nurses union is very powerful. So what if they call for a strike?

Didn't the medical profession in Hong Kong walk off the job for awhile to force the government to close the border with China.
Does anyone remember what the final outcome was?

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 09:20 AM
link   
My final good bye from tennisdawg:

As I sit here in a Chik Fil A in the southeastern USA, I am reminded that this is the final time I will be eating this kind of food for many months. My personal self quarantine is beginning Monday, and I am taking advantage of this last weekend to go places I want to go and do things I want to do. It is definitely the last day that I trust others with my food or well being. I am in the high risk category since I only have one kidney. In all likelihood, my body would not survive the experimental treatments for this virus.

We are at the precipice of a world changing and paradigm shifting event.

As I have stated before, time will now be measured only as before and after the virus. History is being written right now. I urge all of you to enjoy the last weekend before the shift in public perception of this event.

The people on this site mean the world to me. This is why I chose ATS as the location of all my whistleblowing. The knowledge I have gained over the years here is incalculable and priceless. Please take care of each other, and your pets. Regardless of what this virus does to our vessels called bodies, please remember that it cannot touch or change the light that these bodies contain. We are eternal, and I will see you guys on the other side.

tennisdawg

edit on 3/6/2020 by tennisdawg because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: nolabel
Visitors to a hospital in Northampton have been stealing the hand gel from the wards and even ripping the dispensers off the walls.

Linky

There are reports in the US of people stealing the disinfectant wipes from the entrances of grocery stores.
The wipes are for disinfecting the handles of the shopping carts (trolleys).
The stores have begun to move the stand that holds the wipes inside the stores where they can keep a closer watch on them.

link   
This photo got to me. I think of my own grandparents when they were alive and their devotion to one another. With all the statistics floating around, this photo reminded me how very dear each person facing Coronavirus is to someone. Just wanted to share this. It's important to keep in touch with our humanity in the face of mortality rates and numbers.

Heartbreaking Photos Show Elderly Couple Separated by Virus Quarantine

Charlie Campbell a retired RN from Silver City, New Mexico, takes his mom Dorothy Campbell, 88, of Bothell to see her husband Gene Campbell, 89, through his room window on March 5, 2020 at the Life Care Center nursing home in Kirkland, Washington where multiple cases of COVID-19 have been linked and some patients have died.

Dorothy Campbell, 88, looked through a window on Thursday at her husband of more than 60 years, Gene Campbell.

Her son, Charlie Campbell, a retired nurse from New Mexico, had taken her to visit her husband who is in isolation in his nursing home.

The Life Care Center in Kirkland, Washington, has become somewhat of the epicenter of the state's coronavirus outbreak.

Source

edit on 6-3-2020 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

link   
Benelux update: cases doubled since yesterday,
second day in a row they doubled, total is now 239 confirmed and more being added every hour

Belgium 109
Netherlands 128
Luxembourg 2

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: tennisdawg
Good luck and take care of yourself.
I am anxious to see how your information pans out over the next few months.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: tennisdawg

Thanks for your contribution Tdawg - wishing you well and very grateful for what you have shared on these threads. Hoping we do hear from you again.

If you're on selt-quarantine ATS may be a good outlet to keep your sanity (boy does that sound opposite or what? lol)

Wishing you well...

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Along with the nurses union which could call on a strike to force priority testing there are other unions that are very powerful and can cause significant social disruption.

How about the teachers union?
Just imagine how much impact that would have if all of the children cannot return to school after the March break.
Then parents will find themselves in a difficult position especially if they can not telecommute.

At the university level there are e-mails going out and they are working on contingencies such as on-line study.
Also there is a lot of worry about students that may be stuck in quarantined areas of countries such as Italy and Japan, which are popular destinations.
Most likely they will probably have to restrict this practice of study abroad because what happens to those students who find themselves marooned in countries that will prioritize their citizens.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

The same is happening over here. Hospitals have put everything behind locked doors because visitors just walked out with the hall hand sanitizers. In Germany a hospital was robbed of all it's face masks.

top topics

<< 212  213  214    216  217  218 >>

join