It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 217
<< 214  215  216    218  219  220 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   
One more post for today.
The case of the 30 year old man in Colorado who has tested positive for the coronavirus. He had been skiing at Vail and Keystone and had returned from Italy.
He had to be transported to a lower elevation for treatment.
The lungs are obviously being impacted and can not work as hard as they need to work at such high elevations.

So there is something there that we should pay attention to. Is there going to be a problem with Where a person gets sick?

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoeRivers
Alright, so correct me if i'm wrong. The US cfr seems high due to the fact that they aren't really testing, and ONLY are testing on those who have traveled, and/or have gotten really sick. With that small sample size the death rate WILL be large, whereas if they were mass testing, or at least as much as they SHOULD, they would find the actual infected numbers, which would normalize the death rate ratio to infected.

Possibly... On the other hand, we could have a lot of deaths already from Corona that were put down as pneumonia, seasonal flu, organ failure, etc.

The numbers could be skewed either way. No real way to tell at this point.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Lufthansa may reduce some flights by up to 50% due to decrease in demand.

From Live Feed; 16h44 :
www.20minutes.fr...

From 17h05 on the same feed : A Ukrainian Deputy, Oleg Volotchine, has put himself into voluntary quarantine after meeting for 30mins with his French counterpart Jean-Luc Reitzer, who is in Hospital in ER.
They met on the 27th of February. Mr Volotchine is showing no signs of any infection, but will stay at home until the 14 day quarantine is over.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   
3rd presumed positive case listed on the Arizona dept of health website this morning

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: FamCore

That flatlining out of China is suspicious, all the charts are heading up...It's gonna be a rocky ride ...

I think they stopped testing, or are not reporting to be honest. They are so closed, with nothing coming out, anything could be going on over there.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Paris stock market closes for the day at -4.14%
Yikes.

At 17h39 below :
www.20minutes.fr...

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Is it just me, or does anyone else feel like they need to take a shower after reading some of these updates and stories.

Egad! I can just feel it coming through the keyboard and crawling all over me. LOL

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   
The Vatican has just confirmed it's first case. Makes you wonder if the Pope really is infected too.

ww... w.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2020/03/06/coronavirus-live-updates-us-states-infected-churches-schools-prepare/4965546002/

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: tennisdawg

damn td. You’re a blessing. Thank you. So very much!
You won’t be forgotten amigo. Stay safe, and happy trails.

Catch ya on the flip side, see ya in the slipstream!

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   
The doctor who treated the first Corona case in the US, is now saying she believes it has been circulating unchecked for weeks.

We pretty much knew that already, but I assume this is no ordinary doctor saying that.

https ://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/06/doctor-who-treated-first-us-coronavirus-patient-says-covid-19-has-been-circulating-unchecked-for-weeks.html

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying
Just got back from the store, used gloves for the first time. Got mostly fresh stuff this time around. Not Walmart, I am staying away from that place. This was our last trip to the store for at least 2 weeks until we know how much further it is going to spread. We will not be eating out either. Still sending the kids to school for now, but I am taking that on a day by day basis. Plan on going to Church on Sunday, less than 100 people there, still will have the hand sanitizer ready. After that I am not sure.

No panic buying yet. Most of the people we saw, were just getting normal everyday stuff. Not many full carts actually. We were the only ones wearing gloves. I did not hear anyone cough or sneeze, so that is a good thing.

They did have wipes and bleach, but no hand sanitizer or Lysol. I did see they had stocked up on smallish bags of rice.

Other than that, a pretty normal outing. I would have liked to see more people, and employees wearing gloves at least. I think picking it up off surfaces is a higher chance than being coughed on.

I have kids, wearing gloves is pointless. If it was just me or my wife and I, I would probably be more proactive in the germ department, but if I put on gloves to touch my kids, they will not like that. The kids aren't going to wear gloves unless everyone else is.

I just need to put up signs in the house "wash your hands" as a reminder to ME and everyone else. It's hard to break old habits.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Problems in Bethlehem : The border has been closed with many coaches of tourists queuing up to get in to see the holy city.
Those tourists stuck inside however, are trying various methods to try and get out, circumventing the military barrages.

From Live Feed 17h45 :

www.20minutes.fr...

A few cases have popped up in Bethlehem, hence the closure of the borders.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: tennisdawg

Be easy Tdawg, thank you for everything!!

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   
This is where we are at in society right now...

GET THE KEGS: University of Washington Cancels Classes Until Further Notice....Coronavirus Parties INCOMING!

Brad & Chad and all the other frat f***bois who chain smoke juuls and compete to see who can chug Mike's Hard Lemonade bottles the fastest are going to be throwing BANGERS at their Coronavirus-themed ragers now that University of Washington has canceled classes for 2 weeks.

I'm sure this will end well in every way imaginable!

edit on 6-3-2020 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ShortBus

originally posted by: MrRCflying
Just got back from the store, used gloves for the first time. Got mostly fresh stuff this time around. Not Walmart, I am staying away from that place. This was our last trip to the store for at least 2 weeks until we know how much further it is going to spread. We will not be eating out either. Still sending the kids to school for now, but I am taking that on a day by day basis. Plan on going to Church on Sunday, less than 100 people there, still will have the hand sanitizer ready. After that I am not sure.

No panic buying yet. Most of the people we saw, were just getting normal everyday stuff. Not many full carts actually. We were the only ones wearing gloves. I did not hear anyone cough or sneeze, so that is a good thing.

They did have wipes and bleach, but no hand sanitizer or Lysol. I did see they had stocked up on smallish bags of rice.

Other than that, a pretty normal outing. I would have liked to see more people, and employees wearing gloves at least. I think picking it up off surfaces is a higher chance than being coughed on.

I have kids, wearing gloves is pointless. If it was just me or my wife and I, I would probably be more proactive in the germ department, but if I put on gloves to touch my kids, they will not like that. The kids aren't going to wear gloves unless everyone else is.

I just need to put up signs in the house "wash your hands" as a reminder to ME and everyone else. It's hard to break old habits.

3 kids here as well. They are still doing the school thing, but we have gone over hand washing techniques. They also have sanitizer that they are to use several times a day.

It was just the wife and I going to the store. We used the gloves while in there, mostly for some protection from the cart. Disposed of them and sanitized after.

Who knows about the boxes and bags of things we got. Just have to assume they are okay, as we can't go all day in gloves and masks at home.

None of us will be going to the store for at least 2 weeks, to see which way the wind blows. Even then, if it is needed, it will only be me.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Just for a Timeline thing (How long news takes to go mainstream, etc...) :

The BBC has just posted about the Aussie NT News printing pages in their newspaper for bogroll

Two Days later.

18h00 in the BBC Live feed :

www.bbc.com...

edit : In Sadder Newxs, the Numbers for Italy have come in on Worldometer : +778 cases, and 49 deaths.
Sheesh.
Hang in there Italy.
edit on 6-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Here the updated Italy numbers. Yikes.

www.worldometers.info...
edit on 6-3-2020 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: UFO1414
Here the updated Italy numbers. Yikes.

www.worldometers.info...

I see more than that now. Must have just updated.

edit : Ah, you updated. Still not good news though.
edit on 6-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   
My local Facebook pages (SE UK) Are full of people whinging about selfish people buying out all the hand sanitizer, pain relief and toilet rolls. I said to these people back in january to make sure you had this stuff as we could see what was happening in the far east, but I was the crazy conspiracy nut. My friend and family chuckled at me in good humour. About 10 days ago my mum changed her tune and got her and my dad stocked up.. both my sisters have also changed.. one last week - she works in the city (London) shes on the business continuity plan and says she feels like they're planning for armageddon! Other sister started to panic yesterday..shes 9 months pregnant..luckily shes all set up for a home birth but shes panicking she might have to use the hospital.

The panic buying is definitely starting and spreading her, and im sitting here Safe in the knowledge that my family and I can wipe our backsides for the foreseeable future as i was prepared back in January!

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   
It's one thing if the Corona Virus comes to your neighborhood and you get it, it's another if you are traveling and bring the Corona Virus back home.

A tour group from Greece went and toured Israel, West Bank and Egypt. The tour bus driver in Israel had Corona, but didn't know it. When the group got back to Greece, 21 of them had the Corona Virus.

I know 40 people going in 2 weeks to Israel to tour it, along with Egypt, etc, if just one of them gets it but doesn't show symptoms until after they get back, then they bring it back to our neighborhood and the people we hang out with and we don't yet have any people in the state with the virus, that is known.

www.jpost.com...
edit on 6-3-2020 by ShortBus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 214  215  216    218  219  220 >>

join