It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 214
<< 211  212  213    215  216  217 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: missed_gear

You and I both know you've never left the state of Texas...

Anyhow feel free to add to the updates, we would like to know what's happening locally...yes even in Texas...

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Global infected count is about where mainland China was on 2/2 so we (the globe) are really just over a month behind China (red graphics added by me):

Source: covid19info.live...

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
a reply to: elitegamer23

Umm. Off-topic, but other search engines exist, and they don't appear to be trying to self-promote re: coronavirus. So, yeah, "meh". Your opinion may be different.

Cheers

Oh so very sorry my search engine isn’t good enough for you.

I am just a simple person and not a search engine elitist like yourself .

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

You and I both know you've never left the state of Texas...

Anyhow feel free to add to the updates, we would like to know what's happening locally...yes even in Texas...

No you are insulting above being extremely wrong once again...

mg

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Now, your picture as presented, you can not tell me with any truth ir fact...they are US Citizens. Can you? 

Alright man, we get it.

I have also been all over mainly the midwest and southern US.

I can Tell you that all of the parts I have seen do not look like that. But there are some parts that do look like that.

I can go right down the road here, right off of interstate 55 and take a pic of a guy living in an underpass, right in the middle of a heavily populated area. It is a nice area right off of the interstate.

Either you have not traveled the highways and backroads of podunk America, or you are just completely blinded by your own righteousness, because I can tell you that a large portion of America is in fact living in poverty. Maybe not all like the photo.

But the fact remains that you have spent the last last page or two arguing over a moot point and really, for those of us who really have driven the back roads of the bayou or the slums of lake ponchetrain all the way to dirty streets 20 miles from Atlanta.

We have a lot of poor people here.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

LOL

‘Now Is the Time to Act,’ W.H.O. Chief Warns

Uhhh, NO, over a MONTH ago was the time to act! WHO is a fricking laughing stock UN puppet that has made things worse

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   
UK now at 163 confirmed up from 116 yesterday.

Link

Another death, not confirmed yet though.

Sky News
edit on 6-3-2020 by Tracele because: Add info

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   
So 2 new cases in the UK, British Airways staff, they are at home in quarantine.

5 new cases in Scotland, bringing total to 11

From BBC Live feed :

www.bbc.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   
And we hit 100,000 confirmed cases (100,001)

bnonews.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   

That flatlining out of China is suspicious, all the charts are heading up...It's gonna be a rocky ride ...

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: generik
well this is troubling. 2 new cases in the Philippines today. which puts the number of known cases at 5. the first three of which one died feb1, one went back to China (after testing negative, then testing positive later), on Jan 31. and one that got better, discharged feb 8.

what is troubling is those three cases ended a whole month ago, back when the whole thing started. and other than those brought back from China, and off the cruise ship. and are quarantined at the SEA games facilities, in what was Clark base, there have been no other known cases until now. and now we have TWO cases popping up. one of which the person has not done any traveling outside of the country. and is thus considered a local transmission from somewhere.

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, March 6) — A Filipino who has not traveled out of the country recently has tested positive for the coronavirus, health officials said on Friday. There are two new cases of coronavirus disease or COVID-19 in the country.

Health Secretary Francisco Duque III said the 62-year-old Filipino man who contracted the disease has no known travel to any country with confirmed coronavirus cases, but he regularly visited a Muslim prayer hall in Barangay Greenhills, San Juan City.

"It can be considered as a local case... The absence of travel is a clear indication that this is a local case," he said in a media briefing.
www.cnnphilippines.com...

with this case the person started coughing on feb 25, went in for treatment on Mar1. now here is the thing. i don't recall any of the three original cases being from Greenhills. and they haven't given a specific location for the other new patient, so it would seem he was not in that area. so just where did this person pick it up? are there other people running around with it? or since the mall there has a big flea market type market (lots of fake Chinese goods), did it by chance come in through products brought in from China?

also of concern to me personally, is Greenhills is one of the malls i sometimes go to, being quite close to where i live (also where the hostage taking was a couple days ago). this means it is a little close to home as it were.

the other new case is a person who returned from Tokyo on feb 25, (the same day the other patient started coughing, so that just makes it even more unlikely the two cases are connected). and started having chills and fever on Mar 3, and tested positive yesterday.

Meanwhile, the second new case of COVID-19 in the country is a 48-year-old Filipino man who visited Tokyo, Japan. Duque said he returned to the Philippines on February 25 and started having chills and fever on March 3. He was tested positive on March 5. Duque said he is in stable condition.

The two patients are residents of Metro Manila and are both confined at the Research Institute for Tropical Medicine (RITM).

The DOH is tracking down the people the two Filipinos came in contact with.

"Samples have already been collected from close contacts. DOH is also in close coordination with the concerned local government units for concerted action on identifying persons who had interaction with the confirmed cases," Duque said.
What happened to the Philippine crew on the Diamond Princess. I thought there were some infected and they were cooks also.

they are some of the ones being quarantined at the SEA games facilities, at Clark. for some reason no one is counting those on that ship in their numbers. it even has a separate listing on sites giving the numbers of infected and such by country. just as the ones brought in from China are included in the Chinese numbers, and not for the numbers here. as well as the on e that returned to China, is counted here and not there. and it seems everyone is doing the same thing. counting people by where they were determined to be sick, and not where they currently are.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: NxNWest
And we hit 100,000 confirmed cases (100,001)

bnonews.com...

100674 on Worldometers
www.worldometers.info...

Switzerland, is at +94 for the day so far, ouch.
small country, size wise.
edit on 6-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: spelling and stuff

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: elitegamer23

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
a reply to: elitegamer23

Umm. Off-topic, but other search engines exist, and they don't appear to be trying to self-promote re: coronavirus. So, yeah, "meh". Your opinion may be different.

Cheers

Oh so very sorry my search engine isn’t good enough for you.

I am just a simple person and not a search engine elitist like yourself .

Please PM me if you wish to continue this discussion. No need to derail the thread.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   

That flatlining out of China is suspicious, all the charts are heading up...It's gonna be a rocky ride ...

With the recent news out of Shanghai and Beijing (lockdowns and cancelled plane flights yesterday) I think the numbers are not flat.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

With the recent news out of Shanghai and Beijing (lockdowns and cancelled plane flights yesterday) I think the numbers are not flat.

Possible second/third pass round in China ?

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Maybe I don't really know, well other than I'm being fed lie after lie.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Recap of current China situation;

Video I posted yesterday, 2 new cases in southern manufacturing hub Dongguan, not reported, that’s just 1 video

Flights to/from Beijing and Shanghai canceled

Beijing says 4 new cases came from Italy but offer no proof

Chinese state media demanding apology from world for China bearing brunt of virus (classic CCP bullsh@t)

Propaganda all over social media blaming US and inciting toxic nationalism against US (again classic CCP)

Many factories running machines with no employees to drive electricy usage and simulate GDP

Video I posted vice premier getting blasted by Wuhan residents during apartment complex visit “everything is fake”

Especially the CoronaVirus numbers.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Check out the new cases for March 6th. The day just started!

Iran!

1,234 new cases and 16 new deaths in Iran

Waiting for Italy's update.

www.worldometers.info...

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   
South Korea to void visas of Japanese visitors in virus retaliation

Seoul suspended a visa-waiver programme for Japanese nationals Friday in retaliation for what it called an “irrational” plan by Tokyo to deal with the coronavirus outbreak, escalating a diplomatic row over their containment measures.

The South’s two biggest airlines Korean Air and Asiana on Friday announced the cancellations of most or all of their flights to Japan once the measure comes into force, and K-pop band Super Junior indefinitely postponed their upcoming shows in the country.

Seoul responded Friday evening by announcing a suspension of its visa-waiver scheme for Japanese visitors starting Monday and said it would also invalidate any travel permits already issued.

Vice-foreign minister Cho Sei-young said South Korea would also impose a health check process on Japanese travellers, who may be asked to submit a medical certificate.

South Korea has reported more than 6,500 coronavirus cases — the highest total outside China — and around 60 countries and regions have imposed travel bans or quarantine on arrivals from the world’s 12th-largest economy.

But it has taken particular issue with Japan’s restrictions, with the presidential office calling the decision “irrational” and contrasting its “scientific and transparent” outbreak control campaign with Tokyo’s “opaque and passive” efforts.

Source

Cue the backlash at countries (like the U.S.) who may be keeping infection rates artificially low via NOT TESTING or delayed reporting to countries who are touting that they are being "scientific and transparent."

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I'm livid our govt is doing naff all. 48 more cases today. Doubling cases numbers every other day. When so you introduce some measures Boris?

2 baggage handlers infected

A British Airways spokesman said: “Public Health England has confirmed that two members of our staff have tested positive for the Covid-19 virus.

“The colleagues have been isolated and are recovering at home.”

It is understood the staff are baggage handlers.

www.google.com...

Just been shopping. No overt panic but the toilet roll aisle was practically empty.

top topics

<< 211  212  213    215  216  217 >>

join