It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 213
<< 210  211  212    214  215  216 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 07:04 AM
link   
12 people detected with possible coronavirus on cruise ship on the Nile, in Egypt.
Not sure of number of total passengers.

of particular Note, at 11h44 in the live feed below, In the Department of the "Haut Rhin" in the east of France, any groupings of larger than 50 people is now banned.
This is due to a x8 in the number of detected cases there in the last 48h.

11 h 44 : Le nombre de cas multiplié par huit en quarante-huit heures dans le Haut-Rhin, annonce le préfet

Soit 81 cas confirmés. Les rassemblements de plus de 50 personnes interdits dans tout le département. Une centaine d’écoles fermées.

www.20minutes.fr...
edit on 6-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff

These will be 'organised' gatherings, not casual gatherings, although it wouldn't be recommended anyway atm...

edit : Serbia, Slovakia and Peru have all joined the Club.

From BBC Live Feed :
www.bbc.com...

edit on 6-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff again

edit on 6-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff again

edit on 6-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: 24 to 48h - my bad

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: missed_gear

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: pasiphae
US 234 cases and 14 deaths - that's a 5.9% CFR. We're really trying to win this thing!

I realize the numbers are skewed due to the assisted living place getting hit. It's early in the numbers game but it's not looking good after watching the presser with the families at the life care center

A pretty big percentage of Americans are on skid row, this will end well.

And what "pretty big percentage" is that number?,
please enlighten us...aside from the your distorted comments as fact; apparently Americans have no money on the bank, big percentage on skid row...and all else mentioned..just pure b.s.

Back to topic...

Iranian authorities have warned that they may use force to limit travel between cities, as the country reported 1,234 new cases of the coronavirus in the past 24 hours, a huge jump that takes the confirmed total to 4,747.

Guardian

I've been trying to find reputable articles as there is a rumor there is a mutated version already.

mg

Multiple reputable sources have been posted here. I haven't saved any of the links but yes, there are 2 strains and one is more "aggressive" and you can have both at the same time. Not sure if this is how reinfection happens or not... you get one and then after you're better you get the other? Or can you get the same strain twice? That's not been published to my knowledge

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   

a reply to: missed_gear

Not sure why you're getting aggressive with me, but you do the math you think the virus won't spread through all this money.

That picture does not represent your comment "a big percentage of Americans" nor does it support the premise.

Not aggressive but this virus is affecting the planet, not there just to rib about Americans.

Two strains of the new coronavirus are spreading around the world, according to an analysis of 103 cases. But the World Health Organization insists that “there is no evidence that the virus has been changing”. So how many strains are there, and why does it matter?

Viruses are always mutating, especially RNA viruses like this one, coronavirus SARS-CoV-2. When a person is infected with the coronavirus, it replicates in their respiratory tract. Every time it does, around half a dozen genetic mutations occur, says Ian Jones at the University of Reading, UK.
emphasis added

Newscientist
Now, this kind of news, if factuated, will cause major issues in the international markets (not the Shigella camps of California representing the US...lol).

mg

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Apologies if already posted.....

New study by Australian National University predicts 15 MILLION people will die and the global economy will take a $2.3 TRILLION hit from coronavirus in the BEST-CASE scenario

Daily Mail

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 07:11 AM
link   

At least 40 million in poverty that doesn't include those that are just skimming through....

I'm addressing the lack of priority, there's poor all over the world.

However were still seeing arguments that all is good when it's clearly not. I'm worried of inadequate help to those that struggle . It will impact us all.

edit on 6-3-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I'm seeing Dollar to Yen at 105.15 yen at the moment, just doing a search on google.
And it seems to be going lower.

Markets are down 3 - 4% in a lot of places.
Not good signs.

edit : Just in on the live feed at 14h17, 2 New dead, and 154 new cases in France so far today.

www.20minutes.fr...
edit on 6-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added stuff

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Just an update in small town midwest.

There is becoming a trend of emptying shelves of toilet paper, water and rice.

This is social media confirmed from a couple small towns around me. If it is hitting this podunk area, I believe we are in for a ride.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01
Just an update in small town midwest.

There is becoming a trend of emptying shelves of toilet paper, water and rice.

This is social media confirmed from a couple small towns around me. If it is hitting this podunk area, I believe we are in for a ride.

In the UK, this news won't help either, From the BBC Live feed at 14h16 :

UK supermarkets have rejected claims from Health Secretary Matt Hancock that they have had discussions with the government about getting food to people who have been forced to self-isolate.

He told BBC Question Time on Thursday: "We are working with the supermarkets."

But supermarket sources said that while they have had general talks about security of food supplies, they have not discussed getting food to homes.

One executive told the BBC: "Matt Hancock has totally made up what he said about working with supermarkets. We haven't heard anything from government directly."

He added that sales of cupboard basics like pasta and tinned goods have "gone through the roof".

While the supermarket was largely keeping up with demand, teams are working "round the clock" to keep shelves stocked.

www.bbc.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 07:27 AM
link   

At least 40 million in poverty that doesn't include those that are just skimming through....

I'm addressing the lack of priority, there's poor all over the world.

However were still seeing arguments that all is good when it's clearly not. I'm worried of inadequate help to those that struggle . It will impact us all.

Here illegally, drug addicts, mentally I'll all attracted by certain Ststes to remain in such status quo...Does not represent America, just failed States within. We all know which ones...now...I see no argument "all is well"..

As the virus spreads in the United States, the U.S. Congress approved an $8.3 billion bill to battle coronavirus. That bill goes to Donald Trump’s office on Friday for final approval.

More than $3 billion of that is intended for research and development of vaccines, test kits and treatments. U.S. Vice President Mike Pence, who is leading the U.S. response, urged Americans not to purchase masks if they are healthy in order to free up supply for healthcare workers and people who are sick.

Reuters

mg

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Over here in the Netherlands we have 128 people infected, 1 person of age 86 died but he already had other health issues. Looking at the figures we roughly get 40+ cases each day. Doing some math against the figures gives me chills.

Liveblog: nos.nl...

News article: nos.nl...

It's in dutch so you need to translate via google.
edit on 6 3 2020 by Toinski because: Added some text.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Sorry but it does represent America, you may see yourself as separate states, however the rest of the world sees you as a country.

Why do you think people struggle to with the whole north America, South America, central America and then the United States of America which really are not all that United.

You're like a bunch a nutters, maybe modern family is far more prophetic than could be imagined.
edit on 6-3-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Hey guys let’s not get all political again and have a mod delete a bunch of posts. Old school vibe please.

Microsoft, Adidas and Lockheed all revealed that they have at least 1 staff with virus. I wonder how many WFH (work from home) situations we’ll see from here on out.

My state agency told us to WFH if we even feel slightly ill or use our generous sick time. And they updated our disaster recovery plans, offsite data backups, and skeleton staff plans yesterday.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Updates from Canada - 47 cases:

A few days ago, we had a briefing that one our employees in our office is in self-quarantine. They have a second degree connection to someone who tested positive and was on a cruise in Egypt and returns to Canada.

An office mate has booked a cruise. I asked if they thought that was wise. They leave next week.

22 cases in Ontario (4 of those are now resolved)
21 cases in BC (including first case of community spread)
1 presumptive positive in Alberta
3 cases in Quebec

235 Canadians are on the cruise ship holding off the coast of California.

www.ontario.ca...-0

bc.ctvnews.ca...

apple.news...

A dog in Hong Kong has tested positive for the virus:

www.cbc.ca...

edit on 6-3-2020 by NxNWest because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

Microsoft, Adidas and Lockheed all revealed that they have at least 1 staff with virus. I wonder how many WFH (work from home) situations we’ll see from here on out.

Bloomberg Radio this AM said 2 microsoft staff that were known to be infected. Bet the number for all 3 of those major corps are much higher

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Spains tally for the day just jumped to 100 and France's jumped to 154.

www.worldometers.info

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
a reply to: Village Idiot

well... to me, if you don't have at least 1 grand in the bank... that is being a bit foolish.

Doesn’t that statement feel silly as you were replying to the “Village Idiot”?

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
Spains tally for the day just jumped to 100 and France's jumped to 154.

www.worldometers.info

Yeah it takes a while to filter through.
France will have another update later on.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Sorry but it does represent America, you may see yourself as separate states, however the rest of the world sees you as a country.

Why do you think people struggle to with the whole north America, South America, central America and then the United States of America which really are not all that United.

You're like a bunch a nutters, maybe modern family is far more prophetic than could be imagined.

Or maybe one should watch less T.V.! I've traveled all over this planet for decades...one common thread I found on other continents, non US inhabitants look through the lenses of a T.V. as fact.

I am Texan, born and raised here...for ten or more years people thought "Dallas" was a reality show and everyone had cattle in the back yard.

Now, your picture as presented, you can not tell me with any truth or fact...they are US Citizens. Can you?

Which flows to this point...

As senior official walks through locked down estate, locals yell out that it was cleaned up and grocery deliveries arranged in time for her visit
Sun had been inspecting the distribution of necessities to households and afterwards told cadres to face up to the real problems

"Its All Fake" (SCMP)

mg

edit on 03064848America/Chicago06_8America/Chicagoam by missed_gear because: dang phone spell check

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Trump Abruptly Cancels Trip To CDC As Coronavirus Death Toll In US Rises

President Donald Trump cancelled his trip to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Friday amid the rising death toll caused by COVID-19.

“The President is no longer traveling to Atlanta today,” a White House official said in an email on background. “The CDC has been proactive and prepared since the very beginning and the President does not want to interfere with the CDC’s mission.”

Source

Proactive and prepared might be a little subjective.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: NxNWest

Now that you mentioned it..

I never noticed the name.

top topics

<< 210  211  212    214  215  216 >>

join