It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 4

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Jobeycool
Nothing is making any sense, from day one.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jobeycool
The parts of the world where this virus is popping up now is not making any sense.....

Exactly. It's because it was already there, had been for some time now. It's just that people are seeking medical help now so the cases get registered. I'm repeating again. No way in hell it took this virus almost 3 damn months to spread from industrial /business center of China to the rest of the world.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: XCrycek

originally posted by: Jobeycool
The parts of the world where this virus is popping up now is not making any sense.....

Exactly. It's because it was already there, had been for some time now. It's just that people are seeking medical help now so the cases get registered. I'm repeating again. No way in hell it took this virus almost 3 damn months to spread from industrial /business center of China to the rest of the world.
Well what I guess what I was getting at....Bio Weapon or this is way way out there...possibly alien abductions caused it....that would be nuts.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   

There's a good sci-fi story in that... I'm off to get a bottle of red and watch some movies. 12 Monkeys has got to be on the list this weekend.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Now 34 cases confirmed in Spain. Expected and prepped. Stop being naive people!

www.lavanguardia.com... hoy-en-directo.html#goto-comment-1185277011

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: celltypespecific
Thank-you Mr. Trump.
Good luck relying on the ADMIN. during this crisis. We are no better than China.

www.businessinsider.com... ame=iossmf&utm_source=reddit.com

In the article it says "according to the NY Times"

This article was posted yesterday:

Trump Campaign Sues New York Times Over 2019 Opinion Article
www.nytimes.com...

I wonder if this is the NYT getting back at Trump?
edit on 28-2-2020 by FinallyAwake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   

.possibly alien abductions caused it

Of all the theories as to how this started this has got to be the number 1
Most ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

What paper?

It was a meta-analysis I posted about in the part 3 thread:

Results: 8 studies were included in Meta-analysis, including a total of 5732 patients with 2019-nCoV infection.According to Meta-analysis, among the clinical characteristics of patients with 2019-nCoV infection, the incidence of fever is 90.9%, the incidence of cough is 70.8%, and the incidence of muscle soreness or fatigue is 41%. The incidence of acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) was 14.8%, the incidence of abnormal chest CT was 95.6%, the proportion of severe cases in all infected cases was 24.3%, and the mortality rate of patients with 2019-nCoV infection was 6.4%.

Clinical Characteristics of 5732 Patients with 2019-nCoV Infection

Here is another meta-analysis from the same authors of a larger group of patients that shows somewhat different numbers:

Objective: We aim to summarize reliable evidences of evidence-based medicine for the treatment and prevention of the 2019 novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) by analyzing all the published studies on the clinical characteristics of patients with 2019-nCoV. Methods: PubMed, Cochrane Library, Embase, and other databases were searched. Several studies on the clinical characteristics of 2019-nCoV infection were collected for Meta-analysis. Results: Ten studies were included in Meta-analysis, including a total number of 50466 patients with 2019-nCoV infection. Meta-analysis shows that, among these patients, the incidence of fever was 89.1%, the incidence of cough was 72.2%, and the incidence of muscle soreness or fatigue was 42.5%. The incidence of acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) was 14.8%, the incidence of abnormal chest computer tomography (CT) was 96.6%, the percentage of severe cases in all infected cases was 18.1%, and the case fatality rate of patients with 2019-nCoV infection was 4.3%. Conclusion: Fever and cough are the most common symptoms in patients with 2019-nCoV infection, and most of these patients have abnormal chest CT examination. Several people have muscle soreness or fatigue as well as ARDS. Diarrhea, hemoptysis, headache, sore throat, shock, and other symptoms only occur in a small number of patients. The case fatality rate of patients with 2019-nCoV infection is lower than that of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) and Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS).

Clinical characteristics of 50466 patients with 2019-nCoV infection

Both percentages of severe cases and mortality rates were lower, (24.3% vs 18.1% and 6.4% vs 4.3% respectively), but still at rates which are concerning.

Keep in mind that this is a meta-analysis of other papers published and will be affected by biases in those papers. That is mentioned in the study itself:

In all, a total of 10 articles were covered in the Meta-analysis, including 50466 patients with 2019-nCoV infection. By far, it is the first Meta-analysis with the largest sample size. The quality of the literature included in this study is high, the analysis is rigorous, and the conclusions drawn by the study are highly credible. However, this Meta-analysis also has some limitations: 1) All studies included in this Meta-analysis are retrospective studies with large heterogeneity; 2) Most patients in our Meta-analysis are Chinese, and we aimed to use the conclusions of this study to predict patients in general, including other countries and races; 3) There was publication bias in the Meta-analysis of the ARDS group. The analytical conclusion of the ARDS group may be influenced by publication bias. Therefore, based on the above limitations, the conclusions of this Meta-analysis still need to be verified by more relevant studies with more careful design, more rigorous execution, and larger sample size.

Bias notwithstanding, this will affect those of us here in the states, and there will be knock on effects not directly caused by the virus but rather are fallout from people's reactions to those who contract the virus.

Other numbers show something very different, that only those over 70 are at serious risk, with dramatically lower risk rates for those 49 and under.

Ok, without intending to start math wars all over again, let's play with some numbers:

The number of people in the U.S. over 70 as of 2018 were 35.34 million, as per Statista.

Let's stay with my original supposition that only one third of this group are infected by the virus, that gives us approximately 11.6622 million infected persons age 70 or above. If the lower number from the above two meta-analayses is correct, and 18.1% of this group experience a severe case of the disease, that still leaves us with 2.1108582 million severe cases; still more than double the number of total hospital beds in the entire country.

All of the above presumes that only people age 70 and above are affected with a severe case.

This doesn't even get into the numbers of people who could become infected and are just sick enough to not work but that don't necessarily require hospitalization. Or would you want these people out in the work force even though they aren't all that ill?

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: nolabel

.possibly alien abductions caused it

Of all the theories as to how this started this has got to be the number 1
Most ridiculous.
Poop ET did it. This is Is, US, or Ch did it. Take your pick

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joeshiloh
a reply to: Agit8dChop
bnonews.com...
There are currently 84,112 confirmed cases worldwide, including 2,876 fatalities.

which presents with a fatality rate of 2.9%.... Which is a misconstrued/B S number
because we don't know for certain the number of 'confirmed' or in what early stage of sickness...
because the 'tests' are all over-the-board in reliability
--------->> because some forms of the virus/disease takes 3+ weeks to become apparent with Symptoms

too many if/or's/buts/ands for the number jumbles to make any rational sense or Prognosis or Actuary Table a doctor or researcher could rely upon

the USA going Full Action on the outbreak (in a moon-landing or Manhattan project Mode)
is clear indication that the COVID19 monster is a wild/10 headed, many spiked Crown disease, sitting atop a red Dragon and even the USA & World health Org are way behind in unlocking the remedies to avoid a Pandemic

just wait on buying stock in a fake Market Rebound event... like I said in page 1 post... this thing will gallop around the globe

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
Nothing is making any sense, from day one.
It does we are in the midst of a depop/wack them episode!

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: tanstaafl

Let's stay with my original supposition that only one third of this group are infected by the virus, that gives us approximately 11.6622 million infected persons age 70 or above. If the lower number from the above two meta-analayses is correct, and 18.1% of this group experience a severe case of the disease, that still leaves us with 2.1108582 million severe cases; still more than double the number of total hospital beds in the entire country.

However, you are also assuming that all 2 million will require hospitalization at the same time. As some die off, beds will be available to others. It's a grizzly thought, but that's just numbers.
edit on 2/28/2020 by Bishop2199 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   

13% of Americans have already changed travel plans due to coronavirus, survey says
From CNN Business' Chris Isidore

About one American in eight surveyed says they have already canceled or changed travel plans due to concerns about the novel coronavirus.

The survey was conducted by the Kaiser Family Foundation and polled about 1,200 adults.

It found that there were high awareness of the disease with 97% of those surveyed saying they have followed at least some news about the outbreak, and 56% saying they knew a lot about the disease. And 55% also said they are somewhat or very concerned that there will be a widespread outbreak in the United States.

The survey also found that 13% say their level of concern is enough for them to have changed or canceled travel plans already — although it does not specify whether those travel plans were domestic or overseas. Another 9% said they are already bought or worn a protective mask.

The survey was conducted between Feb. 12 and 18 by Kaiser, a nonprofit foundation focused on health policy issues.

Source

Maybe there's hope for humanity after all.
edit on 2/28/2020 by Bishop2199 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

From what I have read, the severe cases require intensive care, with the use of oxygen and often ventilators. Just hospital beds won't be enough for those people.
Oh, and the people that need these types of treatment need it for months.
edit on b000000292020-02-28T13:26:29-06:0001America/ChicagoFri, 28 Feb 2020 13:26:29 -0600100000020 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   

the new coronavirus that causes COVID-19 disease

Ok, this has probably been covered, since I am late to the party, but the above statement reads to me, like this new virus causes a disease.

Is that right?
If so, is it something you will have forever?
I hope I am misinterpreting something here.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

sounds like way too early for scientists/doctors to determine, but potentially this is a biphasic virus and can go "dormant" where one appears to get better, only to have symptoms return even worse than the 1st time around.

Also potential of "reinfection" with a separate infection not directly tied with the first one

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom

the new coronavirus that causes COVID-19 disease

Ok, this has probably been covered, since I am late to the party, but the above statement reads to me, like this new virus causes a disease.

Is that right?
If so, is it something you will have forever?
I hope I am misinterpreting something here.
This is a beast that gets you eventually, hence perfect depopper!

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: celltypespecific
a reply to: TruthJava

Hi TruthJava....

In response to your post please see the below:

Looks like the POPE HAS CORONAVIRUS....

So much for prayers......

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Concern over the Pope's well-being circulated on social media after he was seen coughing and blowing his nose during Ash Wednesday celebrations, in which he greeted people without wearing a mask.

On Sunday, he mingled with 40,000 faithful in Bari, hugging and kissing people in the crowd after expressing support for those infected by coronavirus, the health workers treating them and the civil authorities responding to the worsening outbreak.

The Pope is a 'Super Spreader'

Ugh.

link   
New case in the UK. Bringing us to 20. Possibly a GP in Surrey as reported by several papers. No travel history so likely human to human

link   
20 confirmed in the UK now. Getting lots of people talking.

Link

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join